Pink Avocado Catering Reviews

2 User Photos

Pink Avocado Catering 1
Pink Avocado Catering 2

jacob · Married on 09/07/2018

If you are reading this review do yourself a favor and pick up the phone and book pink avocado. Don’t think twice, book them and I guarantee you will have an amazing food at your event and an even better experience.

First things first, the food is AMAZING!!! We have heard more compliments about the food at our wedding than anything else. We looked at a couple other caterist for our wedding and the tastings with them was night and day, the others were not even in the same ballpark as Pink Avocado!!

Second, Sarah and her team are the most amazing people to work with. We had planned for a unique wedding outdoors. They worked hand and hand with other vendors for rentals. They did a walkthrough of the space and put together an amazing plan.

4 days before our wedding, Sarah emailed us noticing that the weather was supposed to rain all week. She recommended that we look into our backup option. She brought her whole team out and replanned our event 48h beforehand. (Who does this?!?!?!) She coordinated everything with our new venue. They made the switching the venue stress free and the switch was nothing more than a yield sign to them.

I can not recommend Sarah and the team at Pink Avocado enough. The food is unbelievable and the service is even better (if that is possible). Do your self a favor and pick up the phone and call them. You will not be disappointed If you call them. If I could give them 1,000 stars I would!

Gabriella · Married on 06/09/2018

I can't say enough great things about Pink Avocado. Our catering coordinator was Sarah and she was so amazing to work with. My husband and I narrowed our catering search down to Pink Avocado because everything on their online menu looked amazing. The tasting was so wonderful. Everything that we tried for our menu was delicious. We knew we wanted great food and a plated dinner. Pink Avocado did not disappoint. Our guests were so happy the delicious, warm plated dinner they received at our reception. We continue to hear great things from our guests about how amazing the food is. You will not be disappointed.

Kyle · Married on 02/17/2018

Pink Avocado was absolutely amazing!!! We were so happy to have chosen them for our wedding dinner. They were my top choice and did not disappoint. From our first reach out to the end of the night they were the utmost professional and very responsive. We asked about family style serving instead of buffet or plated and they went along with it no questions (a few other vendors complained about that request). The tasting was amazing, they were very accommodating as we brought both sets of parents along for the meeting. They took our feedback from that and incorporated our requests into the final meal, including providing the groom & I with an hor d'oeuvre plate in our suite after pictures. Everyone raved about the food and hardly anything was left over at the end of the night. The staff also helped out with the venue flip (our ceremony & dinner were in the same space) and were completely professional the entire night.

dan · Married on 11/04/2017

The food Pink Avocado prepared was incredible. They prepared a custom menu and the food was amazing. People were raving about the food even after the wedding. Frankly, couldn't have been better. Their service on the day of was fantastic as well. I couldn't recommend them enough. We would use them again in a heart beat.

Amanda · Married on 10/28/2017

We loved working with Pink Avocado for the bartending and catering services for our wedding. I had absolutely no idea what I wanted in terms of food, but Rachel provided us with a sample menu that looked fabulous, and we ended up going with everything she suggested. I'm so glad we added the stuffed avocado bar for our cocktail hour as well. That was a big hit with our guests! Rachel was very responsive and always easy to get in touch with. We are very happy with how everything turned out on our wedding day, and we've received several compliments from our guests about how good the food was.

Kerri · Married on 10/28/2017

Our backyard wedding was made complete by the amazing execution of Pink Avocado. Not only was the food delicious, the presentation wonderful, but the staff that served us was fun, incredibly kind, thoughtful, and extremely considerate. I love them and our experience!

• I

Ivy · Married on 10/28/2017

We couldn't be happier with the way our wedding food turned out! Pink Avocado is in a class of its own. We worked with Sarah the whole way through, and she was so professional and quick to get back to us on multiple emails and questions. We chose to have a seafood and vegetarian menu (passed appetizers and buffet-style dinner), and were just blown away by how delicious everything was at our private tasting and on the wedding day! Pink provided so many creative and tasty options. Having an outdoor venue without a full catering kitchen I'm sure is a challenge for some, but Pink Avocado is just the best at what they do! Also, it ended up being very cold on our wedding night, and all the food was nice and hot. Our guests raved about the food, which included caliente shrimp crostinis, beet tartare, vegan empanadas, halibut, roasted veggies, risotto and more! Everything was incredible. Pink also packed to-go box samples of each dish for my husband and I to take home with us. Pink Avocado is truly the best!

