Pianist for Parties Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

87 Pianist for Parties Reviews

Peyton Moore · Married on 10/05/2018

So pleased!

We loved having Sharon play for our ceremony and cocktail hour! She went out of her way to learn a special song for us and it made the experience so unique and unforgettable! We highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Pianist for Parties's reply:

Peyton, I am happy that you were pleased with my music! I enjoyed your music selections. It was fun learning your new song. It seemed perfect for the atmosphere you wanted to create. I wish you both much happiness!

Calsey · Married on 05/12/2018

Great music for our big day!

Michele · Married on 08/11/2017

She was so accommodating and came early to make sure she was there for the first guest that arrived at the reception! Not only accommodating but a beautiful piano player and very very sweet! Thank you so much for making our cocktail hour perfect

Sent on 08/14/2017

Pianist for Parties's reply:

Michele, I loved helping create a celebratory musical atmosphere to your event! I sensed much joy and happiness among you and your guests. It was an honor to be your pianist!

Hannah · Married on 07/07/2017

Sharon was an absolute joy to work with on our wedding day! She was incredibly accommodating to our schedules & met with us on nights and weekends to iron out our song choices. She has a huge repertoire of songs she's able to play, so she was able to suggest songs and learn new ones that we wanted to incorporate. The rehearsal and wedding day were chaos trying to get everything in order and I knew the one thing I didn't need to worry about was Sharon - she was prompt, professional, and very flexible. She did a superb job and I definitely recommend her. Thank you Sharon!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Pianist for Parties's reply:

Hannah, It was a delight to be your pianist! I am so glad that you were pleased with my music. I loved how you personalized the music to reflect your wedding vision. The new music that you introduced me to was fun to learn. I especially enjoyed accompanying your lovely vocalist! I wish you and your spouse a wonderful life together!

Christina · Married on 06/23/2017

It was an absolute honor and privilege to work with Sharon—she's simply the best! Sharon is incredibly kind, thoughtful, detail-oriented, organized, and amazingly talented. From our first contact right up to our wedding day, Sharon was so easy to work with. She's so thoughtful and detailed that she will think of things that you as the bride didn't even think of :) I was nervous about a few of my other vendors following through, but I never once worried about Sharon. As if all this isn't enough, Sharon even learned new music for our ceremony. Thank you, Sharon, for making our ceremony amazing! It meant so much to hear these special songs played on our wedding day.

Sent on 07/05/2017

Pianist for Parties's reply:

Dear Christina, I was so happy when I met with the two of you and learned how very special the music was to both of you. Thank you for introducing me to some new and beautiful music! Your Ring Warming was also new to me and the song you selected seem absolutely perfect. I loved being your wedding pianist and touching your hearts and the hearts of your guests with the lovely music that you selected! May your journey together be filled with 'Melodies of Life' and love!

Anne · Married on 04/29/2017

Sharon was wonderful to work with! We had a small wedding at Como and her lovely piano music added so much to our day. We had the opportunity to meet with her beforehand to pick out music and hear some selections, and she had wonderful ideas for which pieces would work well together. She was easy to be in contact with before the wedding to double check on the selected pieces and where and when she should set up and play. I would highly recommend Sharon's piano playing at any event!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Pianist for Parties's reply:

Anne, Your intimate wedding in the North Garden seemed magical! Your request to have me play 'The Swan' as you gracefully made your way through the tropical garden to the front seemed to be in harmony with sacred and lush setting of garden. May your relationship together grow like a beautiful garden!

H · Married on 02/25/2017

Sharon came highly recommended by our Venue.
    We had several others we wanted to use, but unfortunately they were all busy - BUT fortunately for us, I think she was a better choice after all. Very professional, showed up and did her thing. Sounded wonderful. Kelly and her discussed via email and phone because the bride was out of state, but knew what she wanted and Sharon was able to accommodate her.

Eileen · Married on 01/05/2017

We engaged Sharon for two events --- a corporate cocktail reception and a retirement party. In each case she was extremely responsive and helpful in planning our events. She knew each of the venues we used and was extra considerate of providing specific and appropriate music selections. She is a very accomplished pianist.

• Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 10/22/2016

We can't recommend Sharon highly enough! We planned our wedding on relatively short notice and were so lucky that she was available. Not only was it a great experience to work with Sharon on the front end, but her performance at our wedding was amazing. We wanted a vocalist and she suggested her colleague Mary Pat Nydahl, she was a perfect choice! And just a note to all prospective brides and grooms, while Sharon and Mary Pat were definitely the consummate professionals, we also have to say, they were just a pleasure to work with because your wedding really is supposed to be special and fun and they definitely fit the bill!

Ashley · Married on 10/14/2016

It was a pleasure to work with Sharon. We booked her play our ceremony and cocktail hour music for our wedding at Semple Mansion. We had a good idea of the music we wanted and she was very willing to work off our requested list. She also got some new sheet music to learn a song she previously did not know. I felt her prices were fair, her communication was prompt, and her service was highly professional. After showing initial interest, she was very helpful and sent us some of her music to listen to and gave suggestions for popular music during our event. We also met with her in person to plan out the song selections and we got to hear her play the songs, which was an added bonus. We didn't have a traditional/religious ceremony and most of the music was customized to exactly what we wanted! The piano music was beautiful and I would recommend Sharon for anyone looking to add a pianist to their special event!

linda · Married on 08/27/2016

Sharon played the piano for our daughter's wedding reception. A friend recommended Sharon and she did not disappoint. She had an amazing repertoire, yet was very flexible in adding many of my requests. She totally understood that we were looking for jazzy, romantic background music. My guests really enjoyed Sharon's performance. My regret is that I was so busy hosting the event, that I hardly had time to listen to Sharon.

Kerry · Married on 08/26/2016

Pianist for Parties was a wonderful choice for us. Not only did we get beautiful ceremony piano music from Sharon but Sharon helped us find a wonderful vocalist in Mary Pat. Both Sharon and Mary Pat went out of their way to make our wedding perfect. Sharon went the extra mile to learn new music for our wedding and even took time out of her schedule to make it to our rehearsal. By being at our rehearsal she was able to meet the officiant and wedding coordinator so that everyone was on the same page the day of our wedding. I would highly, highly recommend both Sharon and Mary Pat, they were amazing!

Hailey · Married on 08/06/2016

Sharon Planer was wonderful! She was very accommodating, very easy to work with, and provided beautiful music for our big day!

Sandra · Married on 07/30/2016

Sharon Planer was wonderfully tuned into our wedding music wishes. She provided a music CD ahead of time to get a feel for her repertoire and talent. Her professionalism and musical gifts were enjoyed by all at our wedding reception! Thanks, Sharon!

Kathy · Married on 07/25/2015

Sharon did a great job. She met with me prior to go over the options for our ceremony music and sampled the song choices for me right then. She helped me pick all of the key songs to go along with my ceremony.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Pianist for Parties's reply:

Kathy, Thank you for your kind words. I appreciated your guidance on the type of music you wanted me to play and that you took the time to meet with me in person. I enjoyed getting to you as well as playing for your wedding!

Sarah · Married on 06/27/2015

I came across Sharon after Googling a pianist for my wedding ceremony. After my initial contact with her I was so impressed that I couldn't wait to work with her. When I finally went to read the reviews and saw she was one of the top rated pianists in the city, I was even more excited about my decision.
    Sharon provided constant, prompt and thorough communication throughout the entire wedding planning process. She was one of the most thorough and organized vendors that I worked with on our wedding day. We felt it was an incredible value, her piano playing was beautiful and made the day exactly what I had dreamed. We had her join us for our rehearsal the night prior and that was a huge help for the entire wedding planning, so I would recommend you spend the extra to have her there.
    This is a truly great value to have natural, flowing, live music. Your guests will appreciate it and you will be grateful for the memory when you walk down the aisle.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Pianist for Parties's reply:

Sarah, I appreciate your thoughtful and kind review. Thank you! Planning a wedding from out-of-state is challenging. Your clear communication with me was extremely helpful. Your great song requests personalized the musical atmosphere of your ceremony to reflect you! I loved knowing that the music was so important to you. I wish both of you much happiness!

