Photos by Ruthe Reviews

Photos by Ruthe 5
Photos by Ruthe 6
Photos by Ruthe 7

Gail · Married on 08/20/2016

Ruthe has traveled to Indiana each of past six years to document a tribute to our son who was killed in a wedding bus accident. His dear friends host a golf outing in his name, raising money for a charity and allowing us to share stories and remembrances of Jim. Each time she has captured the silly, sad and joyful times with sensitivity and grace. Nothing deters her and rain, flying golf balls and brilliant, hot days all seem to give her an added stimulus to perfect her craft. The photographs are beautiful and continue to document Jim's legacy in the growth of his daughter and the steadfastness of his friends.

Sent on 09/07/2016

Kara · Married on 06/28/2016

Ruthe was fantastic! We had a destination wedding, so everything was done via phone and email. She had all kinds of great ideas for unique photos and she captured great moments. Ruthe stayed calm and professional even with some issues arising - she was great at keeping everyone ELSE calm! We love the photos that we got (very quick turnaround) and have gotten many compliments on our pics. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Shelly · Married on 06/27/2016

We had a destination wedding. Ruthe was not only helpful with our photography, but provided direction for our wedding planning. She has an extremely pleasant personality, adding to the warm and joy of our special day. And our pictures are fabulous. She captured the feeling and happiness of our day. I would highly recommend her services!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Photos by Ruthe's reply:

Thank you Shelly! I am so happy you love your photos! It was a beautiful wedding and I hope y'all are happy
    forever!!!

Apryl · Married on 05/24/2016

Working with Ruthe was absolutely wonderful! She was always very prompt when getting back to me with questions, her prices were so reasonable, and the day of the wedding she was incredibly laid back and helpful. Ruthe had all sorts of ideas to catch laughter and brilliant photos, and we just had a great time with her. We got our final pictures back within 2 weeks, and they were everything I hoped they would be and more! I can't say enough nice things about her, so if you are looking for a photographer in the Hilton Head area, you need to book with Ruthe!

Sent on 06/11/2016

Hey Apryl!
    Thank you so much for the great review on Wedding Wire, I LOVED being your photographer! Y'all are the best and I hope your life together is awesome!

Georgene · Married on 04/02/2016

While did a great job with all of the standard "staged" wedding shots, her candid shots is where she shined. They really captured the wedding day in a natural and not over staged way.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Ruthe is an exceptional photographer and was a pleasure to work with! I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 02/02/2016
  • User6120310 · 2+ years ago

Ruthe was so great to work with. Not only did she take incredible pictures, but she was so personable and professional that she blended right in. She and her husband were both great - and so easy to work with even after the wedding. I have emailed her several time after the wedding and she is always so quick to respond and very helpful. I highly recommend Ruthe!!!

Sent on 12/31/2015

Photos by Ruthe's reply:

Thank you!! I am so glad y'all are happy!

Ellen · Married on 09/12/2015

Ruthe is the best! She captured all the highlights from our special day and they were just perfect. It rained on our wedding day so many pictures I wanted to take I couldn't but that didn't matter she came up with great options for us. She has a very calming personality which was helpful for me because I was kind of nervous the big day. She made all of our family and bridal party feel very comfortable while taking pictures and during the reception she was so much fun and captured all the fun we really had. There are no words that can truly describe our experience with Ruthe! I would recommend her to all!!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Stacey · Married on 08/08/2015

Ruthie was awesome!! She was there every step of the way on my wedding day covering everything from helping me dress to modifying a flower issue we had. She even came back 2 days later to take a family picture that I wanted but ran out of time to take on the wedding day. Ruthie is wonderful!! Well worth every penny.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Stacey · Married on 08/08/2015

Ruthie was awesome!! She was my go to person the whole night. She was early to keep me on track and walk me through everything.
    She was there for me before, during and after the wedding. She always checks in and see what I need and what she can handle for me.
    A savor for a bride having a destination wedding.

Thank you so much Ruthie!!
    Everyone loved you and your pictures.

