Photography by Larson Reviews

93 | Sarasota, FL

93 Reviews for Photography by Larson

Photography by Larson was no doubt my favorite vendor of my entire wedding. They are not only extremely affordable, they are so easy to work with. When they are taking pictures you forget that they are even there, and conduct what you do normally. They have a way of making photos come alive and they really are amazing. I could not ask for more. I'm so grateful they were my photographers. The second my friends started seeing their photos people were asking me all about Photography by Larson for their future photo needs. I am so impressed and I can't say enough about them. Thank you all so very much, you truly made my day amazing and I will be able to look back at your beautiful work and remember what an incredible day it was.

Sent on 05/20/2013

We can't thank say enough good things about the absolutely gorgeous wedding photos at a great value. Looking thru all of them and listening to the theme song of the Larson Photography website brought tears to my eyes. Verlyn and Kathleen captured every special moment and memory perfectly and we could not be happier with the results. Their personal touch and professionalism made our day so special and preserved those memories in such a beautiful way. We greatly appreciated their patience and tireless efforts to make the most of every minute they spent with us as we enjoyed such a gorgeous sunset on the beach at Siesta Key. Thanks Larson Photography - highly recommended!

Lori and Jeff - April 13, 2013

Sent on 04/29/2013
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 11/03/2012

Larson has never let me down. Verlyn and his wife do an amazing job together. As a bridesmaid and now a bride, I have no complaints. I absolutely love all the photos and enjoy their company. Thank you!

Sent on 11/12/2012

Brittnie · Married on 10/13/2012

Mr & Mrs Larson are the epitome of an amazing vendor!! I contacted them once at 8pm at night and they answered the phone and helped fix my issue! Who else would do that??! The value is amazing! I am SO happy with everything! Our engagement photos were beautiful and so were the wedding pictures. They are patient (we were running WAY late) and then trying to get the family groups together. They work well together as a team! The turn around time is fast!! They even gave me a sneak peek by sending 5 or 6 photos to my email the night of the wedding!!! I recommend Photography by Larson for any occasion!!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Jaclyn · Married on 05/12/2012

Photography by Larson is simply amazing. Both photographers are so easy to work with and make sure everything runs smoothly. They stay calm, which helps when you're under pressure.They capture every moment! Looking through our wedding pictures makes us so happy, we want to do our wedding all over again!

Sent on 06/24/2012

Tara · Married on 04/14/2012

Verlyn & Kathleen were wonderful to work with. You cannot beat the price & quality! Additionally, they are quite prompt in getting their product to you.

Sent on 06/07/2012

Kristina · Married on 02/27/2012

Doing all of our destination wedding planning online, we searched dozens and dozens of photographers along the Florida west coast, but of every site we went to, Photography by Larson had the BEST price for the best deal! For 5 hours, we had 2 photographers (Mr. and Mrs. Larson), all the photos edited on a CD with all copyrights, and the Larson's take great pride in using natural lighting to capture the most stunning photos...you will NOT be disappointed! They were so professional, my guests all complemented how friendly they were and how well they blended in. And the pictures they took....beautiful. They captured details that we hadn't even noticed until we were going through their photos! If you are looking for amazing photos for an amazing price, AND you want two photographers for the price of one, look no further. Give them a call or send them an email, they are quick to respond and so helpful!!

Sent on 03/27/2012
  • W

Lisa · Married on 08/13/2011

Verlyn and Kathleen were so professional and easy to work with. They give you a disc with all your photos, so you can print as many or few as you want.

Sent on 08/21/2011
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 10/23/2010

Verlyn and his wife, Kathleen did such a fabulous job capturing our wedding on camera! They captured every detail and every special moment. The pictures turned out absolutely beautiful and we couldn't be happier. Everyone is raving about how gorgeous our pictures are. Another reason we chose them was because they were budget-friendly and we received ALL 830 of our photos on CD with copyright release. We can keep every single photo for years to come. They even had them touched up and on CD by the time we returned from our honeymoon! AMAZING! I highly recommend Photography by Larson for your wedding photography! THANK YOU VERLYN & KATHLEEN!!!

