Petals and Lace Events Reviews

46 | Beaverdam, VA

46 Reviews for Petals and Lace Events

Molly · Married on 09/29/2018

Petals & Lace Events is fabulous! I cannot say enough great things about Karla! She was highly organized, quickly responsive to my emails and calls, and paid great attention to detail. Karla is friendly and compassionate and really helped my vision come true. She even went out of her way to attend one of my dress alteration appointments since I wasn’t getting what I wanted, which I will be forever grateful for. Her love and passion for weddings and making her brides feel special is evident in all she does. My family and I highly recommend Petals & Lace Events for all of your wedding planning needs.

Sent on 10/13/2018
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 09/08/2018

I could not say enough great things about Karla! She was so helpful with the entire process and knows the business like the back of her hand. We had several in person meetings and phone chats to make sure we were on track with everything. I could text her whenever I needed and she responded so quickly. She went on vacation the week before our wedding and made sure I knew that I could communicate with her if I needed something...thats true passion. It really felt like we were her only clients from start to finish. She had great vendor recommendations, gave great advice when needed, and was especially helpful on wedding day. She kept everything running smoothly and made everything so easy for us. I didn't have a single worry on wedding day because her taste is incredible and I fully trusted her judgement. She is so easy to work with and kept everyone in line. She wasn't afraid to stand up to someone if they weren't acting right, which was weight off my shoulders! She kept everything on schedule and made sure I was breathing (which was needed). My vision truly took shape all because of her and her team. She also made it a point to make sure she knew who we are as people and loved our baby boy. She wanted to be his best friend! Our ring bearer was our son and we totally forgot his outfit for wedding day and she handled the situation like a true professional. His outfit was there! I don't know how she did it, but I could not be more grateful for you, Karla. You are so sweet and all of our guests raved about you. Hire Petals & Lace for your wedding!!! They will make your day more special than you ever dreamed. We couldn't have done it without you!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Courtney · Married on 08/18/2018

Having a Day-Of Coordinator is a must for your wedding day, but having Karla is the BEST. I could not have picked a better gal to handle each detail that occurred on the day-of and month-of my Wedding Day. Karla, business owner of Petals and Lace Events, met with me in-person ~3-4 times prior to my wedding, and spoke on the phone with me many times leading up to the big day. If she could tell I was feeling stressed via text message, she called me to smooth things out and alleviated that stress. Her years of experience were valuable to bounce ideas off of for anything--deciding how much to decorate, do you really need those extra lights, and how to handle things that go wrong at the last minute. The DAY BEFORE my wedding, my catering company refused to set up tables and chairs although negotiated prior to wedding day. Regardless of whatever miscommunication occurred for this to happen, Karla set up 20+ tables and chairs, AND moved 200+ chairs from ceremony to reception site without me having to worry a bit over this mishap. Karla's professionalism and integrity assured me that I could trust her to make everything happen. Karla was a gem to work with, very reasonably charges for her services, and respectfully makes all things happen your way. Hire Petals and Lace and your stress will immediately decrease after your first conversation with Karla.

Sent on 09/04/2018

Carol · Married on 07/14/2018

Karla was extremely helpful with my daughter’s wedding from start to finish. She assisted with timeline, budget and vendors and answered any questions along the way. She ran the rehearsal and wedding ceremony and reception seeing to every detail. Her expertise and guidance were indispensable. I highly recommend Karla.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Amy · Married on 06/23/2018

Karla Crisp of Petals & Lace Events is an absolute dream to work with. She went above and beyond for my husband and I for our wedding and is the wedding planner that every bride deserves, needs, and should have on their wedding day. I interviewed a few wedding planners, but when I met her, I instantly felt a connection. She was personable, friendly, and fun to talk to and listened to my entire vision and wanted to know all about Chris and me as a couple. We weren't just dollar signs to her, she delivered on all of her promises and cared about us and that meant the most. She was not pushy, snobby, nor did she try and talk us into anything we weren't willing to do. She was incredibly organized, detail-oriented, and really cares about her bride and grooms' happiness and vision. Her friendly, bubbly personality, combined with her assertiveness when dealing with our venue, and calm demeanor when we got stressed made her the perfect choice for us. She listens and is ready to tackle all your ideas for your dream wedding while helping to guide you into something feasible when you've gone down the Pinterest rabbit hole. She executed my vision for my boho wedding perfectly. It was laid back, fun, whimsical, and we had a lot of personal touches and details we wanted to add and she nailed every single one. See photos!! She kept in constant communication with us and we never wondered for a second if we made the wrong choice. She was there for countless meetings, and from day one, when we talked about our day to the send-off she was just amazing. She worked her ass off and then some. So many of our guests raved about how nice and welcoming she was. We had an outdoor ceremony and it went from blue skies to a downpour right in the middle and when our venue coordinators didn't know what to do, Karla sprung into action and rounded up 145 guests, got them on the bus quickly, and got the ceremony going inside. Weddingwire has a word limit, but if you hire anyone for your day, HIRE HER.

