Pine Hills Lodge Reviews

48 | Julian, CA

48 Reviews for Pine Hills Lodge

48 Pine Hills Lodge Reviews

Veronica · Married on 09/29/2018

From the moment my husband and I arrived to visit and tour the PHL, we fell in love with the quiet private mountain retreat. They had multiple ceremony locations to choose from, and the indoor reception space was perfect for entertaining our guests. The proprietor, Hanna, was so accommodating and sincere with planning up to and on our big day! We thoroughly enjoyed the entire weekend of our wedding as we hosted our rehersal dinner at their pub with the tasty taco stand, and loved the Sunday brunch with family and friends. It was truly a staycation getaway to celebrate our marriage and we loved every minute of it at the PHL!! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 10/06/2018
    Pine Hills Lodge 8
    Pine Hills Lodge 9
    Pine Hills Lodge 10
    Pine Hills Lodge 11

Pine Hills Lodge's reply:

Thank you, Veronica! Beautiful photos!

Justina · Married on 08/04/2018

We are so grateful for Hanna & the Pine Hills Lodge staff. We had our wedding on August 4th, 2018 and felt so welcomed, comfortable, and valued as a couple.

Sent on 09/20/2018
    Pine Hills Lodge 17
    Pine Hills Lodge 18
    Pine Hills Lodge 19

Pine Hills Lodge's reply:

Thank you, Justina! It was such a pleasure!

Alison · Married on 06/23/2018

We really enjoyed working with Hanna and Terry. They were exceptionally easy to work with and fun. Hanna was very responsive and flexible as we exchanged communications pre-wedding week. We had a lot of ideas about bringing in outdoor decorations and lawn games, and she was amendable to all of them. While we were on site during the wedding week, they were both very present to answer questions and adjust settings and such. On both the reception night and the wedding night, everything went smoothly, and the staff they hired was professional, responsive and lovely. They were always on hand to take care of an issue as needed. Very grateful as we were pulling this off by ourselves and didn't have a liaison/wedding planner hired. The wedding guests who stayed on site with us truly enjoyed the setting and being able to get away from their lives in this country oasis. Thanks Hanna and Terry for being terrific hosts!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Pine Hills Lodge's reply:

Thank you, Alison! What a fun Wedding you and Stan had!

Barbara · Married on 06/09/2018

Excellent food and service, Hanna is very professional and easy to work with. Many people commented it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to.

Sent on 06/10/2018

Pine Hills Lodge's reply:

Thank you, Barbara, It was such a pleasure to work with you all!

Ashley · Married on 05/19/2018

Me and my wife Ashley recently had our wedding at Pine Hills Lodge on May 19th and had the most memorable weekend of our lives! Hannah (co-owner) was so helpful throughout the entire experience and we are so grateful for all of her help along the way. Our friends and family raved about how beautiful and rustic the venue was which was further confirmation that we made the right decision booking our wedding as well as rehearsal dinner at Pine Hills Lodge. Me and my wife enjoy camping and having the opportunity to stay overnight in a cabin on the premises was wonderful as we woke up to a beautiful view and could hear birds chirping and even a wood pecker in the distance. It was an added bonus having the luxury of family and friends staying in cabins and lodges at the venue as well. We felt like we experienced a real-life fairytale and HIGHLY recommend using this venue to those pondering the thought of booking this site for your special event. In addition, the beauty of the venue was captured in our wedding photos and we could not believe how beautiful our pictures came out! Thanks again Hannah for facilitating what was the best weekend ever!

Jodi · Married on 12/30/2017

My husband and I had a beautiful wedding for our daughter and son-in-law last month. The venue was perfect for them. It was nice to have the cabins right there. We took over the whole lodge. Hannah and Terry made us feel welcome and Hannah was so sweet to accommodate us and any last minute changes we had. We had a lot of guest tell us it was one of the best weddings they had been to. I highly recommend Pine Hills Lodge.

Sent on 01/14/2018
    Pine Hills Lodge 24
    Pine Hills Lodge 25

Thank you!

Lauren · Married on 10/28/2017

Pine Hills lodge was absolutely everything we were looking for all in one place. No other venue we needed offered everything they did plus we were pleasantly surprised with a few extra perks we hadnt even thought of. Hanna was a joy to work with, she is so sweet and acommodating that we couldnt have asked for a smoother process. The food was phenomenal and the setting was perfectly romantic. Id recommend Pine Hills Lodge any day of the week!

MIRANDA · Married on 08/05/2017

Hanna was very helpful ! Her team very professional! Food was amazing and I highly recommend pine hills lodge for a rustic wedding experience. Our wedding party took over whole lodge . It was a fun memorable weekend! My husband and I are so happy how everything turned out .

Nancy · Married on 05/20/2017

I already took this survey.... please check your records. We loved the venue and service. I highly recommend
    Pine Hills Lodge as a wedding venue. It was convenient in that there were cabins and lodge rooms on sight and the pub was a perfect place for the rehearsal dinner....Street tacos set up on the patio, delicious !!!! kids loved watching the woman make tortillas.

