Pickerill Creative Reviews

18 | Los Angeles, CA

18 Reviews for Pickerill Creative

Lisa · Married on 07/15/2012

I truly believe that there is no better wedding photographer than Luke Pickerill at Pickerill Creative. Trust me, I am VERY picky about pictures and felt that photography was the most important financial investment of the entire wedding…and I couldn't be happier with my decision to hire Pickerill Creative. Luke photographed our engagement session, bridal session, and wedding and did so many little things to make us feel special along the way.

First, he drove down to San Diego from Los Angeles (free of charge) so we could do our engagement shoot where my husband and I went to college. The photos were amazing and we used one of them for our save-the-dates, which Pickerill Creative custom designed and made for us! He also gave us a few "Brag Books," which are little accordion-like picture books to show friends and family our engagement photos. We also had our guestbook made from engagement pictures so that guests could look through the album as they signed it at the wedding - a great idea, and the quality of the book was superb. Luke even gave us a giant portrait from our engagement to display at the wedding, and it's now a beautiful work of art in our home.

Included in Pickerill Creative's amazing package was a bridal session as well, which is basically a glamour shoot for the bride only. I was a little nervous at first to be photographed by myself, but Luke made me feel so comfortable right away with constant positive feedback and affirmation. The photos were beautiful, and I was able to pick and share my favorites through an easy website. And, he never posted any pictures to his blog or Facebook unless they were my favorites. If you love to post or print your own photos, I would definitely recommend getting the CD of images, as Luke gives you complete copyright privileges along with it.

Another great thing about working with Pickerill Creative was communication. Luke always responded to my emails and was truly a JOY to work with. On the day of the wedding, he and his team really went above and beyond to capture each moment without being obtrusive or pushy. He is artistic, easygoing, creative, generous, hardworking, and dedicated to giving his clients the BEST. He really listened to me and THAT is a rarity. The turnaround was super fast and the photos are absolutely breathtaking. We truly couldn't be happier with our wedding photos and with our overall photography experience. We didn't know Luke before we hired him, and now I will never hire another photographer other than Pickerill Creative. Thank you for the precious memories that will last a lifetime thanks to you! -Lisa Leyda Petersen (lmleyda@gmail.com)

Sent on 08/09/2012

Dessire · Married on 06/23/2012

Pickerill Creative truly made our wedding experience unforgettable. Luke is an artist who is truly passionate about his work and is dedicated to capturing all the special moments of your wedding day. He is extremely professional, experienced, and talented. Luke took our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos. He made us feel very comfortable right from the beginning of working together with him. He has great energy and is very enthusiastic in his approach when taking pictures. He also has a very professional and equally talented team working behind him. We received our wedding album in a very timely manner. The quality of the album and pics were truly amazing. Stunning. Please consider Pickerill Creative when looking for an event photographer. You will not be disappointed. He and his team will capture all of the special moments of your beautiful day.

Sent on 08/30/2012

Carissa · Married on 05/27/2012

Pickerill Creative was amazing! Martinique was our Day of Coordinator and was one of the best investments for the wedding. She was warm, friendly yet professional and on top of everything. I know I was able to truly enjoy my special day because I knew she was in charge and would make sure everything went smoothly. We also ordered our video from Pickerill Creative, which was another great decision. I initially didn't want to spend the money on a video, but when I saw the amazing work Luke did, I was relieved we got it anyway! It was beautiful, personal, and tastefully done. Such a great way to remember our day, since it flew by so fast! I can't say thank you enough to Pickerill Creative for your OUTSTANDING work and service!

Sent on 08/29/2012

Evan · Married on 03/03/2012

Luke is first and foremost an artist. When we were seeking a wedding photographer for our wedding, we wanted someone who was a cut above the rest in terms of imagination, lighting, composition, and style. Simply put, we wanted our photos to look AMAZING. If you're going to spend a ton of money on a wedding, why would you want anything less?

After one look at Luke's portfolio, I knew that we had to have him. What I didn't know, and couldn't know at the time, was how amazing a person he is. Friendly, warm, kind, and generous with his time, Luke is everything you could ever ask for in a photographer and as a person. He met with us constantly and made sure that he completely understood what we wanted for our wedding and our wedding photos. He truly cared and spent a lot of time getting to know us.