FANTASTIC! Sharon was easily one of the best vendor's we hired for our wedding. She went above and beyond to ensure our ceremony music was perfect. Sharon visited our venue ahead of time, pro-actively reached out to several of our other vendors, and set up a meeting with our violinist to practice ahead of time. Sharon provided great feedback during our rehearsal practice, arrived early the day of, and played the piano to perfection. Sharon even sent us a personalized thank-you note after our wedding.

We had great feedback from guests on our ceremony music. Sharon's pricing is very reasonable. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Pianist for Parties's reply:

I appreciate your kind words. Thank you! The two of you were such a sweet couple and a dream to work with...giving me song ideas and allowing me to recommend a violinist. I am so glad everything came together enabling you to have such a beautiful wedding ceremony! It was a delight to be your pianist. I wish the two of you much happiness!

Robin · Married on 06/13/2015

We used Sharon as a pianist for our ceremony and our cocktail hour because she was recommended to us by the St.Paul Hotel. She was wonderful, very professional and was able to play a wide variety of music. She customized the music for our ceremony. Overall, she was very easy to work with and I would definitely recommend her to others.

Sent on 07/05/2015

Pianist for Parties's reply:

I appreciate your kind words, Robin. I enjoyed getting to know you at our planning meeting and learning about the elegant atmosphere you wished to create with the music. Your request of 'Seasons of Love' from the musical 'Rent' was perfect for the Recessional. I wish both of you much happiness!

Amanda · Married on 04/11/2015

Sharon was such a pleasure to work with! Her responsiveness and professionalism was the best of all the vendors we worked with! She is extremely helpful and a beautiful pianist. She recommended music for our ceremony and also ran our rehearsal due to not having our officiant there. She made several other suggestions to help everything run smoothly and we were extremely happy with her. I recommend hiring Sharon for your wedding! You won't regret it!

Sent on 04/27/2015

Pianist for Parties's reply:

Thank you for your lovely review, Amanda. I enjoyed getting to know the two of you at our music planning meeting. You suggested some great music! It was such a pleasure sharing in your special day and having my music be part of it!

Mel & Jim · Married on 03/06/2015

Sharon was a joy to work with. We were looking for a musician that could add sophisticated ambiance to our Summit Manor wedding. Sharon did a beautiful job playing throughout cocktail hour, dinner and through our reception. Many guests said they loved the music. It was the perfect backdrop for our special day. Sharon is a lovely person and very easy to work with. We highly recommend her!

Lauren · Married on 09/27/2014

Sharon was so wonderful to work with. She's very fast to respond, thorough, and asks great questions. She is so knowledgeable in her field and offered great suggestions on what pieces to include, and what pieces sound well to be played back to back. Her skill even made me tear up during our rehearsal! I also received nothing but wonderful compliments from our guests about her piano playing during the social hour. I would recommend Sharon to anyone!

Lloyd · Married on 09/20/2014

Sharon did a wonderful professional job of providing music for our wedding. Sharon along with a quartet provided music for the wedding service which was over the top. Sharon also provided music for cocktails and during dinner. We left the selection of music up to her and it was grand. Sharon is a real pro and we would highly recommend her services.......you will not be sorry you hired her!

Sharon responded to our request within a few hours. She was courtious, friendly, and professional. She followed up multiple times before our event to ensure we had everything we needed.
    Unfortunately Sharon and I didnt meet in person, I had many compliments from guests on her performance and the ambiance she provided.
    I would cetainly recommend Sharon for any event based on our experience.

Sharon,
    We want to say THANK YOU!!!!!!! You and Mary Pat Nydahl did an amazing job, and the music and singing were beautiful together. We had many people comment that the music and singing brought tears to their eyes……joyful tears of course. The song Oceans was perfect for the sand pouring along with the other songs for the ceremony. We also appreciated all your help and input before the wedding and during the rehearsal. There are many things to think about and you helped bring those items to our attention and made sure everything was taken care of. It was a pleasure working with you and Mary Pat. Both of you helped make this a very special day for everyone to remember. Thanks again.