Phillip's Flowers Reviews

Phillip's Flowers 5
Phillip's Flowers 6
Phillip's Flowers 7

Jane Ellen · Married on 12/27/2013

Phillips Florist in Wheaton, Illinois was excellent for our daughter and son in law's December 27,2013 wedding. St. Michael's Catholic Church was already decorated for Christmas therefore we did not need ceremony flowers. However, a white runner for the aisle was purchased and provided by the florist. The Danada House was also exquisitely decorated for Christmas. The wedding color theme was gold. Phillips did provide elegant 4" terra cotta pots spray painted gold with red poinsettia's and greens for the center pieces. Circle tables with white table cloths, gold runners, and gold napkins added to the elegance of the wedding celebration. The florist designed the bridesmaid bouquets and groomsmen boutonnieres exactly as we requested. White roses, red berries, a touch of evergreens tinted gold, and stems wrapped in gold ribbon were the perfect elegant nosegay size bridesmaid bouquet. Our daughter did not want a huge bridal bouquet and the florist designed a beautiful white rose bouquet the exact size of the bridesmaid and did not charge us a for a huge bride bouquet. We also chose not to have corsages, wristlets or roses for the mothers and grandmothers. Steve and James were excellent consultants and did not upsell us on flowers for the wedding. They were pleasant and cooperative and were a pleasure throughout the wedding planning.

Sent on 01/06/2014

Trish at Phillip's was amazing! The free consultation and free samples made the flower selection process so simple! Trish worked with me to stay within my budget, while still trying to incorporate all of my design ideas. She responded quickly to all of my emails and phone calls. Trish personally delivered our bridal bouquets to us on the wedding day, and they were better than I had ever imagined. The centerpieces at the reception made the room look magical! I couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Flowers were perfect. Everyone loved them

Sent on 10/16/2013

Katie · Married on 10/12/2013

Allison at the Hinsdale location did an AMAZING job on the flowers for our wedding. All of our guests raved about the centerpieces and the bridal party bouquets. I couldn't be happier with the service we got at Phillip's, and they were very reasonably priced compared to other area florists.

Sent on 10/18/2013

Cahryn · Married on 09/28/2013

Our experience with Phillips Flowers, and Pamela specifically, was great from beginning to end. We used her services for our September 2013 wedding and was thrilled with the end product. We met with Pam twice before the wedding to finalize what we wanted. On both occasions she was flexible but provided her expertise and direction in a way that made our planning and decisions easy. I left her with a photo of what we wanted the arrangements to look like and we could not have been happier. She made my bouquet, bridesmaids bouquets, several boutonnieres, 2 large arrangements that framed the ceremony site, and a few smaller arrangements for the aisles. We got other quotes for florists, but none were as efficient and reasonable as Pam. On the day prior to the ceremony, I called Pam in a semi-panic because I'd forgotten to ask her to deliver the bouquets and boutonnieres to the hotel instead of the venue in the morning. She called me back promptly and was happy to made this last minute change in the schedule.

Pam and her team arrived on time and had everything arranged on the morning of the ceremony (which was particularly notable since the ceremony started at 10:30am). They stuck around to move all the ceremony flowers up to our reception area. We got so many compliments on how amazing everything looked. It's over a week later and the flowers still look stunning in our home. I would recommend Phillips Flowers, and Pam specifically, to anyone in the Chicago area.

Sent on 10/06/2013

Nadine · Married on 09/20/2013

I LOVED this vendor.
    Excellent quality, GREAT value, PERFECT service and very easy to work with (and I am hard to please).

I planned my wedding remotely and Phillip was amazing. I plan alot of events, and he made me not worry about a THING

Sent on 09/24/2013

I had a great experience with Phillips flowers! When I met with for the initially consulation, I felt anxious because I didn't really know what I wanted. Between looking at my Pinterest page and seeing the actual flowers, I was steered in the right direction. I loved that they were able to create the arrangement right there so I could really envision it. My flowers came out beautifully on the wedding day. I paid more than I originally budgeted, but I have no regrets! It was worth it and the prices were comparable with other florists anyway. I was so impressed with the quality and it was better than I could have even dreamed!

Sent on 05/02/2014

Julianne · Married on 09/14/2013

Walter at the Westmont location did the flowers for my bridal shower as well as my wedding. Everything was perfect for both occasions. He truly cared about my input. At the same time, he made suggestions to reflect my vision while also taking into account the venue of the occasion. The quality of the flowers was amazing...the arrangements lasted over a week. I could not recommend him more for a wedding or any special occasion.

