Photography by Larson Reviews

93 | Sarasota, FL

93 Reviews for Photography by Larson

Rachel · Married on 05/04/2016

So happy I found these photographers for my vow renewal. So easy to work with and very accommodating. The photos are beautiful, my husband and I are ecstatic. Also, very affordable, the memories captured are priceless!!

Sent on 05/12/2016

Carole · Married on 03/06/2016

Outstanding job capturing our special day. We love the pictures and hoe you shot us with beautiful beach sunset. Thanks for capturing fantastic memories!

Carole and Jim Windle

Sent on 03/24/2016

Christine · Married on 02/12/2016

Verlyn was very professional and accommodating, not to mention that his services were extremely affordable. Our pictures came out beautifully and he even made sure to have them edited and ready for us the next day because we live in a different state! I highly recommend Larson Photography, you won't regret it!

Sent on 02/15/2016

Mauretta · Married on 01/14/2016

Verlyn did an amazing job at our Boca Grande wedding!!! His professionalism and artistic photography was wonderful! We highly recommend Verlyn !!!

Sent on 01/24/2016

Kathleen & Verlyn were terrific! We're from Philadelphia and we were getting married in the Sarasota area and Verlyn was nice enough to meet us a few months beforehand to go over any questions we had. Because we found Larson photography online, we already knew we were getting a great product after our conversations via phone but beIng able to sit and talk reassured us of our decision.

The day of our wedding couldn't have gone any better. Kathleen and Verlyn arrived early just in case anything came up. They captured every moment we were looking for and more for our special day. With over 25 years of experience, we could tell that they knew all of the right poses to put us in which kept us on time with our schedule along w/ any special requests we had. If you're looking for an excellent product and service where you won't have to worry since there are plenty of other things that can keep you stressed during wedding planning, then look no further than Larson Photography.

I almost forgot, less than 3 hours after our wedding, Kathleen and Verlyn had 20 of our best photos emailed to us to use on social media that night. In addition to that, 3 days after our wedding, we had a link sent to us of all of our wedding photos. Talk about a quick turnaround!

Julia · Married on 11/28/2015

We could not have chosen a better photographer to capture our special day. Verilyn was professional, thorough and talented! He established an early rapport with everyone at the wedding so that smiles and natural behavior came easily. The finished product is bar-none all that we could have hoped for. We would highly recommend Photography by Larson!

Sent on 12/19/2015

Lumir · Married on 11/14/2015

Mr. Larson provided excellent service. He was willing to work with us on several occasions when we had to reschedule our engagement photo session multiple times. Him and his wife made an excellent team during our wedding and they were a pleasure to work with. All of our photos came out amazing! Some looked like they should be in a magazine!

Natasha · Married on 11/06/2015

Great job! I am so glad we hired Photography by Larson! They did a wonderful job on the engagement and wedding photos, and were so good about getting our pictures back to us so quickly. The day after our wedding we had some preview pictures to share with friends and family while we waited for the full disc. I also loved the personalized website that we were able to share to with friends and family so they could download any photos they wished to keep.

Sent on 12/21/2015

Page · Married on 09/11/2015

Thank you so much for your beautiful gift of pictures of our memories on our special day. Larson was so patient, kind and easy to work with and attentive to our wants for certain types of pictures. He was very flexible with our changing plans of that day and tried to capture everything we requested. Great job and great guy to work with!

Stephanie · Married on 06/20/2015

Verlyn and Kathleen were extremely professional and so easy to work with! They made the experience so easy and the pictures came back faster than I could imagine!

Rosemary · Married on 06/20/2015

Dear Verlyn & Kathleen;
    What can we say that has not been said before about the two of you? Your photography and professionalism is above and beyond what we hoped for! Thank you so much for making Steph and Mike's wedding day so special (rain and all!) The photos are amazing! Steph & Mike wanted to especially thank you for getting preview shots out so quickly so they can enjoy them with family & friends the day after the wedding!
    Thank you again for your suggestions and guidance through this process. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing more of your amazing photography!
    Love,
    Rosemary Chomicki(MOB):)

Sent on 12/13/2015

Patricia · Married on 06/12/2015

We eloped on the beach on Anna Maria Island. Verlyn was great. The pictures are amazing. He was patient and kind and had some great ideas for poses. Hire them without hesitation!!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Carmen · Married on 04/24/2015

Thank you Verlyn & Kathleen you guys are amazing . So glad my daughter in law found you on the web . "You guys are a diamond in the rough!" Your professionalism & commitment shows in the care you put into our special day. Thanks Verlyn for finishing our pictures so quickly- your are a true artist. God Bless you both.

Sent on 05/15/2015

karen · Married on 01/31/2015

Michael & Karen would like to thank Verlyn for doing an amazing job of our photos for our recent wedding at The Field Club! They were absolutely wonderful! He was a true professional and very easy and kind to work together with!

I was born and raised in Sarasota, and we will recommend him and his company to everyone we know!

