Pies 'n' Thighs Reviews

Pies 'n' Thighs 6
Pies 'n' Thighs 7

Kelly · Married on 05/18/2019

Big hit with our guests

Cannot say enough good things about Pies n Thighs. We still have guests commenting on how much they enjoyed the food. The team also made everything easy - quick responses, managing the staff and rentals, accurate estimates, very friendly and accommodating. Even our planner / coordinator loved working with them. We would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for an event caterer in the NYC area.

Sent on 05/31/2019

Kevin · Married on 05/18/2019

outstanding experience

From start to end, Pies 'n' Thighs was an absolute pleasure to work with. Carolyn and Nancy were consistently able to address our questions (and deal with our indecisiveness) in a professional, friendly manner, and on the day of, Tiffany, Nancy, and the day-of staff were everything we could have asked for. We felt taken care of every step of the way, and every bit of the food was really amazing -- the first round of pies disappeared in a flash!

Sent on 06/08/2019

Lisa · Married on 03/23/2019

Everyone loved it!

We hired Pies 'n' Thighs to cater our wedding. They provided food for cocktail hour and a plated dinner. Everything was outstanding. Carolyn and her team were so great to work with. Picking out a caterer was probably one of the more stressful parts of wedding planning but Carolyn was incredibly flexible and accommodating from the moment I first reached out through the whole wedding. She even helped with things like the floor plan and flipping the space from the ceremony to reception which I thought we'd be on our own for. Now for the food itself - we are at the age where we're attending 5-7 weddings a year and really wanted the food to be special and different and Pies 'n' Thighs totally delivered on this! Not your typical wedding food in the best way possible. All of our guests loved it and it was such a fun element of the party. It tasted just as good at our wedding of 170 as it did at our 2 person tasting. I can't recommend them enough!!

Sent on 04/15/2019
  • F

Frank · Married on 10/07/2018

An excellent choice for a wedding or party caterer. Friendly, helpful, responsive. Reasonably priced. Carolyn and her team have mastered the art and science of preparing food that arrived at the venue as of it had been prepared on the spot! Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/10/2018
  • R. Reddick

R. Reddick · Married on 09/22/2018

Stress Free Experience -- Delicious Food

We LOVED working with Pies N' Thighs for our wedding. We had a tight budget and Carolyn's team made sure every belly was happy and full! The food tasted great, the staff was attentive to our needs, and they even made sure my pescatarian mother had something to eat. We would highly recommend them and couldn't imagine a different experience.

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Meara

Meara Levezow · Married on 09/22/2018

AMAZING. They are the best.

Everybody at the wedding said it was the best wedding food they've ever had. The team is so professional and on top of it, but also laid back and patient and kind. They're sensitive to budget, really pragmatic and super helpful with planning. They went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. The people running our venue were so disorganized, thank god Caroline and the Pies n Thighs people were there to put us at ease. I can't recommend them highly enough!!

Sent on 11/18/2018
  • Carolyn

Carolyn Gregoire · Married on 08/10/2018

Highlight of our wedding

Delicious food beloved by our guests, super affordable prices, wonderful staff and easy to work with

Sent on 11/14/2018

Kristine Laforgia · Married on 08/10/2018

Carolyn is a rockstar

Carolyn was an absolute pleasure to work with when we hosted a post elopement party at 501 union. She was flexible and helped guide us through a 225 person partially seated cocktail party. Food was incredible and the staff were attentive and friendly. HIGHLY reccommend!

Sent on 03/28/2019
  • Clare

Clare · Married on 06/29/2018

Simply Wonderful

My husband and I prioritized the catering at our wedding over most things as we were bringing family and friends from all over the country and wanted to serve something delicious that was reminiscent of home. Also, nothing's worse than bad wedding food (sorry/not sorry). Pies 'n' Thighs was our answer after we had long searched for the perfect fit! From the tasting on site at the restaurant (best night ever) up until the week of the wedding, Carolyn and her team were incredible.
    Carolyn was so warm, welcoming, and fast to respond to emails. When we finally got to meet in person to select rentals she listened to our needs, helping us choose options that we liked but also stayed within our budget, my vision, and somewhat neurotic emails about linens (lol). We also were able to do a site visit together so we could talk about the layout of the space, flow, etc... which was so helpful.
    One the day of the wedding her team was wonderful and they worked with me and my day of planner to make sure the tables were set perfectly and everything was on point. The bartenders were so friendly as well as the wait staff and of course, the food was delicious! That's actually the main thing – almost every guest made it a point to let us know how awesome the food was. From the fried chicken, to the salad, to the biscuits and (last but not least) PIES, the catering was a huge hit! We couldn't have been happier with our decision :) And having Pies 'n' Thighs in our own backyard also means that we get a little slice of our wedding day any time we visit :)

