Photo Souvenir Punta Cana Reviews

57 | Punta Cana, DO

57 Reviews for Photo Souvenir Punta Cana

Natia Ortega · Married on 09/18/2015

Renaud from Photo Souvenir did our wedding pictures at the Excellence Punta Cana on 9/18/2015. There are no words to describe his work other than amazing, he really blew us away with his professionalism and creativity and his experience as a wedding photographer in Punta Cana really shows in the quality of his work and his knowledge of lighting, angles and fun picture ideas. We were only weeks from our wedding when we finally decided to make the switch from the resort photographer to Photo Souvenir and we could not be happier we decided to switch, nothing against resort photographers but someone once told me that wedding pictures are basically the wedding after the wedding day and to never settle for a photographer you are unsure about because pictures are everything you have let. And SHE IS SO RIGHT! I look at my wedding pictures on a daily basis and I’m just so happy they came out so great. Renaud was so creative with picture ideas, which was my biggest concern because I knew I wasn’t going to be able to come up with any ideas under all the stress and excitement of my wedding day but he was great and took such good care of my fiancé and I and our wedding party. Not only that but the pictures he captured during the reception, with everyone in constant movement (while dancing), are just stunning! All my family and friends loved the pictures and many have said they are the best wedding pictures they have ever seen. So, thank you Renaud! You helped our wedding day not only the best day ever but a memory we get to admire through pictures for all of our lives.

Sent on 10/14/2015

Ashley · Married on 08/13/2015

My husband and I worked with Severine and she was wonderful! She communicated well leading up to the wedding about details and planning. She arrived to the resort on time and took pictures as I was getting ready. She was patient and had many great ideas for poses, and was flexible when I wanted to incorporate my own personal touches. She wasn't a clock watcher and stayed until we were satisfied. She took and edited over 500 memories for us catching all the amazing parts that the day entailed. We also had a almost 2 year old so he was challenging at times but she captured some great shots of him in action. I would recommend Severine and Photo Souvenir for anything in the Punta Cana area. They offer a variety of options and are a joy to work with and make the poses comfortable and natural. Thanks a bunch!!

Sent on 12/01/2015
  • F

Francis · Married on 07/29/2015

What can we say........the Photo Souvenir team are an amazing, considerate, professional group of photographers. It was a very wonderful experience for us. Our friends decided to do a Trash the Dress photoshoot with them and when we saw their photos we just fell in love with the style, the beauty, and with how unique they were. My wife and I decided to choose both the underwater and beach photos for our Trash the Dress and we are so happy and amazed by the results. The pictures were stunning. We were a bit concerned about how it would be in the water but it turned out to be perfectly fine. The lagoon had plenty of places to stand and the photographers are experienced swimmers so it helped put us at ease. For those who are reading this and are on the fence about doing them, don't be. You will not regret taking your photos with Photo Souvenir.

Sent on 08/30/2015
  • Y

Yolian · Married on 07/12/2015

Reno is A PROFESSIONAL WHO HAPPENS TO ALSO BE AN EXCEPTIONAL PERSON!!!!!!Planning a destination wedding in Dominican Republic can be challenging especially if you are getting married at Jellyfish like we were. We chose Reno after reviewing the work of many photographers at the Jellyfish website. We chose him because we loved his work, we didn’t read any reviews, we didn’t ask people, and we just felt in love with his work.
    Reno made all the difference during our wedding planning. He was fast at getting back to us with answers, gave us advice and suggestions for free, and never mislead us. Reno is responsible and reliable, Reno does not have to go above and beyond for you to feel secure, all he does is smile and guarantee you that everything would be great. My wedding party was delighted after meeting him. He was fun and easy to work with. One week after returning from the wedding, we asked him for some pictures for our thank you cards and two days later I had 320 pictures, high quality pictures that all my friends loved. I can’t wait to see the final product and ordering my album with him. The photos were gorgeous; I literally cannot say enough wonderful thing about Reno and his work. He and Florian from Punta Cana Video were truly the best part about our entire wedding experience!
    We love you Reno, you will always be dear to our heart. Thank you for making our day unforgettable!

