Pickwick Gardens Reviews

Pickwick Gardens 5
  • Nathale

Nathale · Married on 05/11/2019

Our Wedding

Words can’t describe how happy we are with the service and dedication we got from Pickwick Gardens! Diana V. was an amazing coordinator and helped us every step of the way. I’m so sad that our event is over because we aren’t working with Diana anymore lol. Highly recommend having your wedding or any event at this venue!

Sent on 05/14/2019
    Pickwick Gardens 6
    Pickwick Gardens 7
    Pickwick Gardens 8
    Pickwick Gardens 9
    Pickwick Gardens 10

Amanda · Married on 08/19/2017

Absolutely loved this venue! We had checked out another one before Pickwick, but once we saw this, we were in love. Kristen was nothing short of amazing and helped us accommodate to guests' needs and a few requests from ourselves. Our guests could not stop raving about the venue and the food. Thank you!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Kathryn · Married on 09/06/2015

Our contact, Kristen Sargona, was amazing! She was always there to answer questions we had in a timely manner, everyone was so friendly and helpful. The venue was beautiful and I couldn't have picked a better place to have our wedding and reception. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/14/2015
  • anahidb

Anahid · Married on 10/12/2014

Our ceremony was held at Pickwick Gardens & it was absolutely the best! Kristen was really great to work with throughout the whole process. We had been looking into a lot of different outdoor venues for our ceremony & Pickwick gave us the most for our money. There were others that charged twice as much & only provided you with the ceremony chairs. With what we paid for at Pickwick it included a coordinator, keyboardists, aisle runner, 2 floral arrangements for the alter, water for guests, & so much more! We also stayed after the ceremony to take all of our photos there. I highly recommend Pickwick Gardens if you're looking for an outdoor ceremony location!

Sent on 10/24/2014

We looked at 30 venues before deciding on Pickwick Gardens. We knew that it was the right place for us because we felt welcomed and at home there. We also got a great package that included alcohol, cake, linens, a ceremony musician, some floral decor and catering. The food was fantastic and they were very flexible on what we could include in our package based on who we were. They were also very flexible on the location for the ceremony and we didn't have to use the awning that is out on the grounds, We got pick the tree that we wanted to be married under. I can't say enough about Kristen, our wedding coordinator. Kristen was with us from beginning to end, that end being as they brought out the cake on our wedding day. I planned my wedding on my own so looking for vendors in a large city such as L.A. was daunting. Kristen pointed me to different people that I could use who were reasonable and quite frankly fit within the family atmosphere that we were creating. It was very important to me that all of the vendors that we used felt like family and that we could trust them to make our day special. Kristen knew that and was able to help. She allowed me to have numerous visits to the venue prior to the big day and bring along friends an colleagues to get opinions about decorations, etc. And every time, she or one of the other coordinators was there to help show everyone around. You know that it's a good place when you can still visit the venue and they treat you like you are part of their family.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Liz · Married on 09/13/2013

I absolutely loved my wedding experience with Pickwick Gardens, especially with Kristen Sagona. She was super sweet, fun, and exciting, and spent lots of time with me to understand my vision. She has tons of experience so could offer excellent advice on every topic. Every vendor that she recommended did such an amazing job. I had my ceremony and reception outside in the gardens and it was so beautiful-truly my dream wedding. The food was also delicious. Kristen was there the entire day of the wedding to help coordinate everything-and everything was completely seamless. I would recommend this venue to any bride!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Laura · Married on 05/26/2013

Robbie Boatwright at Pickwick was one of the best and most professional event planners I have ever worked with! She was very responsive to our special requests and knew when to chime in without being pushy. Working together, we put on a fabulous ceremony and reception all outdoors in the gardens and it was truly memorable. A friend recommended this place to us for our wedding because the grounds are beautiful and their wedding packages are very affordable, and it turned out to be completely true! They throw a great wedding and reception and I would be happy to recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 06/09/2013

Wyndee · Married on 07/02/2011

Pickwick Gardens is the place to go for your ceremony site. The garden is absolutely beautiful - roses were in bloom, the fountain was running, the trees were in bloom, everything was perfect! We had our July 2nd wedding here, and though it was hot, the garden decreased the heat factor. The ceremony came with 2 alter arrangements, ceremony music, chair set-up under a canopy with fans, ice water for guests, an isle runner and a bridal room (of which we got 2). We couldn't have imagined having it anywhere else.