Sent on 07/28/2018

Shannon · Married on 01/27/2018

Oh my goodness- the most perfect, beautiful, stress-free day thanks to Karla. Her attention to detail and love for what she does made our whole experience so much fun. We even hired her while I was out of the state for a few months and her communication was excellent. Highly highly highly recommended. THANK YOU KARLA!!!! You made our day better than we couldve ever imagined.

Sent on 01/28/2018

Lindsay · Married on 12/01/2017

Karla was more than I ever dreamed of in a wedding planner. She was patient, kind, helpful, and she is GREAT at what she does. She let me have control when I needed it, and knew exactly when to step in and help without me having to ask. She is consistent, professional, organized, and timely. I really felt like I had a friend throughout my process and time with her, and feel as though I'm taking a friend with me. She is worth every penny and more. Do not hesitate, book her NOW!!!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Nicole · Married on 11/04/2017

Flawless! Hire her!

Karla is a one of a kind planner! She is not only friendly and amazing at her job but she is so responsive and eager to assist in any way! I highly recommend hiring her team for ANY event. I have a feeling a friendship has started since I met her!!!

Sent on 11/23/2018

Meredith · Married on 10/14/2017

I really cannot describe how valuable Karla was to planning our Wedding. I live in Oklahoma and had just moved from Virginia. I needed someone to handle every last detail while I am across the country. She took on every single detail, hardship, and task with true grace. She is direct, effective, and very kind. Sometimes there can be issues when everyone in the bride's family wants everything their way. Karla took that on and made everyone feel like they won..... while making sure the Bride took home the actual trophy :) I would have cancelled my wedding had I not hired Karla. I promise you that.... I would have eloped and not done it. Once I found her, I had true hope and confidence that our wedding would be everything I had ever dreamed of.... and it was. Petals and Lace Events will always hold a spot in my heart for creating a fairy tale for me. I would recommend them to anyone wanting their dream to come true for their wedding or really any event that you have your heart set on. Thank you, Karla!

Sent on 11/04/2017

Samantha · Married on 10/13/2017

Hiring Karla was the best decision I made during wedding planning. In fact, I wish I would have hired her sooner. She was so responsive, helpful and incredibly easy to work with. Our reception room was very basic but Karla and her assistant turned it into something amazing. I was able to relax all night because I knew I could trust them to handle anything that came up. My fiancé was hesistant to hire someone but at the end of the night he said “Thank God for Karla.” Do yourself a favor and hire her.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Nadia · Married on 10/07/2017

Choosing Karla as our wedding planner was such a blessing. I had been searching for a wedding planner for months before I came across Petals and Lace Events on social media. After a couple of failed attempts at a consultation with two other wedding planners (they either forgot the appointment or canceled last minute) I was starting to lose hope. After our phone consultation, all of my worries and stress completely went away. We instantly clicked over the phone and it was a no brainer that I chose her to help plan my day. She kept in touch with me throughout the planning process and coordinated with all of our vendors to ensure everyone was on the same page. Our wedding venue used the same space for our reception and ceremony. Karla met with us and our venue coordinators a week before our wedding to make sure everything would go smooth on our wedding day. On the day of our wedding, Karla and her assistant went above and beyond to make sure everything went as planned. They, along with our venue coordinators, flipped the space from ceremony to reception in only 20 minutes. I had a last minute dress emergency just before the ceremony and Karla kept me calm, and with our photographer and venue coordinator’s help, came up with a solution to fix my dress. There were so many things Karla and her assistant did behind the scenes to make our day special. We were able to enjoy ourselves and celebrate with our guests knowing that we didn’t have to worry about anything. Words cannot express the gratitude my husband and I have for Karla and all of her hard work that made our day the wedding of our dreams. It’s safe to say our wedding would not have been the same without her. Not only was Karla professional and did an amazing job planning our big day, she is also very kind and has such an outgoing personality. Our bridal party, family, and guests all loved Karla and her assistant. We consider her a part of our family now and would highly recommend her anyone!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Alyssa · Married on 09/02/2017

We can't imagine what our wedding would have been last weekend without Karla! She truly put her heart and soul into making our day so special and perfect! Planning a wedding from states away should have been the most stressful thing, but instead, we were able to arrive with total confidence that our wedding would go off without a hitch. It was supposed to be a rainy, dreadful day, which seemed like it would surely ruin our outdoor vineyard wedding. Karla planned several options to prepare for the weather, and did so with so much positivity, that we felt like it would still be as beautiful as we had imagined it. She insisted that the rain would hold off, and it did! We had the most memorable and romantic ceremony and reception! Even despite the weather and unforeseen hiccups with the vendors, she was able to completely give us her attention and support while handling and overcoming those obstacles with ease and grace. We were able to enjoy our day and celebrate with our loved ones without any worries or distractions. She connected with us in such a special way, and she became much like a part of our family. We owe her thanks beyond words for orchestrating a perfect day in the most imperfect situation. We can't recommend her enough! We, as well as our friends and family, were so impressed and humbled by her attention to detail, outgoing and kind personality, and her willingness to go above and beyond for us! We're so thankful that she was part of our wedding planning and big day. We will forever look at her as a friend.

