Philadelphia Funk Authority Reviews

Philadelphia Funk Authority 4
Philadelphia Funk Authority 5
Philadelphia Funk Authority 6

Rachel · Married on 04/22/2017

The Philadelphia Funk Authority made our wedding incredible! We wanted a party band that would keep everyone on the dance floor from the second they walked in the room and that's what they brought! Their website lists their repertoire and available songs to choose from...it is endless! With every style of music. We went with pop, rock and funk and we had every generation on the dance floor for every song! I was able to select songs off their website as well as 2 songs they were willing to learn and play. Without being asked, they even specifically announced when they were about to play our favorite song so my husband and I could find each other and truly enjoy that moment together on the dance floor. Gary is exceptional to work with prior to the event, very organized and kind. The band acts as the MC during the reception and organized the night seamlessly. For example, their announcement of the wedding party and us as a newly married couple was perfect. Transitions from the first dance and parent dances to getting everyone on the dance floor with an upbeat party song took seconds! The whole night was a huge success and a lot of that is due to Philly Funk Authority! Our guests are still raving about the band! I've now been to 3 of their weddings...Amazing every time. HIRE them!

Sent on 05/25/2017

Meg · Married on 12/31/2016

Philly funk played at my daughters New Years Eve wedding. They were amazing! The dance floor was absolutely packed the entire night and numerous guests made a point of telling me how fantastic they were. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Gina · Married on 12/09/2016

After looking and listening to over 200 bands, as soon as I heard Philadelphia Funk Authority, I knew they were the band for our wedding! Their sound and style is true live music, funk and soul and I could immediately tell the difference between them and any other "wedding" band. Philadelphia Funk Authority is so unique and original and cant even compare to any other bands. They are in a class all their own. Friends and family are still giving us compliments on the band and how fun they were and it was great to see everyone dancing all night long. They were also such a pleasure to work with. Gary, was super responsive and guided us through the process and had some awesome ideas and was also open to our ideas as well. They were a dream to work with and we are so lucky to have found them!
    They were even kind enough to let me sit in on bass and play a couple tunes with them :) So awesome and it was so fun to jam with them and have the love and support of our friends and family there.
    Thank you to PFA for making our wedding so unique and so special, you truly rocked it and we couldn't be happier with everything you did for us.
    Not only did they play for our Ceremony, Cocktail Hour and Reception they also put together some amazing up lighting action for our ceremony and reception. Thank YOU PFA for playing your hearts out for our Special Day!!
    Gina & Mike

Sent on 12/28/2016

Catherine · Married on 11/05/2016

My husband and I are both huge music people, and as such we couldn't just have any old band. We needed the best, and we got it hands down with the Philly Funk Authority! Gary was absolutely wonderful during the planning process, and the actual reception was just incredible! Everyone kept telling us how it was the most fun they've had at a wedding in a long time, and asking where we found these people!! They played for a majority of the night, only taking one small break towards the end (which was fine as it allowed everyone to rest from dancing their butts off!!). All of the songs sounded amazing, including the two special requests that we had! We keep joking that we should have another wedding just so we could hire them again! Definitely worth every single penny, they truly made our day something we'll never forget :)

Sent on 11/19/2016

Martin Bemzing · Married on 10/29/2016

Great wedding band and very professional. They leave nothing to chance on your big day.

Gary and the band poveded a first rage experience. Very professional and the band rocks. All types of music to hit the entire guest list. We received a ton of compliments on the band.

Christopher · Married on 10/22/2016

The bottom line is this: if you want your guests on the dance floor, having a good time, you won't go wrong with Philadelphia Funk Authority. They sound fantastic, and they know how to mix the new with the old, to get your wedding party dancing. We're so glad we booked them!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Christine S · Married on 09/30/2016

Best band ever!

We hired Philadelphia Funk Authority for our wedding in 2016. We had seen them perform before at a family wedding and they were amazing! We knew we just had to have them at our wedding. They did not disappoint. They were easy to work with and everyone loved them. They even learned a song for me that was not on their repertoire - it was the song my parents danced to at their wedding. It was a wonderful surprise for me and my parents. They’re just fantastic! People are still talking about our wedding and how awesome the band was! Would highly recommend them to anyone.

J · Married on 09/24/2016

Book them! We had an amazing wedding and the band was the highlight! The music was amazing and people were dancing all night. It was weeks later and people were still commenting on how much they loved the band. Definitely worth it :)

Sent on 10/14/2016

Ray Sciarappa · Married on 08/08/2016

Wedding reception

They “made” the reception everyone danced

Sent on 10/17/2018

Philly Funk absolutely amazed us at our wedding! They had everyone out on the dance floor from start to finish! Our guests have complimented the band endlessly. We would highly recommend using them to anyone planning a wedding or party! They were easy to work with and everything we ever hoped for in a wedding band. Thank you!!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Angela K · Married on 06/25/2016

The band was the best part of our wedding!

Gary Rivenson started us on the right foot! We talked with him about our repertoire, and our planned 2 dance performances, and he really made it all happen for us on our wedding day. The band was on time, gave us nothing to worry or think about, and were so accommodating to our general schedule for the evening. I wish our wedding planners were as good as Andy, the Emcee, in terms of structuring the evening and ensuring the guests were taken care of. Thank you to PFA for giving us a great memory to look back on!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Pritchard · Married on 05/21/2016

Phili Funk

We hired this band on knowing one of the singers . They were amazing to deal with . The music was beyond words , they had everyone up and dancing the whole reception!!! Would hire them again in a heartbeat !!!!