Thank you again, Verlyn! M & K

Sent on 02/15/2015

Monica · Married on 10/10/2014

We can't recommend Mr. Larson and his wife enough! They were outstanding and the pictures he took are beautiful! Such a great value for two photographers! He covered everything, every part of the wedding and then went above and beyond to stay longer. We saw his work in an album and researched his page and loved the shots he took. You can't go wrong using him for any photography needs!

Sent on 10/29/2014
  • Ahnaysa

Ahnaysa · Married on 05/03/2014

Verlyn and Kathleen are the best photographers ever! They were so flexible with our schedule for our wedding and took the most amazing shots. We were in a tight budget and they fit right into what we wanted! They gave the best direction and were able to take so many shots! I would definitely recommend them for any occasion!

Sent on 10/01/2014

Kathryn · Married on 02/22/2014

I can not speak highly enough for Larson Photography! When my husband and I saw the photos from our wedding it took our breath away, the pictures completely exceeded our expectations, and our expectations were pretty high! They were such a pleasure to work with, they made the time we spent taking pictures so much fun! They are truly wonderful at what they do! There were so many shoots that I wanted that I forgot to tell them about, for example, the traditional shot of the wedding bands on the bouquet, and to my surprise when we looked at the photos, they had taken that shot and many others that I had forgotten to tell them about! I was so thrilled! They are such kind and fun people to work with, I am so thankful we had them as our photographers for our wedding! They truly are the best!

Sent on 03/08/2014

They did an amazing job on our wedding photos! I get so many compliments on them! they are so nice and very easy to work with! I would recommend them to anyone in the Florida area! and the prices were very reasonable! and we got our copy disc 3 days after our wedding! Thank you again!

Sent on 01/30/2014

Verlyn & Kathleen Larson are an amazing team to work with. We were looking for a photographer who could do journalistic shots as well as the portraits. We noticed from their portfolio instantly that their photography is dynamic. We were particularly interested in their infrared shots. We were also looking for a photographer who wouldn't play the game of "withholding shots unless prints are purchased". We wanted to hire a photographer, who would shoot for a certain period of time, for a fixed rate, pictures included. We not only appreciated Larson Photography's pricing, but were grateful that they had also guided us through, and organized the photography timeline (for 8 hrs), which was incorporated into the other wedding activities timeline. They were also great at contacting and communicating with the other vendors at the wedding. Great team!

Sent on 01/16/2014

Kelli · Married on 01/01/2014

My husband and I are so glad we chose Photography by Larson to photograph our special day. Verlyn and Kathleen did a wonderful job! Their creativity and professionalism are amazing. And we received our cd in just a few days!

Sent on 02/06/2014

Colleen · Married on 12/28/2013

Like many of the other customers of Larson Photography I cannot speak highly enough of them. I searched and searched for a photographer but all of the wedding photos looked the same and I thought "blah." However, when I stumbled upon their photos on their website they had unique ideas and the photos were not all staged. What you see is what you get with this husband and wife team! It was so wonderful to have more than one professional photographer on our day for the price of one. Additionally, they were organized, had a plan, and took charge to ensure that all the important shots were captured. They had great ideas of where to take pictures and how to position each person for the perfect picture. I couldn't have imagined more beautiful pictures from my wedding--and could not be happier!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Liz · Married on 10/12/2013

Our beach wedding was more than amazing! Verlyn and his wife took the most beautiful photos of our big day and we relive it every time we see these beautiful memories! We even had family photos done with Verlyn and he is amazing! They made our day even more perfect! This husband/wife duo is fabulous! Two thumbs way up!!!

Sent on 04/16/2014

Kim · Married on 10/05/2013

Picking a wedding photographer is more important that anything else in my opinion. A great photographer can make even the worst of conditions look good. Luckily we had great weather - but when I actually saw the preliminary photos, I was blown away. I can't wait to see the rest.

Sent on 10/10/2013

Crystle · Married on 08/01/2013

Wonderful pictures and great, friendly service :)

Sent on 08/11/2013

Stephanie Fernandez · Married on 07/18/2013

Verlyn and Cathy Larson were recommended to us through our wedding officiant. We contacted them, and spoke with Verlyn about what we were looking for in a photographer. We had a small beach wedding, and did not need a full wedding photography package. They will do whatever you need....as much or as little as you would like. Plus, you get two photographers for the price of one!! They are both lovely people, friendly, and do beautiful work. We loved all of the photos!! They put together some very unique shots that came out great! All of our friends and family commented on how beautiful all of the photos are. They made a DVD of all of the photos they took, put it in a small, tasteful album with a black & white photo of us on the front and a color photo of us on the inside. Included on the DVD was a letter releasing rights to the photos, so that we could print out whatever photos we wanted to and put together our own album. We were leaving Florida in two days, and Verlyn had everything ready for us to pick up before we left. We were so pleased with our photos, and we highly recommend Larson Photography. Stephanie & Dave Hallidy

Sent on 07/23/2013