On the day of our wedding, Luke was completely in charge. He allowed my wife and I to relax and enjoy the day stress-free with all of our guests. Luke told everyone where they needed to go and made sure everyone felt like a star when they were in front of the camera. It may sound a bit weird to say "felt like a star", but once you are in front of his camera, you will understand. Luke excels at communication with his subjects and knows exactly what to say to get the best out of them.

This is just our experience BEFORE we actually saw his photos. When he delivered, my wife and I were literally floored by what he had produced. Every detail of the ceremony and reception was captured perfectly and we re-lived every amazing moment through his photos. We will treasure these photos for our entire lives and we know that they will far outlive even ourselves. Luke also coordinated video services for our wedding which also looks fantastic. His crew was completely professional and a joy to have throughout the day.

In short, if you need a photographer, you cannot do better than Luke. If you are reading this review, do not know Luke, and you are unsure about trusting an online review, please contact me (evanbelfi@hotmail.com). I'd love to speak with you by phone, show you what he did for us, and do everything I can to convince you that you should hire him. Yes, that's how good a job I think he did (and no, I didn't know him before the wedding and I do not benefit from recommending him). Thank you Luke. Because of you, our wedding day will truly live forever.

Evan Belfi
    (evanbelfi@hotmail.com)

Sent on 04/05/2012

Hannah · Married on 10/07/2011

My husband and I were extremely lucky to have the opportunity for Luke and his team to shoot our Engagement Session and Wedding. Luke was amazing, as well as his team of photographers. Everything was very professional, however it was also fun and enjoyable. Luke himself is very personable and we felt like we had known him for a long time. Luke has a wonderful way of making people feel comfortable and beautiful in front of the camera. This was very important, because I myself have always been camera shy. We are more than pleased with the results of our engagement session and wedding, and feel very fortunate to have had someone so talented, and "out of the box", take pictures of our most special day. We now have amazing images that captured our most special day that we will be able to share with family and friends for years to come. We cant begin to describe how fortunate we were to have found Luke. If you are looking for a photographer who is professional, personable, and has an abundance of talent, you couldn't choose a better photographer for any occasion.
    All the best,
    Hannah and Craig

Sent on 01/29/2012

Vanessa · Married on 09/10/2011

His work is amazing and truly the best I've seen. He made our wedding day beyond special. We have never gotten so many compliments on our wedding pictures. It's the best investment we made in our wedding. Thanks Luke and team.

Sent on 12/24/2011

Luz Maria · Married on 05/14/2011

Luke is an amazing photographer and any couple would be lucky to have him as their wedding photographer. Both our Engagement pictures and wedding pictures turned out amazing. I love showing them off. I even keep a link to all the pictures online saved on my phone so that I can show family and friends our pictures when away from home.

What I loved about Luke:
    * Luke was extremely professional.
    * He scouted our picture locations before our event to become familiar with the landscape
    * Prices are reasonable - and worth every penny
    * The Engagement pictures were a great opportunity for us to get comfortable with being in front of the camera. Luke used this time to give us tips on how to pose for our best angles.

The outcome was amazing. I love our wedding pictures. Some look like they could be a cover to a magazine.

Sent on 12/23/2011

Chris · Married on 03/25/2011

Pickerill Photography did an exceptional job at our wedding and the results could not have been better. Everyone is still talking about all our pictures and how great the photographer was.
    Luke met with us and helped coordinate everything to ensure the day came off without a hitch, and it turned out perfect. He responded quickly to our questions and continued surprising us with new and exciting ideas. Luke has an unbelievable ability to bring out your emotions through his pictures. We will be looking at these for the rest of our lives, and, when I look at our pictures today, I feel the same feelings I did on my wedding day.
    If you want someone actively involved in photographing you and bringing out your best, then Pickerill Photography is definitely the best choice.

Sent on 12/31/2011

Alexis · Married on 09/04/2010

Luke and his staff were WONDERFUL at our wedding, and all pre-wedding events. The photos came out so beautiful, our wedding book and other photos were stunning. Aside from great artistic vision, and unique photo ideas, We ended up with a mix of traditional elegant and modern pics. Luke was so great to work with, that he became part of wedding experience, not just someone taking pictures. Basically, we love love love him, would hire him again in a heartbeat, and would recommend him highly to anyone!

