Peter Naughton Productions Reviews

66 | Fayetteville, NY

66 Reviews for Peter Naughton Productions

Emily · Married on 08/01/2015

Peter did a great job with both our ceremony and reception music. We had a change of plans in our ceremony set up, causing him to have to set up in two different areas. Peter was completely fine with our changes, and he even had music playing for our guests as they arrived at cocktail hour, so there were no awkward gaps of silence throughout the night. Peter was also very responsive and helpful when planning for our big day. He had wonderful suggestions and advice, as we had NO CLUE what we were doing in the planning process. Thank you for a great night! Everyone had fun and was on the dance floor, just as we wished!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Emily, thanks so much for the great review! Your wedding day is going to be one of the most memorable days of your life, so I am honored that you trusted my advice in helping to plan various aspects of the ceremony and reception. Of course, a lot of the credit also goes back to you two, and everyone else involved -- family, friends and other vendors -- who each did their own part. Thanks again for choosing me as your DJ, and all my best to you, Adam and the little one! Blog post: http://www.peterthedj.com/2015/08/wedding-photos-emily-and-adam-at-doubletree-east-syracuse-8115/

Diane · Married on 06/27/2015

Even though Peter was the first DJ that we met with, we booked him on the spot. We were incredibly impressed with his organization and attention to detail. He was incredibly flexible; his questionnaire gave us the opportunity to dictate every detail of the night if we so chose. We decided to provide him with a list of "must play" songs and a list of other artists that we like. Peter did a great job of playing all of our songs and filling in the gaps with other music to get the crowd dancing.

From the introductions to the very last song, Peter made sure that the night ran seamlessly. The timeline that he provided to the venue and the photographer helped keep everyone on the same page throughout the night.

Peter is so responsive and easy to get ahold of that one of the bridesmaids contacted him a week before the wedding to see if she could incorporate music into her speech. He was on board and the music helped her speech be a hit!

We would absolutely recommend Peter to anyone looking for a reasonably priced DJ for the wedding. He was so great that the end of the night, everyone was chanting "one more song!"

Sent on 08/17/2015

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Diane, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! I'm honored to know how comfortable you and Greg felt in trusting me to handle a key part of your wedding day. I enjoyed working with you and Greg, and I'm glad you enjoyed the "thank you notes" music during Allison's toast -- it was a fun request and I enjoyed being a part of it. Thanks again for choosing me as your DJ -- I wish you and Greg all the best together! Blog post: http://www.peterthedj.com/2015/06/wedding-photos-diane-and-greg-at-bellevue-country-club-62715/

Sara · Married on 05/30/2015

We could not have asked for a better DJ than Peter. From the start, he was very responsive and very well organized and that continued throughout the process! We had a complex setup, where the ceremony was held outside, immediately followed by the cocktail hour in one room and then our reception in the ballroom. The transition was flawless and there was never a point where there was no music, as he had multiple systems setup. The one thing we wanted in a DJ was a packed dance floor the entire night and that was exactly what we got! Everyone was on the dance floor all night and we got so many compliments on the music! We even got complements on the dinner music! Peter was so great, no one wanted the night to be over! We would recommend Peter to everyone!!!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Sara, thanks so much for the awesome review! I am very happy that you and Bill selected me to help celebrate your wedding day. You had an awesome crowd and it's hard to go wrong with that giant dance floor at Traditions! It's one of my favorite places. I know you already found it, but for anyone else reading these reviews in the future, here's my blog post with photos from Sara and Bill's wedding: http://www.peterthedj.com/2015/06/wedding-photos-sara-and-bill-at-traditions-at-the-links-53015/

