Philip Gabriel Photography Reviews

98 | Media, PA

98 Reviews for Philip Gabriel Photography

Leigh Ann · Married on 11/05/2011

Philip Gabriel Photography is awesome! We loved all of our engagement and wedding pictures. Monica, Gabe and G2 were so much fun to work with and our whole bridal party had a great time. Don't delay, because they book up fast!

Sent on 03/25/2012

Catherine · Married on 10/22/2011

We absolutely LOVE our engagement and wedding pictures, and we adore Gabe and had a blast working with him and his team. Our pictures were one of the most important parts of the wedding to my husband and me. We received two separate recommendations to use Philip Gabriel Photography, and when we called the studio to talk to Gabe, we clicked with him right away. Gabe and his team did everything possible to make sure we got incredible wedding pictures. Gabe recommended great locations for outdoor pictures, he had no qualms about lying down in the street to get the best possible shots of the hotel and our very large wedding party, and the team kept us on schedule and made sure we got all the pictures we wanted (and we wanted a lot of pictures). Gabe has an amazing eye and knows how to use natural light to get the very best shots. We have received so many compliments on our engagement and wedding pictures, and one of our other vendors told us that Philip Gabriel Photography is one of their favorite wedding photographers because they take consistently amazing shots. We would highly recommend using Philip Gabriel Photography.

Sent on 01/16/2012

Caitlyn · Married on 10/21/2011

Gabe, Gabe & Monica were a wonderful team. When I first met Gabe at his studio he made us feel welcome and very comfortable. He explained everything that was available and what we could expect. No question went unanswered, which had happened with other vendors I had met.
    The day of our wedding came and we were more than happy with the whole team. Gabe went out of his way to make my wedding day more than exceptional, in more ways than one. When we got our photos, we were speechless! I do have anything positive things to say about our experience! Thanks so much Gabe =)

alyson · Married on 07/09/2011

Simply amazing ...not only did our pictures turn out amamzing but everyone we worked with was the so nice...my guests love them also...highly recommend

Sent on 02/02/2012

Kelly · Married on 06/25/2011

Philip Gabriel captured our wedding beautifully. Gabe's pictures truely tell the love story of out wedding day. We cannot thank him enough for creating a memory still in time for us.

Jessica · Married on 06/18/2011

Gabe and Gabe are AMAZING! Seriously, anyone who is willing to lay down on Broad Street--in a suit--in 90 degree weather to get the "perfect shot" truly loves his craft. And it shows! These guys are artists, not merely photographers. The way that they use lighting and frame shots is really incredible. Multiple people have commented that our engagement photos look like they're "out of a fairy tale", and I am certain our wedding photos will be just as great. As if being incredibly talented wasn't enough, these guys are FUN! My husband can be camera-shy, but he felt completely comfortable with them. I couldn't imagine booking anyone else for this super-important job!

Sent on 07/10/2011

Kyle · Married on 06/04/2011

Our wedding pictures were incredible, and I can't imagine having hired anyone except Philip Gabriel. Both Gabes were wonderful to work with and had terrific suggestions as far as locations and poses to shoot. They made the formal pictures go quickley so we could enjoy the reception with our guests, and they made every moment special. I especially love how many of our wedding pictures aren't posed - the Gabes are skilled observers, and they captured us and our guests in true, honest moments. They will do anything to get a good shot - at one point Gabe was on the ground in the middle of Broad Street to get what turned out to be one of my faviorite pictures of the day. I've been to some weddings where the photographer is always in the way, obstructing the guests' views or taking something away from special moments. That's not the case with Philip Gabriel. The Gabes were so inconspicuois that I can't even remember seeing them during my receiption, but I know they were there because of the truely amazing pictures they took! Their pricing is a little higher than some other options, but it isn't unreasonable, and you get MORE than what you pay for with their presentation, picture quality, and laid back style. Your pictures last forever, and you can't go wrong entrusting that responsibility to Philip Gabriel.

