Petal Pushers Reviews

120 | Trenton, NJ

120 Reviews for Petal Pushers

Tracey · Married on 09/25/2016

Dawn and the rest of the team at Petal Pushers are amazing! They were so accommodating and easy to work with. Dawn met with us several times before our wedding and was always quick to respond when we had a question or concern. When the day came, the flowers were even more beautiful than I could have imagined, and we got so many compliments on the bouquets and centerpieces. I would absolutely recommend working with them!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Before the day of my wedding, I was saying to people that of all my vendors, the florist was the one that was providing the best communication, and they were so great to work out so many designs when I only had vague ideas for what I wanted. Which was why it so was surprising that Petal Pushers ended up providing the only stress the morning of the wedding.

1) My husband and I were getting ready with our families in separate locations. When the flowers were delivered, one of my families' corsages ended up mixed in with his, and my mother ended up chasing the delivery driver to make sure they had the missing flower. (To their credit, their policy usually only for one delivery location, but they broke it for me since my husband was getting ready close to their shop.)

2) There was a second reason my mom had to chase the delivery driver down: They'd promised me a way to attach my late grandmother's ring to my bouquet, and there was nothing there, which cued my only freak-out of the day. The driver promised to head back to the shop and drop something off at the venue. By the time it got to me (two ribbons, neither of which were long enough to reach around the bouquet, so we had to tie them together), we'd already taken most of the formal photos. The shop and the venue were only a few minutes away from each other, so I don't know what would have happened if they'd been further away.

3) My bouquet actually didn't match one part of the design I'd worked on with them, and my mom and I ended up cutting off part of it.

I'm still rating them highly. Looking back on it now, those are relatively minor things, even though they seemed major at the time. And considering I originally went to them not really knowing what I wanted, and coming out with designs I loved, that really does say something to their creativity.

Sent on 12/29/2014

Lisa · Married on 06/13/2014

Excellent service! beautiful creative designs! amazing staff!

Sent on 06/23/2014
  • Darlene

Darlene · Married on 08/25/2012

Erica and the crew from Petal Pushers was a wonderful experience to work with them. I don't really like flowers but I am so glad I ordered the most beautiful sunflowers from them. The cake decoration bought me to tears. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/17/2012

Sarah · Married on 09/06/2014

Karen and her team were my first pick for florists. I had seen her work in a friends wedding pictures and knew that she would be able to help me create my vision for my wedding. I gave her some pictures of what I had in mind and she was able to run with it. Karen knew how important the flowers were to me and she even created a bouquet and centerpiece for me to see a few months before my wedding. The day of my wedding, her work exceeded my expectation and she was even able to get anemones for me (which were out of season but were a must have for my bouquet). I can't say enough good things about Karen and her staff. I will certainly be recommending her to anyone getting married in the future!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Thank you for doing such an awesome with all the flowers at our wedding last Saturday at Sayen Gardens in Hamilton,NJ . We got nothing but great reviews on how lovely the all the flowers looked inside & outside . Thanks so much for making our wedding so beautiful, Sharon & Terry

Sent on 05/21/2014

Shannon · Married on 06/29/2013

I hired Petal Pushers because my mom, VP of the BBB, highly recommended them being that her company dealt with them on several occasions. After meeting with Karen, I knew that I had to hire her, she was finishing my sentences and I knew that she completely understood the vision that I had for my wedding day! We hired her immediately and she was available whenever I needed her going forward. In the last week, I called her to make several changes and to check on numerous details. Despite my "type A" personality, she was calming, flexible, and easy to deal with. My wedding day was absolutely everything that I could have dreamt of and more being that Karen and Petal Pushers were able to provide much more for me than flowers from signage to antique pieces and the perfect set up of it all. I wish I got to keep a few more flowers at the end of the night because a good deal of them went back to the florist in the vases they came in, but I would rehire them again in a second and will continue to recommend them to all future brides!
    Shannon

Sent on 07/24/2013

Arlyn · Married on 05/24/2015

Karen is an excellent florist and made our day absolutely beautiful. She demonstrates a deep knowledge and understanding of flowers and how they go together to create the perfect look. At our first meeting with Karen, we showed her pictures of the look, colors and feel of the flowers we wanted for our wedding. Neither of us know anything about flowers, and she put us at ease with her knowledge, expertise and understanding of what we wanted. On our wedding day, she delivered in helping us achieve the exact look and feel we were going for. Karen is flexible, knowledgeable and passionate about what she does and her work reflects that.

