42 Reviews for Pine Hills Lodge

Signature Drink (1)
Barware (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
42 Pine Hills Lodge Reviews

My husband and I had a beautiful wedding for our daughter and son-in-law last month. The venue was perfect for them. It was nice to have the cabins right there. We took over the whole lodge. Hannah and Terry made us feel welcome and Hannah was so sweet to accommodate us and any last minute changes we had. We had a lot of guest tell us it was one of the best weddings they had been to. I highly recommend Pine Hills Lodge.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jodi, 12/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Pine Hills lodge was absolutely everything we were looking for all in one place. No other venue we needed offered everything they did plus we were pleasantly surprised with a few extra perks we hadnt even thought of. Hanna was a joy to work with, she is so sweet and acommodating that we couldnt have asked for a smoother process. The food was phenomenal and the setting was perfectly romantic. Id recommend Pine Hills Lodge any day of the week!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Hanna was very helpful ! Her team very professional! Food was amazing and I highly recommend pine hills lodge for a rustic wedding experience. Our wedding party took over whole lodge . It was a fun memorable weekend! My husband and I are so happy how everything turned out .

Profile Picture MIRANDA, 8/5/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I already took this survey.... please check your records. We loved the venue and service. I highly recommend
Pine Hills Lodge as a wedding venue. It was convenient in that there were cabins and lodge rooms on sight and the pub was a perfect place for the rehearsal dinner....Street tacos set up on the patio, delicious !!!! kids loved watching the woman make tortillas.

Profile Picture Nancy, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I had the wedding of our dreams on May 13th at Pine Hills Lodge! Could not have been a more perfect day, or venue! Pine Hills offered everything we were looking for, and is an absolutely stunning place! So green and lush, surrounded by trees, and the sweet pea flowers had just started blooming, resulting in the perfect setting for our outdoor ceremony. In addition, the craftsman style lodge for the reception looked so beyond stunning! Truly a beautiful setting for any style wedding, especially if you're looking for a more rustic and/or foresty setting!

In addition to the overall beauty of Pine Hills, one of the biggest selling points for us were the onsite accommodations, and having the venue to ourselves the entire weekend. Our wedding party and family arrived on Friday for the rehearsal, then stayed on site both Friday and Saturday nights (which also really reduced stress, knowing everyone was already there). We wrapped up our incredible wedding weekend with Pine Hill's delicious Sunday brunch!

The reception food was catered through the venue, and was absolutely outstanding! Our guests are still raving about the food! We had a street taco bar buffet (offered chicken tacos and sweet potato tacos) with cheese enchiladas, black beans and rice. During cocktail hour, we had chips with homemade salsa and guacamole. Amazing!!!

Pine Hills also has a pub onsite, attached to the lodge, where we hosted cocktail hour. They made margaritas for our signature cocktail that were amazing! And the best part?! The pub is open until 2am, so we were able to continue the party in there even once the reception ended at 10!

The manager, Hanna, and her staff went above and beyond throughout our entire planning process, and the day of! They truly helped make our special day absolutely perfect! Highly recommend Pine Hills Lodge!

Profile Picture Katherine, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Pine Hills Lodge is a charming wedding venue, run by a generous and accommodating proprietor, Hannah Sheldon. My wife (yes, I can call her my wife now!) and I originally put a deposit in for a dinner wedding, but a month down the line, we decided that a brunch would be better for us. No problem! Hannah had us covered, even on the same day. Hannah even upgraded the space we would use at no charge. She made sure we had it to ourselves despite there being a wedding the night before.

We opted to have our ceremony in the field, a beautiful little clearing the back of the property situated among pine and oak trees. It's quite magical back there, and it was the perfect place for us. We wanted to have our wedding in nature, but not have our guests milling about in the Julian winter weather. The dining room is a spacious yet cozy space built completely of beautiful wood (maybe redwood?). The brunch was delicious, the service staff was on point, and everyone commented on what a beautiful venue it was.