Sent on 01/17/2012

Jensen · Married on 07/10/2010

Luke is not only an incredibly talented photographer, he is fantastic to work with! He made my then fiance and I so comfortable during our engagement shoot, and taught us everything we needed to know for our wedding day pictures to run smoothly. He has an amazing eye for beauty and every single picture he took was breathtaking! Our wedding album captures the emotion behind every moment during the ceremony and reception perfectly! His style is elegant and timeless, and I am constantly being asked by everyone who sees our photos who our amazing photographer was. I highly recommend Luke Pickeril because he simply is the best!

Sent on 04/07/2011

Brittain · Married on 07/10/2010

Pickerill is the most professional group of people. The capture every moment with exquisite taste and beautiful skill. I would never recommend anyone other than Luke and his team.

Sent on 07/17/2012

John · Married on 05/22/2010

Luke went out of his way to provide us with excellent wedding photographes. He made it a point to scout our location before the rehearsal, and be at our rehearsal to give himself an idea of how he wanted to shoot the ceremony. The focus was entirely on quality shots and awesome photography. The pictures you get with Luke are outstanding, breathtaking. And the album he makes for you is amazing, nothing like it I have ever seen. Just flawless, and you really appreciate his skills with the camera when you see the pictures blown up and the attention to detail he has not just with his picture taking, but with his album layouts as well. The man must be constantly thinking/making split second decisions with the focus of his camera and his positioning to capture your wedding the way you would want to it be shot. I can't say enough positive things to convince you, you need to get his services. This is the best wedding decision you'll ever make.

Sent on 08/20/2010

MARTHINUS · Married on 04/30/2010

Working with Luke was one of the best decisions we made for our big day!

Your wedding pictures are one of the few things that you will take with you from that day as well as conveniently share with others that you will meet in life. Luke uses his artistry and talented eye and captures everything that is special about your wedding day... all the moments that you want to remember forever.

At our engagement photo session he was teaching us all the tricks to taking a good picture to prepare us for the wedding day. He even climbed up a mountain with all his gear to take shots of us at the site where I proposed to my wife. What a trooper! My wife is shy in taking pictures and posing, but he found creative ways to make her comfortable.

It was such a pleasure to have worked with him and I am certain that I will always recommend his services.

p.s. His photobooth is BY FAR the best idea and quality!!!

Sent on 10/27/2010

Mickey · event on 04/18/2010

Although my event wasn't a Bar Mitzvah (it was a coming-of-age celebration), that selection was the closest I could find.

Luke was invisible the entire time, yet he was everywhere! He captured all the emotional moments that night—kids laughing, parents crying, many moments I didn't realize had happened. His shots were beautiful, diverse, and stunning. Forever they will tell the story of a pivotal moment my son's life.

Thanks, Luke.

Sent on 12/16/2011

Rachel · Married on 03/27/2010

Luke is incredible! Our wedding album is one of my most treasured possessions. Luke and his team exceeded my expectations in every way. Not only is he a great photographer but he really made me feel at ease in front of the camera. The way he worked with us and posed us was remarkable, I did not know I could look so beautiful. If you are getting married I STRONGLY recommend you give Luke a call!

Sent on 09/22/2010

Brittany · Married on 08/08/2009

Luke and his team exceeded our expectations. By the end of the day we forgot they we're our photographers, they seemed like members of the family. We love our images and the album makes me laugh and smile. I love to show it off to all my girlfriends. Everyday when I come home and look at the canvas on our wall and it brings joy to my heart.

-Britt & John

Sent on 08/19/2010

Jannette · Married on 06/13/2009

Luke is an amazing photographer and his team was so professional. They way he captured the essence of each persons personality was amazing. Brent and I love our images. After the album, the Engagement Book is still one of the highlights for us. It was so creative and still makes me giggle whenever I look at it. I would absolutely recommend you call Luke immediately.

Sent on 08/20/2010
  • Harout

Harout · Married on 10/08/2010

The level of service and creativity was extraordinair. I would strongly recommend Pickerill's services to anyone who needs event photography or videography.

Sent on 12/15/2011