Katherine · Married on 05/13/2017

My husband and I had the wedding of our dreams on May 13th at Pine Hills Lodge! Could not have been a more perfect day, or venue! Pine Hills offered everything we were looking for, and is an absolutely stunning place! So green and lush, surrounded by trees, and the sweet pea flowers had just started blooming, resulting in the perfect setting for our outdoor ceremony. In addition, the craftsman style lodge for the reception looked so beyond stunning! Truly a beautiful setting for any style wedding, especially if you're looking for a more rustic and/or foresty setting!

In addition to the overall beauty of Pine Hills, one of the biggest selling points for us were the onsite accommodations, and having the venue to ourselves the entire weekend. Our wedding party and family arrived on Friday for the rehearsal, then stayed on site both Friday and Saturday nights (which also really reduced stress, knowing everyone was already there). We wrapped up our incredible wedding weekend with Pine Hill's delicious Sunday brunch!

The reception food was catered through the venue, and was absolutely outstanding! Our guests are still raving about the food! We had a street taco bar buffet (offered chicken tacos and sweet potato tacos) with cheese enchiladas, black beans and rice. During cocktail hour, we had chips with homemade salsa and guacamole. Amazing!!!

Pine Hills also has a pub onsite, attached to the lodge, where we hosted cocktail hour. They made margaritas for our signature cocktail that were amazing! And the best part?! The pub is open until 2am, so we were able to continue the party in there even once the reception ended at 10!

The manager, Hanna, and her staff went above and beyond throughout our entire planning process, and the day of! They truly helped make our special day absolutely perfect! Highly recommend Pine Hills Lodge!

Steven · Married on 12/18/2016

Pine Hills Lodge is a charming wedding venue, run by a generous and accommodating proprietor, Hannah Sheldon. My wife (yes, I can call her my wife now!) and I originally put a deposit in for a dinner wedding, but a month down the line, we decided that a brunch would be better for us. No problem! Hannah had us covered, even on the same day. Hannah even upgraded the space we would use at no charge. She made sure we had it to ourselves despite there being a wedding the night before.

We opted to have our ceremony in the field, a beautiful little clearing the back of the property situated among pine and oak trees. It's quite magical back there, and it was the perfect place for us. We wanted to have our wedding in nature, but not have our guests milling about in the Julian winter weather. The dining room is a spacious yet cozy space built completely of beautiful wood (maybe redwood?). The brunch was delicious, the service staff was on point, and everyone commented on what a beautiful venue it was.

Of course we started about an hour late. No problem! Hannah was, par the the course, completely accommodating, and made sure that our meal time matched up with our timeline. Pine Hills lodge is a perfect place for anyone who wants a wedding with a warm, natural yet refined feel, and a friendly, professional venue proprietor. My wife and I rate Pine Hills Lodge as HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Ashlynn · Married on 11/19/2016

When we first went up to the Lodge, we loved absolutely everything about it and Hanna, the owner. She was the sweetest thing and really accommodating. We had originally wanted a barn wedding, but finding that for a reasonable price in San Diego was impossible. When we saw the theater and walked inside, we fell in love instantly! Not only is Julian one of our favorite places to get away from the bustle of town, the Lodge itself, all the cabins, and the Theater just made us feel like when we were in our own mountain get away. Throughout the planning process, Hanna was super responsive via e-mail and phone. I was pretty concerned about fitting our 140 guests inside the Lodge for the reception, but it was a breeze and there was plenty of room!! I was also originally concerned about parking, but there was plenty. We also loved that our wedding party had the entire Lodge and associated cabins to ourselves for the weekend. It made everything much less stressful to have everyone on-site. The check in and out process was simple, the staff was helpful, and the food was amazing! I had even the most picky-eater guests tell me later that they couldn't believe how great both the chicken and the brisket was. Then, even after the formal reception was over, we were able to move to the Pub and have a few more cocktails until the wee hours of the morning. Terry, one of the owners, even bought a round. Hanna, Terry and Pine Hills Lodge truly helped make our wedding the best day of our lives!

Beth · Married on 09/24/2016

I've been meaning to write this review forever, but it's daunting when you have so much to say! My husband and I got married at Pine Hills Lodge in September 2016 and can't say enough great things about our experience working with Hanna and Terry. The first day we dropped in at Pine Hills Lodge and met Hanna, we knew we wanted to get married there. Pine Hills Lodge's pricing was very reasonable and they were more flexible than your average venue (I'm an event planner, so I've worked with my fair share). Our group took over the property from Friday afternoon to Sunday brunch and the weekend was absolute perfection. We wanted to create a summer camp-like feel for our wedding weekend, and having our wedding party and families stay onsite with us all weekend completely accomplished that. This might sound over the top, but many of our guests said it was the best wedding they'd been to; I think that's in large part due to the fact that we have awesome loved ones who know how to have a good time, but Pine Hills Lodge played a huge part in ensuring our weekend was to great. I could go on and on, truly.

