Philadelphia Funk Authority Reviews

142 | Hatboro, PA

142 Reviews for Philadelphia Funk Authority

Marianne · Married on 07/30/2011

Philly Funk exceeded our expectations in every way. They were very easy to work with and incredibly responsive leading up to the wedding, and the day of they arrived early and ran the event superbly. Most importantly though, they totally rocked and kept everyone up all night - and not in a cheesy way. Everyone had a great time and still weeks later, people continue to rave about the band. Everyone. Their repertoire goes way beyond the standard wedding band, and they are really talented and fun. Probably the vender that I would recommend the most from our wedding. They rock!

We hired Philly Funk based on a recommendation from a family friend who knows good music.

Sent on 08/18/2011

Jillian · Married on 07/01/2011

Our wedding was the biggest success and we have the Philadelphia Funk Authority to thank! Our first dance was "Surfer Girl" by the Beach Boys. The band learned this song just for us, and it was PERFECT. My father and I danced to "You Make Me Feel Brand New" by the Stylistics (another special request), and honestly, it was like they had played that song thousands of times. We tried to make our rounds at each table and thank our guests for coming, but the tables were empty, because everyone was on the dance floor. The introductions were spot on and carried the most exciting vibe. We felt like celebrities when we were introduced as husband and wife, and throughout the rest of the night. The Philadelphia Funk Authority really brought the party. The music was hitting everybody's spot, young and old. There were people on the dance floor that don't even dance.

When planning our wedding I had a specific vision of what I wanted it to be, but everything from the ceremony (Philly Funk) to the reception (Philly Funk) exceeded my vision. We had not a care in the world, just the time of our lives.

After the party, people couldn't stop talking about how amazing the band was and how it was the best wedding that they had ever been to. We even got cards in the mail from guests thanking US for a wonderful night and the incredible music, no lie. I wish we could have extended it another hour or two.

If you're looking for the most professional, most detail oriented, and most talented band around, Philly Funk is the band for you.

Sent on 10/22/2011

Shannon · Married on 06/18/2011

The Philadelphia Funk Authority performed at our June 18th wedding and was Phenomenal!!!! Gary and Andy were very responsive and helpful. Our guests did not sit down and could not stop talking about how great the music was :) We highly recommend this band.

Sent on 07/19/2011
  • wendy

Wendy · Married on 05/13/2011

PFA was the greatest choice we could have made for your weeding. They were wonderful. We have heard them play many times and we knew that they would be good, but EVERYONE loved the wedding band !!!!!! The traveled, the lookeded greaat, sounded better and made for a wonderful wedding..... Now everytherytime we asee them play, it brings back great memories...... Simply the Best !!!!!!

Sent on 09/11/2011

Dara · Married on 11/13/2010

Brides and grooms, don't miss this opportunity to get the very BEST band for your wedding. It's been 3 months since our wedding and people are still commenting on how great our band was! They really made our wedding fun and exciting and there was not a dull moment throughout the night! Also, the communication with Gary was more than expected. Each time I had a question or concern, he would either call or email me and discuss things with me. I knew that when the day of the wedding came, things were under control because he promised me he would take care of things and that's exactly what he did! I saw this band years ago at a bar in Manayunk and I knew that one day they would play at my wedding. I loved them way back then! So, here it is, many many years later...they played at my wedding and they sound even better than they sounded years ago! Truly an amazing band...they sound good, their musical choices are excellent, and when I wanted my own songs to play, they were able to learn them and play them for me at the wedding! Plus, did I mention how nice they all are!? They were so kind to us and our family and friends, and it is something I will never ever forget. They made my wedding a day I will never ever forget. I LOVE THE PHILADELPHIA FUNK AUTHORITY!

Sent on 02/16/2011

Dan · Married on 10/10/2010

All anyone could talk about was how good the band was. Philly Funk rocked the house. They were so much fun. Without a doubt the best decision we made was hiring them.

Sent on 11/28/2010

Matthew · Married on 10/02/2010

Our wedding was on October 2, 2010 at The Manor in West Orange, NJ. The level of talent this band has is extraordinary. They are truely professional musicians at the highest level. They made our day very special. Their repertoire is outstanding. We would highly recommend this band to any bride and groom. See any band you want but be sure to look at these guys last. They'll change your mind about what you think a wedding band should be...
    Matt & Heather

Eric · Married on 07/04/2010

Philly Funk Authority are absolutely wonderful.

They're unbelievably talented: Our family knows wedding bands very well (our sister-in-law worked for year booking bands for corporate events), and they are by far the best we've seen.

They're tons of fun: They have a great sense of their audience and got everybody (even those of our guests we wouldn't expect) up and dancing, having a great time. They played all the right songs at all the right times, keeping the event flowing smoothly.