Sent on 11/09/2010

Breanne · Married on 10/03/2009

Verlyn and Kathleen Larson are amazing photographers that make your special day that much more special. They are so good at what they do and they get every little detail that most people forget about.

Sent on 07/02/2014
  • User4220778 · Married on 00/00/0000

Verlyn Larson did an excellent job for our ceremony. We couldn’t have asked for anything more. He made us feel comfortable and even took great photos of our dog who was part of the ceremony. Thank you Larson!

Sent on 01/20/2018

Eunice · Married on 04/07/2017

This was a destination wedding for my husband and I. We met with Kathy and Verlyn a few months prior to our April 2017 wedding in SW Florida. Our connection with The Larson's was amazing and we knew we had a winning team on our side for our photography needs. Professional and personable with an outstanding eye for detail. Many many thanks and gratitude to Verlyn and Kathy Larson.

Sent on 04/19/2017

Samantha · Married on 05/18/2019

Highly experienced and easy to work with!

Verlyn & Kathleen are true professionals! It was great to have two photographers on hand to capture every angle of the day. I loved that they sent over a batch of photos for us to share with family and friends the day after the wedding. It helped us to relive the memories right away! Our photos were done by the time we returned home from our honeymoon - What an awesome surprise! If you're looking for highly experienced, reliable photographers, the Larsons are the perfect choice!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Marisa Bonaccorso · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing team they both are

Definitely recommend having do your pictures for your wedding . I love these two !!

Sent on 11/08/2018

For the Awesome cost and their professionalism, very nice pictures, rapid return, etc. I highly recommend this team for any Wedding. Some of my pictures are just breathtaking! Thank you Verlyn for making our day special :)

Sent on 12/07/2014

Amber · Married on 02/20/2011

They did a great job and you can not beat the cost. the best part is we get all of our images on CD for us to keep.

Sent on 03/03/2011

tayler · Married on 10/15/2016

They did such an amazing job with my wedding pictures. They were there on time and they did everything we wanted them to. They got our pictures back very quickly too. They send you a website and a flash drive, plus some preview pictures. These guys are great, I highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/10/2016

lauren · Married on 03/10/2018

0.4
      0.5

Our engagement pictures they were great. For our wedding almost two hours late. The two were supposed to split up cover my husband and family as well as myself and family getting ready. We have no pictures of all of us getting ready, very little of our families before. No pictures of my dress before etc..

We spent time at the reception getting photos with our family. But stopped due to the fact we would spend all night doing this. I don’t have a photo with my grandma, I’m glad we have photos. I was disappointed I never even received an apology after from them regarding all of it. I was told how calm I was during the entire situation..

Find someone who will show up because the photos you will have for a lifetime. And unfortunately my husband and I do not have those. It is incredibly disappointing I wish they had at least reached out afterwards for an apology or at least taken time to edit pictures. We had a beautiful venue and doesn’t seem much was captured.

Find someone who will be on time.

Sent on 08/29/2018

Photography by Larson's reply:

It would have been nice to hear from our bride prior to this review with any problems she may have had instead of waiting until now to review our work regarding her wedding on March 16th. We were not 2 hrs late but 20 minutes late due to a detour from Sarasota to St. Petersburg. Our most direct route to St. Pete is the Skyway bridge and it was closed due to an accident. We were re-routed around the bridge and arrived at 4:50 with our start time being 4:30 and took our first picture at 4:58 according to our time stamp on our camera. We certainly apologized for our 20 minute delay and were ecstatic to have arrived just 20 minutes late. We were very happy with what pics we got prior to the ceremony. We had given them 30 minutes of free photography time from 4-4:30 to get the groom and groomsmen at a separate location. That didn't happen due to the bridge closure. We went to 3 locations including downtown St. Pete on St. Patricks Day to accomodate the brides wishes. We would have preferred to take family pics at the church but the bride wanted to go to the Vinoy Park instead to do some pics of them and the bridal party. We never take family pics at the reception but did due to the brides wishes. We edit all images and her pictures are beautiful...venue and all! We are always more then happy to take any family photos that anyone requests like the bride with Grandma. We work very hard for our 5 star rating and to receive a review that is factually wrong is very upsetting to us. Again...wish she had reached out to us before now with any concerns about our work so we could have discussed it with her.