Photos by Ruthe Reviews

Photos by Ruthe 5
Photos by Ruthe 6
Photos by Ruthe 7

Megan · Married on 10/26/2013

What would I have done without Ruthe?!? Not only is she the most wonderful photographer, but she knows how to bring the fun out of a bride and keep her calm; which is exactly what she did for me on my wedding day. Along with our wedding photos, Ruthe took beautiful, fun engagement photos of my husband and I. Ruthe and her husband did a phenomenal job of photographing the wedding day! They captured so many moments that we love looking back on. The creativity and fun in her work is amazing. I cannot wait to have another life event for her to capture! She IS the best.

Sent on 12/05/2013

Eric · Married on 10/22/2013

Ruthie was awesome to work with. She really helped to make our wedding a very special day.

Sent on 06/29/2014

Megan · Married on 05/06/2011

We first worked with Ruthe 3 years ago at our wedding. We were thrilled with not only the photos but the amount of time and energy that Ruthe invested in our wedding day. We have traveled from Minnesota to Hilton Head Island two additional times with our growing family and always make a point to have Ruthe take family pictures. Ruthe has a way of making everyone feel so comfortable which translates into beautiful, natural pictures. I am so glad we met Ruthe 3 years ago and I am so excited to continue to work with her for many years to come.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Claire · Married on 09/01/2007

We had used a photographer for years in HHI for family summer vacation photos, and our photographer was unexpectedly unavailable. After many years of using the same person, we reached out to Ruthe last minute based on her excellent website and reviews. Ruthe met us at our rental vacation home and despite poor weather and needing to reschedule, we found a date and time and the pictures are fabulous! Ruthe captured not only the moment, but the personalities of all of those present. We are so pleased, and will use her for years to come. She was fabulous to work with!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Photos by Ruthe's reply:

Thank you Claire and family! Y'all were a delight to work with and I am so happy you love your photos!

Jeanne · event on: 07/19/2014

How wonderful Ruthe Ritterbeck was as she photohraphed our event. Pictures that will be timeless. She was patient as we talked and moved, willing to wait on us. Pictures are beautiful! Thank you Ruthe!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Kammy · event on: 07/24/2014

We had Ruthe take family pictures of us at the beach. She and her husband were very easy to work with and put everyone at ease. Even the teenagers walked away from the evening proclaiming it a fun time!

The photos were beautiful! I am kind of a tough customer when judging photos. I feel photos should reflect who people really are. The photos from that session were excellent and captured personalities of the participants. We had a wide variety of candids, as well as, posed shots to consider. I would count many of the pictures as classic photos to treasure for many years. In addition, the quality of the prints, themselves, was exceptional.

Sent on 10/02/2014
  • User5336222 · event on: 08/04/2015

Ruthe was fabulous. She has a great eye and set up some very nice shots. She was also flexible and took more shots that we requested.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Katie · Married on 06/02/2017

Ruthe was amazing!!! She went above and beyond to help me with the photos for the wedding, but other areas as well. She was so friendly and helpful. She made sure that the wedding and photography were on time, what we wanted, and fun! She worked with me on pricing and was very responsive to what we wanted. The photos were beautiful. I can't thank Ruthe enough! She was a blast, and loved having her for as our photographer!!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Photos by Ruthe's reply:

Thanks Katie, It was an honor to be there!!

Best wishes for a wonderful life!

Katherine · Married on 07/23/2016

Ruthe was great to work with. She was relaxed and calm the entire day. We were planning our wedding out of town but she was flexible in meeting with us during the times we were in HHI visiting. We had a big wedding party and big families with a lot of photo requests but Ruthe was able to capture the entire day in detail! We love our photos and would recommend Ruthe to any one looking for someone who is easy to work with, reliable and friendly!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Photos by Ruthe's reply:

Thanks Katherine! It was an honor to be your photographer and I am thrilled that you love your images!
    Best wishes for a wonderful life together!

Ashley · Married on 06/17/2015

Ruthe was wonderful to work with for our sunrise on the beach ceremony! She was prompt in responding to questions and concerns, and open to our ideas. The day after our ceremony, Ruthe sent us a good morning message with a couple of pictures of our wedding. Our online gallery was ready a week later. I can't wait to hang our pictures in our home!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Jennifer · Married on 08/29/2014

Who doesn't want to get married on the beach? When we chose Hilton Head Island, we never thought we would find our photographer before we had anything else lined up. Ruthe met with us during on of our trips down to the Island. She not only explained her services she also offered her recommendations on officiants, music, flowers, cakes, you name it. Unfortunately, our first venue choice did not work out, Ruthie came to the rescue with other venues who to contact. Thanks to Ruthe we found the perfect location. Ruthe and her husband are an amazing team, she listened to everything we wanted and was very flexible all night long. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone who wants a photographer who takes the time to get to know you and will 100% make sure you are satisfied with your entire experience.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Peggi · Married on 11/02/2013

Ruthe and her husband are fabulous and the pictures are beautiful. They made our daughter's engagement, bridal portrait and wedding photos . They are easy to work with, flexible, and take suggestions about special shots you request. The only regret is that I could not afford to purchase more of the beautiful photos.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Terri · event on: 07/08/2015

Ruthe and her assistant were fabulous. My family is not very cooperative at making pics and they just did a fantastic job with them. It was a little windy that day, but they just went with the flow. I was just so pleased with their personality of joining in with our family just like they were part of it.

I would definitely recommend them for anything and will use them again.

Sent on 08/11/2015