Sent on 08/28/2015
  • User4108627 · event on: 07/04/2015

We went to DR for our Babymoon and used Photo Souvenir to capture some photos!
    All the photos are just amazing!! Couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 08/19/2015

If you are having a wedding in Punta Cana and you are stressing out about a photographer, then put your worries to rest and hire Severine and Renaud! They are an absolutely lovely pair who compliment each other. Their work speaks for itself and we are very pleased with the outcome.

We hired Severine for our wedding which took place on June 2, 2015 at the JellyFish restaurant in Punta Cana. Prior to the wedding, Severine was very responsive to our emails and addressed all of our concerns.

When we met on the wedding day, Severine and Renaud were both there. It was a pleasant surprise since we thought only Severine was going to be in attendance. Renaud helped out during the afternoon and the ceremony. In fact, Renaud made a "behind the scenes" video which we really enjoyed.

During the ceremony, Severine and Renaud took wonderful pictures and captured moments that we did not even realize occurred. Their presence was not overwhelming (we attended some weddings where the photographers seemed like pests - this was not the case for us)!

During the reception, dinner, and dancing, Severine was capturing every single moment. I have never seen anyone work as hard as Severine. At a certain point, we had to ask her to make sure she ate and was drinking water. She is simply awesome. The pictures she took really brought out the decorations, the weather, and the overall joy everyone had.

Severine is also very responsive to suggestions. There was never a communications barrier. Severine followed us around when we wanted to take pictures with everyone. She made sure to take as many pictures of the guests as she could. Personally we think she was doing the job of three photographers!

Overall we are extremely satisfied. We are happy with the result and the process. We would hire Severine and Renaud as our photographers any time! They absolutely a wonderful persona with positive energy!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Sherry · Married on 05/23/2015

First off I have to say that we hired Photo Souvenir although our wedding package included photography. We had a poll among our friends to see where their money was best spent because wedding expenses add up quickly and we wanted to spend on the important things. Overwhelmingly people came back to the photography and the importance of capturing the day that took months or years to plan and went by in an instant. So while it might seem unnecessary to add a photographer when one is included there was no comparison between the two and we highly recommend Photo Souvenir. It was worth the additional expense and resort fee for using an outside vendor. Renaud met with us before the wedding, took time to get to know us, talked about what we wanted, what our plans were for our day, who was there, our style and our life. He was creative, blended in so guests were at ease and captured moments that we would have missed otherwise. We also add on the slideshow to our package and it was another great decision Our guests still comment on how beautiful it turned out and we included a link to it in our thank you instead of a just a photograph of us. This was especially important because many older family members could not come with us so everyone got to experience the day through this slideshow. Between the slideshow and our beautiful album we will relive one of the most important days in our lives over and over and be able to share it with our future children.

Somewhat unique to our experience, a friend was married recently and didn't get pictures so they also hired Photo Souvenir to do a photo shoot off the resort and we got to go along. That was equally incredible and if Renaud has the time I recommend getting pictures in the lovely Dominican Republic (off the resort). He showed us a wonderful beach, talked about the people, culture and island. It was an experience we will also cherish. Hope this review helps. Good luck with your wedding planning :-)

Sent on 01/06/2016

Shari · Married on 05/08/2015

We are so happy we chose Photo Souviner, Seerine & Rodrigo did such an amazing job. When we first met them, they were so kind and out going. Seerine stayed with the girls as we got ready, and Rodrigo took pictures of the guys. They made us all feel so comfortable, and at ease. All the pictures felt natural and not too posed. They were so involved at the reception. Climbing up to the top of the restaurant to get the perfect shot of the dance floor, and were right there with everyone. A lot of our guests complimented us on how much they loved our photographers.Our favorite part was the Urban Rock the Dress the next day. It was such a great experience. Everyone was so kind, and friendly to us. The pictures were truly the most amazing part, they were unbelievable. We could not have asked for better photographers, and are so grateful that they were there to capture the best day of our lives.

