89 Reviews for PhotoArt by Lu

Save the Date (2)
Destination / Travel (1)
Trash The Dress (1)
Flush Mount (1)

Our engagement session was amazing!!! we had so much fun!!

I can't wait to have them shoot for our wedding :)

The photos are amazing as well as the quality!

Lu and Zan are awesome!!
They made sure we did all the kinds of photos we wanted!

Their personalities are the best too!!!

Thank you both so much!

Brian and I can't wait for July 7, 2018 to have you guys shoot our wedding!

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/7/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

We met Lu and Zan at a wedding expo in Baltimore. The second we saw their work we knew we wanted them to be our photographers. They met us at a coffee shop for our initial meeting. That meeting lasted over an hour, because once you start taking to Lu and Zan it's like talking to old friends. The connection was instant and I loved them! They did our engagement photos and our wedding. Lu is an AMAZING photographer. Her skills are unmatched. But more than her skills was her personality. She is the sweetest kindest person I've ever met. She makes you laugh and put you at ease when taking photos. On my wedding day she was more than a photographer, she was my everything. From relaxing me when things got stressful, to even making sure I had food and a drink. She also sent us our wedding photos less than a month after the wedding. I cannot say enough amazing things about Lu and Zan.

Profile Picture Annielle, 10/20/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Digital Files
3.7

I immediately fell in love with Lu’s photography as soon as I laid eyes on her portfolio. Clearly, this woman is talented! Maybe the portfolio gave me too high of expectations, but here is why I’m not giving a 5 start review:

Some of our photos were not edited to the quality that I was expecting (ex. not centered, glares, etc.) This however does not bother me as much as the fact that no creative poses were suggested during our shoot; it was just standard smiling aside from a handful of photos, and most of those were done not under their direction. My MOH had to read off the list of poses we had requested from Lu’s phone which made them seem unprepared.

A few positive notes: Lu has a bubbly, amazing personality and Zan was extremely friendly. They were accommodating on the actual wedding day and a lot of fun to work with, I guess I was just expecting more for the money that we spent.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, High-Res Images

Lu & Zan are the absolute best! We chose to use Lee’s Photography/Photoart by Lu for our engagement photos and wedding photos based on their online portfolio. Once we actually started working with Lu and Zan, we knew we had made the right decision. After spending an evening with them taking our engagement photos they made us feel so comfortable with their professional and friendly attitude, that by the time the wedding came around it felt like our friends were there to take our pictures. Lu and Zan really work hard to provide you with the best service possible, and the result is gorgeous photos. They did not just make my husband and I feel comfortable, I actually had wedding guests coming up to me and commenting on how wonderful our photographer was based on personality alone. It was truly a pleasure to work with them, and I recommend them 100%.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/16/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Photography was one of the priority choices for us as we both wanted good photos to remember not only the ceremony but all the people we had gathered together. So we shopped many photographers at wedding shows and online. We walked by the Photo Art by Lu booth and caught our eye, looked over the samples and walked away - at the end of the day the one booth we both agreed we had to go back to was PhotoArt by Lu and talk to Zan. We looked into others that were less expensive but none fit our style. What we loved ahead of time - the lack of 'photo effects' we wanted good quality photos capturing people and their expressions not a bunch of rays of light or lens flare, and we wanted great candid shots - Most professional photographers can do good staged shots of the put bride her groom here wedding party here - but the capture us on the dance floor with that so in love look, or me laughing when he got me with an inside joke in the vows, or my bridesmaids face after toasting with champagne (She hates the taste). Those are the priceless images we will cherish forever - and we have the full set on USB drive. We will be going back for family photos and other events we want to capture.

Profile Picture Star, 3/11/17, 21 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Slideshow

Lu is amazing, just absolutely amazing. You can tell from the second you meet her that she loves what she does and when you see her work it's apparent that she is excellent. She was very responsive and goes out of her way to understand the couple's personality, the feel and tone of the wedding, and the type of photos the couple wants. The day of she just showed up and started snapping away, you never felt like she was there - yet the whole time she was capturing every moment. And she was super fun for the couple only shots - I actually was dreading getting pictures of myself taken and she made it so easy and fun.