Sent on 06/05/2015

Karen · Married on 07/29/2011

Petal Pushers provided beautiful flowers for my wedding at Mercer Oaks. The bridal bouquet turned out just like I imagined. They were very friendly and easy to work with also.

Sent on 08/26/2011
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 09/24/2017

We had Karen do a bridal bouquet, groomsmen boutonnieres, bridesmaid lanterns, cake decor, and ceremony decor. When I walked into the bridal suite and saw the flowers sitting there in the sunlight, they looked so beautiful! Karen captured my idea of filling the girls' lanterns with flowers perfectly. I only knocked off one star because some blush pink made its way into my bouquet, and I just don't like pink (and it wasn't in our wedding colors). Regardless, it was a very pretty bouquet, and a good size for me - I was worried about a cascading bouquet looking too big in my hands. Boutonnieres looked great. The flowers all survived throughout the surprisingly very hot end of September day and everything was delivered and set up on time.

Sent on 11/05/2017

I loved Petal Pushers! They made my experience very easy, which is what I was looking for. I showed up, told them what I wanted, and showed them a pinterest board. They ran with it! I loved the flowers and I barely had to think about it! Everything went so smoothly on our wedding day that I didn't even see their people.

I would recommend them!

Sent on 10/04/2016

chelsea · Married on 10/14/2016

3.5

I selected Petal Pushers because it was local to me and I also always got my prom flowers from there. Karen was great - she is definitely quick and wants to get stuff done. I gave her pictures of everything I wanted and she assured me that they could do that no problem. The onlly issue I had was when it came to do the day of the wedding, everything was gorgeous but what I showed her in pictures and what I saw was not the same in terms of fullness and even particular types of greenery. It was still a beautiful day.

I would still recommend them - I would just make sure you confirm exactly what you're receiving.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Christa · Married on 04/16/2016

3.5

The flowers turned out absolutely beautiful for our wedding. We showed Petal Pushers our vision and they came back with arrangements that our guests were talking about all night (and the next day!). In all honesty, when we first started planning, flowers were sort of a "nice to have" not a "need to have" for us because we had felt that the cost wouldn't be justified if most guests weren'g going to pay much notice to them, but Petal Pushers completely changed our outlook! We were so very happy with the results and truly felt the flowers they provided made our wedding even more special!

Sent on 04/18/2016
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 04/20/2019

3.0

Dream flowers

We met with Petal Pushers very early in our planning process. We had heard a lot of great things about them from friends in the area and we wanted to get them for our date as soon as possible. We fell in love with the flowers in the shop and their flexibility right away so we booked with them immediately. We didn’t have a clear vision of what we wanted for the wedding for the first meeting since it was so early in our planning process. I was nervous before the second meeting a month before the wedding but our designer made me feel so confident. She was willing work with the changes we had from the original meeting. She was so open to looking at the ideas I had and making it so my husband and I both got what we wanted. I wish every bride had the feeling of confidence that I had when we left our meeting with her.
    I was overjoyed when I saw my bouquet….she took all the ideas I had and made them come together in real life. The flower arrangements as decorations throughout the venue - the mantle piece, the rose petals at the altar, the side arrangements, the cake flowers, the list goes on and one. They were all wonderful. I cried when I saw the ceremony space. I would only recommend being specific about ribbon colors on the bouquets. I don't recall discussing ribbon colors at our meetings but I did mention our weddings were slate blue. I didn't notice on the day of because I was so busy but they had put baby blue ribbons on the bridesmaids’ bouquets that didn’t match their dresses at all. Sadly, looking back at some of my wedding photos makes me sad seeing how badly these stand out and clash. Since my wedding, so many people have told me they're using petal pushers. My boss's daughter actually used them for her wedding!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Victoria · Married on 09/28/2018

3.0

Beautiful!!!