Sent on 07/07/2015

Andrea · Married on 05/01/2015

Where do I start...there are so many amazing things to say about Photo Souvenir.
    Renaud with Photo Souvenir was amazing from the moment I first contacted Photo Souvenir. He was professional, kind, knowledgeable and responded to my emails quickly.
    When my husband and I first met with Renaud once we got to the resort we knew right away we had made the right choice. We hired Photo Souvenir for our wedding day and for a Trash the Dress session. We have NO regrets. He takes amazing pictures, he is so much fun and made us both feel comfortable, it was like we knew Renaud for a long time. If you're looking for an amazing photographer that you can trust, that is professional, talented and very reasonable in price...look no further. Photo Souvenir is the photographer to choose! You will be super happy with the outcome!! Thank you Photo Souvenir for an amazing experience and photos. Until we meet again!! Andrea & Mike

Sent on 05/20/2015

Rachel · Married on 04/25/2015

Severine and Renaud were absolutely amazing. They were the photographers at our wedding at Alsol Luxury Village in Punta Cana on 4/25/15. They were very kind and willing to work with us, not pushy at all. They were a pleasure to work with and the first photos we have seen are amazing. I whole heartedly recommend them.

Sent on 05/03/2015

Erin · Married on 02/28/2015

Photosouvenir was amazing from the time I first contacted them for information to the day we got our pictures. We had Severine as our photographer and she was extremely professional making everyone around feel comfortable. Not only that I felt as though every time I looked up during a moment I knew was important she was there capturing it all. She split her time perfectly between us and the guys, ensuring she got great shots at each. Our session was great - my husband and I are slightly awkward taking pictures together and she did a great job at capturing the candid moments which we love.

The pictures we received were amazing - far beyond what we had expected! I would suggest no one other than Photosouvenir for any type of photography. We hope we can go back once we have kids and have family photos done. Thanks again Renaud and Severine - you are extremely talented!

Sent on 05/20/2015

Maria · Married on 02/27/2015

I'm so lucky to have found and chosen this photographer for my wedding. The company name doesn't sound as professional and creative as the actual photographer so don't let that influence you. Renaud was very easy to work with and the photos were everything I could imagine and more. There is no way anyone could be disappointed with this photographer. The skill, knowledge, and artistry is unmatched! I only wish he could photograph all the future events in my life. He will be hard to match. Sooo happy.

Sent on 03/26/2015
  • Y

Yvon · Married on 02/14/2015

Working with Photo Spuvenir (Severine and Renaud) was a great experience. They are an incredibly talented, a team of professionals who capture the fun and emotional moments without you even noticing. The result are pictures with character and real feelings, every shot is perfect. We couldn’t be happier of our decision to work with Photo Souvenir and we highly recommend them.

The underwater photoshoot was an unforgettable and exciting experience. For the first time during the entire trip, it was just me and my husband… It felt magical and romantic to be in such an impressive natural setting and care for each other so that three professionals could capture our feelings in photographs. Rodrigo, Severine and Renaud did an incredible job making us feel passionate and comfortable at the same time. It felt like a field trip with good friends where having fun was the most important part of the experience. Renaud created a video of the photoshoot experience, this was a nice touch and surprise. I have watched the video so many times and every time it puts a smile on my face. It is a unique gift that we will treasure for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 08/18/2015