Of course we started about an hour late. No problem! Hannah was, par the the course, completely accommodating, and made sure that our meal time matched up with our timeline. Pine Hills lodge is a perfect place for anyone who wants a wedding with a warm, natural yet refined feel, and a friendly, professional venue proprietor. My wife and I rate Pine Hills Lodge as HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Profile Picture Steven, 12/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Accommodations, Clean Up, Set Up

When we first went up to the Lodge, we loved absolutely everything about it and Hanna, the owner. She was the sweetest thing and really accommodating. We had originally wanted a barn wedding, but finding that for a reasonable price in San Diego was impossible. When we saw the theater and walked inside, we fell in love instantly! Not only is Julian one of our favorite places to get away from the bustle of town, the Lodge itself, all the cabins, and the Theater just made us feel like when we were in our own mountain get away. Throughout the planning process, Hanna was super responsive via e-mail and phone. I was pretty concerned about fitting our 140 guests inside the Lodge for the reception, but it was a breeze and there was plenty of room!! I was also originally concerned about parking, but there was plenty. We also loved that our wedding party had the entire Lodge and associated cabins to ourselves for the weekend. It made everything much less stressful to have everyone on-site. The check in and out process was simple, the staff was helpful, and the food was amazing! I had even the most picky-eater guests tell me later that they couldn't believe how great both the chicken and the brisket was. Then, even after the formal reception was over, we were able to move to the Pub and have a few more cocktails until the wee hours of the morning. Terry, one of the owners, even bought a round. Hanna, Terry and Pine Hills Lodge truly helped make our wedding the best day of our lives!

Profile Picture Ashlynn, 11/19/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Our wedding started off as a smaller wedding, but grew to twice what we had originally planned. Pine Hills was awesome in their flexibility and working with us to make our day really special. The owners were laid-back and very friendly, which made the weekend special for all of our guests staying at The Lodge. Thank you for such a magical backdrop for our special day, Pine Hills Lodge!

Profile Picture User6579647, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, Liquor License, Signature Drink, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s)

Beautiful place and a beautiful venue. It was absolutely perfect!

Profile Picture Christal, 3/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My now husband I had our wedding here at Pine Hills Lodge about a month ago and it was absolutely beautiful! We still have people telling us how great everything was! Especially the food. Hannah was a pleasure to work with and made sure everything for us went very smooth. I couldn't have asked for a better day!

Profile Picture Andrea, 6/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

I loved everything about our wedding at Pine Hills Lodge! Hanna is such a Doll to deal with! We and our wedding party stayed in the cabins at Pine Hills Lodge the Friday night before. We had our rehearsal dinner there and since it was halloween Hanna had decorated and had her and her staff dress in costumes to match our costume halloween themed rehearsal dinner. Hanna had a great rockabelly band play there the night before. We invited friend up to hang out after rehearsal, it was such a good time! Everything ran so smoothly. I know some people complain about the cabins/room but the cabins are exactly that...cabins! Our ceremony was originally an outdoor wedding, but we set up inside the red little barn room instead and it couldn't have been more perfect. THE FOOD WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!! The chef really knows what he is doing! Everything was cooked perfect! For cake we had a delicious 3 tier cake from Candy Apple Pastries! along with an assortment of other delicious goodies! Chef Charles is very good at what he does. We had an amazing band, The Red Muffs play there as well. it was their second time playing and they did phenomenal! Best wedding band I have ever heard! Drew at info@youngproductions.com also insured everything ran smoothly the day of the wedding and made sure everything got done in a timely fashion. His girlfriend Genna was the DJ and she is such a sweetheart and really easy to work with. All these vendors really made it easy on me and cheaper than hiring a wedding planner! I wouldn't change a thing! One other plus to Pine Hills Lodge is that the wedding doesn't have to stop at 10 like most venues, they will serve alcohol till 1:30/2 am, our guests really enjoyed that :)
If you are looking for a more affordable, semi get away venue to have your wedding, this is the place! Not to mention the pictures you get here are to die for! I could go on and on!!!!!!

Profile Picture Chantel, 11/1/14, 1 Review

Profile Picture Chantel, 11/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our event was absolutely flawless because of Hanna and the Pine Hills Lodge staff! They went over and beyond in service for not only myself as the bride but also my guests. The place was beautiful and I was able to ask and customize any part of our day. I have recommended this venue to all of my newly engaged friends!