Pine Hills Lodge 26
    Pine Hills Lodge 32
    Pine Hills Lodge 33
    Pine Hills Lodge 34
    Pine Hills Lodge 35

Our wedding started off as a smaller wedding, but grew to twice what we had originally planned. Pine Hills was awesome in their flexibility and working with us to make our day really special. The owners were laid-back and very friendly, which made the weekend special for all of our guests staying at The Lodge. Thank you for such a magical backdrop for our special day, Pine Hills Lodge!

Christal · Married on 03/05/2016

Beautiful place and a beautiful venue. It was absolutely perfect!

Andrea · Married on 06/06/2015

My now husband I had our wedding here at Pine Hills Lodge about a month ago and it was absolutely beautiful! We still have people telling us how great everything was! Especially the food. Hannah was a pleasure to work with and made sure everything for us went very smooth. I couldn't have asked for a better day!

Chantel · Married on 11/01/2014

I loved everything about our wedding at Pine Hills Lodge! Hanna is such a Doll to deal with! We and our wedding party stayed in the cabins at Pine Hills Lodge the Friday night before. We had our rehearsal dinner there and since it was halloween Hanna had decorated and had her and her staff dress in costumes to match our costume halloween themed rehearsal dinner. Hanna had a great rockabelly band play there the night before. We invited friend up to hang out after rehearsal, it was such a good time! Everything ran so smoothly. I know some people complain about the cabins/room but the cabins are exactly that...cabins! Our ceremony was originally an outdoor wedding, but we set up inside the red little barn room instead and it couldn't have been more perfect. THE FOOD WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!! The chef really knows what he is doing! Everything was cooked perfect! For cake we had a delicious 3 tier cake from Candy Apple Pastries! along with an assortment of other delicious goodies! Chef Charles is very good at what he does. We had an amazing band, The Red Muffs play there as well. it was their second time playing and they did phenomenal! Best wedding band I have ever heard! Drew at info@youngproductions.com also insured everything ran smoothly the day of the wedding and made sure everything got done in a timely fashion. His girlfriend Genna was the DJ and she is such a sweetheart and really easy to work with. All these vendors really made it easy on me and cheaper than hiring a wedding planner! I wouldn't change a thing! One other plus to Pine Hills Lodge is that the wedding doesn't have to stop at 10 like most venues, they will serve alcohol till 1:30/2 am, our guests really enjoyed that :)
    If you are looking for a more affordable, semi get away venue to have your wedding, this is the place! Not to mention the pictures you get here are to die for! I could go on and on!!!!!!

Chantel · Married on 11/01/2014

Andrea · Married on 09/06/2014

Our event was absolutely flawless because of Hanna and the Pine Hills Lodge staff! They went over and beyond in service for not only myself as the bride but also my guests. The place was beautiful and I was able to ask and customize any part of our day. I have recommended this venue to all of my newly engaged friends!

Dan · Married on 08/31/2014

The lodge was the perfect location for our rustic wedding. The staff is exceptional, professional, and easy to work with. What could be considered a pretty stressful event was not stressful at all due to the staff. Hanna is an amazing coordinator and point person. She will get the job done and work with you to ensure your day is the perfect event.

Gina · Married on 07/05/2014

We had our July wedding at Pine Hills Lodge and we couldn't be happier about the entire experience. We absolutely loved the venue, it was perfect for us. The lodge and surrounding area are absolutely beautiful. The owners of the lodge were incredibly helpful, kind, and patient every step of the way! We had an absolutely wonderful wedding there, the service was outstanding and the food was excellent. We used several local vendors who often work with Pine Hills Lodge, so everything from the ceremony to the receptions went smoothly. We had an absolutely incredible experience at Pine Hills Lodge and we are so grateful we found such a gem of a venue for our special day.

Jennifer · Married on 07/26/2013

I was never that little girl who dreamed about having the perfect wedding her whole life, but that's exactly what I got at the Pine Hills Lodge in Julian, CA: perfection. Hanna, the lodge owner, was extraordinarily helpful from start to finish, making certain I had everything I needed for the big day. The venue was beautiful and our guests raved about the food. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Pine Hills Lodge to anyone who wants to have a serene, secluded mountain wedding.

Pamela · Married on 06/01/2013

Pine Hills Lodge was a beautiful location for my daughter's wedding! The entire family was able to stay on site and have the place to ourselves! The food was fabulous, the service was professional and the set up was just as we requested. Hanna was very attentive, helpful and patient with us as we tried to solidify the plans. I would recommed Pine Hills Lodge to anyone who would like a venue in the quite hills of Julian!

Dawn · Married on 05/25/2013

I would recommend Pine Hills Lodge as a wedding venue for that beautiful country wedding. It was the perfect spot for all our friends and family to gather for the weekend for my daughters wedding. Our guests were taken back by the beauty of the property and enjoyed the peace and quiet of the mountains.