Philadelphia Funk Authority Reviews

139 | Hatboro, PA

139 Reviews for Philadelphia Funk Authority

Victoria · Married on 01/03/2015

The Philadelphia Funk Authority was an excellent choice--they were professional, friendly, accommodating, and fun. Our guests loved them, and we loved their performance and a ability to set and respond to the crowd's mood. Completely recommend.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Philly Funk did an outstanding performance for Alison & Seans wedding.

They made the wedding very special with lots of memories for all who attended.

One guest said: "You know the band is great when everyone is still here dancing in the 4th set".

Thanks for all you do,

Much appreciated,

Cheers

Joe & Michele

Sent on 10/11/2014

Gillian · Married on 09/13/2014

We just got married at The Farm at Eagles Ridge in Lancaster PA and all we can say is THANK YOU SO MUCH! It was honestly the best wedding we've ever been to, not just because it was ours, but because The Philly Funk Authority was a part of it. The level of energy was beyond our expectations. Even after two weeks, we are still hearing about how amazing they were and getting emails/texts for their information. ALL guests (our little cousins, our friends, our parents, our parents friends) were totally blown away by the performance. We kept hearing "every song they played was awesome", "they killed it", "I couldn't stop dancing". This is exactly what we had in mind for our wedding and The Philly Funk Authority really pulled through for us. We were told we really set the bar high and that any other friends of ours getting married soon will have to think long and hard about how to top it (hell yes). We both acknowledge that the band was a HUGE part of this. We absolutely recommend them to anyone who's looking for live music for their wedding :)

Not only was the performance amazing, but they were true professionals. They helped orchestrate the evening smoothly which helped alleviate any concerns we had since we didn't have a wedding planner.

Again, thank you so much for contributing to the best day of our lives. It will never be forgotten.

Anyone who is thinking of booking live music, you need to check these guys out

Sent on 09/30/2014

Linda · Married on 09/05/2014

What can we say except WOW!!!!!!! our guests from the wedding are still talking about the amazing band and how much they enjoyed them! How did you find them was the next big question to which we replied one evening our daughter and her fiancé called us and said go to you tube ......and listen to this band they are incredible!!We listened and her Dad said sign them up now !! We are so thrilled that we did ,Gary is so organized and assisted us with all the details answered questions promptly and always very accommodating. We had an acoustic guitar and flute for the ceremony music which was delightful everyone commented on how they enjoyed it and the reception well we wish we could have danced all night the vocals, instruments, music from so many different genres amazing !!! extremely gifted musicians and so personable ! We also appreciated the professionalism with every aspect of the performance !! We are so grateful that Philadelphia Funk Authority was apart of this our very special day !!!! Thank you again to all of you for adding so much more than we could have ever asked for!!!

Paul and Linda Dubendorf
    Northumberland, PA

Sent on 09/29/2014

Philadelphia Funk Authority's reply:

Thanks for the kind words! Congratulations on a truly beautiful wedding!

Mikal · Married on 08/29/2014

I could not recommend this band more highly - they absolutely made our event. If you are looking for a live band to rock the house and who are awesome and professional to work with on your special day/event - this is the only band to call. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/12/2014

Philadelphia Funk Authority's reply:

Marialice & Mikal, you are the best! Thanks for letting us be a part of your amazing wedding!

Katelyn · Married on 08/16/2014

Philadelphia Funk Authority was hands down the best part of our wedding! My husband and I saw them last year at a wedding and knew we wanted them for our own. They were easy to work with and Gary (so sorry for all the emails) was extremely accommodating! They learned songs for our father/daughter and mother/son dances. The dance floor was packed the entire night and everyone loved the music. Even my husband who does not dance was on the floor most of the night! I cannot thank them enough for making our wedding as special and fun as it was! I highly recommend Philadelphia Funk Authority for your next wedding or special event. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/22/2014

Philadelphia Funk Authority's reply:

Thanks Katelyn - Good luck to you and Andrew!

I have used the Philly Funk Authority in my previous job for corporate and social events. There is no other way to say it, but this band seriously rocks. I have had close to 50 people email me so far (and rave reviews are still coming in) to shout out the awesomeness of the band and that it was the highlight of the night. Fantastic from start to finish, they helped to walk me through the process, were flexible on the programming to make it our wedding, learned our favorite songs to incorporate in and gave me the confidence to have them handle the emcee duties.