My husband and I got married in Punta Cana in Dominican Republic in December 2014. We are so happy to have hired the Photo Souvenir Photographer Severine and Renaud and not only for our wedding day but also for the underwater trash the dress photo session in a beautiful crystal clear lagoon couple of days after. They made us feel like a star and so comfortable. We didn't meet them before the wedding day but they have such warm and friendly personalities that we felt comfortable right away. They knew exactly what to do. Even if we run more than an hour late, they stayed relaxed and had everything under control with a plan B.
    The underwater photoshoot was just WOW. It was the best one we ever did in our life. The weather was perfect that day. The colors of the lagoon look absolutely beautiful. At first we were a bit skeptical, especially how can we manage it with that long wedding gown. But you have nothing to worry about. Rodrigo, the underwater photographer is a really experienced diver. He just simply takes you from one place to other. It was so much fun and absolutely unique. All the team is just amazing and fun, they are absolutely professionals and know exactly what to do. Besides they are really creative and trying every time to find new poses or new ideas for the pictures.The first time we saw the pictures we were so amazed that I just started to cry. We expected it to be nice but that just exceeded our expectations. We would recommend Photo Souvenir to everyone! Thank you so much for that wonderful experience!

Sent on 02/23/2015

V · event on: 11/18/2014

If you're looking for a wedding or engagement photographer in Punta Cana, look no further. Renaud of Photo Souvenir is your man! He went to great lengths to photograph my secret marriage proposal, and make it an astounding success!

Since this was my first trip to Punta Cana, I was clueless about the area. I wanted to propose on a beach, in a rather secluded area. Renaud offered terrific suggestions, one of which I agreed to; an amazing restaurant with a private beach area, run by the most amazing lady, Bego! (Look up Kukua Beach Club in Punta Cana on TripAdvisor for details.)

Renaud took it upon himself to visit the restaurant and meet with Bego to iron out details. That shows how professional and dedicated he is. Remember, this was supposed to be a secretly photographed proposal; hence the need to ensure a proper setup ahead of time.

Due to the unpredictable weather during our stay in Punta Cana, Renaud even agreed to be flexible, and schedule the shoot on 24-hour notice!

Once my fiancé and I arrived in Punta Cana, I fixed the day and time of the proposal with Renaud. He showed up at the venue a couple of hours prior to our arrival there, and completed the secret setup. As my fiancé and I showed up at the venue, he got to work, and pulled it off amazingly! He shuffled, he scrambled, he ran, he hid, he crawled, and he got the most amazing shots and video footage! The end result was absolutely stunning!

I'm sure there are many great photographers out there, but I'm doubtful there are many with the unique combination of skill, creativity, pleasantness, dedication, and fun-factor which make Renaud what he is. I recommend him without reservations. I'm sure you will enjoy working with him, and will be as impressed with his work, as were we.

Renaud, thank you for everything!

Sent on 03/22/2015

Melissa · Married on 11/03/2014

We loved working with Photo Souvenir! They were so easy to work with. They are flexible, creative, professional, and FUN! They do a ton of weddings, but they treat your wedding as if it is the most important wedding they have scheduled. We can't say enough good things about them. We did a trash the dress and underwater session and it was the most amazing experience. The location is beautiful, and the water is crystal clear. I'm not a very strong swimmer so I was a little nervous about swimming in my wedding dress, but I had ZERO problems. They are there to help you throughout the way. I was also a little nervous about running my wedding dress, but after my dress was dry cleaned I had zero spots, zero tears. NOTHING! (And I had an all lace, long wedding gown). You would be crazy not to choose Photo Souvenir as your photographer. You definitely get what you pay for!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Elly · Married on 09/20/2014

Amazing!!!!!! If you are looking for exceptional wedding pictures, look no further! Photosouvenir is simply amazing. Owner’s Renaud and Severine are awesome to work with, and pour their hearts into their work/craft. From the moment we decided to call photosouvenir, the customer service and attention to details from the two partners was spot on. Severine helped us reserve everything, and answered all the questions we had prior to using their company for our wedding. She was very polite, and responded to our email inquiries promptly; before, during, and after the wedding. Renaud was our actual photography, and he is awesome. Renaud has such a sharp eye and awesome imagination. He will make your pictures come to life. We are so so so happy that we choose photosouvenir…….It is definitely worth every penny, and has far exceeded our expectations! Simply amazing, thank you to Renaud and Severine for making this happen for us, and delivering such beautiful memories that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.
    From
    Mr. and Mrs. Watts