The people there are wonderful as well! Thank you Kristen for everything (including fixing my garter before I walked down the isle :) and for holding my train). Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to our wedding. It was absolutely wonderful, and we couldn't have imagined working with anyone else!
    -Nathan & Wyndee

Sent on 07/28/2011
  • Desiree and Adan

Desiree · Married on 05/13/2011

Kristen was my event coordinator and she was so awesome! She helped me stay calm when I got the pre wedding jitters and made sure everything ran smooth. We only had our ceremony here, but it was beautiful, the best value for our money. The package came with flower arrangements and they were exactly what I wanted. I would refer anyone here!

Sent on 05/21/2011

rebecca · Married on 08/27/2010

This venue was amazing across the board. Robbie Boatwright was our event planner and she was very helpful and accomodating. She was always quick to respond with any questions we have. The staff that worked our event was attentive and kept everything moving/on time. My husband and I didn't have to worry about a thing that day because they were so organized. I recommend Pickwich and know that you will have a great event there.

Sent on 09/22/2010

Carissa · Married on 08/07/2010

Kristin Stavert was my coordinator at this venue. I won the ceremony at their Bridal Show and was able to get them to work with my budget. They show packages to choose from, but if you let them know you need something less pricey per head, they can work with you. The venue was beautiful and they were flexible on the usage of the bridal suite. I was able to lock up my things in the suite until after my reception.

Sent on 09/09/2010

We got married October 20, 2012.. We started planing this wedding last year with Robbie. She was amazing, the venue was amazing , the food was amazing & our servers were great. We had people telling us that the food was the best wedding food that they have had. the bartenders we awesome...

Sent on 12/11/2012
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 05/09/2009

Robbie was great! She made me feel important and like my opinion really mattered. She went above and beyond her call of duty to make sure we were able to see/use the gardens/banquet room whenever we needed to, and was fantastic with running the rehearsal! I got nothing but fabulous feedback about the ceremony and reception. Everyone loved it!!!

Sent on 05/20/2009

Guillermo · Married on 08/24/2014

Diana Valanzuela was awesome. She was sweet, helpful and responsive. She was very flexible with most of our needs and easy to work with. The venue was overall beautiful, professionally organized and a good value. The catering is included and our guests were RAVING about the food. Everything was running late for our wedding but Diana was calm and kept us on track. We would definitely recommend Pickwick Gardens for your next party/event needs ;)

Sent on 09/02/2014

Jeanine · Married on 09/21/2013

Pickwick Gardens is a beautiful wedding venue, and very affordable as well. Robbie was our event coordinator and I couldn't have asked for anyone better! She was so helpful right from the start, and her professionalism made me feel really confident that everything would go smoothly on our wedding day. There were a few minor glitches during the actual reception however. First, when we arrived after the cocktail hour, we found that the bridal suite was crammed with chairs. Like, literally, floor to ceiling stacks of chairs, to the point that I could hardly fit in. How was I supposed to get ready with 3 feet of space? Well the wait staff really couldn't have cared less. Their solution? "We'll take all the chairs out when dinner is served." I would've liked to have had my hair and makeup touched up before dinner, you know, when all the pictures are taken...but we survived. Second, there was some sort of drama with the party in the room next door to ours. I'm not really sure what even happened because I really wasn't trying to get involved in that on my wedding day, but what annoyed me was that a waiter came up to me and said "Could you please tell your guests not to go into the room next door?" Umm, first, the rooms have a shared bathroom, and second, I really think there are many better people to ask than the bride herself. Like say, anybody else. So I took some points off for their professionalism and quality of service for those two little things. But those were just 2 minor details of the night, and overall I had a fantastic experience with this venue. Not to mention the gardens are absolutely beautiful! Oh, and the food was delicious!

Sent on 10/09/2013

Dushenka · Married on 09/01/2007

3.0

Robi was *fabulous*! The venue was *beautiful*. Everyone was very pleased. The only snag was the cook put cheese on the vegan pasta dish. They remade pasta for my mother and the officiant who were the most strict vegans in attendance. Other than that, everything was beautiful.

Sent on 07/29/2008

Lizzette · Married on 04/18/2010

3.8
      3.0

Robbie is the best she does such a great job of making you feel great but... the staff are not half as helpful as she and she was there only for the ceremony. They really were just unprofessional and really rude they have no idea how to handle common situations; which was a surprise to me since Robbie seemed so on top of things. But the venue is beautiful and the food is tasty I would recomend it if you were to host the bar or were 100% SURE no one is going to try to sneak in drinks otherwise they might shutdown your wedding early like mine was.

Sent on 05/29/2010

Jessica · Married on 07/07/2007

3.6
      3.5

The location is very beautiful - we didn't have our wedding here, just the reception. The food was very good, and they were flexible on the menu choices, and worked with us on the pricing. They were available ahead of time for the vendors (florist/cake/DJ) to get in and set up.

Sent on 12/19/2007