85 Reviews for Pianist for Parties

Piano (1)
Ceremony (1)
Learn New Songs (1)
66 Pianist for Parties Reviews

Great music for our big day!

Profile Picture Calsey, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

She was so accommodating and came early to make sure she was there for the first guest that arrived at the reception! Not only accommodating but a beautiful piano player and very very sweet! Thank you so much for making our cocktail hour perfect

Profile Picture Michele, 8/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Sharon was an absolute joy to work with on our wedding day! She was incredibly accommodating to our schedules & met with us on nights and weekends to iron out our song choices. She has a huge repertoire of songs she's able to play, so she was able to suggest songs and learn new ones that we wanted to incorporate. The rehearsal and wedding day were chaos trying to get everything in order and I knew the one thing I didn't need to worry about was Sharon - she was prompt, professional, and very flexible. She did a superb job and I definitely recommend her. Thank you Sharon!

Profile Picture Hannah, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Sharon was wonderful to work with! We had a small wedding at Como and her lovely piano music added so much to our day. We had the opportunity to meet with her beforehand to pick out music and hear some selections, and she had wonderful ideas for which pieces would work well together. She was easy to be in contact with before the wedding to double check on the selected pieces and where and when she should set up and play. I would highly recommend Sharon's piano playing at any event!

Profile Picture Anne, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Sharon came highly recommended by our Venue.
We had several others we wanted to use, but unfortunately they were all busy - BUT fortunately for us, I think she was a better choice after all. Very professional, showed up and did her thing. Sounded wonderful. Kelly and her discussed via email and phone because the bride was out of state, but knew what she wanted and Sharon was able to accommodate her.

Profile Picture H, 2/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music

We engaged Sharon for two events --- a corporate cocktail reception and a retirement party. In each case she was extremely responsive and helpful in planning our events. She knew each of the venues we used and was extra considerate of providing specific and appropriate music selections. She is a very accomplished pianist.

Profile Picture Eileen, 1/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

We can't recommend Sharon highly enough! We planned our wedding on relatively short notice and were so lucky that she was available. Not only was it a great experience to work with Sharon on the front end, but her performance at our wedding was amazing. We wanted a vocalist and she suggested her colleague Mary Pat Nydahl, she was a perfect choice! And just a note to all prospective brides and grooms, while Sharon and Mary Pat were definitely the consummate professionals, we also have to say, they were just a pleasure to work with because your wedding really is supposed to be special and fun and they definitely fit the bill!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

It was a pleasure to work with Sharon. We booked her play our ceremony and cocktail hour music for our wedding at Semple Mansion. We had a good idea of the music we wanted and she was very willing to work off our requested list. She also got some new sheet music to learn a song she previously did not know. I felt her prices were fair, her communication was prompt, and her service was highly professional. After showing initial interest, she was very helpful and sent us some of her music to listen to and gave suggestions for popular music during our event. We also met with her in person to plan out the song selections and we got to hear her play the songs, which was an added bonus. We didn't have a traditional/religious ceremony and most of the music was customized to exactly what we wanted! The piano music was beautiful and I would recommend Sharon for anyone looking to add a pianist to their special event!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/14/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Sharon played the piano for our daughter's wedding reception. A friend recommended Sharon and she did not disappoint. She had an amazing repertoire, yet was very flexible in adding many of my requests. She totally understood that we were looking for jazzy, romantic background music. My guests really enjoyed Sharon's performance. My regret is that I was so busy hosting the event, that I hardly had time to listen to Sharon.

Profile Picture linda, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Pianist for Parties was a wonderful choice for us. Not only did we get beautiful ceremony piano music from Sharon but Sharon helped us find a wonderful vocalist in Mary Pat. Both Sharon and Mary Pat went out of their way to make our wedding perfect. Sharon went the extra mile to learn new music for our wedding and even took time out of her schedule to make it to our rehearsal. By being at our rehearsal she was able to meet the officiant and wedding coordinator so that everyone was on the same page the day of our wedding. I would highly, highly recommend both Sharon and Mary Pat, they were amazing!

Profile Picture User6005207, 1+ year ago, 12 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sharon Planer was wonderful! She was very accommodating, very easy to work with, and provided beautiful music for our big day!

Profile Picture User7188980, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Sharon Planer was wonderfully tuned into our wedding music wishes. She provided a music CD ahead of time to get a feel for her repertoire and talent. Her professionalism and musical gifts were enjoyed by all at our wedding reception! Thanks, Sharon!