Jessica · Married on 05/24/2015

I HIGHLY recommend Peter for your DJ needs! Peter did an incredible job! He has great communication and was incredibly accommodating! He made the reception feel intimate and lively at the same time! He honored all of our requests and was very kind! He even went out of his way to make some extra announcements and took some pictures! Everyone had a wonderful time! The transitions between all of the songs were perfect, and when we had to cut some of the songs out for lack of time, Peter read the room brilliantly and played all of the songs that got everyone up and dancing!! If you get the change you should absolutely book Peter the DJ! I promise you'll be happy you did!!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Kelsey · Married on 05/17/2015

Peter did a fantastic job as the DJ for our wedding! Being new to wedding planning, Peter helped walk us through the process, offering suggestions and really listening to what we wanted for our big day. He was friendly, personable, responsive, and great throughout the whole process. Not to mention he really kept the dance floor moving! Couldn't have asked for a better Dj for our wedding!

Sent on 05/28/2015

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Kelsey, thanks so much for the awesome review! It was an honor and a pleasure to help you and Keyan plan your wedding day, and I was pleased everything came together as planned. Having an awesome group of family and friends to help celebrate only makes it even better! Thanks again for selecting me as your DJ.
    I know you already saw, but for anyone else reading these reviews in the future, here's my blog post (with photos!) on Kelsey and Keyan's wedding: http://www.peterthedj.com/2015/05/wedding-photos-kelsey-and-keyan-at-lake-watch-inn-51715/

We could not have been happier with Peter. The level of service he provided leading up to our wedding day went beyond our expectations. Peter is organized and professional; his advice on our ceremony and reception music was so helpful. The evening flowed perfectly and I give a lot of credit to that to Peter and his experience as a DJ.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to post this review! I'm very happy to hear you were pleased with everything on your wedding day. I know picking a DJ is not a simple decision, so I'm glad you chose me. I wish you all the best! Here's my blog post with some photos from the festivities: http://www.peterthedj.com/2015/05/wedding-photos-erin-and-steven-at-sherwood-inn-5215/
  • User4592069 · 2+ years ago

I highly recommend Peter for your wedding! We started communicating with him six months before our wedding. Peter met with my husband and I to discuss all aspects of the ceremony and reception. This was extremely helpful, as he brought up points and events I hadn't even thought of! He allowed us to choose the music we wanted for both the reception and the ceremony. I was concerned because I was born and raised in Argentina, and I really wanted to include some Argentinean music for my guests to dance to. I gave Peter a very specific list, and hoped for the best. He did not disappoint! He played a lot of Argentinean music throughout the reception, and seeing that ALL guests were enjoying it, he kept it going! I was so happy to hear my music at my wedding reception, even in another country. Towards the end of our reception, people were having such a great time, and we asked Peter if we could add an extra half an hour. He kept the party going, and we couldn't be more thankful!
    I highly recommend Peter for your wedding. He is extremely professional, approachable, and reachable! He made our big day so special :)

-Loreley Noonan

Sent on 05/29/2015

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Loreley, reviews like this one always make my day! I am very happy to hear you and Ben were pleased with everything. I enjoyed being a part of the big day and I appreciate your time in posting this review! I wish you and Ben all the best together!
    For anyone reading these reviews, I've got photos and more on my blog at http://www.peterthedj.com/2015/04/wedding-photos-loreley-and-benjamin-at-the-oneida-community-mansion-house-41715/ -- thanks!

Maria · Married on 10/18/2014

We would highly recommend Peter. He kept everyone dancing all night and did a great job announcing as well as keeping us on schedule. We left the dinner music up to him and we loved what he picked - it was a huge hit with our guests as well. We were happy with his work and the value of his services.

Sent on 01/05/2015

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Maria, thanks for the great review! And thanks again to you and Ben for selecting me as your DJ! I had a wonderful time and I'm glad you did as well. All my best to you both for the coming new year! Blog post w/ photos and more: http://www.peterthedj.com/2014/12/wedding-photos-maria-and-ben-101814/

Adam · Married on 10/14/2014

very professional and prompt and was very accommodating with all our unusual requests

Sent on 12/11/2014

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Thanks for the review, Adam! Each wedding has its own "unique twist" and I don't think I'll ever forget the "surprise" visit from Santa Claus to deliver milk and cookies to everyone in attendance! I had a lot of fun DJ'ing your wedding, and I wish you and Fran all the best for the coming new year!!

