Pink Avocado Catering Reviews

Pink Avocado Catering 7
  • Jessica

Jessica Carr · Getting married on 01/09/2020

Amazing Food and Great Staff

We had Pink Avocado cater our wedding onsite at the Palm Door on Sabine and it was one of the best choices we made for our wedding reception! Their food is amazing! We had a taco bar with their braised short rib empanadas and salsa and guacamole for the cocktail hour. I am still having family ask me about their food! Their staff was also amazing. Becca coordinated our linen rentals and greenery and helped to answer all of my many questions! The onsite staff and bartenders on the night-of were phenomenal as well. I’ve started following them on Instagram, and I hope I get to go to another event they cater in the future because they make so many creative dishes! I’m sure that they could tackle whatever your dream wedding meal is!

Sent on 10/08/2019
    Pink Avocado Catering 8
    Pink Avocado Catering 9
    Pink Avocado Catering 10
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Ashburn · Married on 06/01/2019

Best. Food. Ever!

We are so fortunate to have Pink Avocado as our wedding caterer. They created a custom menu for us - and when I say custom, I mean they prepared some Venezuelan food AND BBQ/typical Texas flair items because we wanted a "Tex-Ven" wedding. People are still telling me how absolutely delicious the food was! And we agree! Of course, we are biased but we believe they served the best food we've ever had at a wedding. Everything was delicious and perfectly cooked! We also had the pleasure of working with Becca - she is a rockstar and made all our menu needs and wants happen for us. We are so glad we chose Pink Avocado and cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 06/14/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 04/27/2019

Delicious food and professional service

We hired Pink Avocado for our wedding and we were both so happy we did! We had 80 guests and a buffet wedding and used their bartending services as well. I am from Houston and Becca was incredibly easy to work with over email and she worked with all of our requests. She even helped me weigh pros and cons and pricing of buffet vs. plated or family style services.
    I knew we had made the right choice when my mom and I came for our tasting. Everything was presented so beautifully, and it tasted even more amazing than it looked. Everyone warned me ahead of time that I would barely eat at my wedding, but that was not the case for us! We were served first to make sure we ate and thoroughly enjoyed our food. They even prepared leftovers for us to enjoy the next day. I could not sing higher praises for the beautiful food and service they provided for us and our guests!

Sent on 05/07/2019

Laura Delacruz · Married on 03/30/2019

You've never had wedding food like this!

We chose Pink Avocado to cater our wedding for a cocktail hour and 130 person plated dinner. The team at Pink Avocado was absolutely amazing. I knew I was in good hands from the second I reached out to them. The prices were very reasonable and the food was outstanding. They were really great about guiding us through the whole process and making great recommendations. I had to make some last minute changes 2-3 weeks before the wedding and they accommodated us without a problem. All our guests raved about the food and the professionalism of the service staff.

Sent on 04/05/2019
  • Mackenzie

Mackenzie · Married on 03/30/2019

Amazing Food Amazing Service!

Pink Avocado Catering is not only regularly booked for weddings, but they are often used for corporate events and festivals in Austin because they are so good at what they do. The quality of the food, the quality of the service, and the quality of the staff is incredible. Their style is a very hip, fun, Austin-y style with an upscale touch. Their coordinator worked very closely with our wedding planner to make sure that all of our notes and special requests were met and that we were not disappointed in any way. The food was delicious, and it was beautifully presented to our guests. We would use them again for another event in the future. We highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/28/2019
    Pink Avocado Catering 15
    Pink Avocado Catering 16
  • Tess

Tess · Married on 03/09/2019

Stop looking for other caterers and book Pink Avocado!

WOW! I cannot believe how well Pink Avocado pulled off our wedding. Numerous guests told me that it was the best wedding food they'd ever had! We went mostly vegetarian and opted for the buffet-style option. Food was brought out in small batches so everything was warm and fresh. Working with Sarah was an absolute delight. Her communication was prompt, professional, and detailed. All of the on-site Pink Avocado staff was wonderful. We used their bartenders as well but provided our own beer, wine, and liquor to save money. I wish they had a restaurant so I could eat their food all the time. Their mac and cheese is in my top 3 and I consider myself a mac and cheese connoisseur.

Sent on 09/22/2019

Megan Breeland · Married on 12/01/2018

Still getting compliments on the food three days later...

