Philip Gabriel Photography Reviews

Philip Gabriel Photography 2
Philip Gabriel Photography 3
Philip Gabriel Photography 4

Kerri · Married on 06/24/2016

We could not have asked for a better photography team! We hit the jackpot with Philip Gabriel Photography. Every member of their team was absolutely incredible! It was amazing to meet Gabe at the beginning of our wedding planning process. Not many photographers take the time to sit down and talk with you before even booking them. He was so personable and easy to talk to, I knew we would work well together on our wedding day. Anya was absolutely fantastic corresponding with us throughout the entire planning process.
    On the day of our wedding we were lucky enough to have the all-star photography team of Gabe, G2, and Olivia! They were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! We had the best time with them all day long. They made us feel comfortable and at ease when taking all of our photographs. Our family and bridal party raved about how awesome all three of them were and how lucky we were to have them. Olivia hustled all day to keep the bride and groom looking fresh, while making our pictures perfect.

Thank you to Philip Gabriel Photography for capturing the best day of our lives. You did a fantastic job. Our pictures are truly perfect!

~Kerri & Steve Young

Sent on 08/16/2016

Sara · Married on 06/04/2016

Gabe2 was absolutely amazing and took the most gorgeous photos for our engagement shoot. He was familiar with my choice in locations and spent over two hours taking well over 1,000 photos! He even timed the session so we would have some amazing sunset silhouette photos. Everyone who has seen the online album has said they can't choose their favorite because each photo looks beautiful! My fiancé was nervous in front of the camera but Gabe2 soon had us laughing and relaxed and easily captured the wonderful moments between me and my man. I find myself going through all the photos and smiling because I am so happy with the result. Philip Gabriel is without a doubt the best, I HIGHLY recommend them and I cannot wait to see what they will do for the wedding day :)
    Update –I am so impressed with Philip Gabriel, the office is extremely responsive and I never have to wait for someone to answer an email. I swear they never take any time off! Our wedding photos were absolutely PERFECT! Gabe and his team were amazingly professional throughout the entire wedding day and truly did a phenomenal job! From one bride to another, you must remember - these photographs are going to last you for the rest of your life. You want these images to reflect more than a smile and a pretty dress, you want them to capture the priceless emotions that come with your magical day. Philip Gabriel and his team don't just take pictures, they capture the beauty and heart of the moment. As I looked at each image I was able to relive the joy and excitement from that amazing day. I saw how my husband and I laughed together, our stunning venue, the expressions on the faces on my closest friends and family and the happiness that all felt throughout the party. I was incredibly moved by PG’s talent and their ability to use light, positioning and so much more to create a remarkable memory. Thank you to Gabe and everyone that dedicated so much time and thought to create the perfect pictures!

Sent on 02/24/2016

Laura · Married on 06/04/2016

Gabe and his team were so great throughout the entire process. From having our engagement photoshoot with him to making our wedding day so special and unforgettable! They made our wedding day so much fun and stress free! I highly recommend him for any event you are wishing to capture. Thanks again Gabe and team! :)

<3 Laura and Alec

Sent on 12/08/2016

Sawyer · Married on 05/28/2016

You can stop looking for your photographer now because Gabe and his team are literally the best. First of all, I'm one to do a TON of research on everything and anything before I book/buy and second, I never write reviews - so enough said. I didn't believe it when Gabe told me he would make my very unphotogenic husband and I look good - well, he was right. The photos turned out AMAZING - and my friends and family won't stop raving as well. The team is so professional, so creative, so helpful, really just all around fantastic. You won't regret it - book them ASAP!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Megan · Married on 04/17/2016

You can't go wrong with Gabe and his staff! He is so incredibly talented and fun at the same time! His photographs speak for themselves but his personality made our wedding day extra special! He kept us relaxed, smiling and laughing all day long! What a pleasure! I could go on and on, they truly went above and beyond!!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Jaclyn · Married on 04/16/2016

Extremely happy with Philip Gabriel Photography! Gabe #2 and his team were so great to work with. They made me laugh and feel at ease, which was much appreciated on such a nerve-filled day! They were very organized and time-efficient throughout the day, especially with all of the group pictures (wedding party, families, etc.), yet they didn't hurry us along. They made sure we were comfortable and got all of the pictures/shots we wanted. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves while taking pictures. Thank you so much, Gabe!!