• User2641993 · 2+ years ago

In a word…WOW!!! Working with Gabe Fredericks and his staff is incredible, and not only because of the spectacular images that this team will create for you. Though the memories that Philip Gabriel Photography will capture are sure to be fantastic, I wanted to comment on those things that can only be discovered after your wedding day has come and gone.

In addition to being a highly talented photographer, Gabe Fredericks is, simply put, magnificent when it comes to customer service. He was extremely accessible and extremely prompt in his advice and replies to any and all questions that I had. There were times when I wondered, quite literally, how it was even possible for any one person to be that on top of his email. It was almost as though he was simply waiting for emails to come through, when of course, nothing could be further from the truth…this is one very busy, highly in-demand photographer.

Given the numerous responsibilities that Gabe must have, not just as a photographer but also as owner, I was consistently impressed with his near-constant availability to us. This held true from our very first meeting, until our last beautiful images were delivered. Very rarely, in planning any event, have I had the absolute pleasure of working so directly with a business owner.

To top it all off, Gabe is truly one of the warmest, friendliest people I have ever been lucky enough to meet. This is a person who simply loves his job, and it shines through in every email, every meeting, and every sensational image that he and his team create!

Best of luck and happy planning!

Sent on 09/06/2012

Jill · Married on 01/16/2011

There is no wedding vendor I would recommend more than the one and only Gabe Fredericks of Philip Gabriel Photography. I honestly don't even know where to begin. When I found out I was engaged, I had researched many photographers, but Gabe Fredericks blew us all away with his amazingly warm personality, slideshow of absolutely stunning photos and bottom line, the willingness to work with us from beginning to end!

We were supposed to have gotten married on April 9th, 2011 but due to my mother-in-law's shocking diagnosis of stage four cancer in late August of 2010, we had to push our wedding forward. We were lucky enough to get a new date: Martin Luther King Junior's birthday weekend 2011. This month is known to be a quieter month in the wedding world, so Gabe had planned a vacation to Mexico this weekend. I was so devastated because I knew that my dream wedding was not going to happen in January- as I knew most of my vendors would not be available on such short notice. Gabe blew our entire family away when he chose to cancel his very own vacation and reschedule for a later date, just because he knew how important it was for us to have him be there to photograph our special day.

Gabe became a friend when we met for our first consultation, however when he rescheduled his already booked vacation for us, he became family, because he saw just how important the day was to us, with my mother-in-law being so sick and with the stress being at a level that none of us were prepared to deal with.

In addition to his willingness to do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING in his will to make sure that our wedding day was perfect! His go- with- the-flow, laid back, yet extremely warm and funny personality made our wedding photography experience the absolute best! I'll be honest I was worried initially that no photographer would ever make my husband warm up and smile, but Gabe did and he made it SO easy and SO comfortable!

I have already recommended Gabe to all of my friends who have recently gotten engaged and I will continue to tell this amazing story of hard work, dedication and willingness to go the extra mile! Thanks Philip Gabriel Photography for EVERYTHING including the most GORGEOUS wedding day photos that have blown us all away!

With Sincere Gratitude and Appreciation,
    The Kroll Family

Sent on 02/19/2012
  • Y

Yoko · Married on 08/30/2009

They are the BEST. Great people to work with and that's so important! These guys are talented and are passionate about what they do. You can see it in their work! The engagement session was so much fun and the wedding day was amazing! It was a blast working with them and of course all the photos turned out gorgeous! Prices may appear high but it's all worth it when you have amazing photos to keep for the rest of your lives! Thanks again gabes!

Sent on 05/05/2010

holly · Married on 09/14/2008

I was married Sept 14th 2008. My husband and I absolutely loved this father son team. I was so confident that my day was in good hands that I didn't hire a videographer!! Find the money in your budget! I truely have the most beautiful photos!!

From a bride to a bride they will make you feel and look beautiful!!!

Sent on 07/10/2010

Bridget · Married on 06/08/2008

WONDERFUL!!! They are the best of the best. I have nothing negative to say, they caught every perfect moment! You will not be dissapointed with them. They are the warmest people you could ever meet.