LOVE Pink Avocado. I have celiac, as does my mom, and Pink Avocado created a menu that our guests didn't realize was gluten-free and they absolutely loved! I was so thrilled with the quality of food, and just how flexible and creative they are at PA. Our contact was also amazing throughout the process - she attended venue meetings with us, set up multiple (lavish!) tastings, and she and her crew on site were outstanding on the day of. I HIGHLY recommend, their food was the thing I got the most compliments on, by far!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Caroline · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing food and excellent vendor to work with

Pink Avocado was an exceptional vendor to work with for our wedding. From day 1, they were very professional and informative and helped us come up with a menu for our wedding that combined a lot of our favorite foods and cuisine that we wanted to offer to our guests. We made many changes throughout the process and they were very flexible and accommodating. The service at the reception was excellent. We have received many compliments from our guests saying it was the best wedding food they have had!

Sent on 12/09/2018

jacob · Married on 09/07/2018

If you are reading this review do yourself a favor and pick up the phone and book pink avocado. Don’t think twice, book them and I guarantee you will have an amazing food at your event and an even better experience.

First things first, the food is AMAZING!!! We have heard more compliments about the food at our wedding than anything else. We looked at a couple other caterist for our wedding and the tastings with them was night and day, the others were not even in the same ballpark as Pink Avocado!!

Second, Sarah and her team are the most amazing people to work with. We had planned for a unique wedding outdoors. They worked hand and hand with other vendors for rentals. They did a walkthrough of the space and put together an amazing plan.

4 days before our wedding, Sarah emailed us noticing that the weather was supposed to rain all week. She recommended that we look into our backup option. She brought her whole team out and replanned our event 48h beforehand. (Who does this?!?!?!) She coordinated everything with our new venue. They made the switching the venue stress free and the switch was nothing more than a yield sign to them.

I can not recommend Sarah and the team at Pink Avocado enough. The food is unbelievable and the service is even better (if that is possible). Do your self a favor and pick up the phone and call them. You will not be disappointed If you call them. If I could give them 1,000 stars I would!

Sent on 09/15/2018

Gabriella · Married on 06/09/2018

I can't say enough great things about Pink Avocado. Our catering coordinator was Sarah and she was so amazing to work with. My husband and I narrowed our catering search down to Pink Avocado because everything on their online menu looked amazing. The tasting was so wonderful. Everything that we tried for our menu was delicious. We knew we wanted great food and a plated dinner. Pink Avocado did not disappoint. Our guests were so happy the delicious, warm plated dinner they received at our reception. We continue to hear great things from our guests about how amazing the food is. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/20/2018

Kyle · Married on 02/17/2018

Pink Avocado was absolutely amazing!!! We were so happy to have chosen them for our wedding dinner. They were my top choice and did not disappoint. From our first reach out to the end of the night they were the utmost professional and very responsive. We asked about family style serving instead of buffet or plated and they went along with it no questions (a few other vendors complained about that request). The tasting was amazing, they were very accommodating as we brought both sets of parents along for the meeting. They took our feedback from that and incorporated our requests into the final meal, including providing the groom & I with an hor d'oeuvre plate in our suite after pictures. Everyone raved about the food and hardly anything was left over at the end of the night. The staff also helped out with the venue flip (our ceremony & dinner were in the same space) and were completely professional the entire night.

Sent on 02/26/2018

dan · Married on 11/04/2017

The food Pink Avocado prepared was incredible. They prepared a custom menu and the food was amazing. People were raving about the food even after the wedding. Frankly, couldn't have been better. Their service on the day of was fantastic as well. I couldn't recommend them enough. We would use them again in a heart beat.

Sent on 12/21/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/28/2017

We loved working with Pink Avocado for the bartending and catering services for our wedding. I had absolutely no idea what I wanted in terms of food, but Rachel provided us with a sample menu that looked fabulous, and we ended up going with everything she suggested. I'm so glad we added the stuffed avocado bar for our cocktail hour as well. That was a big hit with our guests! Rachel was very responsive and always easy to get in touch with. We are very happy with how everything turned out on our wedding day, and we've received several compliments from our guests about how good the food was.

Sent on 12/21/2017

Kerri · Married on 10/28/2017

Our backyard wedding was made complete by the amazing execution of Pink Avocado. Not only was the food delicious, the presentation wonderful, but the staff that served us was fun, incredibly kind, thoughtful, and extremely considerate. I love them and our experience!