Sent on 05/01/2016

We recently were married at the end of October this past year and used Philip Gabriel for our wedding photographer. Gabe and Anya were and amazing team to work with from day one of planning our wedding. In the coming months and weeks leading up to the wedding the Philip Gabriel team was always easy to get a hold of any time of day if I had a question or needed something. They were courteous and seriously so much fun to work with. On the day of the wedding they arrived on time and always made taking photos fun for our entire bridal party. As the bride they always made me feel at ease even though we were on a timeline with out photo shoot after the ceremony. Anya was always at my side to fix my hair or veil if it was blowing in the wind the wrong way and I honestly had SO much fun running around the city with my bridal party and husband after the ceremony to get some awesome historic and meaningful shots! My husband is in the Air Force and our wedding was a full military service wedding, complete with military uniforms and the saber arch after the ceremony. Philip Gabriel captured every detail down to my husbands wings that were pinned on his military service dress. These little details mean everything to me and I really appreciate the time they took to look for these fine details and know how special they were to our families and us. Now, after seeing our wedding album and all the amazing images they took I cannot say enough great things about Gabe and his crew! If you want your special day to be captured by only the best, pick Philip Gabriel Photography!!!

Sent on 01/07/2016

erica · Married on 10/17/2015

There are no words to describe how wonderful it was to work with Gabe and his team. Gabe did my engagement and wedding photos. From day one, he was so easy to work with and get a hold of. He also had great advice and recommendations for other vendors. In the months leading up to the wedding, Gabe helped to put my mind at ease. As the bride, you have so many different things to think about and the wedding day itself is a whirlwind. However, Gabe made sure our day stayed on track and that everything went smooth. It was truly a pleasure to work with Gabe. He made everyone feel so comfortable and his pictures are amazing. I looking forward to working with Gabe and his team again in the future.

Sent on 02/16/2016

Lauren · Married on 09/11/2015

Philip Gabriel Photography is the best!! Aside from the venue, photography was one of our most important decisions to be made for planning our wedding, and we couldn't be happier that we went with Philip Gabriel! The shots taken from the entire wedding day are absolutely incredible, and they truly captured the day through our eyes. The entire team is just amazing! Gabe Fredericks dominated the day, making sure he got every picture that we wanted and capturing it in the best way possible; he is so unbelievably talented in what he does, and you can put so much trust in him to make sure everything gets done. Gabe did an excellent job managing our large family and bridal party. We even had our 7 nieces and nephews (ranging from 8 months to 5 years) with us during the day, and Gabe managed to get the most breathtaking and memorable shots of all of them. I remember thinking multiple time throughout the day, "thank god for Gabe!" Olivia (Gabe's assistant throughout the day), was an enormous help with everything; I had a very long train on my dress and veil, so having her help with pictures and walking throughout the city was amazing. Gabe Cariola (Gabe's associate photographer) worked with my husband and the groomsmen before we all got together, and I loved seeing these pictures! They were all shot so well and had such a natural/candid feel to them. Overall, this team gets the best job done, and I'm so thankful that we were able to have them as our photographers for our wedding day. Though it's something to budget for, they are definitely worth their weight in gold!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Sara · Married on 05/30/2015

We cannot say enough good things about Gabe Fredericks and the entire PG team! He photographed our wedding at the Four Seasons last May and our pictures came out absolutely stunning. He knew just where to go around the hotel to get the perfect shots with the best lighting. And he risked nothing for the perfect photo — even getting down on his stomach in the grass several times! Gabe was wonderful to work with in the planning stage and always incredibly easy to communicate with. We would wholeheartedly recommend Philip Gabriel Photography to anyone looking for an amazing wedding photographer in the Philly area!!