Profile Picture Andrea, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

The lodge was the perfect location for our rustic wedding. The staff is exceptional, professional, and easy to work with. What could be considered a pretty stressful event was not stressful at all due to the staff. Hanna is an amazing coordinator and point person. She will get the job done and work with you to ensure your day is the perfect event.

Profile Picture Dan, 8/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our July wedding at Pine Hills Lodge and we couldn't be happier about the entire experience. We absolutely loved the venue, it was perfect for us. The lodge and surrounding area are absolutely beautiful. The owners of the lodge were incredibly helpful, kind, and patient every step of the way! We had an absolutely wonderful wedding there, the service was outstanding and the food was excellent. We used several local vendors who often work with Pine Hills Lodge, so everything from the ceremony to the receptions went smoothly. We had an absolutely incredible experience at Pine Hills Lodge and we are so grateful we found such a gem of a venue for our special day.

Profile Picture Gina, 7/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I was never that little girl who dreamed about having the perfect wedding her whole life, but that's exactly what I got at the Pine Hills Lodge in Julian, CA: perfection. Hanna, the lodge owner, was extraordinarily helpful from start to finish, making certain I had everything I needed for the big day. The venue was beautiful and our guests raved about the food. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Pine Hills Lodge to anyone who wants to have a serene, secluded mountain wedding.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

Pine Hills Lodge was a beautiful location for my daughter's wedding! The entire family was able to stay on site and have the place to ourselves! The food was fabulous, the service was professional and the set up was just as we requested. Hanna was very attentive, helpful and patient with us as we tried to solidify the plans. I would recommed Pine Hills Lodge to anyone who would like a venue in the quite hills of Julian!

Profile Picture Pamela, 6/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would recommend Pine Hills Lodge as a wedding venue for that beautiful country wedding. It was the perfect spot for all our friends and family to gather for the weekend for my daughters wedding. Our guests were taken back by the beauty of the property and enjoyed the peace and quiet of the mountains.

Profile Picture Dawn, 5/25/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a lovely outdoor wedding at the Pine Hills Lodge. Hanna was very easy to work with and the Lodge is beautiful historic setting for reception. Food and service during reception was excellent!

Profile Picture User2485509, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our wedding at Pine Hills Lodge on January 26th 2013.
From the time we booked the venue until our wedding day, the planning process went smoothly.
Hanna was a huge help. She was flexible with us, accommodating and understanding.
We loved everything about our wedding!! Even with the rain. All day long!! Lol
It was perfect :)
My only complaint/comment would be that I wish they had an on site day of coordinator. Even if it was just for the ceremony and directing guests to the cocktail hour. It was just a tad chaotic and myself/guests/family were kind of scrambling around and trying to direct people.
Other than that, everything went off without a hitch!
Tables were set, food was excellent, wait staff was wonderful. We were very pleased!
I'd definitely recommend this venue to friends. I already have to a couple of brides :)

Oh......if you can, make sure the pine hills lodge salad is on your menu. Mixed greens, dried cranberries, candied pecans (or some type of nut) and blue cheese crumbles/dressing. Delicious!! I made sure to get seconds, as did many of our guests :)

Profile Picture Erika, 1/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my dream wedding at Pine Hills Lodge on May 19, 2012! Hanna (owner) is amazing! She’s so friendly and easy to work with. She was very accommodating with my all requests, allowing me to do some things that had never been done before at the lodge (i.e. different ceremony site and reception table layout). We made an entire weekend getaway out of our wedding: got up there around 9 am the day before and were able to set everything up, had the rehearsal at the ceremony site then headed to Wynola Pizza Bistro for dinner, got married the next day (SO stress free because everything was set- up the day before!), and the day after had brunch with family and friends. We had the whole place to ourselves (immediate family and wedding party filled up the entire lodge) and seriously had such a blast!