My In-laws hired them to do my Brother-in-laws wedding in New Orleans in June 09'

Sent on 10/14/2008

ethel · Married on 11/17/2007

I could not have asked for a better experience than working with Gabe and Phil. They made every part of the photography experience so pleasant. I was nervous because my husband is not a picture guy. Lets just say that all of our pictures were so amazing and natural and my husband did not have any anxiety throughout the whole day. Gabe and Phil are so entertaining, and were sure to capture every moment.

Sent on 02/03/2009

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2007

We are still getting compliments on not only the pictures but the photographers themselves. We are so happy to have found Phil and Gabe. We absolutely love these guys and the work they do!

Sent on 12/18/2008

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2007

Undoubtedly the most professional group we dealt with. I continue to use PhilipGabriel Photography even after the wedding .... we have built a relationship that will last a lifetime!

Sent on 12/26/2008

Elena · Married on 06/25/2005

Phil and Gabe Fredericks were the most fabulous and accomodating photographers at my wedding. The photos turned out great and they did everything my husband and I wanted.

Sent on 09/29/2008

Gabe, Olivia, and Monica were our wedding photographers and we cannot say enough about what a wonderful job they did! From the very start Gabe was so receptive to our requests. He could not have been easier to work with - such a nice guy with a great sense of humor. On the day of our wedding, Gabe and his team went above and beyond expectations to get us the very best shots. Some of my guests later told me that he was literally on his stomach on the floor of the church as I walked down the aisle, aiming to get the best picture! I cannot wait to see the photographs and would recommend Philip Gabriel to everyone.

Sent on 09/11/2014

Gary · event on: 05/19/2012

Philip Gabriel Photography produces excellent work and is easy to work with. They are capable of a full range of photographic styles from "standard" studio shots, very creative shots and incredible candids and journalistic shots. They are professional photographers who approached my event as a unique event and made sure they understood what I wanted from them.

During my event, the photographers were discrete. Even though they took an incredible amount of photos during my event, neither I nor my guests felt the photographers were in the way.

The only "downside" was that some many of the pictures were "keepers," it was hard not to buy them all.

If you're looking for an energetic, creative, fun photographer who will produce unique and special memories of your event, make sure you talk to Philip Gabriel and see their work.

Sent on 12/31/2012

Stephanie · Married on 10/05/2019

Worth the investment

I had a phenomenal experience working with Philip Gabriel. We worked with Gabe Cariola and team. When we were choosing a photographer, we of course compared the quality and style of the portfolio. However, what I underestimated was how integral your photographer is to planning the day and ensuring the day runs smoothly and on time. Gabe and his team were amazing making sure everything ran smoothly. They were super fun to have around and made us feel really comfortable. While I have only seen our preview shots, I think their portfolio speaks for itself. It is a material investment, but worth it in my opinion. We were very happy with our decision.

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • User5581975 · 2+ years ago

Although my wedding is not until August 6, 2016, I'd like to comment that our experience thus far and for our Engagement Photo's was PHENOMENAL! Gabe Cariola is a mastermind, and truly made the experience so much fun. We did our photos in Spring Lake, NJ, and he was running through the ocean water, bending in between bushes, and even laying in the MIDDLE of the street to capture our photos. It was such a blast! I also tend to be an email Nazi, and every email they answered with quick response and ease.

We cannot wait for our big day!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Suzanne · Married on 05/31/2008

Philip Gabriel took amazing photographs at our wedding. He was very responsive to all of our concerns and we received our photos on a webpage when we returned from our honeymoon. Definately check them out. The high cost is worth it.

Sent on 07/29/2008

David · Married on 06/29/2013

This is your photographer if you are looking for imagery that is both responsive to your personality and creative in terms of composition. We retain this group to record our daughter's wedding. The two photographers captured the spirit of the event as well as all the little things that happened from getting dressed. to the ceremony where not all the flower girls made it to the alter to the reception.

We couldn't be happier with the results from this gifted artist.

Sent on 09/26/2013

Samantha · Married on 09/07/2019

Wedding day shoot

Very creative and patient. Has a positive fun energy - great team to work with.

Sent on 07/04/2019