Photography by Larson Reviews

93 | Sarasota, FL

93 Reviews for Photography by Larson

Cheryl · Married on 11/18/2017

Verlyn & Kathleen were fantastic! We took photos ahead of time so that we could enjoy our cocktail hour with our guests. Verlyn and Kathleen made the picture taking portion of the day fun. We loved waking up to an email with a preview of our photos to share with our friends and family. Can't wait to see the rest!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Elia · Married on 11/05/2017

We hired Photography by Larson for our intimate Catholic wedding at St. Martha's Church in Sarasota this past November. Despite contacting Larson only a few weeks before our wedding date, he gladly accommodated our last minute request. He was professional, organized and even sent us sneak peeks that afternoon. The quality of the portraits and candid shots exceeded our expectations and were so excited to share the entire gallery with our family and friends.

Sent on 01/10/2018

Sabrina · Married on 10/21/2017

Verlyn and Kathleen were a pleasure to work with! When looking for a photographer, I wanted someone extraordinary with an artistic eye. These two have it and they are the sweetest people to work with. We truly enjoyed having them there to photograph our special day. And their pictures are phenomenal!!! I would recommend them for any special event that you may need professional photographs for!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/07/2017

Photography by Larson was absolutely amazing. Verlyn is so nice to work with and produced the most beautiful pictures on my wedding day. He exceeded all of my expectations. I highly recommend for weddings and other occasions. Can't say enough. So pleased!!!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Suzanne · Married on 08/24/2017

Our experience with Photography by Larson went beyond all of our expectations. Verlyn made us feel completely relaxed. I wanted some beautiful and classic shots along with fun an flirty, and that is exactly what we got! I felt comfortable offering up some ideas that we had in mind for photos, in fact, I was encouraged to do so. We felt right at home posing for the classic shots, and the fun ones too! We were worried about the weather as Tropical Storm Irma was coming to town. Verlyn made the pictures magical. He is so talented and works wonders with his cameras. All I needed to do was give him an idea of what we had in mind and he made it happen, and then some! Perfection.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Mary · Married on 05/06/2017

Verlyn and Kathleen werw just amazing! From the moment they showed up they were prepared for anything, even pulling out a sewing kit for a potential repair! They were on time, prepared and ready to shoot! Communication before our wedding was excellent and they made a point to take shots of ones we had for suggestions. Before the sun came up the day after the wedding, they had already sent me about 15 preview which I fell in love with! Just over a week from the wedding all put pics were finished and sent to us via secured link, with a CD to follow soon after in the mail. Their professionalism, attention to detail, eye for a great shot and chemistry Verlyn and Kathleen had with each other made for an exceptional experience and hi HIGHLY recommend them to anyone and everyone!!!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Tracey · Married on 04/22/2017

You did an AWESOME job especially on short notice!!!! Our photos turned out so beautiful!!!! We really love the photos and will be sure to refer you to everyone we know!!! And the turn a round time was a lot faster than we expected!!!! Thank you so much for saving our memories which we can enjoy for our time!!!!!!

Sent on 05/02/2017

BobbieJo · Married on 04/14/2017

Verlynn was recommended by our wedding officiant, Grace Felice, was miraculously available with 2 weeks notice, and was absolutely perfect!! Strongly recommend! He was professional, accomodating and very good at what he does. He sent us a preview of some of our photos THE NEXT DAY, and had all our photos on a CD in a lovely keepsake book before we left Florida for home (within a week). Great service, and very personable, we were extremely pleased :) :)

Sent on 04/27/2017

Kelly · Married on 04/11/2017

I would HIGHLY recommend Verlyn for any photography needs. He was amazing to work with and very accommodating! The pictures were beyond amazing!!!

Sent on 04/20/2017

Julie · Married on 04/01/2017

We had a beach wedding on Longboat Key on 4/1/17. Verlyn and Kathleen handled all the photography and they were amazing. All of the pictures are gorgeous. 2 business days after our wedding we received a link to our pictures which we were able to share with our guests. All of our guests quickly got back to us telling us how beautiful every picture was and what a phenomenal job our photographer did to capture our special day. 3 business days later we received our pictures on a CD in a beautiful leather case. We couldn't be happier and highly recommend Photography by Larson. Thank you Verlyn and Kathleen!!!