Megan · Married on 09/27/2014

Peter was absolutely AMAZING at our wedding! I was so worried that people weren't going to get up and dance, but everyone was up having a great time - even my father was out on the dance floor and no one ever thought we would see that! I HIGHLY recommend Peter Naughton to anyone! He was extremely easy to work with and even dealt with a few very last minute song changes the day of the wedding. People are still telling us that the music was awesome and that our wedding was one of the greatest they had ever been to. We have Peter to thank for much of that!

Sent on 10/03/2014

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Megan, thank you so much for the wonderful review! I'm thrilled to hear you and your guests were pleased with everything. Of course, you and Steve deserve credit for providing a great batch of song requests in advance... as well as the guests who added a few of their own requests as the night unfolded. Just like any good recipe, it's having just the right amount of this and that to make it all come together. All my best to you and Steve!!

Jennifer · Married on 09/06/2014

When I first came across Peter Naughton, I was actually apprehensive because he seemed too good to be true since he was much less expensive compared to other DJ’s in the area. However, after looking into him further I found out he just wasn’t overcharging like many other DJ’s do! When I e-mailed him, he responded back right away! Throughout the entire time leading up to our wedding, Peter was always extremely prompt in responses. Our schedules never seemed to align and Peter took time out of his night to Skype with us and discuss details of the wedding once it got closer. Prior to our wedding, we had given him a list of songs we wanted played. On the day of our wedding, one of our friends actually tried to request a song and Peter would not play the song until I came over and gave him the “okay.” This alone says a lot about him because many other DJ’s I have seen end up playing songs that you did not request or banned simply because the DJ likes them, but not Peter. He was extremely professional and respectful of our wishes. If you are looking for a DJ I would not look further than Peter Naughton, he put my husband and I completely at ease at our wedding and the dance floor was packed the whole night!! The DJ can really make or break a wedding and I am so thankful that we put our faith in Peter!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Jennifer, thanks so much for the wonderful review! It was an honor and a pleasure to help you and Dane celebrate your wedding day. Thank you for mentioning the banned song -- in my opinion, a couple's "do not play" list outranks everything else. While I don't know (nor do I ask) for the reasons behind each "ban list" item... just the fact that there IS a reason is enough for me to respect that ban list above all else. I appreciate the great review, and I'm also glad you put your faith in me for your wedding day. Thanks again for choosing me to DJ your reception! I wish you and Dane all the happiness in the world.

Emily · Married on 08/02/2014

Peter was the best DJ I could have ever asked for! My husband and I are soo thankful that we found him on Wedding Wire! He was absolutely amazing!

He was so incredibly helpful with planning the wedding and setting up our timeline. Every email he sent was so thorough and he was attentive to every little detail.

We had sent him a list of suggested music throughout the night for cocktail hour, dinner hour, and dancing. He took our suggestions and made an excellent playlist that included all the genres and artists we loved. All of our guests were dancing all night, and everyone was having so much fun that they pitched in money to have Peter stay an extra hour. And he stayed!

Peter is proof that a great DJ is the key to an awesome party!

Sent on 08/23/2014

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Emily, thanks so much for the awesome review! I'm thrilled that you and Zeb were so happy with everything. I really had a great time there as well -- you had some excellent song requests that you knew everyone would enjoy, and I was amazed and honored when one of the guests passing around a shoe (literally, as there were apparently no hats to be found) to get me to stay an extra hour. The one guest who started it off said he didn't even have any idea whose shoe it was -- he just saw it on the ground and picked it up! Definitely a top memory of the 2014 wedding season. All my best to you and Zeb and your families!!
    Blog Post with Photos: www.peterthedj.com/2014/11/wedding-photos-emily-and-zeb-8214/

Dawn · Married on 07/19/2014

Peter was a dream. I felt overwhelmed by all the decisions still needed. Peter was so helpful having suggetions, even some ideas that coordinated with other vendors. He helped me feel more in control after our meetings. Everyone has complimented our wedding and I know Peter deserves some of that credit!