(photos by Wilde Scout Photo Co.)

Sent on 03/28/2019
    Pies 'n' Thighs 12
    Pies 'n' Thighs 13
    Pies 'n' Thighs 14

Ashley · Married on 02/18/2018

Amazing- most favorite wedding vendor!

Pies was the PERFECT choice for our Brooklyn wedding. They were accommodating, responsive and delivered amazing service day-of. Guest 8 months later still talk about how good the food was. You can't go wrong!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/29/2017

Brittany and the bunch are amazing and someone actually got up from their seat to congratulate us on having the best wedding food they have ever had - mac and cheese and fried chicken is so good, plus the brisket. They even accommodated vegan meals for many people and everyone loved them! Lots of brides say they don't eat at their wedding - too much adrenaline, nerves, etc. - but the fried chicken and comfort level of the food makes it so easy to sit down for a few and really enjoy your dinner and reception. The mini biscuits were a hit - though ended with a lot of stained ties! Honestly they couldn't have made it easier, and the staff was even friendly and seemed to have a great time as well!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Kristen · Married on 08/12/2017

Pies n Thighs catered our wedding a few weeks ago at the Green Building in Brooklyn, and we cannot say enough great things about them! Carolyn and Brittany were so professional and responsive, the tastings at the restaurant were a blast, and everything they did - coordinating the rentals, setting up tables/menus, the bar service - they did expertly.

Most importantly, the food was amazing! We received so many compliments on the food, which was delicious and never ran out (maybe my #1 fear going into my wedding). Multiple people said to us later it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding. The fried chicken, brisket, mini chicken biscuits, and all the sides were huge hits with the crowd and our vegan/vegetarian friends were well fed as well.

Thanks PnT!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Laura · Married on 07/02/2017

Pies 'n' Thighs was a great choice for my early July, summer BBQ, wedding at the Green Building in Brooklyn. As soon as we saw the menu, my husband and I knew it was exactly what we wanted... fried chicken, brisket, cornbread... what's not to love? We received so many compliments on the food and drinks throughout the evening. The meal was unique and fit our budget. Carolyn Bane and Brittany Anderson were both very responsive and accommodating. We were able to add Mexican corn on the cob, something not on the standard menu, as one of our sides. They were also incredibly helpful coordinating the catering rentals and table settings that we wanted. The day of the event went super smoothly. All of the catering staff was friendly and professional, and did a stellar job. We chose a bourbon Arnold Palmer for our specialty cocktail, which went well with the meal and all the guests loved, but my favorite part was the pie. The only thing I knew for certain I wanted for my wedding when I started planning was fruit pie instead of wedding cake, so Pies 'n' Thighs was the perfect choice. We had blackberry pie and pear/cherry pie, both so delicious we took leftovers with us on our honeymoon! I can't recommend Pies 'n' Thighs enough, and I'm looking forward to going back to the Williamsburg restaurant soon to relive the memorable meal.

Sent on 07/23/2017

Ali · Married on 07/02/2017

My husband and I still can't get over how amazing the food was at our wedding!!! Carolyn and Brittany are AMAZING to work with. From beginning to end they were always quick to respond emails. Our tasting at the restaurant was perfect Carolyn sat with us and discussed the different options we had for the cocktail our and for entrees. We also met with Carolyn at the rentals showroom and she was very helpful letting us know what options would keep us within our budget. The two items that stood out was the mac n cheese our guests could not stop raving about it and also the Paloma Margarita that we had as one of our specialty cocktails along with a spiked Arnold Palmer. Unfortunately we didn't get to try the donut holes or pies because they went so quickly, but we are glad our guest got to enjoy them and we were told they were amazing!! The staff was unbelievable and the presentation of the food looked great. I highly reccomend hiring Pies N Things for your wedding!! THE BEST 5/5