Sent on 01/11/2018
  • I

Ivy · Married on 10/28/2017

We couldn't be happier with the way our wedding food turned out! Pink Avocado is in a class of its own. We worked with Sarah the whole way through, and she was so professional and quick to get back to us on multiple emails and questions. We chose to have a seafood and vegetarian menu (passed appetizers and buffet-style dinner), and were just blown away by how delicious everything was at our private tasting and on the wedding day! Pink provided so many creative and tasty options. Having an outdoor venue without a full catering kitchen I'm sure is a challenge for some, but Pink Avocado is just the best at what they do! Also, it ended up being very cold on our wedding night, and all the food was nice and hot. Our guests raved about the food, which included caliente shrimp crostinis, beet tartare, vegan empanadas, halibut, roasted veggies, risotto and more! Everything was incredible. Pink also packed to-go box samples of each dish for my husband and I to take home with us. Pink Avocado is truly the best!

Sent on 02/11/2018
    Pink Avocado Catering 17
    Pink Avocado Catering 18
  • O

Oliver · Married on 09/16/2017

Pink Avocado gets an A+++ for delivering an incredible experience at our wedding. The food was so yummy. The service was top notch. I'm impressed with the level of quality and professionalism they provided. In particular, I'd like to thank Rachel very much for being on top of everything. She answered all of our questions promptly and always made us feel like she had everything in control. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Dustin · Married on 04/15/2017

From the first conversations to the tasting all the way through the big day, the Pink Avocado crew took care of us and helped make our wedding an event to remember. The food was tremendous, including a chicken fried tofu that delighted our vegetarian guests and made tofu-believers out of some staunch meat-and-potatoes guests. The bar staff was on point, and no one ever had an empty glass. Pro-tip: to help soak up all that liquid refreshment, have Pink Avocado setup a late night breakfast taco bar. It was such a hit one of our Boston based guests smuggled a dozen home in his carry-on!

Sent on 04/23/2017

stephanie · Married on 10/22/2016

Brandon and I cannot sing more praises to you and the team for your superb service and delicious food at our wedding on Saturday!!

The food was exactly they way we wanted from the slightly crispy seared gnocchi to the beef short ribs that fell right off the bone. All our guests are still continuing to rave about it and so many have commented that it was the best wedding food they have ever had. The stuffed avocado bar was a hit and so incredible unique!

On top of all this, the service staff were like ninjas! I never was in need because they were on top of everything refilling drinks as needed, clearing plates, and serving silently. They were nonintrusive and yet so present at the same time.

Pink Avocado from start to finish has gone above and beyond!- From the quick and clear communication, professional tastings, taking our food critique and preferences into consideration, to execution on the day of.

I will definitely be referring anyone I can think of to you in the future. Thank you and the team so very much for making our wedding night memorable to both of us and all our guests!!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Jeff · Married on 10/22/2016

Pink Avocado is the gold-standard of what you'll find in Central Texas for top catering needs. With friends and family attending our wedding from L.A, NYC and Paris, the bar was set very high as to what guests expected from the catering. And, without fail, Pink Avocado delivered the best of the best. Everyone raved about the flawless service (they do this unexpected, timed plating at each table which very much impressed our VIP guests who weren't expecting white glove treatment). And, the food was simply wonderful.
    Our friends and family don't see the need to gush when it's not warranted so, when I heard from multiple sources how much they enjoyed the food, I knew we had made the best selection.
    And, for the local folks who work in the entertainment industry and know the food and bev vendors in Austin/Metro area, when you tell them you went with "Pink" they give you this knowing smile back because they know you made a top-tier choice.
    I will admit, they are not going to be the least expensive vendor so if you're looking for the cheapest then they won't be the right fit. However, I won't ever overpay for services either and I do believe the value for their services and delivery was extremely high. My baseline rule of thumb was that I wanted folks to simply enjoy and savor the meal and keep it as one of the most positive experiences of the overall day as much as we did and Pink didn't disappoint... they contributed to one of the happiest days in our new life together.

