Petal and Bean Floral and Event Planning Reviews

Petal and Bean Floral and Event Planning 4
Petal and Bean Floral and Event Planning 5
Petal and Bean Floral and Event Planning 6
Petal and Bean Floral and Event Planning 7

I used Petal and Bean for my flowers and day of wedding planning services. Chrys was amazing to work with. She was on top of every detail, so organized, and prepared for everything. I loved my experience with her and would recommend her to anyone who needed help with planning. Such a pleasure! My flowers were simple and table decorations a bit unique, but Dina carried out my vision. Thank you both!

Sent on 08/02/2014

It was so cool to meet with Dina about flowers for my wedding - she knows so much about flowers! I brought in some photos on Pinterest of what I liked and she noticed that I liked round shaped flowers - who knew!!? She did - and that clicked with me that she totally knew what I wanted for flowers at my wedding. They were absolutely gorgeous and I wish they could have lasted forever! I gave her my budget and she worked with it substituting some flowers to make a less expensive arrangement.

The only thing I wasn't sure about was on my wedding day, I saw my wedding coordinator arranging the flowers on the tables. I thought that Petal and Bean would do that since I paid for delivery and set up. My coordinator said not to worry so I didn't and the flowers looked fabulous! I would just make clear how much set up they do as I'm not sure we went over that.

Sent on 10/26/2013
  • Karin

Karin · Married on 09/03/2016

3.5

I don't know anything about flowers. We got married outside in a back yard so I wasn't too worried about show-stopping florals. Kayle totally helped me through the process--we ended up just getting $200 worth of wildflowers for the tables and they were beautiful and we ended up with more than I expected so the value was good (I think. Again I don't really know anything about flowers.) Kayle didn't try to upsell me or anything or shame me for being a "DIY bride." And the flowers were beautiful!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Mary · Married on 08/23/2014

My flowers looked wonderful! I was so impressed with how knowledgeable Dana was. I explained what kind of flowers I liked and she put something together that was very unique and timeless. I was extremely pleased!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Abby · Married on 07/05/2009

I Just wanted to thank you for the beautiful arrangements for Sara and Tim's wedding. The bouquets were perfect and looked beautiful with everything else Sara used. You guys were amazing, prompt and efficient to work with and in addition, my bouquet (bridesmaid) still looks beautiful and fresh and it's been almost a week since the ceremony.

Sent on 07/11/2009
  • Mandinav

Amanda · Married on 09/05/2009

4.2

Beautiful job on bouquets and boutonnieres.

Sent on 09/22/2009

Jennifer · Married on 07/05/2014

3.5

Dina did a wonderful job on the flowers for our wedding. The flowers were absolutely perfect for the venue - they complimented without being overpowering, and the colors and textures were beautiful! She has great accessories that fit our vision perfectly.

Sent on 08/08/2014

Kevin · Married on 08/05/2011

Petal and Bean provided the flowers for our wedding and overall we were very happy we chose them. The flowers ended up being exactly what we wanted and Dina was helpful throughout the process. They use local flowers which was also important to us.

Sent on 10/09/2011

3.8
      3.0
      2.0

Dina made the most beautiful purple orchid bouquet for me! It was absolutely stunning and a great price! Unfortunately, she was difficult to work with and spoke to me very unprofessionally over the phone and in person. That being said, for a little extra stress my flowers turned out perfect!

Update: In response to the reply, I feel that my point about Dina speaking unprofessionally and making me feel stressed is proven. I was having a destination wedding and was unable to visit the flower shop in person and every time I tried to send a picture or explain my vision for the perfect bouquet, I was told that I was being controlling and demanding. At my first and only visit to the flower shop with my husband-to-be and bridesmaid, she was terribly rude and very off-putting. I did later receive an apology for this interaction which was appreciated. I hope this is an isolated incident and that they generally treat their brides with respect and kindness.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Petal and Bean Floral and Event Planning's reply:

We remember apologizing and moving forward, but unfortunately you as a bride were being difficult to work with, asking questions and being overly controlling of our design process. Once you let it go, we did create something very beautiful for your day, which we're very happy it turned out as nice as it did. Congratulations to you both.

2.6
      1.0
      0.5
      3.0

Petal and Bean is way overpriced for the quality received. I was expecting much larger bouquets and the boutonnieres and corsages were browning and wilted when my MOH picked them up for my wedding. There were far more greens than flowers and the bouquet looked too bundled and not arranged well. I did like the way they wrapped the stems though. We considered using them for DIY buckets of flowers for the reception but went with City Market in Dillon for the same flowers for a 1/4 of the price (peonies at around $15 is ridiculous). The best thing about the vendor is their ability to book flowers on short notice (3 weeks) but in the end I wish I would have made my own bouquet or shopped around more. The flowers were pretty, but not spectacular. Ultimately I would have been happier if I got what I paid for.

Sent on 06/28/2014

Petal and Bean Floral and Event Planning's reply:

I am writing to address your recent review. I am sorry that the flowers did not meet your expectations, your experience is atypical, and is not indicative of our consistently high-quality design services. On our website and on the various online sites you can find evidence of our successful business practices via reviews and testimonials of many happy clients. We wouldn't have lasted 20 years in this area if we didn't do good business, and that includes pricing that reflects fair market value.

Brown and wilting flowers leaving our shop just doesn't happen. If it was that evident, your MOH and our staff would have seen that. We simply don't let brown and wilting flowers go out the door. If they were like that when you picked them up, we would have gladly replaced them.We obviously can't replace them, as the moment has passed.

Once the flowers leave the climate-controlled refrigerator in our shop, the care is no longer under our supervision. Any number of things could have contributed to them browning. Hot cars, direct sunlight and warm summer temps all work against cut flowers.

We definitely don't agree with your statement regarding that our pricing is ridiculous, but was actually, cheaper or below average costs for peonies in Colorado at this time. Trust us, we've been ordering flowers for the past twenty years, and we didn't just jack up the price for you. We don't do that.

You said it yourself that you did not shop around. If you had, you would have realized that the cost of flowers from a boutique floral design company is not even comparable to what you get from a grocery store and flowers next to the mustard. It’s comparing oranges to apples.

The only analogy I could think of is if you were to go to a nice steakhouse and complain about the price of dinner because you get the same steak at the grocery store for a cheaper price... ^link

Andrea · Married on 10/01/2016

2.0

I had a small order, just a boutonniere and floral crown, from Petal & Bean for my wedding on 10-1-16. First off, I showed up at noon on the day of my wedding to pick up my order (as I have discussed via email with the owner Kayle), but my order was not ready. My ceremony didn't start until 4:30PM that day so that wasn't a very big deal. Luckily, they did make up for the delay by delivering my order to our accommodations at 1:45PM.

The other kicker was that my order was completely different than what I ordered. Unfortunately all these review sites don't allow you to post photos, but the photo of what I ordered and the photo of what I received are not remotely close in style. Thankfully I was prepared and had a multitude of scarves/shawls to choose from so I was able to find something that matched the new floral crown/boutonniere style. I was quite upset the day of about it, but it had been delivered so late in the day that I didn't have any other choice but to wear it. It almost seems as if they forgot my order and then used whatever they had sitting around the shop to make it in time for my ceremony.

I will say that while the order did not match what I had requested at all, it ended up looking very pretty in all the photos. Hence, why I gave the two stars instead of one.

****UPDATE****
    After hearing about my order, Kayle (the owner) offered me a sincere apology and issued a full refund.

Sent on 10/09/2016