Sent on 10/14/2013
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 09/07/2013

We went with Phillip's, and had an amazing experience. They were super flexible and conscious of our budget, and always responsive to our requests/questions. Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/23/2013

I don't even know where to begin! My flowers were more than perfect! They were better than I could have even imagined! From the minute I walked into my appointment with Pamela she understood my style and my vision. I showed her a few pictures, told her my colors, and she just went with it! Everything was breathtaking, the bridal bouquet complete with a picture of my Grandmother sewn in, the bridesmaids bouquets, the boutineers, the centerpieces, the simple flowers for the aisle, all better than I imagined. Pamela also came up with this beautiful rustic piece for the card table. And the flowers and succulents she placed on the wedding cake were just perfect. I know I have used the word perfect a lot in this review, but there really is no other way to describe my flowers and my experience working with Pamela.

Sent on 12/02/2013

Karen · Married on 06/08/2013

Excellent! Alison was recommended to me by a friend and I am so thankful for that recommendation because the flowers were wonderful. The prices were quite standard for wedding flowers and she was great at working with both what I wanted and what I could afford! My one regret is that since we left on our Honeymoon the next morning I didn't get to enjoy my bouquet more!

Sent on 07/06/2013

Jeanne · Married on 05/04/2013

My daughter and I stopped in Phillip's to begin interviewing florists and were so impressed with Alison that we never looked anywhere else. Alison listened to what my daughter wanted and respected my budget, we were both happy with the results. The flowers were gorgeous! Alison had cautioned us that tulips would not hold up as well as some other flowers but these certainly did, in fact there is a lovely bridesmaid's bouquet on my table that still looks great four days later! Alison delivered exactly what she promised, when she promised, for the price she quoted and did it all with absolutely no drama, and trust me those are rare achievements among wedding vendors.

Sent on 05/08/2013

Dawn · Married on 05/04/2013

We used Phillip's flowers for our wedding and our flowers were beautiful. Pamela really understood the look I wanted and was spot on!

Sent on 05/31/2013

Eleanor · Married on 05/04/2013

Allison Kapa, the manager was extremely helpful with suggestions for the bride and bridesmaids' bouquets, as I did not know what I wanted. She suggested flowers in colors that would coordinate with the bridesmaids' dress color, with coordinated centerpieces for the reception. I appreciated her suggesting pretty faux pearl bracelets for wrist corsages for the mothers & special aunts of the bride & groom. Everything was delivered timely as promised. They are experienced at doing wedding flowers and will think of everything if you don't!

Sent on 07/05/2013

I loved our wedding flowers! Walter was a pleasure to work with, a real gentleman who had the same goal of beautiful flowers. I explained my "vision" to Walter and he easily hit it out of the ballpark. He really turned my vision into reality with special touches and really beautiful flowers. I loved my bouquet, each centerpiece, the boys flowers and everything. Phillip's made it really easy to have what I wanted and they were under bugdet. Never did I have to worry about the flowers they did everything I asked and more. Thank you so very much!

Sent on 01/03/2013

Gia · Married on 11/10/2012

What can I say about my florist? I could not have felt luckier to have Walter, Travis and the crew at Phillips on my wedding day team. Phillips recently opened a West Loop Chicago studio that is wonderful. We had discussed ideas prior to my visit and when I showed up, I almost cried. It was exactly what we had talked about. Multiple centerpieces, cocktail arrangements and bouquets all lay out in front of me. Walter and Travis are so incredibly personable and have an extreme passion for what they do. Their talent is mind blowing and they are just fun to be around and make the experience so enjoyable.
    If an idea they came up with was too pricy, we discussed a way to still get the vision but making the overall look more cost effective. They helped detail every inch of the day making me calm and relaxed knowing they had everything under control when the wedding arrived.

When I walked in the ceremony room I know I should have looked straight for the groom but I was overwhelmed with the sheer beauty of the space. They had transformed it into more than I could have ever asked for. The cocktail and reception rooms were also nothing short of spectacular. I cannot say enough about Walter, Travis and the entire Phillip’s Chicago experience. They are a must for any bride to have by her side!

Sent on 11/13/2012

Kim · Married on 11/03/2012

Walter is just amazing to work with and the day was just gorgeous and perfect because of Phillip's flowers

Sent on 05/13/2013

Megan · Married on 10/13/2012

The flowers I received were so beautiful. They did an outstanding job on my fresh flowers and my silk arrangements. My guests are still talking about them.
    We had a theme Mickey and Minnie, we had there Mickey ears veil and top hat design incorporated with our flowers.

Sent on 10/21/2012
  • Tricia

Tricia · Married on 10/05/2012

We were very happy with our flowers. Everyone I talked with was very responsive and easy to talk to. All questions/concerns were answered in a very timely manner and most importantly the flowers were beautiful. The quality of the flowers was also very impressive. Unfortunately the groom's boutonniere fell apart a little early in the evening but the the rest of the flowers really held up and a week after the wedding the toss bouquet is still alive and beautiful.

Sent on 10/14/2012
  • Tifanie

Tifanie · Married on 08/25/2012

I LOVED my wedding flowers. I can't believe what an amazing job they did! I worked with someone out of the westmont location. I went to their warehouse and we designed our flowers together with the help of Pamela. I got to choose the colors and flower types - they allowed me to walk around the warehouse and look at all of the props to figure out what I wanted. This was a much better experience than just flipping through a book and having to choose from some photos.