They're consummate professionals: Gary (the band leader) went above-and-beyond our expectations to make sure that nothing was left to chance. He scheduled multiple phone calls and meetings with us (at our convenience, of course) to discuss our preferences. He took two separate visits to our venue to scope out the space and understand any issues (acoustic, etc.) that he may need to resolve, coordinating with our venue's event planner so that the two of them could work together to plan out the night's schedule.

We are so happy that we chose the Philadelphia Funk Authority. Planning a wedding can be both stressful and exhilarating, and Philly Funk definitely limited the former and doubled-down on the latter. We whole-heartedly recommend them.

-Megan and Eric, July 2010

Sent on 11/20/2010

Ginger · Married on 07/02/2010

Philly Funk Authority was phenomenal!!! We were given several band suggestions from our wedding planner, but Philly Funk was an easy choice after we saw them perform just two songs at a local venue. Beyond being amazing performers, the band was very easy to work with both in the planning stages and on the actual wedding day. We have received many complements from guests about our wedding band, several of our guests have even become Philly Funk followers and have gone to see them many more times since our wedding! We are truly thankful for the wonderful experience provided by the Philadelphia Funk Authority!

Sent on 12/28/2010

Abigail · Married on 06/05/2010

We recommend Philly funk without reservation! My friend had them play her wedding a few years before and I remembered everyone having a fun time and dancing. The same was true of ours. They do a terrific job of getting the energy up in the room, and the music is just great. The dance floor was packed with people of all ages. The music is fun but not generic-sounding. The band learned the songs we wanted for the first dance and parent dances, and we were really satisfied.

Sue · Married on 05/08/2010

We can't say enough good about the band that played at our wedding. We were pleased with their professionalism, quick responses and their performance the night of the wedding. I had heard them play at a previous wedding and knew that I wanted them for my own. They kept the night fun as well as organized, and I trusted them to their experience. A suggestion from Gary was that we start the night off with a few party songs so that guests would be able to get up and dance from the start. This worked so well and set the stage for the rest of the evening. We had so many compliments about the music, and of course the vocalists had great voices to carry the songs we love to hear. I would recommend them to anyone!

Anne · Married on 10/31/2009

The Philadelphia Funk Authority was absolutely one of the highlights of our wedding. During the planning stages, the band was friendly, helpful, and receptive, and provided us with a lot of guidance while honoring our taste and preferences. On the night of, they were punctual and quick to set up-- this is a band that knows what they're doing.

Most importantly, the Philly Funk Authority knows how to run a party. They played lovely music for the ceremony and perfect low-key cocktail and dinner music. Then they really kicked it up-- their music had everyone on the dance floor all night. They played a good mix of current songs and old favorites and kept the energy high.

Bottom line: I can't recommend the Philly Funk Authority highly enough. At least 3 people at the wedding asked for referrals for their own weddings, and countless others reported that it was the best wedding band they'd ever heard. Do yourself a favor, hire this band. You won't regret it.

Sent on 11/15/2010

Patrick · Married on 10/16/2009

I would recommend (and already have to a few friends) Philly Funk Authority to anyone looking for a great band to play their wedding or event. I received their CD from a venue we were looking at to have our wedding. While listening to the CD on the way home, we knew our search was over. The excellent musicianship, the song selection and the amazing repertoire had us hooked from the start. Once we contacted them, it became even more apparent we had something special. Gary was amazing from the start- he took the time to answer all of our questions, send us all the information we needed and made sure we were comfortable with everything. Once the wedding grew nearer, he double and triple-checked everything with us to make sure the event was perfect. And was it ever! The dance floor was packed the whole night, and our friends said it was one of the rowdiest, funnest weddings they'd ever been to. That's exactly how we wanted it. The band was even able to learn a song for me to sing to my wife. If you want to have a great band at you wedding, hire Philadelphia Funk Authority!

Mark · Married on 10/03/2009

After a frustrating search of overpriced underperforming bands, we were very excited when we received a recommendation to check out Philadelphia Funk Authority. It didn't take long for us to realize that not only was this group very talented musically, but they also had tremendous experience with weddings and event planning. From the initial conversations over the phone, the wedding started to really take shape as to how it would look, feel, and sound, and much of the planning nerves and headaches went out the window. One thing that stands out is the level of flexibility we were given: timing, size, space, instruments, song selection, ect...they gave us the options, let us know what work well in the past, and ultimately left the decisions up to us. We took their advice for the most part which turned out to be a wise decision. I have been to alot of weddings, I have never seen a band generate the kind of energy PFA does. The dance floor was packed and people were truly enjoying themselves and the music. The vocals were awesome, and the balance of slow and fast songs was perfect. They also did a great job MCing and keeping the reception on schedule. We asked them to perform a song not listed in their catalog for our first dance and they nailed it...better than the original. The things that stand out the most was the willingness and dedication to work with us, the high quality music, and the fact that every person at the reception made a point to tell me how much they loved this band. I can’t say enough.