Sent on 08/07/2017

Theresa · Married on 06/09/2017

Pies n Thighs is one of our favorite restaurants in the city, so getting them to cater our wedding was exciting to begin with. But on top of the food -- which we already knew was stellar, it's so good, across the board delicious and fun and fresh and I would like a chicken biscuit right now -- the service was stellar. Every member of the waitstaff the day of the wedding was polished, professional, friendly, kind, at the top of their game. Everything was set up precisely as we asked and the service went exactly as planned. But the star, of course, is Carolyn, who felt like the captain of our wedding in a lot of ways. Carolyn's level head, great game-plan communication, and professionalism at every level is what you want at your wedding. She's also genuinely fun to spend time with -- which we did, at both a tasting and a cocktail tasting (the most fun I had wedding planning!) and choosing our rentals, which she gave great insight on in terms of where to spend and where to save. Carolyn and Brittany and the whole Pies n Thighs team are worth every penny, and I couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 03/17/2018

Gabriela · Married on 05/25/2017

My husband and I were looking for a caterer that would fit our budget without compromising the food’s integrity and taste. Our wedding was at The Green Building and we contacted their suggested vendors and local food trucks; what Pies and Thighs could provide in terms of service and menu was incomparable to others. I planned my wedding from out of state and Carolyn was the primary vendor that helped me coordinate the wedding. She was always available to answer questions that I had regarding the wedding, not only from a food perspective but also with the timeline, recommendations that fit the venue and other ways in which we could have the wedding we wanted within our budget. Carolyn’s patience and knowledge were really comforting when it came to handling all the intricate logistics that go into hosting an event at the venue. Some of my guests, included people that had visited Pies and Thighs, were extremely excited to know that that was dinner option. For the other guests, they left completely impressed. The quality of the food was amazing and I highly recommend starting your wedding planning by including Pies and Thighs as your caterer!!

Sent on 06/25/2017

We cannot say enough good things about Pies N' Thighs. Our PNT contact Patty went above and beyond to help coordinate our wedding and provide us with the best catering possible. Some people may think that fried chicken at a wedding is odd but for off beat brides/couples that aren't afraid to go off the traditional path, go with Pies N' Thighs. We had no complaints about the food and everyone kept wanting more. And their DONUTS ARE AMAZING so are the pies of course.

Sent on 06/08/2015

Trista · Married on 03/28/2015

We used Pies N Thighs to cater our wedding at The Green Building in Brooklyn. Seriously, the food is ridiculous – my husband and I ate leftovers at like 2 am that night and it was still amazing! Everyone was floored by the food (I mean, why wouldn't they) and it really set the tone for the night -- it was very important to me to have a chill, laid back wedding with the focus on great food and great music, and Pies N Thighs definitely did its part, above and beyond, without a doubt.

They also provided us with special entrees for our vegan/gluten free friends. I was a little worried that the food would pale in comparison (I mean, Pies N Thighs fried chicken is hard to beat), but our non-meat eating friends raved about the acorn squash dish that they prepared specially for them. In fact, one of my friends said that other guests seated at the table wanted to know where they could get some of their own!

And Patty was absolutely incredible! She takes care of everything and was especially helpful when it came to rentals.

If you want amazing food for your wedding, definitely go with Pies N Thighs. It was one of the best decisions I made!

Sent on 04/16/2015

Ari M · Married on 07/13/2019

4.2
      3.0

A hit with our guests

We learned about Pies N Thighs at the beginning of our wedding planning process and knew immediately we had to have them as our caterers. Its our favorite kind of food! The tasting was easy and fun. They were very flexible with our menu choices. We were able to include an out of season side dish. And, they were flexible with the premium app selection. Communicating with Carolyn was very easy, but our event point person there seemed less in tuned to the details. The communication difficulties might have been due to a change in staff. We felt that we needed to triple-check everything as we got closer to the event. Overall, the apps and mains were tasty and the pies were delicious. All of the food was a big hit with our guests.

Sent on 09/08/2019