Sent on 03/06/2016

Nicole · Married on 04/04/2015

Gabe and Gabe 2 were amazing!! From the first time we met With Gabe we knew he would be our photographer. Conversation was easy and he made the whole experience comfortable! The day of the wedding the both just made it an awesome experience! At the reception the were everywhere getting all different poses and were holding our Go Pro for the Congo line- it was great! Their assistant Amber was great as well. She was crawling on the ground making sure my dress stayed down and looked amazing since it was so windy! All three were so committed to their different roles in the pictures. We haven't gotten out pictures back yet but I can't wait to see them!!! Absolutely recommend for other weddings!

Sent on 04/25/2015

My husband and I just got our wedding photos back from Gabe last night, and they are AMAZING!! Looking through them was like re-living the wedding … PRICELESS! We LOVE them! I can't say enough about how wonderful Gabe and his staff are. From start to finish, it was such a pleasure working with them - they are true professionals!

My husband and I had the best time during our “first look” photo shoot and then of course with our wedding party (of 20 people!) on Broad Street in Center City Philadelphia. We had a very large wedding, and Gabe and his team were kind enough to stay late at the reception to get pictures of all of the (many, many) friends and family that were there!

A huge heartfelt thank you to Philip Gabriel Photography! I would recommend them a million times over to anyone!

Sent on 04/17/2015

Lauren · Married on 02/14/2015

Gabe and his team are the best around and I would highly recommend them to anyone that is looking for an amazing team to capture their day! They were punctual, super attentive and did everything they could to capture the perfect shot. They have a true artful style and Gabe is the nicest guy around. His awesome personality is also what makes him the perfect choice for your day. Jeff was also amazing and really captured some of the best shots at the grooms house. He even went as far as laying on the ground the the wet snow capture some shots for us. Anya, Gabe's Assistant is also the best and we extremely helpful all day. I would highly recommend them to capture your special day. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Kelly · Married on 12/20/2014

My husband and I cannot say enough about how much we loved working with Gabe, Anya, and the rest if the PG team. We had so much with them on the wedding day and we cannot wait to see the pictures!! My dad is still talking about how much he loved Gabe. I think he wants to be friends with him!! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Superb! From the 1st meeting with Gabriel, it was evident that he was not only personable and thoughtful, but that he was the consummate professional. He was gracious both in his manner and in his time, carefully explaining the various packages and accommodating some of our requests and allowing us to custom make a package that suited our needs. My daughter lives in DC, and I had some medical issues, but Gabe was boundless in his time and patience in order to work with our complicated schedules. He also spent time interviewing the bride and groom to gain insight into their personalities, and used this insight to provide them with the photos they wanted and felt comfortable taking. I would be remiss if I did not mention that my daughter and I often called on Gabe to mediate between us during the usual pre-wedding fears and conflicts associated with this wonderful but occasionally stressful day. His wisdom and experience helped us get through a couple of rough patches. On the day of the wedding, once again Gabe proved to be the photographer extraordinaire. He captured everything we wanted with astounding expertise, creativity, and artistry. He took a range of photographs from the beginning to the end of the wedding, from the application of my daughter’s make up to the last dance. And it is impossible to narrow our choices for the album because every photo is a “keeper.” Both the candids and the posed photos are outstanding. His staff is also terrific, all of whom maintain unstinting patience given the necessity to capture everyone and everything in such a limited time span. All of this done without producing photographs which appear either corny or contrived. Most of all, we really, really like Gabe. In addition to being a superb photographer, he also is the nicest, most sincere, and most wonderful guy. My daughter says the most common complaint among her friends is that their photographer neglected to get any number of critical shots. We got everything & more.

