Pianist for Parties Reviews

95 | Golden Valley , MN

95 Reviews for Pianist for Parties

Samantha G. · Married on 06/19/2020

Our “Perfect Wedding” saver.

I was not a fan of recordings playing during our ceremony and really wanted a pianist to play specific songs during the entirety of it. Sharon was so wonderful to work with. We already had two potential pianists cancel on us before we were given Sharons name and contact info. Our wedding was in June of 2020 and she was still willing to work with us. She took the time to learn the specific songs I wanted and she played them beautifully and perfectly. She correlated with myself, the sound guy, and my officiant to make everything flow smoothly. She provided the best service and she played a huge role in making my ceremony everything I wanted. Very happy bride. Thank you Sharon.

Sent on 08/20/2020

Pianist for Parties's reply:

Dear Samantha, It makes me happy that you were pleased with my music! Thank you for your lovely review. In spite of the challenges you faced with having a wedding in the middle of a pandemic, you followed the ever changing guidelines and the result was a beautiful church wedding! I appreciated the wonderful sheet music that you provided to me. You were so organized! The songs were beautiful. I loved learning them. I wish you and your family a wonderful future together!

Denise M. · Married on 03/20/2020

Great to work with

Excellent Pianist. Very flexible with all the changes in dates etc. that having a wedding in 2020 entailed. The background music was wonderful and made the backyard wedding special.

Sent on 07/13/2020

Pianist for Parties's reply:

Denise, It made me happy that the wedding couple was able to have a special wedding even with the many changes they had to endure. Thank you for providing me with the perfect location to provide music for the couple and their guests. I wish them much happiness!

Marty H. · Married on 11/01/2019

Sharon Planer

We were very blessed to have Sharon play at our wedding. She not only was wonderful at playing our wedding ceremony and reception but her attention to detail actually helped us plan our timeline for the entire event. We can’t praise her enough and I would highly recommend her.

Marty

Sent on 12/15/2019

Pianist for Parties's reply:

Marty, You and your bride were a joy to get to know. Your ceremony and reception was so beautiful and very intimate. I enjoyed playing music throughout your entire celebration. Thank you for including my music in your special day! I wish the two of you a blessed future together.
  • Whitney

Whitney P. · Married on 10/26/2019

An Excellent Choice

We first heard Sharon play at Grand View Lodge's spring wedding fair. She played wonderfully, and knew she would be a great addition to our cocktail hour with the grand piano! She was so very easy to work with, very accommodating, responsive, and overall so nice. Sharon truly cares about her clients. Her communication was great, the price was so reasonable, and you can really tell she thoroughly enjoys what she does. I would highly recommend her to anyone for their wedding, or other event where she has the ability to play her wonderful music.

Sent on 11/25/2019

Pianist for Parties's reply:

Whitney, thank you for your kind words. It makes me happy to know that you were pleased with my music. I enjoyed meeting you at the wedding fair and interacting with you during the planning process. It was fun creating a celebratory musical atmosphere for you and your guests on your wonderful Wedding Day! I wish both of you much happiness!

Justy C. · Married on 10/19/2019

Sharon helped make our dream ceremony come true!

Sharon was so wonderful to work with, from our first meeting to the day of the wedding. I had a song I really wanted to walk down the aisle to, and not only was she more than willing to make it happen, she found and adjusted the exact arrangement I loved so much. It made it exceptionally harder not to cry when it came time to walk down the aisle, and it was so special to us. Before and after the ceremony were wonderful as well. We can not recommend Sharon enough!

Sent on 12/13/2019

Pianist for Parties's reply:

Justy, I loved the song arrangement you introduced me to for your Wedding Processionals. It made me happy to be able to perform a song that was so special to both of you! I enjoyed getting to know both of you and having a part in your wonderful wedding day!
  • Christina

Christina L. · Married on 06/22/2019

The best!

Sharon was such a dream to work with. She was kind, patient, in constant communication with us and was such a great addition to our wedding.

Sent on 07/10/2019

Pianist for Parties's reply:

Christina, Your wedding was beautiful and I felt honored to be your pianist! I appreciated your willingness to communicate with me throughout your wedding music planning process and to be able to work with your event planner. With people coming from out of the country, you had a lot of planning to do and you pulled it off wonderfully! I wish the two of you a wonderful life together!

Nicole · Married on 04/26/2019

Highly recommend!