Pink Avocado Catering 3
    Pink Avocado Catering 4
  • O

Oliver · Married on 09/16/2017

Pink Avocado gets an A+++ for delivering an incredible experience at our wedding. The food was so yummy. The service was top notch. I'm impressed with the level of quality and professionalism they provided. In particular, I'd like to thank Rachel very much for being on top of everything. She answered all of our questions promptly and always made us feel like she had everything in control. Thank you for everything!

Dustin · Married on 04/15/2017

From the first conversations to the tasting all the way through the big day, the Pink Avocado crew took care of us and helped make our wedding an event to remember. The food was tremendous, including a chicken fried tofu that delighted our vegetarian guests and made tofu-believers out of some staunch meat-and-potatoes guests. The bar staff was on point, and no one ever had an empty glass. Pro-tip: to help soak up all that liquid refreshment, have Pink Avocado setup a late night breakfast taco bar. It was such a hit one of our Boston based guests smuggled a dozen home in his carry-on!

stephanie · Married on 10/22/2016

Brandon and I cannot sing more praises to you and the team for your superb service and delicious food at our wedding on Saturday!!

The food was exactly they way we wanted from the slightly crispy seared gnocchi to the beef short ribs that fell right off the bone. All our guests are still continuing to rave about it and so many have commented that it was the best wedding food they have ever had. The stuffed avocado bar was a hit and so incredible unique!

On top of all this, the service staff were like ninjas! I never was in need because they were on top of everything refilling drinks as needed, clearing plates, and serving silently. They were nonintrusive and yet so present at the same time.

Pink Avocado from start to finish has gone above and beyond!- From the quick and clear communication, professional tastings, taking our food critique and preferences into consideration, to execution on the day of.

I will definitely be referring anyone I can think of to you in the future. Thank you and the team so very much for making our wedding night memorable to both of us and all our guests!!

Jeff · Married on 10/22/2016

Pink Avocado is the gold-standard of what you'll find in Central Texas for top catering needs. With friends and family attending our wedding from L.A, NYC and Paris, the bar was set very high as to what guests expected from the catering. And, without fail, Pink Avocado delivered the best of the best. Everyone raved about the flawless service (they do this unexpected, timed plating at each table which very much impressed our VIP guests who weren't expecting white glove treatment). And, the food was simply wonderful.
    Our friends and family don't see the need to gush when it's not warranted so, when I heard from multiple sources how much they enjoyed the food, I knew we had made the best selection.
    And, for the local folks who work in the entertainment industry and know the food and bev vendors in Austin/Metro area, when you tell them you went with "Pink" they give you this knowing smile back because they know you made a top-tier choice.
    I will admit, they are not going to be the least expensive vendor so if you're looking for the cheapest then they won't be the right fit. However, I won't ever overpay for services either and I do believe the value for their services and delivery was extremely high. My baseline rule of thumb was that I wanted folks to simply enjoy and savor the meal and keep it as one of the most positive experiences of the overall day as much as we did and Pink didn't disappoint... they contributed to one of the happiest days in our new life together.

For our son's wedding reception, we worked with Sarah and Brittan from Pink Avocado Catering. Sarah took care of the planning process, and she could not have been easier nor more pleasant to work with. She helped us with every detail of the evening and was amenable to any changes that had to be made along with way. One of the highlights of the planning process for us was the tasting of the food prior to the day of the reception. We had requested something special--our son's bride is Russian, and we wanted to incorporate Russian food into our menu. Sarah and the team came up with absolutely fantastic choices for us, and we were able to sample and enjoy them at the tasting. It was so much fun! Brittan was the on-site lead for the reception, and she was amazing! The entire evening ran so smoothly, even with a surprise rainstorm! Brittan's team managed to get everything under cover and regrouped so nicely. She was there until the very end of the night making sure everything was taken care of. We felt totally secure knowing that Brittan was in charge, and this all allowed us to thoroughly enjoy ourselves. I highly recommend Pink Avocado for their personal service, their creativity and flexibility, and for their reliability.