Sent on 01/02/2015

Alison · Married on 09/12/2014

Gabe was one of the best choices I made in the entire wedding planning process. He is truly trained in the art of photography and is a professional in every sense of the word when it comes to running his business and executing on wedding day. I woke up the day after my wedding thinking how happy I was with my photographer choice.
    I shopped a lot of photographers initially placing a lot of importance on the photos as this is what you take with you in the years ahead. Gabe was more expensive then I had budgeted to spend but I stretched and booked him anyway because I knew he would be just that good. He is trained in photography so knows how to utilize light and backgrounds to frame your photos. He is relaxed and fun and quick.. everyone felt comfortable, a lot of joking around on wedding day to allow for true smiles and relaxed poses. He is unobtrusive, provides helpful direction during the shots, is great at capturing the candid moments, and executed out shot list completely.
    My wedding day was very logistically busy, many locations with driving up to an hour inbetween. He pretty much ran my day as if he was my coordinator... showed up on time, made sure we left each location at the exact time I wanted to, got every shot in each location I wanted, and continuously checked in with me to let me know the time, schedule and plan. I was completely stress free! Any ad hoc photos we or family members wanted him and his partner Gabe #2 took care of easily. They were both so fun and it was great to have them both available during the getting ready process to capture both the bride and groom sides. Gabe also had an assistant that day who was helpful in prepping shots and holding my dress!
    Ultimately, when the photos came in we were speechless, and that is how you should feel. Everyone commented on how it looked like we belonged in a magazine. Just stunning, I didn't even have any self criticism they were just that good! Thank you for the memories!

Sent on 11/25/2014

Gabe and G2---A huge thank you to you and your team! You were so incredibly easy to work with--since I planned a wedding out of state I can't tell you how much that was appreciated. There was never a doubt in my mind..I knew it would be perfect.
    Your work is absolutely amazing---from capturing the little details, the posed shots , the creative shots and the candid shots ..we are so very excited to see the final product . Thank you for going that extra mile--laying on the ground(ok so maybe that's your nap time(ha!), helping to capture pictures with crying babies , being so flexible and patient, for being FUN and creative and for allowing us to fully trust you to capture our day. A picture can say 1000 words and I just know your pictures will tell the story of our wedding day for many many years to come..I will never be able to thank you enough .

I will be sure to recommend you to any future bride!

Sent on 08/22/2014

Kristin · Married on 08/01/2014

I would recommend Philip Gabriel Photography to anyone looking for an amazingly talented photography staff with tons of energy, positive attitude, and creative eye. My husband and I recently were married at Saint Augustine's Church in Philadelphia and had our wedding reception at Vie, one of Cescaphe's venues. It was raining on and off that day and difficult conditons one would seemingly think for great photogrpahy. Our photographer Gabe came prepared with umbrellas for my husband and I to take the photos we wanted through washington square and even got down laying face down on the wet ground just so he could capture certain angles of my husband and I walking through the park together as newly weds. We are two people that are never great at showing affection in public but Gabe had a way to keep us fully relaxed and be ourselves the entire time to really have fun with the whole photo experience and take fun natural shots outside together. He also late night took pictures of us on Broad Street with the city lights that was amazing and was willing to direct traffic around us just so he could capture the best angle of us. His abillity to coordinate a large bridal party of 18 people, my husband and I and our family members was amazing!!! He worked fast but professionally and everyone was enjoying his jokes and abillity to have fun with taking great photography. He also took us to City Hall to capture more fun shots together with our bridal party. If I ever have to hire a photographer there is no one else I would ever use but Philip Gabriel Photography- Specifically Gabe Fredericks and his team!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Caitlin · Married on 06/14/2014

After doing a lot of research on different photographers in the area we worn torn between two, but the minute we met with Gabe (G2) our decision was made! Of course the team at Philip Gabriel's work is amazing as anyone can see from their website, but they are an absolute pleasure to work with and very experienced! Gabe definitely knows how to work a wedding and his knowledge of the local area is so helpful - we put all of our confidence in him to do what he does best and didn't have to worry a bit. Getting photographed can be uncomfortable at times for sure, but Gabe did an awesome job putting us at ease and making us laugh. He also works quickly and kept us on time, but made sure to get the shots that were important to us. Jeff and Anya were awesome too. We didn't notice the team at all throughout the day - they blended right in and were able to capture our candid moments without making themselves the center of attention!

We absolutely love our photos and would recommend this team to any bride for whom having an amazing photographer is a priority!

Sent on 08/19/2014

Philip Gabriel Photography has been an absolute pleasure to work with!!!