Sharon was so easy to work with. She was very timely in her responses and gave us all the information we needed to make song decisions. She met with me a few weeks before the wedding to see the reception space, piano, and go over day-of-wedding details. She is extremely talented. Our guests raved about her. We couldn't recommend her more for your next event!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Hannah · Married on 11/17/2018

Very professional, great to work with

Sharon was very professional, flexible, and really added an extra special touch to our wedding day. I can't tell you how many of our guests commented on the piano music for our ceremony. Everyone loved it! Prior to the wedding, we were able to meet and review different pieces we wanted played. It was really helpful to review the plan and what type of music we wanted. She was also really helpful at reminding us when we had to make decisions and also guided us in the right direction when we weren't sure what to do. We would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Pianist for Parties's reply:

Hannah, You put a lot of thought into your wedding and music planning. I appreciated that you met with me in person to communicate your thoughts and review music selections. On the day of your wedding I knew exactly what to do! I loved playing for your wedding ceremony and cocktail time. I wish the two of you a wonderful future together!

Peyton M. · Married on 10/05/2018

So pleased!

We loved having Sharon play for our ceremony and cocktail hour! She went out of her way to learn a special song for us and it made the experience so unique and unforgettable! We highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Pianist for Parties's reply:

Peyton, I am happy that you were pleased with my music! I enjoyed your music selections. It was fun learning your new song. It seemed perfect for the atmosphere you wanted to create. I wish you both much happiness!

Calsey · Married on 05/12/2018

Great music for our big day!

Sent on 06/02/2018

Jennifer · Married on 02/23/2018

We highly recommend Sharon. She is beautifully talented and very professional. We and all or our guests very much enjoyed her music at our ceremony as well as during our cocktail and dinner receptions. Thank you Sharon!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Michele · Married on 08/11/2017

She was so accommodating and came early to make sure she was there for the first guest that arrived at the reception! Not only accommodating but a beautiful piano player and very very sweet! Thank you so much for making our cocktail hour perfect

Sent on 08/14/2017

Pianist for Parties's reply:

Michele, I loved helping create a celebratory musical atmosphere to your event! I sensed much joy and happiness among you and your guests. It was an honor to be your pianist!

Hannah · Married on 07/07/2017

Sharon was an absolute joy to work with on our wedding day! She was incredibly accommodating to our schedules & met with us on nights and weekends to iron out our song choices. She has a huge repertoire of songs she's able to play, so she was able to suggest songs and learn new ones that we wanted to incorporate. The rehearsal and wedding day were chaos trying to get everything in order and I knew the one thing I didn't need to worry about was Sharon - she was prompt, professional, and very flexible. She did a superb job and I definitely recommend her. Thank you Sharon!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Pianist for Parties's reply:

Hannah, It was a delight to be your pianist! I am so glad that you were pleased with my music. I loved how you personalized the music to reflect your wedding vision. The new music that you introduced me to was fun to learn. I especially enjoyed accompanying your lovely vocalist! I wish you and your spouse a wonderful life together!

Christina · Married on 06/23/2017

It was an absolute honor and privilege to work with Sharon—she's simply the best! Sharon is incredibly kind, thoughtful, detail-oriented, organized, and amazingly talented. From our first contact right up to our wedding day, Sharon was so easy to work with. She's so thoughtful and detailed that she will think of things that you as the bride didn't even think of :) I was nervous about a few of my other vendors following through, but I never once worried about Sharon. As if all this isn't enough, Sharon even learned new music for our ceremony. Thank you, Sharon, for making our ceremony amazing! It meant so much to hear these special songs played on our wedding day.

Sent on 07/05/2017

Pianist for Parties's reply:

Dear Christina, I was so happy when I met with the two of you and learned how very special the music was to both of you. Thank you for introducing me to some new and beautiful music! Your Ring Warming was also new to me and the song you selected seem absolutely perfect. I loved being your wedding pianist and touching your hearts and the hearts of your guests with the lovely music that you selected! May your journey together be filled with 'Melodies of Life' and love!

Anne · Married on 04/29/2017

Sharon was wonderful to work with! We had a small wedding at Como and her lovely piano music added so much to our day. We had the opportunity to meet with her beforehand to pick out music and hear some selections, and she had wonderful ideas for which pieces would work well together. She was easy to be in contact with before the wedding to double check on the selected pieces and where and when she should set up and play. I would highly recommend Sharon's piano playing at any event!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Pianist for Parties's reply:

Anne, Your intimate wedding in the North Garden seemed magical! Your request to have me play 'The Swan' as you gracefully made your way through the tropical garden to the front seemed to be in harmony with sacred and lush setting of garden. May your relationship together grow like a beautiful garden!