Thanks so much,
    Stacey

Sent on 08/18/2015
  • O

Olivia · Married on 08/04/2015

Ruthe was amazing. She helped us in so many ways, from getting my dress on, to driving me to the beach to meet my future husband! She is exciting, and the best photographer we have ever had! She creates quality photos that really capture such beautiful moments. If I could do it all again I would in a heart beat. If you know what is good for you, you will choose R2 Photography for your wedding and other awesome events that need an amazing photographer. She won't let you down, and she will most likely become a great friend of yours, like she has ours.

Sent on 08/23/2015

Abby · Married on 08/02/2015

Ruthe was so easy to work with and great with the kids and a large family. Couldn't have asked for more . . .

Sent on 08/18/2015

Photos by Ruthe's reply:

Thanks Sabby for the review, I really enjoyed meeting you and your family and being able to capture such a special evening for y'all!

Rita · Married on 06/13/2015

She is so lovely with an awesome personality.Beautiful pictures on our best day.Thank you so much

Sent on 06/26/2015

Sandy · Married on 06/06/2015

Ruthe is AWESOME!!! Very easy to work with, fun and a fabulous photographer. Appreciates input into what photos you would like taken before, during, after your ceremony and your reception. You will be so happy choosing Photos by Ruthe.

Sent on 06/28/2015

Kimberly · Married on 05/09/2015

Ruthe and her husband are amazing! Not only did she take amazing photos (from what she showed me that night they are amazing) but she helped calm me down the entire night. I was stressed when she first arrived and she helped with everything. Her and mike worked with us and took all the shots I wanted plus had awesome ideas for different shots. We also have a son and she was amazing with him, he didn't really want to take picture but she found a way to make him smile and worked so well with him and his mood. I was beyond pleased with my choice in hiring her and I absolutely adore her!!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Stacy · Married on 12/06/2014

RUTHE!! She is just the best photographer and she and her husband Mike are the coolest people ever. She is funny, understanding, and very genuine. I loved my experience with her, and her skill. We had our engagement pictures with her as well and I just knew that she was perfect for the job. She knew what we were looking for and captured real moments with real emotion. Her husband is funny too, cracking jokes whenever he could, they are an awesome pair and I love them both! At the actual wedding she was everywhere I needed her, she even helped a bridesmaid zip up her dress. I very highly recommend Ruthe & Mike Ritterbeck because they are just all around great people and excellent photographers.

Sent on 12/10/2014

Barbara · Married on 10/25/2014

As one would expect from a top-notch photographer like Ruthe, she captured my daughter's wedding day in hundreds of excellent photos. What surprised me, though, were all her "extras"! Right from the start, she listened carefully to our priorities and respected our budget. She planned and used to maximum advantage the timing/lighting of the church, outside scenes, and reception venue. Throughout the day she whispered timely helpful tips to the bride and groom, which enabled them to make the best use of every opportunity. Amidst the throng of friends and family taking pictures with their own devices Ruthe was diplomatic and kind, as she also was with our endless requests for posed shots of various family groupings. Most appreciated by this MoB (Mother of the Bride) were her patience and sense of humor! We ended up with a fabulous, thorough portfolio which brings out the best in everyone. Even the posed shots look natural because Ruthe managed to elicit relaxed, genuinely happy expressions from young and old alike. In retrospect, considering all the planning and hard work that went into this wedding and the sacrifices made by family and friends to attend, I would not have entrusted this job to anyone but Ruthe. We are elated and grateful to have such a beautiful, comprehensive collection of wedding memories that will bring joy to our hearts for years to come.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Stacy · Married on 10/10/2014

Carl & I were married in Hilton Head about one month ago and Ruthe was our photographer. We had a small wedding on the beach followed by a reception at a private, beachfront home. Ruthe took the time to meet with us about six months prior over coffee so we could chat about what we did and didn't want in a photographer. She listened to our wishes and executed perfectly. She got all the pictures we needed and was great interacting with our guests without being intrusive. Thanks to her creativity, we have so many fantastic pictures of our special day. We could have not been happier - thank you, Ruthe!