Going back a year+, when I first saw their images online, I absolutely fell in love with their style! Knowing we wanted to use them right off the bat, we booked over a year in advance. At our first meeting with Gabe, he immediately set the tone for a high level of professionalism and customer satisfaction. There were many phone calls between booking, our engagement photos (which came out amazing!), and the actual wedding day. Anya did a fantastic job keeping on top of all my questions (and there were many of them) and Gabe always returned my calls in a timely fashion. Furthermore, because we valued Gabe's caliber of work and work ethic so much, we often asked for his recommendations on other vendors...never once were we disappointed!! I often joked with Gabe that we had put together Gabe's dream team. All kidding aside though, our day would not have been as amazing as it was without each of those vendors. On the day of the wedding, Gabe, Gabe, and Anya showed up to my hotel room. They worked wonderfully with the videographer and started capturing the bridal prep without being invasive or needing guidance. Most of the time, I hardly realized they were in the room! This was also the case for both the ceremony and the reception. Our guests were not distracted by large cameras swarming us or them. In fact, many of our guests told us how much they appreciated that!

Last and certainly not least, Gabe 2 did a fantastic job rounding up family members for formal photos, helping us to stay on time, while Anya thankfully brought some clear umbrellas with her, which came in handy during a rain shower!

The Philip Gabriel photography crew was hardly just a vendor to us. As they captured one of the most important days of our lives, we truly felt that they were part of our family! We are really looking forward to seeing our images! A job well done Philip Gabriel photography!!!

Rachel and Joe

Sent on 05/16/2014

samantha · Married on 05/03/2014

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Gabe and his team! I was planning my wedding from California and did not get to meet Gabe and Anya in person until the day of my wedding. We immediately clicked and they helped to ease my nerves by keeping things light and making us laugh the whole day! Their energy is contagious, the professionalism is second to none and their results are the best I have EVER seen! Many of my friends told me I would probably dislike 90% of my picture but be able to find enough great shots to make an album (based on their experiences with other photographers). I must say, I love EVERY SINGLE PICTURE that Gabe took! The angles, the poses and the back drops he picked were pure perfection. Your wedding goes by in a flash so your memories turly rest on the shoulders of your photographer and thanks to Gabe I will have the most beautiful pictures to covet for years to come.

Sent on 07/26/2014

Sara · Married on 04/12/2014

Words cannot describe how amazing it was to work with Philip Gabriel Photography! They helped capture every moment of our wedding and we will cherish the photographs forever. We had a team of 3 amazing people, I have to give a personal shout out to Anya who was better than the venue bridal assistant. She held my lip gloss, was constantly fighting to keep my veil out of my way, she went above and beyond and I was so appreciative of that. We got our preview images quickly both online and the 4x6. We interviewed 5-6 photographers, Philip Gabriel happened to be the first one and none of the others came close to offering what they did...world class service!

Everything we asked for they provided, truly the best vendor of our wedding! If you are getting married, or even just want to do photographs of your family these guys are the best! We will be going back to them for any professional photos we need!

Sent on 11/14/2014

We would highly recommend using them! We loved everything about them!! They were incredible- very personable, very professional and overall amazing to work with! They made the entire process as smooth as can be. Gabe 2 was our photographer and we absolutely loved him!! We have recommended Philip Gabriel Photography to all of our friends that have gotten engaged!

Sent on 05/22/2014

Debra · Married on 09/01/2013

From our first meeting with Gabe- known as G2- we felt very comfortable to call and ask him for any guidance that we needed in planning for engagement and wedding photos. On the day of the wedding he was patient and calming as he proceeded with the photos throughout the afternoon. He took pains to be sure that he did not miss any photos that were important to either family. The bride and groom said that he was great with the bridal party shoot as well.

Sent on 09/04/2013

Alison · Married on 03/09/2013

Gabe and his team are wonderful photographers and they are also wonderful people. The entire experience of working with them was delightful. We bonded with Gabe immediately and with each meeting our familiarity and friendship grew. We absolutely made the right choice in hiring them!

Sent on 05/21/2014