26 Reviews for Philly Party Band

Sound/PA System (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
Lighting (1)
26 Philly Party Band Reviews

Our wedding party had hard to pronounce names, but the MC Kenny did a great job of preparing and making sure the names were pronounced well. Singing was also really good. He followed up with the bride many times to make sure everything was on track.

Profile Picture User7355772, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
3.0

The music and the band were fantastic! The only complaint I have was the point person that books the band is unorganized and takes a long time to get back to you. He's better if you call him but e-mail --at times not so good. Also, we wanted to meet with him ahead of time and he basically said "that is unusual and brushed it off like we were annoying." In addition, there were a few songs we wanted them to play for dancing with dad and bride, etc., and instead of learning the songs - was unwilling and basically played it through a speaker with their phone. LIke I said --the band was OUTSTANDING and the music was GREAT --just dealing with the leader for booking, details, etc. --he fell short. LOVED the music!

Profile Picture User7305193, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Liability Insurance

My husband and I booked Philly Party Band for our wedding and we couldn't have been happier. They were absolutely amazing! Their song selections pleased all aged groups as people were on the dance floor ALL night long! The singers were very interactive, singing and dancing with us! We are still getting calls from people telling us how they were the best band they have seen at a wedding. The manager Dan, throughout the whole process of planning, was very professional and great to work with. We are so glad we chose Philly Party Band to play at our wedding and we HIGHLY recommend them! The best part, they're affordable! You can't find a TEN piece band this good for the price they offer! Thank you Philly Party Band for making our special day so memorable! :)

Profile Picture Angela, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Do it!! You'll be very happy with your decision

Profile Picture Sara, 5/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Philly Party Band made my daughter's wedding as great as it was. They were tremendous from the cocktail hour until the final dance. They kept the party going the entire night. They know exactly what songs to play at every moment of the party. I would not hesitate to use them again and highly recommend them for anyone planning a wedding since they keep the party going all night long.

Profile Picture Jack, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Everyone loved the band and had a fun time. The music was great and the dance floor was packed the entire wedding. I would highly recommend the Philly Party Band to any bride and groom.

Profile Picture User5644111, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

My brother had hired what is now know as the Philly Party band for their wedding on New Years Eve. They were amazing and one of the top compliments they received. We knew we had to schedule the Philly Party Band for our wedding. And once again, they were all anyone would talk about! Live bands and much more valuable than DJs and can really start the party and keep everyone dancing. They were very responsive to our requests and will take the time to learn new songs. Although one song we wanted just could not be arranged (at least to high standards) for us, they simply played the CD during our cake cutting ceremony. If you want a level of intimacy at your wedding, hire a live band, and this band will not disappoint!

Profile Picture User5633315, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

The Philly Party Band was such a huge hit at our wedding. People were saying they are the best wedding band they have ever seen. They did a great job of getting everyone on the dance floor and keeping things fun but not cheesy the entire night. They also did our ceremony and cocktail hour and we were equally as impressed. The keyboardist worked with our officiant beforehand which was above and beyond. Fantastic and talented band!

Profile Picture Liz, 7/5/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

The Philly Party Band played at my daughter's wedding 1 month ago and I am still hearing from guests how much they enjoyed the evening. From the moment they started playing at Cocktail Hour until the last song was played - our guests were raving about the band. I know that I did not sit the entire reception except to eat my dinner. As I looked around the dance floor was packed. From my daughter's and son-in-law's friends to the grandparents everyone was dancing. The MC kept the party going and was constantly reading the crowd and knew just what to play so no one every excited the dance floor. I am so enjoying looking at the pictures of the reception and seeing the joy and fun on my guest's faces. I am totally looking forward to seeing the video so I can hear the band and relive the party over and over again. I would highly recommend them if you want your child's wedding to be the talk of the town.

Profile Picture Anne, 9/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

Booking the Philly Party Band was hands down the BEST decision we made for our wedding. The Band was easy to work with leading up to the wedding and then exceeded all expectations at our reception. My husband and I have never been to a wedding where so many people danced for the entire night, and we credit that to Philly Party Band. They did a great job of incorporating our song requests with the music they knew would keep things exciting and fun for everyone. They gave a great show. They even learned a new song for us after we picked a more obscure song for our first dance. When the night finally ended, our 200+ guests chanted for an encore and they delivered one more great number! We had initially debated getting a DJ to keep costs in check, but booking Philly Party Band was one thing I'm so glad we went for. They're worth every dime and made our wedding night something my husband and I (and many of our guests) will never forget. A huge thanks to the whole band for helping to make our night so absolutely spectacular. We'd recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture User2925775, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

The Philly Party Band was by far the highlight of our wedding! They worked very hard to make our first dance song perfect so that we could take dance lessons ahead of time.There was never a time during the evening when people were not dancing and having a blast! I was blown away by the range of their voices including Whitney Houston, Bocelli, & Frankie Valli. This is a very special band that will put your event over the top. We love you Philly Party Band!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/10/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

There were a lot of details that went in to our 175-person traditional wedding, but hiring the Philly Party Band turned out to be the #1 most important one - they absolutely MADE our day! They were so professional, did a great job reading the crowd, and delivered exactly what we were looking for! Everyone was on the dance floor ALL night. So many of our guests said that it was the best wedding band they had ever seen, and I agree! I highly recommend them, and can assure any bride and groom that by working with the Philly Party Band, they can relax and enjoy their day, letting the band do what they do best. My husband and I came home after our reception and said we wished we could throw another giant party so we can hire them again!

