Peter Naughton Productions Reviews

66 | Fayetteville, NY

66 Reviews for Peter Naughton Productions

Jason · Married on 07/03/2013

Thank you Peter. Great service!

Sent on 08/30/2013

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Jason, thanks for posting this review! I wish you and Mallory all the best!
    Blog post: http://www.peterthedj.com/2013/10/wedding-photos-mallory-and-jason-7313/

martha · Married on 06/29/2013

Peter was very flexible and willing to work with my ever-changing plans for the flow of the wedding day. When I paid him for an extra 1/2 hour that we didn't end up using, he refunded me for that half hour. Very much on the up and up! He is extremely professional and organized. He gave me great confidence that our music would be awesome, and it was! thanks Peter!

Sent on 07/07/2013

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Martha, thanks for taking the time to post this review! I am glad you were pleased with my services. I'm writing this over a year later and I still remember your wedding like it was yesterday -- what a wonderful location! Sure, the weather could have been better, but I'm glad we still were able to make everything happen and everyone was happy. I hope you and Tom are doing well, my best to you both!
    My blog post: http://www.peterthedj.com/2013/10/wedding-photos-martha-and-tom-62913/

nicole · Married on 06/22/2013

We were more than satisfied with the dj service that was provided - thank you for making our special day stress free

Sent on 07/28/2014

Dana · Married on 06/01/2013

Peter was the best DJ ever! He accommodated all of our requests without hesitation. He was professional and organized. Everyone was dancing at our wedding and having a great time because of the positive energy that Peter exuded throughout the evening. I am so thankful that we found him for our wedding. A+ service!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Sabrina · Married on 05/25/2013

Peter was very well organized. I also love his min by min brake down. It helped me keep on time with all the different events for evening. Thank you!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Gretchen · Married on 10/06/2012

From our initial contact with DJ Peter, he was responsive and professional. Music has always been important in our lives and we wanted that to be a significant part of our wedding celebration. It was clear from the start that Peter was willing to work with us, discuss our needs, and cater his services to exactly what we wished. I was concerned with hiring a DJ because we did not want to include any "traditional" activities that DJ's often play a significant role in. We really wanted to cater our day to our needs… Do something unique. Peter listened, offered suggestions, and worked with us all along the way.

Every aspect of sound and music was perfect. The ceremony was timed beautifully. The music during the cocktail and dinner hours were wonderfully diverse, tasteful, and unobtrusive. Then the dance party began... and again, absolute perfection. Throughout the night Peter kept the energy high and there was never a moment the dance floor was not full. Peter's art at orchestrating the night was exactly what we had hoped for!

Without hesitation, we would recommend DJ Peter to anyone who is looking for that extra something to make their wedding or event perfect.

Sent on 07/13/2013
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 09/29/2012

Peter was a pleasure to work with and helped make our wedding a day we would never forget! Here are the things we liked about Peter the DJ:

- Very experienced! He makes sure everything is taken care of before the big day so all you need to do is sit back and enjoy the ride.
    - Peter played the right music to keep people on the dance floor for the entire day. I was impressed!
    - He provides extensive lists of song ideas for each part of the wedding, but is able to find almost any song you could ever want.
    - Very high energy! Exactly what we asked for!
    - Very flexible! For example, Peter usually wears a tux for events, but we were having a casual wedding so he dressed down to fit in better.

I would recommend Peter to anyone. We were so pleased to have him as our DJ.

Sent on 11/06/2012
  • Z

Zelda · Married on 09/22/2012

Peter Naughton hit every item on our checklist:

He was extremely affordable. For a wedding of only 50 people, we weren't looking to throw a big blow-out that cost us years of savings. Peter Naughton Productions fit perfectly into our budget.

He was professional. Upon initially putting out an ad to find a DJ for my wedding, I had quite a few of responses that raised eyebrows. Peter, however, always took the time to write complete e-mails with every detail necessary, he was always prompt in communication, and was extremely thorough in the entire planning processes.

He had the high energy and the experience to make the reception perfect. Everything flowed perfectly from beginning to end, all the right songs were there, all of our guests enjoyed dancing along with us, and Peter worked perfectly with us on our secret mission to surprise our guests with our unusual first dance.

There was absolutely nothing missing from our experience working with Peter - HIGHLY recommend him to any couple for their wedding.

Sent on 11/13/2012

Bridget · Married on 06/09/2012

Peter was a joy to work with. He was beyond flexible, amazingly prices, and a great DJ.