Sent on 12/29/2016

For our son's wedding reception, we worked with Sarah and Brittan from Pink Avocado Catering. Sarah took care of the planning process, and she could not have been easier nor more pleasant to work with. She helped us with every detail of the evening and was amenable to any changes that had to be made along with way. One of the highlights of the planning process for us was the tasting of the food prior to the day of the reception. We had requested something special--our son's bride is Russian, and we wanted to incorporate Russian food into our menu. Sarah and the team came up with absolutely fantastic choices for us, and we were able to sample and enjoy them at the tasting. It was so much fun! Brittan was the on-site lead for the reception, and she was amazing! The entire evening ran so smoothly, even with a surprise rainstorm! Brittan's team managed to get everything under cover and regrouped so nicely. She was there until the very end of the night making sure everything was taken care of. We felt totally secure knowing that Brittan was in charge, and this all allowed us to thoroughly enjoy ourselves. I highly recommend Pink Avocado for their personal service, their creativity and flexibility, and for their reliability.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Anna · Married on 08/14/2016

I wish I could give more than 5 stars! I can't recommend the Pink Avocado highly enough! They were an absolute pleasure to work with, and always perfectly professional and prepared. The value you get with Pink Avocado is incredible! They were willing to work with any budget, and created a 100% customized menu for us. We had a blended cultures wedding, and the delicious menu they created was a perfect reflection of this. They were absolutely determined to make sure everything tasted perfect, going far and beyond anything we expected. Our guests can't stop talking about the delicious food, and are even asking for recipes! I can't imagine a better caterer and recommend the Pink Avocado as highly as possible! They are the best!

Sent on 08/28/2016

Morgan · Married on 07/02/2016

If you have the chance to book with Pink Avocado, DO IT!! Sarah was our go-to from PA and we could not have asked for a better consultant. PA was able to accommodate my husband and I for a weekend tasting (something none of the other caterers we tasted with were able to do) and even though you do have to pay for the tasting it is a small amount and goes towards your bill if you book with them, plus you get to take all of you leftovers home (trust me you will have leftovers, lots of them). Sarah was super responsive via email, always had great suggestions for our menu, and was able to make nearly our whole menu gluten free (husband has celiac). Other caterers only included one or two options after we told them having a variety of gluten free choices was a priority. They are also a great value! We got twice the mount of food for our guests and amazing service for significantly less some others we were looking at (where the menus had less items to begin with). Basically the PA team is superb, food was amazing (guests are still talking about it), service was awesome (they did complete set-up and tear down on time), and everyone the day-of was super friendly us and all of our guests! Thank you for helping to make our day amazing PA!!

Sent on 08/15/2016

susan · Married on 05/28/2016

I cannot say enough about Sammy and the staff over at Pink Avocado Catering. My husband and I got married this past May and the food was sensational. When asking our guests what they liked best about the reception the first words were usually: "the food". It was great to be able to do a tasting before the big day as well. Sammy was great and so flexible...you will not be disappointed!!!!! Suzy and Dimitrius Pulido

Sent on 07/06/2016

Kristen · Married on 04/30/2016

We used Pink Avocado for our wedding last spring (finally getting caught up to write reviews). They did our catering and our bartending, and our experience could not have been better. The food was amazing! All of our guests raved about it—even my dad who is one of the pickiest eaters I know and very spare with the compliments. They also created a signature drink for us, which we thought was delicious and turned out to be super popular with the guests too. We did family style dinner service and the menu included salmon with pea puree, short ribs, polenta, salad, bread and vegetable. They also did passed apps and a cheese/charcuterie stationary app tray. But my absolute favorite was our late-night snack of mini grilled cheese sandwiches! Our guests were so excited after all the dancing and it was the perfect send-off.

Service was impeccable. So professional and no one wanted for anything. The bartenders were courteous and fast. The table settings looked fantastic! We had a few special requests, such as vintage tableware and a surprise groom's cake, and PA handled everything beautifully. Working with Pink Avocado throughout the process was seamless and truly the best part of planning. A calm oasis in the middle of a very stressful storm. I'm a worrier by nature, but I never had a second of doubt about Pink Avocado. All of the team went above and beyond--it was very apparent how much they care about people and providing a top notch experience, showing us such warmth, kindness, and the definition of hospitality. We were totally blown away!

Sent on 03/09/2017

Jill · Married on 04/02/2016

Pink Avocado was an amazing caterer for our wedding. We went with them because they were in house at our venue, but had also heard raving reviews of their work. Original quotes were a bit higher than we originally planned but the team is so great at making a custom menu that we were able to get the food we wanted for the price we wanted! They certainly didn't disappoint, and our guests loved everything we served. Sammy and team were very easy to work with. Throughout our planning process we did make several changes, and they were wonderful at being flexible for us. In addition to food, we also used Pink Avocado for our bar service and those guys were amazing. They were so friendly and managed the bar wondefully. No one had to wait for drinks and my groom and I were taken care of all night! I am so happy with the decision to use Pink Avocado and you should definitely book them too!

Sent on 05/14/2016