121 Reviews for Pete Smyser

Instrumentals (3)
Learn New Songs (3)
Liability Insurance (3)
Reception (2)

Pete was great. Obviously great at what he does, super helpful, and has an extensive repertoire. We missed a lot of the cocktail hour music but it was very well received!

Profile Picture Matt, 8/25/18, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Liability Insurance, Reception, Guitar

Pete was fantastic to work with since day one for our wedding! He always responded quickly to emails and any questions we had throughout the process. His music selection was very comprehensive for any style we wanted (we went with contemporary). We had positive feedback from our pastor whom Pete talked to about how the ceremony would run for timing, and we had great feedback from guests as well as how much they enjoyed the music for both ceremony and cocktail hour. The ceremony music was just what I had hoped for as well, absolutely beautiful. Pete was a pleasure to work with and my husband and I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Samantha, 7/21/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Guitar

Pete is an amazing performer and an absolute professional. He was very communicative and accommodating throughout the planning process, extremely well prepared and punctual, and all of our wedding guests loved the music!

Profile Picture Riley, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Pete was a consummate professional. He gave helpful updates when we needed to give him something without being annoying. And of course, the music was great! I can still hear the echoes of the recessional music quite clearly.

Profile Picture Nate, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Pete is not only a truly talented guitar player, he's also a class guy. He played for our ceremony and cocktail hour and he added an amazing touch of elegance. We got so many compliments!! I would highly recommend using Pete for your wedding.

Profile Picture David, 12/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We hired Pete Smyser to play during our wedding ceremony and cocktail reception. He's a consummate professional from start to finish! He played beautifully and we received many compliments on the music. Check out Pete's Youtube page for a great sample of his work -- you won't be disappointed! We highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Christine, 12/15/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Guitar, Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour

Peter was wonderful. He made my wedding so special by learning a new song. He was very professional and went with the flow. Made things easier for me and my fiancé. The music was beautiful. My guest love every minute of it. Thank you peter!

Profile Picture Paola, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learn New Songs, Guitar

We couldn’t have imagined a better musician to play at our wedding! Pete was professional, extremely responsive and an amazing and personal touch to our wedding. He’s an incredibly talented artist. All the guests enjoyed his 7 string guitar and style of play which provided the perfect musical ambiance for the evening!! We can’t thank you enough Pete!!

Profile Picture MEGAN, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We had Pete play solo guitar at our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. What a pleasure the whole experience was - he was prompt and professional in all of his communications, and the music was everything I was looking for. Nearly everyone took the time to tell us how brilliant his playing was during the reception; it was wonderful to have such great music as the aural backdrop for our evening, keeping us entertained while allowing us to talk and laugh with our friends and family. I truly have no regrets hiring Pete, and would happily do so again!

-- Joe & Will

Profile Picture Joseph, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Guitar, Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception

Pete is a total pro! Truly a fantastic musician, and he makes sure that the last thing you'll have to worry about on your wedding day is the music. Recommended!

Profile Picture Brenda, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Guitar, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Instrumental-Solo

Pete was great and the acoustic guitar music was the perfect touch for our outdoor wedding ceremony and cocktail hour! Pete allowed us to choose the songs we wanted played and was extremely easy to work with leading up to our big day. Can't say enough good things!

Profile Picture Samantha, 8/19/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Guitar, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Liability Insurance

Pete Smyser is extremely professional and a top-notch guitar player. His performance made our wedding ceremony amazing and we couldn't be happier. He was professional from start to finish and was very helpful when we were choosing songs for the ceremony. I'd highly recommend Pete!

Profile Picture Jonathan, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Pete Smyser played solo guitar for my daughter's wedding ceremony and during the cocktail hour. His entire quintet played for my daughter's afternoon wedding reception. We couldn't have asked for a more consummate professional in Pete. During the planning stages, Pete was very responsive to each and every question. He would call or email promptly to answer a question. My daughter and I were fortunate to hear Pete play his guitar with saxophonist, Ted Lis, several years earlier, and we absolutely loved their beautiful music. Pete and Ted, along with the entire quintet, are really a dream team of musicians, and provided just the perfect touch of sophisticated, smooth jazz for the wedding reception.