Sent on 09/13/2012

robert · Married on 05/19/2012

Peter went far above and beyond our expectations. He was organized, easy to get hold of and accommodated all of our requests. During the reception he kept us on time and we were able to do everything we planned. Peter was able to put a microphone on the ceremony so that everyone could hear. We couldn't have asked for a better dj. Highly recommended

Sent on 06/12/2012

Alyssa · Married on 09/03/2011

We couldn't have asked for a better DJ! Peter Naughton was professional, organized and very accomodating which made it so easy for us (which was a relief having a million other things to plan) I wouldn't hesitate to recommend his services to anyone in need of entertainment for any occasion.

Sent on 10/07/2011

Dawn · Married on 05/28/2011

Peter was flexible and attentive to our needs. We basically hand selected almost every song for the wedding - some more obscure than others - and he found and played every one! Peter was also very professional, responding quickly to our emails and meeting with us in person to go over details as well. It is always nerve-racking deciding to work with vendors that you really know nothing about - but we absolutely made the right choice selecting Peter and would wholeheartedly recommend his services to other couples or people searching for a DJ for their event.

Sent on 10/02/2011
  • User2427608 · event on: 05/06/2012

On 5/6/12 the National MS Society had their annual MS Walk event. Peter provided DJ services. He was exceptional. He went above and beyond just playing music. He is a true professional. Anyone can push buttons on a computer. Not everyone can go the extra distance as Peter does. Put it this way...immediately after the event, we tried to retain his services for the event next year.

Sent on 05/11/2012

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Thank you very much for the kind words! I had a lot of fun and hopefully we can do it again next year!

Ruth · Married on 06/24/2017

Peter is so organized and clearly experienced which made putting together our reception so easy and fun. From the moment we contacted him to the end of our wedding celebration Peter was beyond helpful and eager to make our reception the kind of party we wanted it to be. We were very happy with everything.

Sent on 06/26/2017

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Ruth - Thanks so much for the awesome review! Just realized I was remiss in not responding sooner. Had a great time helping you and Gregory celebrate your special day. Hope all is well with you! And for anyone reading these reviews, you can check out photos and song selections from this wedding ob my blog: https://www.peterthedj.com/2017/07/wedding-ruth-greg-ithaca/ -- Thanks again!

Malika · Married on 06/13/2015

Peter provided DJ services for our wedding reception at Cornell University this past June, and he was really awesome to work with! He was very flexible during the planning process and on our wedding day, which was incredibly helpful! He played the best instrumental music during our dinner hour (everyone was raving about it!) and got people dancing during the latter half of the night. I'd definitely recommend him!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Malika, thanks so much for taking the time to post this review! I really enjoyed helping you and Sergio celebrate your wedding day. I wish you all the best for health and happiness in your marriage, and thanks again for selecting me as your DJ! Blog post: http://www.peterthedj.com/2015/06/wedding-photos-malika-and-sergio-at-cornell-university-61315/

MEGAN · Married on 10/20/2018

3.8
      1.0

Our one regret

The wedding was very fun! Peter was very affordable and his planning form made it easy to keep all of the details in order. Some of my guests complained because they were unable to get Peter's attention to request songs throughout the night, even though we were told that requests would be taken. Overall, we found that his behavior was very unprofessional.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Megan, thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. I'm happy to hear the wedding was fun and my planning form helped keep the details in order. As you can see from the rest of the reviews posted here, I strive to earn a 5-star review from every wedding.

I'm surprised and crestfallen to learn that you felt hiring me was a "regret." It seemed like you and everyone else on the dance floor had a great time [photos at https://www.peterthedj.com/2018/11/wedding-megan-jimmy-beardsleecastle/ ] and I was happy to see you all having fun. Your generous gratuity seemed to confirm that impression, which makes your review all the more surprising.

There are times when I must focus on time-sensitive tasks like cueing-up the next song, mixing songs or preparing for an announcement. This is true of any DJ. When guests come up to me at a moment when I am not available, I usually try to signal (if I can) that I'll be with them as soon as possible. The vast majority of guests understand and will either wait (I'm usually free within a minute or less) or they'll come back in a few minutes. In fact, there were plenty of times when I was available and took requests. Since you had a relatively short "do not play" list, I believe I was able to play every request I received. I believe there was one instance where I told a guest I was "not sure" I'd be able to play their request, as we were getting close to the end of the night and I still had a few of your own requests yet to play. But after I took a few moments to shuffle some things around and review the timing, I was able to play that request. (I'd rather say I'm not sure if a song will play, and then surprise the person by playing it... than promise a song, only to realize there's not enough time to add it.)

I thank you for your review. I think it will serve other couples to understand how the request process works, and why their DJ may not be able to instantly speak to each guest who comes up with a request.

Congratulations on your wedding and I wish you and Jimmy all the best as you begin your new life together.