Kathleen · Married on 05/07/2016

The Philadelphia Funk Authority was great in every aspect from planning to playing! From the start when we decided to hire them to play at our wedding, the management team was very organized, responsive and had numerous meetings/calls with us to help us plan the band activities and songs, and work with our special requests. The music at the wedding was awesome! All of our guests raved about how good the band was, both during the wedding and for days after. All were up and dancing the entire night. The band's song list is never ending and covers all angles in music selection and taste. I want to throw another party and have them play again!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Hillary · Married on 04/30/2016

From start to finish, working with PFA was great! We actually contacted the band before signing the contract at our wedding venue because we have known for years we wanted them to be our wedding band. Having watched them play at my cousin's wedding in 2005 and then watching them here and there through the years, it was a no-brainer. Working with Gary (the manager) on all the details and logistics was very easy and he was more than happy to tailor everything to exactly what we wanted. They played all the songs I asked them to, stayed away from the ones I didn't want played, and learned a new song just for us. The band had all our guests up and dancing from the start of our reception and the party lasted all night. They are pricey (all wedding bands are!), but to me it was worth it. We continue to receive such great feedback from our guests about the music and the party itself, and I owe it all to PFA for making our wedding reception so fun. Highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Chuck · Married on 04/29/2016

Incredible musicians, wedding professionals, and super easy to work with. They learned 3 new songs for us and played them better than we ever could have imagined. Two Neil Young songs and Talking Heads.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Jaime · Married on 04/23/2016

Philadelphia Funk Authority MADE my wedding! Www also used them for my sisters wedding and I didn't sit the entire time so I knew they would rock it again! They helped me add personal touches that made my reception so special. They are incredibly talented and professional and I highly recommend them for your wedding/event!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Susan · Married on 09/26/2015

This band is phenomenal! I highly recommend them.

I came to know PFA when my sister got married in NJ two years ago. This band was fantastic and everyone had great reviews of their work. When I got married in September 2015 in NYC we looked at a ton of bands in NYC and NJ and all were either not our style or crazy expensive. I contacted PFA on a whim thinking that their travel time/expense would make them too pricey, but within minutes I got a response from Gary, who offered us a great price and was happy to have the group come to NYC. We had a number of custom requests (a few are complimentary; after that there is a fee, which we felt was totally fair) and the band did them all beautifully. We used this band for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and I am so glad we did. They did a beautiful job, were wonderful on-site and prior to the big day, and were a great value. Thank you!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Worked well with our inconvenient schedule when needing to discuss the wedding. Answered emails in a timely manner. Kept the dance floor full all night!!! Played specific songs we asked them to play. All over 5/5... Best band in town!

Sent on 10/10/2015

Philadelphia Funk Authority's reply:

Thanks for the kind words!

Elizabeth · Married on 08/22/2015

Absolutely a great band! They had people up dancing all wedding. Great variety of music. Would recommend to anyone who is interested in a band. A unique experience!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Philadelphia Funk Authority's reply:

Thanks Elizabeth for letting us be a part of your big day! Congratulations to you and Rich on an awesome wedding!

Alanna · Married on 06/06/2015

Philly Funk Authority was incredible! We could not have asked for a better band. They played every song on our must-play list (classics, current and oldies) and had everyone at the wedding on the dance floor, especially for up-town funk! We highly recommend Philly Funk. They have a great website, but they sound even better live than on the audio on the website. Five stars all around!!

Sent on 09/07/2015

Philadelphia Funk Authority's reply:

Thanks Allana! It was a pleasure working with you and TR on all of your wedding planning. The band loved being a part of your amazing wedding!

Angela · Married on 05/30/2015

The Philadelphia Funk Authority was absolutely one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding day. We have lost count of all the wonderful things our guests had to say!

Working with Gary to plan out all the details was easy and painless. We relied on his past experience to help guide us if we were unsure about any decision, and everything turned out perfect. We had two of the band members perform the ceremony music (flute and guitar) and it was beautiful. We would recommend that choice to anyone. Their repertoire is unmatched - we had no issues picking the perfect songs for our ceremony, first dance, parent dances, and party music requests. They had the guests dancing all night long and were great at reading the crowd to see what kind of music would keep the party going.

We would recommend Philadelphia Funk Authority to anyone else in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Barbara · Married on 05/02/2015

Above fantastic!!! Outstanding to work with. The band had everyone up dancing the entire time. We received so many compliments. We could not have been happier.

Sent on 07/07/2015

Philadelphia Funk Authority's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Barbara. Congrats to the happy couple!

Julie · Married on 04/24/2015

These guys are THE BEST! They know how to get the party started and get people on the dance floor!!!
    The music is top notch! And they know A TON of music!!!! My guests were beyond excited to see that they were our band! I can not say enough fantastic things about them! If you love music and want a great band, these guys are for you! No questions! And they are SUPER easy to deal with!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Meredith · Married on 01/30/2015

My husband is a musician, so when beginning to plan our wedding, the only thing he absolutely had to have was a good band. He had heard Philly Funk before, and actually contacted them to perform at our wedding reception before we even had a wedding date! Since I had never heard them before, we got our whole wedding party together to go see them play at Victory Brew Pub in New Hope. It made for a fun night out with the bridal party, and we knew right away that we had to have them! But what we got at the wedding, I could have never imagined! They were so personable and learned a song that we wanted to be introduced into the reception to, less than a month before the wedding. Almost 9 months later, people are still talking about how amazing our band was. Everyone was up and dancing the whole reception, and it was non-stop fun. Philly Funk is very good about knowing what songs to play next to keep people up and dancing. I was so sad when the night was over...it went by too fast. If I could plan my wedding all over, I would pick Philly Funk in a heartbeat again!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Victoria · Married on 01/03/2015

The Philadelphia Funk Authority was an excellent choice--they were professional, friendly, accommodating, and fun. Our guests loved them, and we loved their performance and a ability to set and respond to the crowd's mood. Completely recommend.

Sent on 12/28/2015