We had our proofs about 2 weeks after the wedding and the thumb drive a week after that. Her work just blew me away. Our photos were seriously amazing and she captured everything. She also has a way of capturing the perfect candid shots.

Lu was amazing - I would highly highly recommend her!!!!!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/14/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Prints, Proofs, Second Shooter

Lu and Zan are truly amazing to work with!! They are such a great team and are the nicest people! Lu always keeps in mind your vision of beautiful photos to capture your special day.....even when you're supposed to be getting married on the beach during a hurricane!! Lu and Zan work together to use their talented and creative eyes to take the most gorgeous photos. They worked so hard to make our day so special!! Their work is better than you would ever have imagined or expected your photos to turn out! We loved using Lu and Zan, cannot express how much we are thankful to the two of them!

Profile Picture Jenny, 10/9/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Multi. Locations

Photo Art by Lu was chosen by son and daughter-in-law as the photographer for their wedding that took place in July 2016. They were both professional and accommodating, taking all photos that were requested even when there was a delay in the original day's schedule. There were so many wonderful photographs taken, it was difficult choosing the ones to be included in the album, but once that was finally completed, Lu did a wonderful job with the layout and sent it back for approval very quickly. I'm thrilled with the finished product, which arrive much sooner than expected. Lu was a pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture Rona, 7/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Lu from PhotoArt by Lu is absolutely wonderful! We used her for our engagement photos, wedding photos, and maternity pictures and we were not disappointed! She is very attentive, takes the time to get the best quality photos, is very responsive to your emails, and works unbelievably well with your other vendors to make your special day perfect. Her online wedding questionnaire and timeline makes organizing your wedding day easy and stress free so you make sure you get all of the pictures you want. I would recommend booking her for your wedding photos or for portraits! Lu has such an amazing talent at capturing the perfect "moments" on your special day and she does it seamlessly. She makes you laugh and feel comfortable in front of the camera and I could not have asked for a better photographer!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 6/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Lu & Zan are the absolute best! My husband is a bit camera shy, but he felt immediately comfortable around Lu & Zan and that shined through in the pictures. They were beyond helpful and responsive from the first e-mail all the way to ordering our wedding books. The pictures came out better than we could have imagined and I am just so grateful they were able to be part of our special day because they made the day! Could not recommend them enough.

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/9/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Slideshow

Lu and her husband did my wedding in April of 2016 and it was AMZING! Like, talking to her was so personal, she really took her time with you and makes you feel like you are the only person she is dealing with. She is beyond flexible and an amazing person to work with (She was also on time every meeting we had, and for the wedding). I had a lot of back and forth and unnecessary drama (unfortunately) on my day, but Lu literally brushed everything off and was concerned with me and me only (and my husband...lol). She did not let anything outside of her job effect her work. True professional. I got so many compliments on on my wedding album, and even how Lu and her husband conducted themselves at he wedding! I can not believe my pictures looked so good; seriously like in a magazine.
I will say they are pricey, but I look at my pictures at least once a month (once a week for about 4 months when I first got them) and can not find anything I would change. (I also did a payment plan and started paying for the pictures a little over 1 year before the wedding..it was barely $150.00 a month...USE THE PAYMENT PLAN! It does not seem nearly as expensive when its broken up).
I used them for my pregnancy shoot as well. Seriously, the best photographers you will ever come across. I know I said a lot, but truly amazing is this couple.

Profile Picture t, 4/2/16, 1 Review
1.0

Lu absolutely ruined my wedding photography. Before our event I showed Lu what I wanted, made a pin board, shared images on fb etc but Lu did whatever she wanted not what I asked for. I was the bride & looking at the photos I look like the least important person. I didn't get a single photograph printed or framed because none of the pictures are nice. Anyone could have done this awful job for free, I didn't have to pay $3000 for ruining my wedding pictures. Will never recommend her to my worst enemy. You don't ever ruin someone's most important memories

Profile Picture Fatima, 3/20/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: One Event/Day, Additional Hours, Digital Files

OUT OF THIS WORLD! I cannot say enough good things about Lu and Zan! As background, my husband and I had to move up our wedding date suddenly because of my father's health. We had already booked Lu and Zan for the big wedding we had planned, but needed a photographer for the new courthouse ceremony and dinner we had to plan in only three weeks. Lou and Zan committed to the event almost immediately. They worked with us on a reasonable price and were flexible as we ironed out the details. In such a stressful time, I cannot express how refreshing it was to work with a vendor who was so kind, down-to-earth, and willing to work with us as we made last-minute and sometimes-changing arrangements.