Sent on 07/26/2014

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Dawn, thank you so much for the wonderful review! It was an honor and a pleasure to be a part of your wedding day, and I'm glad you received so many compliments from your guests. And I've gotta compliment you on the venue -- always nice to have a chance to pop up to Oswego and visit my alma mater. I wish you and John all the best in this next chapter of your lives together!
    Blog Post with photos: http://www.peterthedj.com/2014/11/wedding-photos-dawn-and-john-71914/

Amy · Married on 07/12/2014

Peter was wonderful to work with - very quick getting back to us with any questions, very flexible and open to our ideas, and friendly and professional in all of our interactions. Planning was particularly impressive, his materials that helped prepped us for the wedding and his responsibly helped to shape how our reception went. I felt very at ease with the reception because Peter had such a thorough understanding of how the night would go. It was a wonderful experience working with him and I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Amy, thanks for the wonderful review! And for posting so quickly -- the day after the wedding is a new record for me... love it! I'm so glad you were pleased with my services, and I'm also glad you finally gave me a reason to visit Highland Forest -- a great place and I hope to visit again soon, either for another wedding or for the bike trails. All my best to you and Joel!
    Blog post: http://www.peterthedj.com/2014/10/wedding-photos-amy-and-joel-71214/

Meghan · Married on 06/28/2014

Peter did an awesome job as our wedding DJ!! We could not have been happier with our reception. The music selection was one of the most important parts of the wedding for me, and Peter was extremely flexible and met with us on multiple occasions to make sure that everything would be perfect and exactly the way we wanted it. He had no limit to the amount of songs that we were able to request and was able to play special acoustic versions of songs that we had found on youtube for our first dances. He was very prompt and responsive when emailing back and forth, and was always easy to reach. I would absolutely recommend his services, our reception was a huge hit and Peter was very friendly and professional.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Meghan, thanks so much for taking the time to write this review! I really enjoyed being a part of your wedding day. You and Brian really knew your crowd well -- every song you requested was a hit, which made my job that much easier!
    My blog post: http://www.peterthedj.com/2014/07/wedding-photos-meghan-and-brian-62814/

Leanna · Married on 06/14/2014

Peter was a great DJ! He is so accommodating and really listens to what the bride and groom want. We shopped around a lot for DJs trying to find the right price and right person and when we talked with him, we liked that he was very professional and very affordable. He got the guests up there dancing and made sure the whole night went smoothly! We couldn't have asked for a better night or better DJ!!

Sent on 07/03/2014

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Leanna, thank you very much for this review! It was a lot of fun working with you and Justin. I wish you both all the best!!
    Blog post: http://www.peterthedj.com/2014/06/wedding-photos-leanna-and-justin-61414/

Jeffrey · Married on 05/31/2014

Peter was great to work with. He was very professional and accommodating throughout the process. We live on the West Coast, and it was easy working with Peter, despite only meeting once face-to-face before the wedding day. We had him DJ our ceremony as well, and Peter did a great job.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Jeffrey, I appreciate you taking the time to post a review. I'm glad you were pleased with my services! I'm so glad everything came together so well, and the weather cooperated too. You and Rina chose a wonderful location for a wedding and I wish you both all the best. Thanks again for selecting me to be your DJ!
    My blog post: http://www.peterthedj.com/2014/06/wedding-photos-rina-and-jeffrey-53114/

patricia · Married on 10/11/2013

Very friendly and professional. Accommodated last minute changes with out a problem. Peter was a hit at the wedding.