Profile Picture Stacey, 6/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Pete performed the music for the ceremony and cocktail hour at our wedding. He was wonderful, flexible and professional! What I really appreciated was that Pete made the planning easy by providing us with his advice on what music we may need, where in the timeline it would be played and how many songs we should pick out. He was so easy to work with and I would recommend him without hesitation.

Profile Picture Emily, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Pete is TOP NOTCH! He's a talented musician and a helpful vendor - Pete helped us choose our ceremony music and had a lot of great suggestions. He was super flexible too (we ended up changing venues and times, and while a few of our vendors grumbled, Pete was super cool and just sent us a new contract). Pete provided guitar and flute music for our ceremony, and a jazz band for our cocktail hour. My ONLY regret is not having Pete play for the entire reception as well!

Profile Picture Julie, 6/17/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We were so happy we had Pete play at our wedding ceremony! We received several compliments from our guests saying how wonderful he sounded! We watched our wedding video and hearing him play during the main entrances, it was great! His prices are affordable and the best we found. He is very responsive to emails and his suggestions are very helpful. We recommend Pete to anyone, you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Casey, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Pete was extremely kind, responsive, professional, and talented. In a wedding day full of stress, we did not have to worry about Pete. Thank you!

Profile Picture David, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Pete was an excellent partner and really made our ceremony! He was responsive, professional, and easy to work with throughout the process. On the day of, he played beautifully (we got lots of compliments), and was flexible in adding a few extra songs of his choice when our ceremony started a bit late. His list of songs is extensive and covers a ton of styles, and they all sound great! We highly recommend working with him.

Profile Picture Jesse, 4/29/17, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony, Guitar

Pete Smysers talent is unparalleled across a broad catalog of genres and styles. We hired Pete to play acoustic guitar with a violinist for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. I can't think of anything that was less than perfect in my experience working with Pete. He is a wonderful talented musician with a large repertoire to choose from. He was very responsive to my emails and provided us with samples of his music on his website. We received so many compliments from our guests about the music. I honestly wish I was a guest so I could have sat down and listened to the whole performance. If you're looking for live music for your event, no need to look any further, Pete is the WHOLE package.

Profile Picture Adam, 4/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Pete was so amazing to work with! He made our ceremony and cocktail hour so special. He even learned two songs for us per our request. He was amazing and so easy to work with! We highly recommend Pete!

Profile Picture Melissa, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Pete was amazing and I would highly recommend him. He's one vendor we were super excited about, and we were not disappointed! We hired him to play solo guitar for 30 minutes of prelude music and then our ceremony music. His rates were reasonable, he has an extensive song list, and he plays beautifully. We got many compliments about him and how beautiful the music was. Also, working with Pete was so easy. He was very responsive and professional. Would absolutely recommend him to anyone. I just wish that, on our wedding day, I was able to enjoy his music more--instead of hiding in the bridal lounge during the prelude!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 3/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Pete was amazing, I only wish I was a guest so I could have listened to more of his music! He was great to work with and responded quickly to all of my emails. Upon booking he went ahead and recorded my entrance song which was absolutely breathtaking. His music brought me to tears and I was so happy to have such a talented artist at our ceremony and cocktail hour. Mahalo for everything Pete!!

Profile Picture Megan, 11/5/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learn New Songs, Guitar

Pete was absolutely perfect!! Highly recommend!!! We were so pleased with all his music and talent! Our guest loved him!!

Profile Picture User6056535, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

As a professional musician, I'm rather picky about these things... Pete was absolutely perfect as the solo guitarist for our wedding reception/luncheon. He was a pleasure to deal with, tailored his set lists precisely to our wishes, and (most importantly) played beautifully. I happily recommend him.

Profile Picture David, 10/9/16, 1 Review