Needless to say, the photos are fantastic and more spectacular than I could have imagined! They are true artists and made my 5'2 self feel like a 5'10 model. Beyond this, Lu and Zan's upbeat, positive, and fun personalities made the day even more fabulous. They fit right in with the group and navigated multiple (big and demanding) personalities with ease. We had a few photos of the wedding emailed to us within the weekend, had access to our photos online within the week, and received our thumb-drive exactly one week later. Lu even rushed print orders so we could give framed photos as Christmas presents (we got married December 11). I will absolutely be recommending them to everyone I know!

Profile Picture Danielle, 12/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

Absolutely wonderful! Lu and her husband were great to work with - responsive, professional, fun & energetic, and the photos turned out beautiful. I would definitely recommend PhotoArt by Lu to others and use them in the future for any of my big events.

Profile Picture Julie, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Multi. Locations, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files

I have heard of many a horror story in regards to things that go wrong in regards to peoples weddings especially when it comes to being disappointed in the photos that the newlyweds are left with. Well, we can tell you that, that certainly is not the case with the photos we got and the whole experience of working with and getting to know both Lu and her husband. We met with them a few times prior to our nuptuals and felt very assured and confident that our day would be captured in a most beautiful and professional way. They were very engaging during the days activities, yet never intrusive-just a delight to work with. If you are in need of getting your wedding pics done right we very strongly recommend PhotoArt by Lu.

Profile Picture Nozima, 10/18/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Lu and her husband are probably the most amazing duo you will ever meet!! Honestly, if it wasn't awkward I would probably call them up to be our new couple friends (and I'm pretty sure she'd love it)! We all know how important the photography is at your wedding and so we really made it a point to really search for a great photographer. My husband is actually the one who found Lu and loved the way she played with lighting and arranged the couples. The first time we talked to Lu what really set her apart in our minds was that she was so helpful! Once we talked she also gave us some questions we should always ask a photographer when searching for a good fit. She didn't have to do that at all, for all she knew we would take her advice and go with someone else, but she told us she has a passion for couples and loves what she does -it showed in that moment and every single one after. Clearly we hired her and I have never been more impressed with a vendor (and I work in the wedding industry)!
For our engagement shoot they got there early to "scout" the grounds and find the perfect places for us to take pictures. People told me how awkward the engagement photos could be, but by the time we were done laughing with her and her husband the shoot was done and we felt great! From that time on she kept in touch with us to make sure we were OK and helped us to figure out the timeline for photography. She is much more than a photographer, I tell you they are either super-hero's or just the most amazing couple! At our wedding my bridal party could not stop laughing as she made us all feel at ease and made my husband and I feel so special. She made sure what we wanted happened, kept us on time, and was just a ball of fun! She was worth every penny and two weeks later we have our photo-thumb drives in hand! I absolutely love her and when my husband and I talk back on that day she and her husband are two people we mention with smiles. Love ya Lu! I can't thank you enough!

Profile Picture Keren, 9/26/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Proofs

Lu is an extremely talented, not to mention incredibly fun and creative photographer. Everyone loved her, and her amazing work. She had wonderful ideas, kept everyone in check and captured all of our moments without having to be reminded. Her whole process was extremely organized and she came overly prepared the day of the wedding. Who doesn't love that!?! You will feel 100 percent taken care of when working with Lu and her team. I wasn't worried about a thing. The pictures speak for themselves. Book your wedding with Lu, trust me!

Profile Picture Courtney, 9/19/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files

Lu and Zan were great to work with! They made us feel very comfortable from the engagement pictures and up to the wedding day. They were always responsive and had very quick turnarounds on getting us our photos. We were surprised/excited to get our wedding photos so soon, especially when we've heard from friends that their photographers took months to get them back; we got ours back in about a week. Not only were Lu and Zan great, their work is awesome. We loved all the moments they captured for us and could not ask for anything more. I would highly recommend them for their services!