Sent on 07/26/2014

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Patricia, thanks for taking the time to write this great review! I really appreciate it. As a former TV news producer, "last minute changes" give me an adrenaline rush! It's always a great feeling to be able to handle last minute changes so smoothly, the "audience" thinks that's just the way things were planned all along. All my best to you, Jonathan and your family!!

Bethany · Married on 10/05/2013

Peter is an amazing DJ. He was always polite in every appointment, he even called to let us know he was running two minutes late which was very appreciated. He made up a whole schedule and worked with us to make sure our wedding was how we wanted it to be. There were no dead moments on the dance floor and he played every song we wanted him to play, we even had a Limbo and he had all the music available right on the spot. I would recommend Peter to anyone and you can't beat his price, he is a great addition to any wedding at a price that wont break the bank.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Bethany, thank you for the great review! I had a lot of fun playing your wedding and it was nice to talk to some of the people we mutually know, some of whom I haven't seen in a decade or more. I hope you and Andy are doing well and thanks again for choosing me to DJ your reception!!
    Blog post: http://www.peterthedj.com/2013/11/wedding-photos-bethany-and-andy-10513/

Leanna · Married on 10/04/2013

Peter Naughton was fantastic! My husband and I were living in Virginia when we started to plan our wedding so we never got to set up a face to face meeting but Peter always made himself available to talk on the phone, or e-mail or skype. My husband had chosen a non-traditional processional song for our entrance and we had a decent size bridal party and a very long walk! Peter was able to loop the song multiple times to ensure the song was long enough without flaw! It was perfect and beautiful. He was so accommodating with our entrance into the ceremony as well! We wanted our bridal party to each come into their own song. Peter is knowledgeable, professional, and easy to talk and work with and is very organized. He gave us options and brought up questions that we would have never thought of! We most definitely recommend Peter Naughton!!

Sent on 10/26/2013

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Leanna, thank you so much for the great review! I appreciate you pointing out some aspects of the planning process. This is great information for future customers, especially those who are also planning from afar as you were. Thanks again for selecting me as your DJ, and I wish all the best to you and Peter!
    My blog post: http://www.peterthedj.com/2013/11/wedding-photos-leanna-and-peter-10413/

Ashleigh · Married on 09/28/2013

Peter was fantastic! I was looking for a pretty basic setup (no photobooth, etc.), and Peter was able to provide that for a great price. He was very quick to respond to emails. Our first meeting was via Skype (per our request), which was convenient. He provided us with documents to help us along with our planning. We completed a form the walked us through every aspect of the day and what we needed. It brought things to our attention we would not have thought of otherwise. After we provided the completed form to him, he condensed it into one convenient itinerary that spelled everything out. He was able to edit songs for content and time. He was even able to make a major song change just a couple days before the wedding. Our ceremony was outside on the patio of the venue, and the reception was inside. Peter had equipment set up outside to play music for the ceremony, and seamlessly transitioned to music inside the venue for cocktail hour. He played everything we requested at the right times, and nothing on our "banned" list. He accomodated guest requests. The dancefloor was amazing! There were very few times when there weren't at least a few people dancing, and most of the time MANY people were dancing. We ended up extending our time with him at the end of the night because people didn't want the party to stop! Many of my favorite memories from that day involve watching everyone dancing and having a wonderful time. Peter was extremely professional and organized. We knew right after we met him that we could trust him, and it paid off. I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/09/2013

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Thank you very much, Ashleigh, for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! It's reviews like this that have helped me earn the "Wedding Wire Couples Choice" award... and it's also reviews like this that have helped other couples find me and fill my calendar for 2014. Your wedding was a lot of fun... I have to give you some of the credit for submitting some great song requests that you knew your guests would enjoy. Thanks again for hiring me, and all my best to you and Sean!!
    My blog post: http://www.peterthedj.com/2013/10/wedding-photos-ashleigh-and-sean-92813/

Jessica · Married on 08/31/2013

Peter was a pleasure to work with for sure! He did a great job editing a special request song for a mother-daughter dance! Also, our guests truly had a great time.
    Thank you!