Anna · Married on 08/14/2016

I wish I could give more than 5 stars! I can't recommend the Pink Avocado highly enough! They were an absolute pleasure to work with, and always perfectly professional and prepared. The value you get with Pink Avocado is incredible! They were willing to work with any budget, and created a 100% customized menu for us. We had a blended cultures wedding, and the delicious menu they created was a perfect reflection of this. They were absolutely determined to make sure everything tasted perfect, going far and beyond anything we expected. Our guests can't stop talking about the delicious food, and are even asking for recipes! I can't imagine a better caterer and recommend the Pink Avocado as highly as possible! They are the best!

Morgan · Married on 07/02/2016

If you have the chance to book with Pink Avocado, DO IT!! Sarah was our go-to from PA and we could not have asked for a better consultant. PA was able to accommodate my husband and I for a weekend tasting (something none of the other caterers we tasted with were able to do) and even though you do have to pay for the tasting it is a small amount and goes towards your bill if you book with them, plus you get to take all of you leftovers home (trust me you will have leftovers, lots of them). Sarah was super responsive via email, always had great suggestions for our menu, and was able to make nearly our whole menu gluten free (husband has celiac). Other caterers only included one or two options after we told them having a variety of gluten free choices was a priority. They are also a great value! We got twice the mount of food for our guests and amazing service for significantly less some others we were looking at (where the menus had less items to begin with). Basically the PA team is superb, food was amazing (guests are still talking about it), service was awesome (they did complete set-up and tear down on time), and everyone the day-of was super friendly us and all of our guests! Thank you for helping to make our day amazing PA!!

susan · Married on 05/28/2016

I cannot say enough about Sammy and the staff over at Pink Avocado Catering. My husband and I got married this past May and the food was sensational. When asking our guests what they liked best about the reception the first words were usually: "the food". It was great to be able to do a tasting before the big day as well. Sammy was great and so flexible...you will not be disappointed!!!!! Suzy and Dimitrius Pulido

Kristen · Married on 04/30/2016

We used Pink Avocado for our wedding last spring (finally getting caught up to write reviews). They did our catering and our bartending, and our experience could not have been better. The food was amazing! All of our guests raved about it—even my dad who is one of the pickiest eaters I know and very spare with the compliments. They also created a signature drink for us, which we thought was delicious and turned out to be super popular with the guests too. We did family style dinner service and the menu included salmon with pea puree, short ribs, polenta, salad, bread and vegetable. They also did passed apps and a cheese/charcuterie stationary app tray. But my absolute favorite was our late-night snack of mini grilled cheese sandwiches! Our guests were so excited after all the dancing and it was the perfect send-off.

Service was impeccable. So professional and no one wanted for anything. The bartenders were courteous and fast. The table settings looked fantastic! We had a few special requests, such as vintage tableware and a surprise groom's cake, and PA handled everything beautifully. Working with Pink Avocado throughout the process was seamless and truly the best part of planning. A calm oasis in the middle of a very stressful storm. I'm a worrier by nature, but I never had a second of doubt about Pink Avocado. All of the team went above and beyond--it was very apparent how much they care about people and providing a top notch experience, showing us such warmth, kindness, and the definition of hospitality. We were totally blown away!

Jill · Married on 04/02/2016

Pink Avocado was an amazing caterer for our wedding. We went with them because they were in house at our venue, but had also heard raving reviews of their work. Original quotes were a bit higher than we originally planned but the team is so great at making a custom menu that we were able to get the food we wanted for the price we wanted! They certainly didn't disappoint, and our guests loved everything we served. Sammy and team were very easy to work with. Throughout our planning process we did make several changes, and they were wonderful at being flexible for us. In addition to food, we also used Pink Avocado for our bar service and those guys were amazing. They were so friendly and managed the bar wondefully. No one had to wait for drinks and my groom and I were taken care of all night! I am so happy with the decision to use Pink Avocado and you should definitely book them too!

