Photos by Ruthe Reviews

Photos by Ruthe 5
Photos by Ruthe 6
Photos by Ruthe 7

Jeanne · event on 07/19/2014

How wonderful Ruthe Ritterbeck was as she photohraphed our event. Pictures that will be timeless. She was patient as we talked and moved, willing to wait on us. Pictures are beautiful! Thank you Ruthe!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Jan · Married on 07/08/2014

What a wonderful experience to work with Ruthe! We communicated via email and met the day of our wedding on the beach. Her professionalism and personal style put us at ease. She had great ideas for perfect photo opps and was open to our suggestions as well. Our photos were online and ready for us to enjoy with family and friends within a week. I would highly recommend Ruthe!!

Sent on 07/22/2014
  • User4271969 · 2+ years ago

Considering we are from Central Ohio, trying long-distance to find a wedding photographer on Hilton Head Island who fit our style (and our budget) was stressful and a little overwhelming... right up until our minister put us in contact with Ruthe Ritterbeck. She was so friendly, prompt, and easy to work with, and as far as the quality of her pictures during our sunrise beach wedding (not every photographer can do justice to the "golden hour") -- we couldn't have asked for more! We would recommend her without hesitation. Thank you for sharing your professionalism and talent, Ruthe!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Nicolette · Married on 03/22/2014

Couldn't have asked for anything better- Ruthe was the best! I felt an immediate bond with Ruthe the first time I met her, I knew there was no other person out there to photograph my special day but Ruthe from the moment I met her. Not only did she photograph our wedding & reception but she gave me names of other vendors on the Island to use & she gave tips and pointers at the rehearsal- She put her heart & soul into everything! Her & her husband were a HUGE part in making our wedding wonderful. Words can not express how grateful we are! Thank you a million times Ruthe, you & your talent shine!

Sent on 04/02/2014

Megan · Married on 10/26/2013

What would I have done without Ruthe?!? Not only is she the most wonderful photographer, but she knows how to bring the fun out of a bride and keep her calm; which is exactly what she did for me on my wedding day. Along with our wedding photos, Ruthe took beautiful, fun engagement photos of my husband and I. Ruthe and her husband did a phenomenal job of photographing the wedding day! They captured so many moments that we love looking back on. The creativity and fun in her work is amazing. I cannot wait to have another life event for her to capture! She IS the best.

Sent on 12/05/2013

Eric · Married on 10/22/2013

Ruthie was awesome to work with. She really helped to make our wedding a very special day.

Sent on 06/29/2014

Megan · Married on 05/06/2011

We first worked with Ruthe 3 years ago at our wedding. We were thrilled with not only the photos but the amount of time and energy that Ruthe invested in our wedding day. We have traveled from Minnesota to Hilton Head Island two additional times with our growing family and always make a point to have Ruthe take family pictures. Ruthe has a way of making everyone feel so comfortable which translates into beautiful, natural pictures. I am so glad we met Ruthe 3 years ago and I am so excited to continue to work with her for many years to come.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Claire · Married on 09/01/2007

We had used a photographer for years in HHI for family summer vacation photos, and our photographer was unexpectedly unavailable. After many years of using the same person, we reached out to Ruthe last minute based on her excellent website and reviews. Ruthe met us at our rental vacation home and despite poor weather and needing to reschedule, we found a date and time and the pictures are fabulous! Ruthe captured not only the moment, but the personalities of all of those present. We are so pleased, and will use her for years to come. She was fabulous to work with!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Photos by Ruthe's reply:

Thank you Claire and family! Y'all were a delight to work with and I am so happy you love your photos!

Katie · Married on 06/02/2017

Ruthe was amazing!!! She went above and beyond to help me with the photos for the wedding, but other areas as well. She was so friendly and helpful. She made sure that the wedding and photography were on time, what we wanted, and fun! She worked with me on pricing and was very responsive to what we wanted. The photos were beautiful. I can't thank Ruthe enough! She was a blast, and loved having her for as our photographer!!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Photos by Ruthe's reply:

Thanks Katie, It was an honor to be there!!

Best wishes for a wonderful life!

Katherine · Married on 07/23/2016

Ruthe was great to work with. She was relaxed and calm the entire day. We were planning our wedding out of town but she was flexible in meeting with us during the times we were in HHI visiting. We had a big wedding party and big families with a lot of photo requests but Ruthe was able to capture the entire day in detail! We love our photos and would recommend Ruthe to any one looking for someone who is easy to work with, reliable and friendly!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Photos by Ruthe's reply:

Thanks Katherine! It was an honor to be your photographer and I am thrilled that you love your images!
    Best wishes for a wonderful life together!

Ashley · Married on 06/17/2015

Ruthe was wonderful to work with for our sunrise on the beach ceremony! She was prompt in responding to questions and concerns, and open to our ideas. The day after our ceremony, Ruthe sent us a good morning message with a couple of pictures of our wedding. Our online gallery was ready a week later. I can't wait to hang our pictures in our home!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Terri · event on 07/08/2015

Ruthe and her assistant were fabulous. My family is not very cooperative at making pics and they just did a fantastic job with them. It was a little windy that day, but they just went with the flow. I was just so pleased with their personality of joining in with our family just like they were part of it.

I would definitely recommend them for anything and will use them again.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Jennifer · Married on 08/29/2014

Who doesn't want to get married on the beach? When we chose Hilton Head Island, we never thought we would find our photographer before we had anything else lined up. Ruthe met with us during on of our trips down to the Island. She not only explained her services she also offered her recommendations on officiants, music, flowers, cakes, you name it. Unfortunately, our first venue choice did not work out, Ruthie came to the rescue with other venues who to contact. Thanks to Ruthe we found the perfect location. Ruthe and her husband are an amazing team, she listened to everything we wanted and was very flexible all night long. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone who wants a photographer who takes the time to get to know you and will 100% make sure you are satisfied with your entire experience.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Peggi · Married on 11/02/2013

Ruthe and her husband are fabulous and the pictures are beautiful. They made our daughter's engagement, bridal portrait and wedding photos . They are easy to work with, flexible, and take suggestions about special shots you request. The only regret is that I could not afford to purchase more of the beautiful photos.

Sent on 07/01/2014