Sent on 09/18/2013

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Jessica, thank you very much for this review! I appreciate it and I hope you and Gary are doing well. All the best to both of you!
    My blog post: http://www.peterthedj.com/2013/10/wedding-photos-jessica-and-gary-83113/

Allison · Married on 08/17/2013

Peter was the DJ for our August wedding reception and we are so glad that he was! We planned our wedding from out of town and didn’t even get to meet Peter until a few weeks before our wedding, but the long-distance wasn’t an issue at all as Peter worked with us to schedule phone calls and was always quick to answer emails. This flexibility and responsiveness was key for keeping stress levels low! The planning process also went very smoothly because of how organized Peter was. He had a lot of helpful resources that he shared with us, such as ideas for songs, and he also had a planning worksheet that covered day-of details and timing of reception events.

At our reception, Peter brought the exact right amount of enthusiasm to his announcements, he had a very professional and unobtrusive setup, and most importantly, the music was great! Although we only provided general guidelines as to the type of music we wanted to hear, he totally got our style and what would keep our guests dancing. Everyone had a lot of fun and we got tons of compliments on the music selection.

We would absolutely recommend Peter. He is reliable, knowledgeable, affordable, and just all around wonderful to work with. You will be glad you hired him!

Sent on 12/08/2013

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Allison, thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! I had a great time playing the reception for you and Jason. You had a great group of guests, and what a wonderful venue! I hope you are both doing well and I wish you all the best!
    My blog post: http://www.peterthedj.com/2013/10/wedding-photos-allison-and-jason-81713/

I STRONGLY recommend Peter!
    Here's why:
    -I really wanted our wedding to be a dance party, and that's exactly what it was.
    -I can't even count how many compliments we got on our music because of Peter. One of my friends liked him so much she's using him for her wedding.
    -Peter is so nice and kind and just someone you are happy to celebrate your day with.

I chose Peter because a few of his reviews said he would play exactly what you asked him. I created a pretty long spreadsheet with songs to play (which pretty much took up the full time), and Peter played all of them. We asked him pretty late to play during our dinner, and he did a great job playing background music as well.

Peter is flexible, kind and plays a really great party!
    I strongly recommend!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I realize you didn't want your name on the review, but based on the description, I can tell which wedding this was -- just wanted to say I had a great time, and I loved the venue. Thanks again for choosing me as your DJ and for the review. And thanks for having the friend there, who booked me for next year! I wish you and your spouse all the best in the new year!

Josh & Annie · Married on 08/10/2013

We got married this past August and were struggling to find a DJ that we could afford and that would give us what we wanted. We found Peter on Facebook and immediately we drawn to his services from the professionalism he displayed on his website and over the phone. Our interview with him was the final "yes" that we needed. The best thing that you get with Peter, besides the overwhelming price and value, is his professionalism and desire to give you what you want. He really showed that he knows what and who this day is truly about. Our reception, was not his show, it was what we needed and what we wanted and he made sure of it. He was fantastic at working with the venue staff to keep the night flowing behind the scenes and great at reading our dance floor to play the songs that we requested, keep the ones off that we didn't want and also throw in some that he knew the crowd would love. What a great night he gave us and such a pleasure to work with. We HIGHLY recommend Peter to anyone. Thank you Peter!

Sent on 12/15/2013

Peter Naughton Productions's reply:

Josh and Annie, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! I had a lot of fun playing your wedding. The decor was great, and before your wedding, I had never really explored the origin of the phrase "tying the knot," so I learned something new! I wish you both all the best!
    Blog post: http://www.peterthedj.com/2013/10/wedding-photos-annie-and-josh-81013/