H · Married on 02/25/2017

Sharon came highly recommended by our Venue.
    We had several others we wanted to use, but unfortunately they were all busy - BUT fortunately for us, I think she was a better choice after all. Very professional, showed up and did her thing. Sounded wonderful. Kelly and her discussed via email and phone because the bride was out of state, but knew what she wanted and Sharon was able to accommodate her.

Sent on 03/03/2017

Eileen · Married on 01/05/2017

We engaged Sharon for two events --- a corporate cocktail reception and a retirement party. In each case she was extremely responsive and helpful in planning our events. She knew each of the venues we used and was extra considerate of providing specific and appropriate music selections. She is a very accomplished pianist.

Sent on 01/27/2017

Randall · event on: 12/04/2016

We were very satisfied with the service provided by Sharon Planer, pianist at our party. She was professional, yet flexible when dealing with people at our function. She is a talented pianist and demonstrated an ability to play a variety of music. We recommend her and would definitely consider using her again.

Sent on 12/06/2016
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 10/22/2016

We can't recommend Sharon highly enough! We planned our wedding on relatively short notice and were so lucky that she was available. Not only was it a great experience to work with Sharon on the front end, but her performance at our wedding was amazing. We wanted a vocalist and she suggested her colleague Mary Pat Nydahl, she was a perfect choice! And just a note to all prospective brides and grooms, while Sharon and Mary Pat were definitely the consummate professionals, we also have to say, they were just a pleasure to work with because your wedding really is supposed to be special and fun and they definitely fit the bill!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Ashley · Married on 10/14/2016

It was a pleasure to work with Sharon. We booked her play our ceremony and cocktail hour music for our wedding at Semple Mansion. We had a good idea of the music we wanted and she was very willing to work off our requested list. She also got some new sheet music to learn a song she previously did not know. I felt her prices were fair, her communication was prompt, and her service was highly professional. After showing initial interest, she was very helpful and sent us some of her music to listen to and gave suggestions for popular music during our event. We also met with her in person to plan out the song selections and we got to hear her play the songs, which was an added bonus. We didn't have a traditional/religious ceremony and most of the music was customized to exactly what we wanted! The piano music was beautiful and I would recommend Sharon for anyone looking to add a pianist to their special event!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Anne · event on: 09/22/2016

Sharon is very talented and was able to provide a great variety of music for our event. She was also accommodating for requests from our guests.

Sent on 10/03/2016

Linda · Married on 08/27/2016

Sharon played the piano for our daughter's wedding reception. A friend recommended Sharon and she did not disappoint. She had an amazing repertoire, yet was very flexible in adding many of my requests. She totally understood that we were looking for jazzy, romantic background music. My guests really enjoyed Sharon's performance. My regret is that I was so busy hosting the event, that I hardly had time to listen to Sharon.

Sent on 12/14/2016

Kerry · Married on 08/26/2016

Pianist for Parties was a wonderful choice for us. Not only did we get beautiful ceremony piano music from Sharon but Sharon helped us find a wonderful vocalist in Mary Pat. Both Sharon and Mary Pat went out of their way to make our wedding perfect. Sharon went the extra mile to learn new music for our wedding and even took time out of her schedule to make it to our rehearsal. By being at our rehearsal she was able to meet the officiant and wedding coordinator so that everyone was on the same page the day of our wedding. I would highly, highly recommend both Sharon and Mary Pat, they were amazing!

Sent on 01/22/2017

Cyndee · event on: 08/19/2016

I feel very fortunate to have hired Sharon Planer to play the piano at my father's memorial service and would highly recommend her. She plays beautifully and is willing to work with her clients. Much of the music that was played at the service was left to her discretion and her choices were very appropriate and beautiful. She was great to work with - patient, flexible in working with the priest who would be presiding at the service and myself as we planned the memorial service. She was quick to respond to the emails we sent and informed us when she would be difficult to reach, Sharon was also willing to come in early to meet with my son before the service so he could practice the song he was singing and that she would be accompanying.

Sent on 08/25/2016

Pianist for Parties's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Cyndee. All the hard work and thoughtful planning on your part and that of your family really personalized your father's memorial service. I appreciated the direction that you and your priest gave me. Thank you for allowing me to honor your father with music.

Hailey · Married on 08/06/2016

Sharon Planer was wonderful! She was very accommodating, very easy to work with, and provided beautiful music for our big day!

Sent on 09/11/2016