Sent on 11/04/2014

Samantha · Married on 08/06/2014

We are still in Awh from our pictures that Photo Souvenir was bale to capture for us! He captured very creative lighting pictures and made our pictures look very artsy! We love that! Overall our pictures came out better than imagined! Would reccomend Photo Souvenir to anyone I know.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Morten · Married on 07/15/2014

It's a shame that you only can give 5 stars. The service and the quality of the photos we got from Photo Souvenir Punta Cana was a 10 stars experience.

This is a late, a very late review of the service Severine and Renaud gave to our wedding in July 2014. It's late because we want the review to be as good as the service they provided to us. But lets take it from the top.

Contact before the wedding:
    Severine and Renaud have a great webpage where you can see what kind of pictures the do. We contacted them and told what kind of pictures we wanted. For that purpose we had to fill out a form, so they knew what type of pictures we wanted. That was the first sign of a very professional couple who treats every customer different - only to give all customers the best treatment.

Contact at the hotel:
    It was Severine who did our wedding, but a few days before the wedding we spotted Renaud taking pictures of another couple at the hotel. So we had a little chat and the rest we did by mail. They were very quick to answer our mails. This was a good thing because we ended up requesting an extra hour of their service. When Severine got there her focus was on taking pictures - not the money. She of cause got her money, but her focus was on us.

The service
    Severine has an unique way of taking pictures. She is like a fly on the wall - you don't see her. But on the same time she guides you (very polite) when it is necessary. We wanted our pictures to be as candid as possible, so there weren't much guiding - but still enough for the pictures to be perfect.
    She knew Dreams la Romana very well, so she knew all the great places to take pictures.

The photos
    We can only say wauw. WAUUW!!!! We love the result and we will forever be grateful for the service of Photo Souvenir Punta Cana and especially Severine
    You can see some of the pictures from our wedding here:

Sent on 01/24/2015

Renaud of Photo Souvenir was our wedding photographer for our destination wedding in Punta Cana, DR. We selected Photo Souvenir after extensive research of photographers in the area and selected them based on their artistry, which could only result from an ethic of passion and quality. My (now) husband and I were more than satisfied with our photography; we were elated and felt as though we wouldn't have been as happy with anyone else. Weddings are an important time in one's life and therefore having confidence in the person or people who are hired to capture the moments is also important. After meeting Renaud, we felt assured we had chosen the right person. Renaud did a wonderful job capturing our special moments. Though we opted not to have a second shooter, somehow he managed to take shots from different perspectives throughout our ceremony and reception without being intrusive. I would highly recommend this photographer to anyone who is interested in wedding photos that are beautiful and not "canned." Photo Souvenir is truly an artistic, accommodating, professional photography company who will ensure that the important times in your life are documented as the most beautiful memories.

Sent on 12/03/2014

Kayla · Married on 06/09/2014

I had the pleasure of having Photo Souvenir (Severine & Renaud) photograph my wedding on June 9, 2014. A year and a half prior, I scoured the internet looking for a photographer to shoot my wedding at the Majestic Colonial Resort & Spa. Once I discovered Photo Souvenir, I knew I had to have them and booked them right away! Severine and Renaud photographed my wedding day and Severine photographed my Trash the dress session the day after the wedding on June 10, 2014. In addition to being the sweetest people, they are also VERY CREATIVE! One of the reasons I chose them in the beginning, was looking through their website and blog, no two weddings or trash the dress sessions looked a like! I love that all of my photos are unique and suited to fit me and my husband! Photo Souvenir is also one of the few photographers in Punta Cana that actually has a blog as well. They wrote up a story on my husband and I added tons of photos that fit our story. The blog post summed up our day perfectly. To visit our blog post on their site, click the link below or copy and paste this link into your browser:

My wedding guests and friends cannot stop talking about how wonderful our pictures came out. We loved our photos so much that my husband and I plan on going back to Punta Cana to have Severine and Renaud photograph our pregnancy and future children once we decide to expand our family!