Sent on 04/09/2017

Kimberly · Married on 03/25/2017

Working with Photography by Larson was awesome!! They were a great team, very flexiable with schedule and took some amazing picture!! I was from out of state and they were so accommodating and willing to work over the phone and email most of the time. Would highly recommend and would definitely work with them in the future!!

Sent on 04/06/2017

Danielle · Married on 03/10/2017

Planning a destination wedding can be a bit daunting, but we had great success when looking for a photographer! Verlyn and Kathleen were great to work with from the beginning to the end. The pictures turned out fantastic, and I could not have asked for better! Our day will always be memorable, but now we have amazing pictures to always look at. THANK YOU!

Sent on 04/04/2017

Sheryl · Married on 02/15/2017

They were absolutely fantastic thoughout! I planned my wedding from the UK and Photography by Larson made the whole process easy and reassuring. Our photos are absolutely beautiful and they even went out of their way to ensure we could take our photos back with us to the UK. I couldn't have asked for a better couple to share our day with. I'll see you both for the renewal on 10 years! ??

Sent on 05/07/2017

amy · Married on 12/03/2016

Photography by Larson! The husband/wife team, Verlyn and Kathleen exceeded our expectations. Quick to respond with answers to any of our questions or concerns and made the whole process easy and stress-free. They were punctual, polite and go-with-the-flow to meet our needs. As a husband/wife team they work so well and seamlessly with each other. They are pure talent in this industry and really know how to make a picture worth 1,000 words. We LOVED our engagement and wedding pictures!!! We definitely recommend their services to anyone needing a photographer!! Thank you guys again for beautifully capturing our special, once in a lifetime wedding day!!!

Sent on 12/20/2016

We can not say enough about how perfect Verlyn and Kathleen were for our wedding. They went above and beyond our expectations and accommodated our every wish. As an added bonus, they were fun to talk with. Both of us enjoyed our interactions with them before and during the wedding. They were kind enough to send us preview shots before we were even done with dinner so we could share some with the family. The rest of the pictures were on a DVD and ready for pick up within 4 days. The photos that Verlyn was able to capture have amazing depth of color. We had an ideal day for a sunset wedding and they were able to record all of subtle light changes that occur before, during, and after the sun sets. We are very grateful to them for their work and feel fortunate we happened to find and choose them for our wedding.

Sent on 12/20/2016

Andrea · Married on 11/05/2016

Verlyn and Kathleen were top notch for our wedding photography! I chose them as I felt Verlyn was very personable while talking about our wedding and was excited to be part of it! They were also very reasonably priced and flexible with the amount of time they were willing stay (I wanted them to stay longer) - You won't be disappointed! They are a husband and wife team and worked very well together making sure we were perfect in our pictures and stayed on schedule during the wedding. They arrived early to check out the venue and find some great spots for after ceremony shots. It was great having 2 photographers to capture all the special moments - Kathleen stayed with me (the Bride) through the whole wedding and was able to capture all the candid shots. Verlyn was able to shot the guys/Groom getting ready and did a great job taking all the portrait shots after the ceremony. Having 2 photographers is the only way to go so you don't miss anything! The best part was that Verlyn had e-mailed a bunch of photos to us by the time we woke up the next morning. This was the last part of relief we needed - to know that we got great pictures and didn't have to wait weeks to see them! It was also great to share with our family and friends right away and get some nice professional shots on FB :) Great team photographers who won't disappoint you on the biggest day of your life!!!

Sent on 11/10/2016
  • Lizzy

Lizzy · Married on 10/22/2016

Verlyn & his wife Kathleen did an amazing job on the photos for my wedding. It was great having two photographers to take more photos of both my husband with his groomsmen and I with my bridesmaids. The photos turned out better than I could have ever imagined. The sunset photos are beautiful that they took of just my husband and I after the ceremony. They also had the photos to us only a couple days after the wedding and we were able to pick them up before we even headed back home from our honeymoon.