Profile Picture Melissa, 11/3/12, 1 Review
4.7

I was confident from the beginning and they did not disappoint! Dan worked with me on some song selections and even had the band practice my favorite song to play even though they hadn't performed it in a decade! The Philly Party Band could have gotten the most stubborn wallflower on the dance floor! Just amazing!

Profile Picture User2147702, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Awesome band. Great sound, singers, fantastic audience interaction. Made our dream wedding. Our guests danced the night away and raved about this band. Would highly recommend them.

Profile Picture User2645363, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

WE LOVED THE PHILLY PARTY BAND!!! Their musical talent, flexibility, and energy were nothing but amazing. Highly recommend for any celebration. A month after our wedding, and we are still receiving feedback and compliments about them.

Profile Picture Samantha, 6/2/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

The Philly Party Band just played at our wedding and they were fantastic! We couldn't have been happier with their performance. They played great music (oldies to top 40s), they were energetic, and they kept the guests happy and on the dance floor all night. We would definitely recommend them!

Profile Picture Kara, 11/12/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

They were great! Very responsive to communications before the wedding, great advice for timing with events during reception, very professional and fun, excellent musicians and entertainers! Everyone at the wedding loved and raved about them afterwards.

Thanks for helping make our day so great!

Profile Picture Brian, 7/29/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Band

The Philly Horn Band played at our March 26, 2011 wedding. They were wonderful and our guests loved them. I was a little worried because we weren't able to see them play or meet with them in person before since our wedding was in Baltimore but they assured me that they have been doing this for a long time and I was not disappointed. The only thing that sort of threw me off was they changed the schedule for the dances, etc we had made the day of the wedding but honestly their schedule was much better in the end.

Profile Picture Deirdre, 3/26/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

The Philly Party Band, formally the Philly Horn Band, was awesome! They played at my wedding on March 19, 2011 at Lucien's Manor. They were so easy to work with and they had everyone dancing the whole wedding. I highly recommend them! Your guests will be blown away, mine were!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 3/19/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

If you want your wedding guests to be talking about the great time that they had at your wedding for years to come, then book this band!!! The Philly Party Band made the reception and made the wedding!!!

Profile Picture Andrea, 12/31/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

You and your guests will be blown away with the Philly Horn Band! They are unbelievable! My dad was on the dance floor the entire night(and I've never seen him dance before!). They play a huge variety of music to please every crowd. The MC is excellent at reading the crowd and playing the right music. They also transition throughout the night starting with the oldies but goodies that every age loves and transitioning to newer music later in the evening when its the young crowd that is still up dancing. I can't even describe how happy I was with this band. They were worth every penny (I would have cut so much from my wedding before cutting the band). I highly reccomend this band to any bride who wants a memorable wedding with guests dancing all night long! You won't be disapointed! They also have an amazing set up with a multi colored LED black curtain which lights up and coordinates with the music....so awesome!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 11/13/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

We were so fortunate to have The Philly Horn Band play at our reception, they were fabulous, our guests were blown away. Thank you so much to Dan and the entire band for a wonderful evening.

Trish Kelly-Butler

Profile Picture Patricia, 10/16/10, 1 Review
Category: Band

The one single element of our wedding that people are still talking about 6 months later.

Profile Picture Benjamin, 9/25/10, 1 Review
Category: Band

We love the Philly Horn Band! They played our October 2009 wedding and could not have been better. The band sounded awesome! They played everything from Ricky Nelson to Lady Gaga and the music quality was outstanding. The band even helped us with the reception schedule in order to keep the party rocking. The MC was incredible! He was interactive with our guests and made our celebration special. We had so much fun and got so many complements from our guests. We would highly recommend them to everyone!

Profile Picture Molly, 10/3/09, 1 Review
Category: Band

WOW!!!!! There are NO WORDS to describe how phenomenal this band is. We booked them after they were at my mom's wedding and also did an amazing job. Somehow they seemed even better at my own wedding.. they just exceeded all of our already high expectations. I tried to explain the my friends in advance how unbelievably awesome they are, and no one quite believed me until they heard them play... it was all I heard about all night long. If you are at all on the fence about booking them, you have to go hear them play. The website doesn't do them justice. They are not just a band - they are true entertainers too in addition to being amazing musicians. My fiance was very money conscious and kept telling me he thought it was a waste of money for us to be having a band instead of a dj, and the entire night of the wedding he was just in shock about how wrong he was. This was, without a doubt, our best investment of the day... in fact they were probably worth double. No one could believe how amazing they were. They even took requests from guests.. they got EVERYONE out on the dance floor, old and young. I really believe that my wedding would not have been half as fun if we had anyone else in their place. I will be recommending them to everyone I know :)

Profile Picture Colleen, 7/4/09, 11 Reviews