• adrienne

adrienne · Married on 02/27/2016

we LOVED working with Sammy and his team at Pink Avocado. they were so easy and fun to work with, which was a necessity for us since we planned our wedding from California. Sammy was super responsive to all my questions and needs, and he and his chef did a great job of catering to my severe allergies, in addition to providing our guests (who had gluten and dairy issues) with amazing options to enjoy at our wedding.

we loved the creativity in the dishes, and their willingness to change and alter the plan if we asked them to. while they weren't the cheapest quote we got, i'm so glad that we went with Pink Avocado. the quality of the food, their service and their help in personalizing our day made every penny we spent with them worth while. our guests loved the food and i head rave reviews about the bartenders too.

we are so thankful to have gone with Pink Avocado for our wedding day caterer - i would recommend them to anyone looking for amazing food, amazing service and an all around great company to work with.

Seslie · Married on 02/20/2016

My fiancé and I just had our menu tasting today at the Palm Door on Sabine. The food was so amazing and presented beautifully. I love how all the ingredients are fresh and everything is custom. The Pink Avocado staff do such a great job to accommodate all your needs to make sure everything is perfect. I appreciate the time they take to make sure our menu is perfect for our big day! I can't wait for our wedding dinner in February. I know it will be amazing!

Hannah · Married on 11/21/2015

We had a four month engagement, and was in contact with five different caterers. Pink Avocado shined well above the rest. Not only did Sammy get in touch with me immediately, he stayed in touch. Other caterers took weeks to respond via email, then wanted another week to set up a phone appointment. I even had one reach out the week before my wedding asking if I had settled on a company. Sammy was in touch, available, friendly, and professional. He made an effort to get to know us, our "vision", preferences, and was even there on the big day. Now that I've doted on Sammy, the king of excellent and warm customer service, the FOOD. The tasting was the most enjoyable part of wedding planning, pampering us with great service and even better food. When we wanted to try something a second time and wanted to try out a different vegetarian dish, they accommodated with a smile! The presentation of appetizers, dinner, and desserts were beautiful, the servers were friendly and efficient. Sammy made sure that the groom and I had our own special plates, the young kids got their kids meals, and Sammy personally attended to our special request to serve one pie (in addition to our two favorite desserts) in honor of the groom's late father. I STRONGLY recommend everyone consider using the Pink Avocado for your event. The presentation, professionalism, customer service, and food itself far exceeded our expectations.

We had The Pink Avocado cater our daughter's recent (November) wedding. The food was AMAZING!! Seriously, every bite was perfection. All of our guests were Raving about the flavors, the presentation, and the kindness of the servers.
    In our planning stages, we found T.P.A.'s pricing was excellent compared to some other vendors where we did not enjoy the food as much. Sarah was our contact person. She was incredibly professional and capable. You won't go wrong choosing them to help with your event.

Fabulous service, delicious food and friendly coordinators. I would highly recommend this company for your food needs at any party. Family style dining went seamlessly smooth. The steak with jalapeno sauce was a hit!!! We are so thankful for this company & the delicious food they provided for an amazing event.

Amanda · Married on 08/22/2015

We were so happy with our experience with Pink Avocado for our summer wedding! My husband is a chef, so he had some specific requests about the food and they were all handled very well. Our guests were raving about how delicious the food was, which was very important to us. Sarah was great to work with and extremely patient as we made changes to the menu, head count, etc. I only wish we could have thanked her in person the day of our wedding. I highly recommend Pink Avocado to future brides!

• W

Whitney · Married on 05/24/2015

The team at Pink Avocado was amazing! The food for our reception was so delicious! We had so many guests tell us that was the best food they have ever had at a wedding! Thank you Sarah for all of your help! We enjoyed working with you! Everything was perfect!