Sent on 11/04/2016

Rian · Married on 10/14/2016

Photography by Larson was such a blessing. We live in a different state than that of which we married and photography by Larson made everything such a breeze. Highly recommend photography by Larson as they will make any occasion extra special for you with their beautiful photography and kindness. Thanks a million from The Dillard Family!!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Melanie · Married on 09/27/2016

Verlyn and Kathleen Larson make a great team!

My husband and I are from Cincinnati, Ohio. It was scary trying to choose a photographer that we wouldn't get to meet before the day of our wedding but when I came across Photography by Larson, it just felt right. They were responsive and attentive from the very beginning, putting my mind completely at ease! When we had a phone conversation the week before the wedding Verlyn was calming and very patient listening to my 1,000 questions and ideas!

We are absolutely thrilled with their service and quality of work and would recommend them a thousand times over.
    Verlyn and Kathleen are both highly skilled and have an eye for capturing the best angles, lighting and details. All of our wedding photos were beautiful, and the shots they captured of my husband and I on the beach at sunset were breathtaking! They know exactly what they are doing!

Thank you Verlyn and Kathleen for an amazing experience!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Paula · Married on 08/20/2016

Very professional, yet personal and super easy to deal with! The images captured were above my expectation!!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Logan · Married on 08/20/2016

I’m pickier than an editor at Vogue

...and I still cherish every photo Photogrphy by Larson took. When I posted a few on social media I was blown away by an outpouring of love from my friends and family who weren’t able to attend. He really captured the love and special moments of our day. One of my most cherished memory’s is preserved forever.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Lee · Married on 07/23/2016

We had our wedding on longboat key at sunset, and could not have asked for a better experience. Verlyn did an amazing job and took such beautiful pictures! We were from out of town and leaving on Monday, Verlyn had our pictures edited and on a disc for us less than 48hrs after our wedding. Can't say enough about our experience with him. I would add stars if I could! Perfect pictures, unbeatable pricing, fast service!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Chelsea · Married on 07/10/2016

We could not be happier with our wedding photos. The beautiful photos we have of those we love are absolutely priceless! Verlyn and Kathleen are incredibly talented and work incredibly well together. They were great at interacting with our guests, directing everyone when needed, and we have beautiful and fun photos to remember the day.

Sent on 10/05/2016

Douglas · Married on 05/30/2016

My wife Silke and I had a wonderful experience with this company. We called the day of the wedding to see if they were available to take the pictures a couple hours earlier because my fiances hair was completed early. I left a message and they called back within 15 minutes and Verlyn was very accommodating and agreed to perform the session earlier.

We had a bit of a snafu with the place where the pictures were to be taken where we needed to pay $250 for the session. We had them taken at Selby Gardens. This was NOT the photographers fault. They almost were not going to allow us to take them there but in the end agreed to, to their credit and that was appreciated. It would have been very sad had we not been able to take them because here was my bride in her gown ready for what we knew were to be beautiful pictures.

As we were going through Selby, you knew immediately Verlyn was a professional in his craft in all the technicalities of placement and lighting. On top of that, he was a very pleasant and friendly man to work with.

We had an hour session and Verlyn did not look at his watch until he thought we must have been an hour and it ended up being one hour and 20 minutes and he was still willing to take more for us. It was damn hot though for all of us so we told him we were fine and he had captured many wonderful shots.

For what he did, the cost was incredibly reasonable. I will not post the amount in the feedback because I believe contracts between people should not be made public but you will not be disappointed in what you get for the very reasonable price and overall experience.

I would absolutely recommend this company with their over 30 years experience to ensure your day is captured properly.

Sent on 06/20/2016

Kim · Married on 05/14/2016

Every moment of our wedding was captured. We just love every picture taken. A wonderful keepsake and worth EVERY penny. Veryln and Kathleen are awesome people to work with and very creative. Thank you so much for participating in our special day. Kim and Joel Hrkach

Sent on 06/08/2016