Sent on 09/09/2017

Rachel · Married on 05/28/2017

From the second we sat down with Karla I knew everything was going to be taken care of. By the time our first meeting was over my eye tic (caused by detail stress) had stopped completely. She did a wonderful job coordinating all of my vendors and executing the setup of both the wedding site and the reception sites. It was an incredibly long day and she stuck with us until the end, midnight. When we had a few unexpected guest show up Karla was on top of seating them at empty spaces. We had well over 250 guests, all of whom were moved from cocktail hour into the ball room quickly and on time. Karla made a time line and we stuck to it. She also had the pleasure of working with a very trying vendor and defused a few situations the day of the wedding without burdening me with the problems. If I could do it all again I would have hired her from the start because she was so great to work with. Karla has a very calming presence that was very relaxing to be around on such a high stress day.

Sent on 06/28/2017

Bridgett · Married on 05/06/2017

Karla was simply awesome. From our first meeting, I knew that she would be the one to help us create our vision for our wedding day while respecting our budget. Karla not only kept our best interest at heart, she also never compromised quality. She pointed us in the direction of established and trustworthy vendors that were in budget. Whatever challenge or idea we came up with, she went with. She followed my Pinterest board, and collaborated with us on ideas and options that were realistic. One of the best things about our experience with Karla, was that when we ran into issues (which happened more than once), Karla ALWAYS had a ‘plan B’ for anything. She understands that even when things are set, problems can still come up (because we are dealing with humans, after all) and she is ready to tackle any task. Karla was also extremely professional and kept us on track throughout the entire wedding planning process. At our meetings, she would ask progress on tasks, and let me know what I needed to work on next. Karla was completely invested in our wedding day; she was excited for us and she truly cared about us. We would highly recommend Petals and Lace Events for your wedding. She is honest, respectful, and has a true eye for creating your vision of your perfect day.

Sent on 05/16/2017

Kiryako · Married on 04/29/2017

Karla Crisp was more than great! She was always there to help us when there was a problem. We honestly couldn't do it without you. If you are searching for a wedding planner, pick up your phone now and give her a call. You won't be dissaponited!

Sent on 05/14/2017
  • Katie

Katie Clark · Married on 02/09/2017

Vendor Review

Kombi Keg RVA had the pleasure of working with Karla while celebrating an awesome couple! The wedding was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL and Karla made sure we (as vendors) were taken care of through out the day. Working in the wedding industry it is clear why so many couples decide to work with a professional planner. There are so many details that constantly need to be tended to. Thank you Karla for all you do! Can't wait to work with you again soon!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Laura · Married on 10/29/2016

Karla was professional, handled everything I asked her, kept things going on time, and made sure my husband and I weren't aware of any issues on our big day!

Sent on 01/27/2017

Angela · Married on 06/25/2016

Karla was absolutely amazing! She is a true professional. She remained calm, assertive and focused on everything that I wanted!

Sent on 01/27/2017

Caitlin · Married on 08/19/2017

Karla (and her team) were great help for my August 19, 2017 wedding!
    We got married at Alturia Farm (which she frequents and knows well!) and she took all of our requests (which were a lot, from a lot of family members' input as well) and helped turn it into our perfect day! She knew my mom had very specific plans, and let her run with that, all while also making sure my mom was Mother of the Bride the day of the wedding. We had a few meetings during the months before the wedding - details and questions and goals, etc, and we plan to follow up with her as our next chapter has just begun! Thanks for all your help, Karla!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Jeanne · Married on 11/02/2019

2.0

I mean the wedding happened

Everything seemed to start out great but at some point we felt like we stopped being a priority. Our caterer was never contacted after I specifically asked Karla to reach out and several other items appeared to fall through the cracks. She waited until last minute to remind us about the ABC license. She was nonplussed about the issue, bragging she had gotten it done in 2 days before, which in our opinion is not something to be proud of. My husband had an unexpected loss in his family 2 weeks before the ceremony and instead of being able to grieve he was making repeated calls to the ABC board and stressing about items we thought were handled. I started to feel like we were managing our wedding planner when we were really looking for her to manage the process. Overall the wedding happened and our guests had a great time, so I guess she did ok.

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Bea

Bea Cross · Married on 09/13/2020

1.6
      1.0
      1.0

Disappointed

I did have a beautiful wedding, however I didn’t feel as supported as I had hoped having invested in a wedding planner. I felt that most of the time she was busy with other things and didn’t seem to have much time for me. I felt extremely stressed and really didn’t have a ton of faith that she cared about the outcome of my wedding as I did. communication was a huge issue, I had super high hopes getting a planner but now feel the investment would’ve been better used elsewhere for what I received. Would not recommend.

Sent on 09/17/2020