Even our venue, which pumps out approximately 4-6 weddings per week, raved about the professionalism and how they elevated the entire event. People were on the dance floor even during dinner service, which was exactly the tone we wanted to set. Also, they were able to read the crowd and tailor the song list accordingly to a varied age group so that everyone was happy. They even gave a shout out to my Mom and played her favorite Rolling Stones song (she will never forget that).

I can't wait for the next opportunity to work with these guys again and our 25th wedding anniversary can't come soon enough!

Sent on 08/19/2014

Philadelphia Funk Authority's reply:

Thanks for the kind words! Hope to see you again soon!

Jon · Married on 08/02/2014

The band was very fun and active. Everyone was saying afterwards how fun it was, because of them!
    They were great to work with, including working around our schedules and going above and beyond with our requests.

We would absolutely have them play for us again, and recommend them to others!
    Thank you Philly Funk!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Great music, easy to work with, no drama, created a great party atmosphere, would highly recommend

Sent on 09/21/2014

Philadelphia Funk Authority's reply:

Thanks Kaycie - You and Adam were easy to work with too. And your dad by the way has a really good voice!

Daniel · Married on 06/14/2014

From the beginning of the planning, to the day of the wedding, Gary and Philly Funk made everything incredibly easy. The level of professionalism, on and off the stage, was amazing and Gary was a great resource for planning the reception and managing the reception timeline. Once Philly Funk was on the stage.....the party started. I have played music since I was a young kid. I majored in music performance in college, and have played in countless bands. I can say, without reservation, Philly Funk is one of the tightest and best outfits I have ever heard. If you want your wedding to be a party you and your guests will NEVER forget, hire Philly Funk authority.

Philadelphia Funk Authority's reply:

Wow! Thanks Dan & Kate. That really was one fantastic wedding!

Mallory · Married on 06/07/2014

Philadelphia Funk Authority did a fantastic job at our wedding! We booked this band because my sister had them at her wedding in June 2012, and they were so amazing that we knew we had to have them for our wedding. They were even one of the first vendors we booked. The band played a variety of music genres and all of the specific requests we had given them to play. They had the dance floor full our entire wedding!

Gary, the band manager, is great! He is very responsive and happy to answer any and all of our questions. Very helpful and professional! They were very easy to work with and made this part of the wedding planning very simple.

We highly recommend Philly Funk!

Sent on 06/24/2014

Philadelphia Funk Authority's reply:

Appreciate the kind words Mallory! Thanks for letting us be a part of your big day.

Astrid · Married on 03/22/2014

The Philadelphia Funk Authority was awesome!!! People are still talking about how much they liked the band at our wedding. They also provided the ceremony music and cocktail hour music, and it was perfect. They can play pretty much anything so would work for any type of wedding.

Also, they were incredibly easy to work with. They always responded immediately to any of our communications and were incredibly proactive about coordinating, discussing with the venue, etc. Due to their efficiency and organization, our coordinator at the venue has now added them to their "preferred vendor list."

Sent on 09/11/2014

Carie · Married on 01/18/2014

I cannot recommend Philly Funk Authority enough. There are no words strong enough to reflect how much fun it was to work with them, how wonderful they were at the reception, or how incredible the music was that they played. They truly MADE our reception! Thank you, PFA!!!

Pete · Married on 01/18/2014

Philly Funk Authority played our wedding reception at Triumph Brewery in New Hope, PA. We first saw the band at Triumph a couple years ago and I said to my (now) wife, "I want them to play at our reception!"...and they did! Gary was so great to work with to prep for the reception and the band was phenomenal at the reception, as usual. I would highly recommend PFA for wedding receptions and private parties...and any occasion that requires music, dancing and a whole lotta fun.

Jim · Married on 10/13/2013

We cannot express how happy we were with the Philadelphia Funk Authority. They kept the party going from the first dance till the end of the night. The only break they took was when we cut our cake. The dance floor was constantly full, and the music sounded amazing. They spoke with us ahead of time, were accommodating to our requests, and played a great set that pleased everyone -- all ages were up on the dance floor. It's been a year, and people still tell us how awesome the band was at our wedding. Hire them!

Sent on 09/11/2014

Robin · Married on 10/12/2013

The party was amazing and it is because of this band. They were sensational and I couldn't imagine having my reception without them. Not only were they amazing musicians, they were great people who clearly love what they do.