After I designed the arrangements that I wanted, I met with them prior to the wedding. They did a prototype of what everything will look like on the day of my wedding before I signed off on the contract. They understood EXACTLY what I wanted from the very beginning and their prices were pretty reasonable compared with other florists I had quoted.

On the day of the wedding, I received exactly what I was expecting. They delivered on time - no surprises, great quality flowers - professional service. Would definitely HIGHLY recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 11/19/2012
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 08/11/2012

I have truly enjoyed working with Phillip's Flowers for my wedding. I worked with Don from the beginning who was incredibly helpful when I was a bit indecisive. He brought in his experience and professional opinion to match my vision for what I wanted for my wedding. Don was the one to set up everything on the day of the wedding and I felt confident in the work he does. My bouquet was stunning, a collection of roses of different sizes ranging in the beautiful antique colors of ivory, champagne and peach. I did not want to put it down the whole night! The bridesmaid bouquets were vibrant and colorful, exactly what I envisioned for them. Don took it upon himself to enhance the altar area for the ceremony with petals that brought tears to my eyes when I walked down the aisle, it was a wonderful scene.

Sent on 09/07/2012

Helena · Married on 08/10/2012

Phillip's was absolutely wonderful to work with. We used the Naperville, IL location and worked with Nancy who was just fantastic. I was planning most of our wedding while living out of the country for school. Nancy and I chatted through e-mail and she gladly accepted pictures I sent her to explain what I wanted. She offered suggestions for us to stay within budget, really took the time to work with me and really gave us absolutely beautiful flowers. I can't say enough about how much I loved the bridesmaid's bouquets. My bridal bouquet was beautiful. They really were the best priced, very professional and helpful.

Sent on 09/06/2012

Michael · Married on 04/14/2012

We are thrilled to leave this positive review for Phillip’s Flowers in general, and designer Steve Bauer, in particular. Steve orchestrated the floral and dining room design for our middle daughter’s wedding reception at the Brookfield Zoo in February 2010; and most recently provided floral arrangement services for our youngest daughter’s wedding reception at Pazzo’s in Chicago, in April of this year. Based on our experiences we have ample reason for high praise.

Steve is a kind, friendly, and incredibly knowledgeable florist and floral designer. He knows his flowers well – color, fragrance, appearance, and availability – and knows how to work with the bride to make sure her vision is fulfilled while staying within budget. His knowledge, interest and imagination additionally allow him to make helpful and often unique suggestions which can serve to further enhance the final result. Steve meets with clients in the enormous Phillip’s Design Center in Rosemont where initial discussions are focused on choosing colors and flower types and defining the needs for bride/bridal party bouquets and church and reception venue decorations. Later in the planning, as the wedding date draws near, real examples of bouquets and centerpieces are exhibited for final approval. Steve’s team then works with the wedding planner, caterer, reception site, church, etc., to make sure everything is delivered on time and set up correctly on the day of the wedding. We could not have been happier with the end result in both of the weddings Steve serviced for us. His arrangements are tasteful and visually stunning and truly add to the festivities. The Brookfield Zoo reception was a particular challenge because the dining room itself is somewhat dark and architecturally uninteresting – but Steve used lighting and additional plant material to bring the room alive: the end result was gorgeous! Pazzo’s Wintergarden Atrium is beautiful to begin with, but Steve gilded the lily with crystal and clear glass vases, and the novel use of sliced fresh lemons to accentuate the elegant and lovely white and yellow flowers on display. Friends and family could not stop talking about how wonderful everything looked.

Our family cannot recommend Steve Bauer and Phillip’s Flowers too highly!

Sent on 05/10/2012
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 03/24/2012

My centerpieces were absolutely gorgeous! Phillip's Flowers did an excellent job on my bouquet as well. Once I selected Phillip's as my florist, I was able to meet with the florist to discuss my centerpiece ideas. I completely forgot to bring the photos of what I was interested in, but he knew exactly what I wanted based on what I described. We chose 3 different centerpieces and each one was as gorgeous as the next. They went to the reception hall hours before it began and set everything up, and came back after it was over to take all the rented items home. Everyone I dealt with was very nice and responded quickly. I would definitely recommend Phillip's!

Sent on 04/08/2012

Donna · Married on 01/14/2012

Outstanding, fabulous and amazing flowers and service with Becky and Philips Flowers Hinsdale.
    I was brought to tears at the work that Becky did with her team to make, "Our Winter Night" the most beautiful night ever. I could have never thought of the designs and work that Becky put into making this night for us. She was always open and willing to listen to our ideas but, what she did was took our ideas and made them FABULOUS..... Thank you Becky and Philips for making our day so special.
    Thankfully we found you, Donna and John