If you’re looking for a charming and rustic wedding venue that feels intimate, but can accommodate 150 people, Pine Hills Lodge is a great option. I was a little concerned about getting 150 people seated inside for the reception, but with creative thinking and table design, we totally made it work! My only other concern was not being able to do a food tasting – but do not let that worry you, the food was delicious! I kid you not I still have people talking about the citrus chicken and garlic mashed potatoes. I couldn’t be happier that I chose to get married at Pine Hills Lodge and cannot wait to return for a weekend getaway!

Thanks Hanna and Terry!

Profile Picture Courtney, 5/19/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From Day 1 of planning, Hanna was always very friendly, prompt, and flexible. We made so many changes as we got closer to the wedding, and she was incredibly patient and awesome about it. During the rehearsal dinner and reception, she took care of some things that my groom and I had neglected, and she did this so swiftly and graciously. Pine Hills Lodge was the most romantic, wonderful place for us to have our reception, and we will always cherish the memories. The bartender Greg was a huge hit with many of the guests, and the catering staff was superb. There were games for the children in the pub, and everyone had a blast. I can't thank the staff enough.

Profile Picture Meaghan, 4/14/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a beautiful wedding and reception at Pine Hills Lodge last December! I really wanted a warm, cozy winter wedding and I got it at Pine Hills. I know a lot of people have outdoor ceremonies there, but we opted for all indoors (December in Julian is cold!) and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. The fireplace is a gorgeous backdrop for the ceremony and the dinning room had a rustic elegance that we loved. Hanna, the owner, was even willing to let us bring in Christmas trees and lights and set up the dining room exactly how we wanted it! The food was delicious- I still have friends commenting on the Julian Salad- and the service staff was very professional and warm with our guests. We only visited in person twice and were able to make all of our arrangements from out of town through Hanna, the owner. I have to really compliment Hanna on her flexibility and variety of services. It was so convenient to have a venue that included food and bar services and helped us find vendors for the cake, the DJ, the rehearsal dinner, and additional lodging needs in town for our guests.
We were able to arrive and start setting up the day before the wedding on our own schedule. We had the rehearsal dinner catered in the pub by Wynola Pizza (great lasagna and baked ziti) with the bartender available to serve us all night. I stayed upstairs with my girlfriends in the lodge rooms the night before the wedding and my family and friends stayed in the surrounding cabins. My husband and I came back Sunday morning to join family and friends at the Sunday brunch before everyone headed home. We heard nothing but compliments on our wedding and venue choice- we have been told by several guests that it was the prettiest wedding they have ever attended. Our whole wedding weekend was wonderful because of Pine Hills Lodge- I keep telling my husband that I want to go back and do it all over again!

Profile Picture Marissa, 12/3/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were married at the Pine Hills Lodge on October 1, 2011 and I can't say enough great things about this venue! Hanna, the owner, went above and beyond! She allowed us to come to the lodge the day before the wedding to decorate the area just the way we wanted. She even provided us a beverage bin and ice free of charge so we could provide our guests with ice cold bottled water. We even had a skit for our main entrance and she made sure a couple of very important props were available on command. She was so awesome and helpful and just one of the sweetest people. Plus, we were able to find our DJ (Sound Prodigy) and cake baker (Candied Apple Pastry Company) through her. Then from our DJ we found our photographers (More Than Words Photography)and all of them worked REALLY well together. Everything went without a hitch.

The lawn may look small but it was able to hold a little over 100 of our guests just fine! I haven't gotten my official photographers' photos yet but from what I've seen of other guests' photos, the altar looked absolutely beautiful with the manzanita trees and the shining green leaves in the background.

The food was delicious! The entrees we provided for our guests were the tri-citrus salmon and top sirloin with red wine cream sauce. I loved the top sirloin but if I could go back in time, I would have ordered double of the tri-citrus salmon instead. It was absolutely divine. Its so easy to overcook salmon and they had cooked it just well enough where it had that nice flaky texture outside but was still really juicy! We also ordered the Julian Salad and we got so much praise from our guests for this salad! One of my guests even said it was one of the best salads she had ever had.

It was the best days of our lives and I'm SO glad we had our wedding here.

Profile Picture Amy , 10/1/11, 7 Reviews