Jen · Married on 06/21/2009

Philly Funk Authority exceeded our expectations - our wedding was a non-stop dance party because of the talented musicians, the range of songs played, and the energy Philly Funk brought to the reception. Working together over a few phone calls prior to our wedding, Philly Funk understood exactly who we were as a couple, the type of music we love, and then combined those factors into their incredible musical style to make our wedding the best ever. They even learned two new songs for our wedding on short notice, and they sounded phenomenal. Philly Funk is not a typical wedding band- they are friends with eachother and are passionate about playing music to make people happy. I can not recommend them enough!!

Sent on 12/08/2010

Alexis · Married on 11/28/2008

Philly Funk Authority is the best band in the Philadelphia area! They were easy to deal with on all ends--from song choices, to first dance music and even the "do not play" list. They were professional, respectful, and EXTREMELY reasonable when it comes to price! As the saying goes "you get what you pay for"--WE GOT EVERYTHING WE PAID FOR AND MORE!!! Our wedding would not have been nearly as wonderful without Philly Funk. They kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night. We can honestly say, our wedding day was complete with Philly Funk as our band! Any bride and groom would be LUCKY to have Philly Funk as part of their special day. We still feel like the luckiest couple in the world!

Lisa · Married on 10/11/2008

They had the crowd dancing from begining to end. Worth every penny!

Bill · Married on 11/17/2007

They were the highlight of our wedding -- terrific, energetic musicians, easy to work with, completely professional yet fun as could be. Our wedding turned into a dance party because of the Philadelphia Funk Authority. Our music was very important to us, and we made the right choice.

Bill and Becky Gullan, married 11/17/07

Jennifer · Married on 10/22/2007

They were awesome. They had everyone up dancing all night long. The band was great to work with and made sure nothing was missing and had great suggestions.

Sent on 10/03/2008

Ted · Married on 09/29/2007

The Philly Funk Authority has become our family party band. We hired them for our wedding in 2007 and when I was throwing a surprise birthday party for my wife last year, I knew there was only one band for the occasion. For both events we wanted to make sure that when the band was playing everyone in the building was dancing and man did the Funk Authority ever deliver on that! My favorite thing about the band is that they play like a band (not an ensemble of musical mercenaries) and they clearly love playing the music as much as we love dancing to it. They are very accommodative and flexible on all sorts of levels: they were willing to customize instrumentation for us as well as learn new songs and flow with the various interludes of both evenings. This is the best wedding/party band I've ever heard and I couldn't recommend them strongly enough.

Sent on 01/10/2011

Brian · Married on 10/07/2006

These guys were very professional all through the process. They were very involved in the planning right from the beginning, and even worked ahead of time with people running the reception hall, the caterers, etc... So everything was well thought out, and ran very smoothly at the reception.

They took the time to learn our first dance and father/daughter dance songs.

Our guests - both young and old - were on the dance floor all night! We had so many people tell us how impressed they were with the band.

If you have any doubts, try to go see these guys at one of their shows. Their singing and musicianship is first rate. Very high energy level. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/13/2010

Heather · Married on 07/29/2006

My best vendor!!!! They totally brought the house down. They were amazing in every way!!! WE LOVED THEM!!! Total professionals, amazing singers, made my wedding!!

Sent on 03/27/2008

Shannon · Married on 06/11/2006

If you want to dance your heart out to excellent music, choose Philly Funk. We had the time of our lives at our wedding and it was because of this band and, of course, our fun friends and family. :-) Seriously, if you want to shake it on the dance floor and have everyone up dancing, book these guys!

Sent on 11/24/2010

Alexis · Married on 10/21/2005

What an awesome, eclectic group of musicians! We heard compliments about the music at our wedding for years to come. The band truly knows how to get people on the dance floor and show them a good time. So many of our guests told us that our reception was so much fun and I credit Philly Funk for keeping the music and momentum going until the very last song. We also used the band for our wedding ceremony (where they put together a terrific Beatles medley at our request) and at our cocktail hour, where they played some great jazz music and set the mood for the rest of the wedding. They're very professional to deal with and really delivered on our wedding day. Go see them at one of their live shows and I dare you not to book them. Such a fabulous band!

Nicole · Married on 09/02/2005

Best Wedding Band Ever!!! Philly Funk will keep your party going all night long. They will truly make your wedding amazing with memories that will last a lifetime!!! To this day our friends and family still talk about how great our band was. We feel lucky to have them on our special day!!

Sent on 11/22/2010