Sent on 11/01/2014

Jessica · Married on 09/19/2014

I can't say enough wonderful things about Ruthe!
    We had a rainy day and everything was chaotic because of the weather, but Ruthe rallied our group and kept everything moving along. Even as we were running out of the rain, Ruthe got some great action pics. She was super helpful with cute ideas for posed shots too.
    If you have big personalities like I do in my group, Ruthe is your girl! She rolled with the punches and even joked along with our hecklers!
    We felt really great about the competitiveness of the price of her services too.
    I love our wedding pictures and would use Ruthe all over again.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Alison · Married on 09/16/2014

It was a great pleasure to have Ruthe as the photographer for our wedding. Even in the early planning process, she always responded promptly to our inquiries and was always willing to provide detailed guidance and suggestions to work with us. On our wedding day, the weather unfortunately took a bad turn with pouring rain, which made the outdoor ceremony and photography challenging. Ruthe was flexible in changing plans, and with her familiar knowledge of the local area, she was able to suggest a new location where we could take advantage of a covered pavilion. Despite the rain,
    Ruthe shot amazing photos, leaving us a wonderful experience and special memories for a lifetime. We were impressed with her professionalism and enthusiasm. As I like to say to family and friends, Ruthe made a rainy day filled with rainbow! By the time the rain stopped, we were able to walk to the beach and captured the beautiful sunset in the background. Thanks to Ruths for catching the most significant moments for us, for the fun and for being so thoughtful!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Kimberlee · Married on 07/26/2014

If you are searching for photographers in the Hilton Head area; do yourself a favor & call Ruthe!
    She is truly an amazing, creative & talented photographer! Her first round of photos came in just a couple days after our wedding and we were all blown away. She did a fantastic job of capturing the beauty & emotions of people, the beauty of our setting and the color in every single shot.
    Ruthe & her husband were fantastic to work with - very respectful, timely and professional. We met with a couple photographers in the area before deciding on Ruthe; there was really no comparison between her & the others. For brides-to-be, she's got the personality you want on your wedding day - a kind, happy & easy going spirit. She did a great job of keeping people (and kids) smiling during photograph time & can ease the stress or nerves of any nervous bride. You just can't go wrong with her!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Nancy · Married on 07/26/2014

All I can say is awesome, magical! Ruthie and her husband worked in such a way that allowed everyone to feel at ease. They were able to not only capture the moment; but capture the emotion and feeling of each individual they photographed.

Thank you both for making a special day so memorable!

Sent on 08/08/2014

Jan · Married on 07/08/2014

What a wonderful experience to work with Ruthe! We communicated via email and met the day of our wedding on the beach. Her professionalism and personal style put us at ease. She had great ideas for perfect photo opps and was open to our suggestions as well. Our photos were online and ready for us to enjoy with family and friends within a week. I would highly recommend Ruthe!!

Sent on 07/22/2014
  • User4271969 · 2+ years ago

Considering we are from Central Ohio, trying long-distance to find a wedding photographer on Hilton Head Island who fit our style (and our budget) was stressful and a little overwhelming... right up until our minister put us in contact with Ruthe Ritterbeck. She was so friendly, prompt, and easy to work with, and as far as the quality of her pictures during our sunrise beach wedding (not every photographer can do justice to the "golden hour") -- we couldn't have asked for more! We would recommend her without hesitation. Thank you for sharing your professionalism and talent, Ruthe!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Nicolette · Married on 03/22/2014

Couldn't have asked for anything better- Ruthe was the best! I felt an immediate bond with Ruthe the first time I met her, I knew there was no other person out there to photograph my special day but Ruthe from the moment I met her. Not only did she photograph our wedding & reception but she gave me names of other vendors on the Island to use & she gave tips and pointers at the rehearsal- She put her heart & soul into everything! Her & her husband were a HUGE part in making our wedding wonderful. Words can not express how grateful we are! Thank you a million times Ruthe, you & your talent shine!

Sent on 04/02/2014