Profile Picture Sandra, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Sharon did a great job. She met with me prior to go over the options for our ceremony music and sampled the song choices for me right then. She helped me pick all of the key songs to go along with my ceremony.

Profile Picture Kathy, 7/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I came across Sharon after Googling a pianist for my wedding ceremony. After my initial contact with her I was so impressed that I couldn't wait to work with her. When I finally went to read the reviews and saw she was one of the top rated pianists in the city, I was even more excited about my decision.
Sharon provided constant, prompt and thorough communication throughout the entire wedding planning process. She was one of the most thorough and organized vendors that I worked with on our wedding day. We felt it was an incredible value, her piano playing was beautiful and made the day exactly what I had dreamed. We had her join us for our rehearsal the night prior and that was a huge help for the entire wedding planning, so I would recommend you spend the extra to have her there.
This is a truly great value to have natural, flowing, live music. Your guests will appreciate it and you will be grateful for the memory when you walk down the aisle.

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

FANTASTIC! Sharon was easily one of the best vendor's we hired for our wedding. She went above and beyond to ensure our ceremony music was perfect. Sharon visited our venue ahead of time, pro-actively reached out to several of our other vendors, and set up a meeting with our violinist to practice ahead of time. Sharon provided great feedback during our rehearsal practice, arrived early the day of, and played the piano to perfection. Sharon even sent us a personalized thank-you note after our wedding.

We had great feedback from guests on our ceremony music. Sharon's pricing is very reasonable. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Meghan, 6/20/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We used Sharon as a pianist for our ceremony and our cocktail hour because she was recommended to us by the St.Paul Hotel. She was wonderful, very professional and was able to play a wide variety of music. She customized the music for our ceremony. Overall, she was very easy to work with and I would definitely recommend her to others.

Profile Picture Robin, 6/13/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sharon was such a pleasure to work with! Her responsiveness and professionalism was the best of all the vendors we worked with! She is extremely helpful and a beautiful pianist. She recommended music for our ceremony and also ran our rehearsal due to not having our officiant there. She made several other suggestions to help everything run smoothly and we were extremely happy with her. I recommend hiring Sharon for your wedding! You won't regret it!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/11/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sharon was a joy to work with. We were looking for a musician that could add sophisticated ambiance to our Summit Manor wedding. Sharon did a beautiful job playing throughout cocktail hour, dinner and through our reception. Many guests said they loved the music. It was the perfect backdrop for our special day. Sharon is a lovely person and very easy to work with. We highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Mel & Jim, 3/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Sharon was so wonderful to work with. She's very fast to respond, thorough, and asks great questions. She is so knowledgeable in her field and offered great suggestions on what pieces to include, and what pieces sound well to be played back to back. Her skill even made me tear up during our rehearsal! I also received nothing but wonderful compliments from our guests about her piano playing during the social hour. I would recommend Sharon to anyone!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Sharon did a wonderful professional job of providing music for our wedding. Sharon along with a quartet provided music for the wedding service which was over the top. Sharon also provided music for cocktails and during dinner. We left the selection of music up to her and it was grand. Sharon is a real pro and we would highly recommend her services.......you will not be sorry you hired her!

Profile Picture Lloyd, 9/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sharon responded to our request within a few hours. She was courtious, friendly, and professional. She followed up multiple times before our event to ensure we had everything we needed.
Unfortunately Sharon and I didnt meet in person, I had many compliments from guests on her performance and the ambiance she provided.
I would cetainly recommend Sharon for any event based on our experience.

Profile Picture User4457381, 2+ years ago, 1 Review

Sharon,
We want to say THANK YOU!!!!!!! You and Mary Pat Nydahl did an amazing job, and the music and singing were beautiful together. We had many people comment that the music and singing brought tears to their eyes……joyful tears of course. The song Oceans was perfect for the sand pouring along with the other songs for the ceremony. We also appreciated all your help and input before the wedding and during the rehearsal. There are many things to think about and you helped bring those items to our attention and made sure everything was taken care of. It was a pleasure working with you and Mary Pat. Both of you helped make this a very special day for everyone to remember. Thanks again.

Profile Picture User4177092, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Sharon was absolutely wonderful to work with. She is a talented musician and seems to be able to learn any song you request :) Her client service is spectacular. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Sharon was such a pleasure to work with for our wedding! Right from the beginning she was very quick to respond to my emails. We had a special song request for our entrance song at our reception and she was more than happy to accommodate us. She did a beautiful job of adding a special touch to our brunch reception, and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 2/8/14, 1 Review