originally my husband and I were going to order our flowers in bulk and dontge centerpieces ourselves. Last minute we decided to book a florist to do it instead. Petal pushers was amazing through the process and brought our vision to life. I had the most beautiful flower crown and bouquet and our centerpieces were exactly what we envisioned. Thank you for making everything perfect!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Lori · Married on 05/18/2013

3.5

Overall it was a good experience working with them. Karen is very friendly, knowledgable and she tried to accommodate my off-beat tastes. My bridesmaids loved their bouquets and the tall centerpieces looked beautiful at the reception. We got a lot of compliments. :) I believe the value was good for our budget range. Only a couple nit-picks:

Even though in our meetings we had specifically agreed to no pastels, light pinks or orchids, my bouquet somehow arrived with light pink orchids scattered throughout. Odd. However, when I called about the mix-up, they promptly sent someone to pick it up to swap them out with plenty of time to spare before the ceremony. It was a nice bouquet, but it wasn't nearly as bold and vibrantly colored as I had tried to express in our meetings.

As for responsiveness, they were great on the phone. There were no issues with setting up a second meeting for a couple adjustments. However, none of my emails were ever responded to which I would have really preferred. At one point they had even requested me to email them with my Pinterest page which I had quickly sent, but then they called me a week later asking for it again. I told them I had emailed it already and it sounded like they quickly found it in their inbox. It doesn't seem like they check their email often, so I would suggest sticking to phone for everything. This might not be an issue to most people, but I personally prefer using emails for my own records and organization. :)

With all that said, I would still recommend them to most brides-to-be. I had meetings with 3 other florists before Petal Pushers and it was hard to find one that doesn't look at you with 3 heads when you have less traditional tastes.

Sent on 06/08/2013

Colleen · Married on 06/08/2018

4.2
      3.5

Was very nice working with petal pushers,everyone there is really professional
    And know what there doing.prices are reasonable.
    Was very satisfied with the flowers was everything I thought it be.

Sent on 06/17/2018
  • Sally

Sally Rahman · Married on 09/27/2019

Good service

Easy and smooth delivery to our wedding venue

Sent on 10/17/2019

Josephine · Married on 10/12/2018

October wedding 10/12/18

I love that they are a local florist. When you first walk in their shop you see so much character and the flowers smell wonderful. The bridal consultation room is very pretty and the staff truly make you feel welcomed and cared for. I worked with Dawn and the owner during for my wedding. My bouquet was big, and so beautiful! They do work with your budget and do their best to make your vision come true!

Sent on 01/22/2019
  • User4193724 · 2+ years ago

2.2
      1.0
      2.0

I was so excited to use Petal Pushers. They really seemed to capture my vision on the flowers and the colors that I wanted. I gave them color swabs and met with them 3 times! The last time I met I was very specific to insure I got the right color flowers on that day. Well on my wedding day I opened my eyes to bright lime green flowers all over. My bridesmaids color dresses were fuchsia! Not a good mix. Green was the one color I said not to put any of in my bridesmaids flowers (it was also stated on my contract.) They also had so many little green leaves popping out every where. Their bouquets were also very small. My mother and father were suppose to get purple orchids they received roses, the grooms mother was suppose to have a pin flower but she received a wristlet as well. My bouquet, luckily, had no green in it, but was not cascading like I wanted and my name was spelled wrong under the Bride name tag. The delivery guy was in such a rush to leave he didn't wait for me to actually look at them. I called the shop and no one was there and had no other means to contact her. I had to suck it up and have these lime green flowers in a white winter wedding. I am currently photo shopping all my pictures because I can't stand the sight on them. I did ask what happened and she stated that the design team decided that this color looked better! Needless to say I was shocked. They redid some flowers for me to have another photo shoot but it was not the same as my wedding day(and not everyone could make it), cant get that day back. I am sure they do great work. The redone flowers looked amazing, big bright and colorful, but that was a retake.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Petal Pushers's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We strive for perfection in all our designs, and occasionally miss the mark. Again, we apologize to you for any distress we caused you on your wedding day. We know that the refund of your wedding flowers as well as the complimentary replacement bouquets we provided for your photo reshoot cannot get your special day back, but you should know that because of this mishap, we have made several changes to help prevent this from ever happening again. Our brides now sign off on a more comprehensive contract and always have an after hours contact number. We appreciate your feedback and this opportunity to improve our service.