Sent on 11/04/2013

The band was outstanding and brought the event to the next level. Just about every guest made it a point to tell me how awesome they were. Thanks Philly Funk! We're forever grateful!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Dan and I were so impressed with Philadelphia Funk Authority's performance at our recent wedding. The talent and energy they brought to the party was just unbelievable. Every single guest I've talked to since we've returned from our honeymoon has made a point to mention how spectacular they thought the band was. Everyone was up on the dance floor- it was wonderful!

I'd especially like to make mention of how well our special requests were handled. The band will learn up to two songs if it isn't in their repertoire; other songs are additional but they'll learn whatever you like. Our special request songs were SO beautiful. The first dance song (Johnny Cash) was perfectly done, and the song I used to dance with my grandfather (Lisa/Ernie Halter) was exactly like the original... but better! Bravo on a job very well done!!!!

Thank you for helping us make our party so spectacular!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Philadelphia Funk Authority's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Lisa. Congratulations to you and Dan. It really was a beautiful wedding.

Jill · Married on 09/14/2013

BOOK THEM NOW!!!!! I can go on and on about how easy to work with they were, how flexible, and friendly. But all you need to know is that in order to have the best wedding ever you need to have the best wedding band. That is Philadelphia Funk Authority. I promise, they will exceed all expectations and have every single guest out on the dance floor. AMAZING!! Hurry...don't wait, they truly are the best!

Sent on 09/19/2013

Philadelphia Funk Authority's reply:

Wow! Thanks for the kind words Jill. You and Manning are the BEST too! Congratulations!!

From the first time my now husband and I saw Philadelphia Funk Authority perform at our local music festival we knew we wanted them to play at our wedding. They were awesome and they absolutely exceeded our expectations! Even a year later our guests are still raving about the music that night. They were professional and easy to work with. We had a wonderful night and they helped to make it possible. I absolutely recommend Philly Funk to anyone who wants to have a unique and fun music experience for any event!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Barbara · Married on 08/10/2013

This band is FANTASTIC!! They played at my daughter's wedding and everyone raved about them. We had 176 guests from age 2 up to age 93 - and people danced THE ENTIRE EVENING!! Live music - if it's good - is the best way to guarantee a great party. This band is wonderful and worth every penny. They made my daughter's wedding reception a party that will be remembered for a long, long time! I highly recommend them. Book early!!

Sent on 08/16/2013

Joanne A. · Married on 08/03/2013

A year later and our guests are still talking about Philadelphia Funk Authority. I had her the group and asked my husband if we could have this band/orchestra for our reception and after hearing them in Easton, he said absolutely. We had a large reception and the dance floor was filled with all ages from 7 to 80 dancing the night away. They are extremely professional, granted all our wishes, and made the day even more enjoyable. We would highly recommend them to any couple in our age bracket or anywhere in between as they are the most versatile group and can do anything. From the moment that they played prior to the wedding, during the wedding, and until their last song our hearts were filled with musical delight and enjoyment.

Sent on 09/10/2014

Debra · Married on 07/06/2013

Best Damn Dance Band!

Those were my husband's words as he described all the input he was allowed to give in the selection of wedding vendors. He said, "I don't care who you get to do the flowers, the food or anything else, but just hire the best damn dance band you can find." And boy, did we succeed. Philly Funk not only did the reception, but also learned 2 Eddie Vedder songs from "Into the Wild" for the wedding processional and made a guitar sound like a ukulele. They entertained all our requests and kept all the wedding guests on their feet dancing until the venue forced us to shut it down. People still tell me that they have never seen the mother of the bride have so much fun. Huge big band sound with multiple vocalists, horns, the real deal. The contracting process was easy and Gary kept us on task throughout the planning phase. They worked well with our wedding planner and the venue to make Kelly and Tyler's wedding perfect. With Philly Funk, you will never have to worry about a dull party.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Nick · Married on 06/15/2013

This band was very easy to work with and put on a performance that kept everybody engaged.....We originally had wanted to influence the set list, but we were gently persuaded to let them "read the room" and they did just that keeping the dance floor full of guest of all ages and keeping everyone happy and moving....Almost all of our guests commented on how amazing the band was....They surprised us with a fun end to the evening and exceeded every high expectation that we had.....We highly recommend this band!!!!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Nick · Married on 06/15/2013

This band was amazing! Kept everyone dancing the whole wedding! Everyone remarked how much fun they had. You don't have to pick the songs they are smart enough to read the room and play what is appropriate.

Sent on 10/02/2014