Sent on 07/20/2014

Ryan and Elyse · Married on 05/15/2014

We found Photo Souvenir online while searching for photographers in Punta Cana. Severine was very quick at answering emails, and she made it very easy to coordinate everything from another country.
    Severine was with us for 8 hours on the wedding day, so that she could capture everything. I don't even know if she ever took a break, because she didn't miss anything!
    The following day we did a trash the dress shoot. Severine picked us up from our hotel and drove us to a beautiful location in a fishing village 10 minutes away. From this beach we had a gorgeous sunset as our backdrop. We had so much fun! She was fantastic at giving us direction, but at the same time just letting us be ourselves and enjoy it.
    Severine was wonderful! She was so lovely and so kind! We could really tell how much she loves taking photographs, because she didn't want to stop shooting! We knew before we even saw our photos that they were going to be incredible...and they are! We have so many amazing shots to choose from. She was able to capture all of those amazing moments that you don't want to forget, and she did it like a fly on the wall, never getting in the way of everything that was happening. Not only did she take amazing photos of the wedding party and all our of family and friends, but she also took great shots of our waiters, our DJ, the setting, the beach, and the decorations. She really captured everything about the day, and when we look at the photos we remember what it felt like on that day.
    We cannot say enough good things about Severine! She was simply amazing, and we are forever grateful for her work!
    Thank you so much Severine!!!

Sent on 06/24/2014

Kasey · Married on 02/28/2014

My husband and I are beyond happy with our experience with PhotoSouvenir! We got married at the Majestic Elegance on February 28, 2013 with 80 of our family and friends!

When I was searching thru blogs and websites looking for photographers, no one caught my eye until I found PhotoSouviner!! As soon as I found them I sent an email in regards to my date because I HAD to have them. They were so quick to respond whether it was about booking dates/sessions/etc and were more than willing to accommodate you any way they could.

Pictures mean more than anything- those are what we are able to hold on to forever to look back on to spark back up the great memories. We had the pleasure of working with Severine- when I met her the day of the wedding I knew from the moment she started taking pictures of us ladies getting ready to the few days after when we did our Trash the Dress session (HIGHLY recommend)- that they were going to turn out more than I could have ever expected! She was so professional and friendly; making us feel extremely comfortable! Even my husband had a great time and enjoyed the time spent with her- and we all know how the typical men can get when it comes to picture taking and it “taking so long”, they typically want it done and over with, haha!

She captured moments that showed how purely happy we were and even more moments I didn't even realize she captured; some of those are my absolute favorites!! SO creative!

She gave is a sneak peak of a few pictures that she posted on their Facebook- EVERYONE I know RAVED about the way the photos had turned out and phenomenal photography talent! We received our pictures- 2 weeks out (just like we had known) and let’s just say WOW! I am going to need a show room because there is no way that I am going to be able to hang up a few!

I would hire PhotoSouvenir for everything if I could! :) You did an amazing job and we cannot be any happier than we are; we were very happy with our whole experience!

Sent on 03/25/2014

Stephanie · Married on 01/28/2014

Photo souvenir was wonderful!! Severine listened to exactly what I wanted in my photographs and she was very pleasent. Sooo many people love my pictures as they aren't your standard wedding pictures.

Sent on 03/06/2014

Victoria · Married on 01/11/2014

Photo souvenir was extremely perfessional and responded in a timely fashion, creating a stress free planning process. Severine was absolutely wonderful! She captured all of our memories through her photography.
    She was extremely talented and a pleasure to have at our wedding! We invites her to stay for the party afterwards, in fact! I have nothing but wonderful things to say about her and would rehire her again in an instance.

Sent on 04/16/2014