Profile Picture Jesse, 9/13/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Digital Files, Proofs

Lu and Zan were an amazing team. The photos for both our engagement session and wedding were stunning, and they captured the beauty of the venue and day perfectly. They were really responsive from day 1 when I first met them. I was only in VA for a weekend as I live out of town, but Lu and Zan were super flexible and able to meet with me at a local Panera on really short notice. In addition to being responsive, they were so fast! I got my wedding photos digitally while I was on my honeymoon! I couldn't believe how quickly I got everything. If I could change anything, I would have hired them for more hours on my wedding day so we could have taken more family photos. I've already recommended them to a few friends.

Profile Picture User4823112, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Lu and her husband were an AMAZING team. First of all, she is very easy to get along with. She showed up and took charge of coordinating all the photos and event timing. She communicated with us every step of the way! Her and her husband worked so hard all night - out on the dance floor, taking requests for different guests. Our pictures that we got back are of amazing quality. There are so many I want to frame! Not only are our couple portraits beautiful but she managed to get almost everyone during the dancing part of the night! We are all very pleased with our pictures and people have been commenting on how good they are!

Profile Picture User4133124, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date

The best decision that we made for our wedding by far was selecting PhotoArt by Lu as our photographer. Lu and Zan are an incredible duo that is sure to capture every single detail that you have so lovingly selected for what is sure to be one of the most important days of your lives. We initially met Lu and Zan at a wedding exposition a couple of years before our wedding, and although we had no clue what venue we were going to choose or when it would be, the one thing we knew is that we wanted PhotoArt by Lu to document our special day. So before booking our wedding venue, we made sure to check their availability before moving forward - and that is a decision that we certainly do not regret!

We were pleased to have them photograph our engagement session, and those pictures were a breathtaking story of our love. With just us, and a scenic beach area, Lu was able to capture the various sides to our relationship - the silly, romantic, and timeless nature of it. After our engagement session, we were excited to spend the day of our wedding with Lu and Zan because we knew that we were in great hands.

Your wedding day will come and go, and your photographs will remain as an enduring reminder of every little detail that you do not want to ever forget. The day of our wedding was made that much more special by having Lu and Zan there. We had the best day of our lives, and it all came across in the photo art that was produced. Lu and Zan felt like special guests at our event, beyond being our photography vendors, and we cannot thank them enough for creating everlasting memories the day of our wedding.

Not only are Lu and Zan immaculately talented, they are wonderful human beings that will make you feel comfortable enough like you have known them for years. So if you are reading this, we promise you will not regret choosing this great duo for your special event!

Profile Picture User5506663, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

In case you don't already now this, wedding planning is incredibly stressful. Finding people who are reliable and good, such as a photographer (who captures the most important moments of your wedding), can also be very stressful....unless you select Lu. Lu and Zan are very down to earth, incredibly flexible, very responsive, and patient. During the wedding and reception they blended in and we almost forgot that they were there. They took excellent pictures and got every shot that we asked for. We could not be happier with our pictures. You can't go wrong with Lu!.

Profile Picture Pablo , 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Lu and Zan are so much fun to work with. They included our engagement pictures in our price so it was nice to get to know them a bit before the big day. The two of them work so well together, are extremely flexible, and were at our beck and call all day. Lu really calmed me down during a major bridezilla moment, fanning me and getting me wine. Pat and I had so much fun with them during our solo shoot time and they really did anything we asked for! We couldn't have asked for a better photographer team and hope that they had as much fun capturing our special day as we did living it. We love you guys!

Profile Picture Megan , 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

PhotoArtbyLu was amazing! This photography team made our day perfect in every way. I could not ask for anyone better to capture our memories in such a perfect way!

Cheerfully,
Mrs. Chapman

Profile Picture Charlie, 8/1/15, 2 Reviews
4.7

Lu and Zan are so professional, but at the same time so much fun! They are experienced photographers who can help you feel like a model. The best part about working with them is their warm personalities. They help you feel so comfortable that you forget the camera is there. They helped coordinate our family and friends to make sure that we got all of the shots we requested. It comes across that they love what they do, they really care about you, and they are passionate about helping you capture your love story. You spend so much time with your photographers the day of your wedding, and it's so nice to have a loving couple that make you feel so at ease so that you can relax and enjoy your wedding day!

Profile Picture Morgan , 7/25/15, 3 Reviews