Perfect Honeymoons Reviews

254 | Mount Pleasant, SC

254 Reviews for Perfect Honeymoons

Amazing trip to Italy! Can't wait for the next one.

Sent on 07/05/2013

Working with Jim helped make the honeymoon process so incredibly easy. The first meeting with him is very helpful because he sits down with you and really makes you figure out what you want out of a honeymoon before looking at different options. He knows all the questions to ask and is very friendly. He offered us numerous options and knew a lot of tricks to ensure a great stay. When we arrived at our resort and spoke with others on their honeymoon that booked themselves, it was clear the advantages we got by booking through Jim. He helped get us a nicer room than we would have booked on our own and also gave us pointers on how to get the most out of our vacation. The value is unbeatable and we would highly recommend using him for planning your honeymoon!

Sent on 06/28/2013
  • User2542048 · 2+ years ago

Jim was absolutely fantastic. He sat down with us and got to know us and gave us several options of different honeymoons we could take. They were all so wonderful we had a hard time choosing (and we had to decide we'll just take the others as other trips like a babymoon). The actual trip (to Belize) was fantastic. The hotels he booked were amazing, flight was smooth, and all other travel arrangements went smoother than we could've asked for. He was friendly, helpful, and always willing to answer our questions and got back to us with answers in a reasonable time. We can't wait for our next trip (and we've already recommended him to several of our friends)!

Sent on 07/17/2013

Jim was extremely helpful in helping us get exactly the honeymoon we wanted. He asked good questions and then listened as we described what kind of experience we wanted. He gave us options and then worked with us to fine tune our choices into a smooth and very satisfying travel experience.

Sent on 06/26/2013

Tiffany · Married on 05/04/2013

Jake and I were so pleased with our experience with Perfect Honeymoons! Gretchen has such a talent for listening to a couples interests and determining the best vacation for them! We had an amazing honeymoon in Belize and wouldn't have changed a thing. The relief alone of not having to plan something else in addition to our wedding was FANTASTIC, but I also know we were able to book a great deal. Thanks again!!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Carissa · Married on 05/04/2013

Jim did an overall amazing job planning our Honeymoon! We knew that we wanted to travel to Greece and Jim planned us a fabulous trip to Athens, Mykonos and Santorini! He took care of all of our flights, transfers and resort stays. Everything was right on the mark! The hotels we stayed were PERFECT! We received upgrades and many inclusions with our stays (breakfast in bed, massages, etc)! He also recommended places to visit, restaurants in each location. Our only hiccup, was with the airlines but with airline travel the way it is these days, it was out of our hands. But, even in saying this, it was truly the honeymoon of our dreams!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Pam · Married on 03/03/2013

Jim was highly recommended to us by several of our friends who used him to plan their honeymoons. We are so glad they recommended him! We had the best time and wouldn't have changed a thing.

My (now) husband and I had completely different visions on the perfect location for our honeymoon. After asking us both dozens of questions about our visions, budget and past vacations, Jim recommended the perfect compromise - Costa Rica! We spent 11 days traveling around to 3 different parts of the country. We didn't have to worry about a single thing as everything from the hotels, to the flights, to the transportation was all thought out and planned for us - which was much appreciated in a country we knew little about!

Jim was very honest, reliable, and trustworthy. We felt he had our best interests in mind from the start and really worked hard to plan the perfect honeymoon for us. We look forward to working with Jim on future vacations!

THANK YOU, JIM!

Sent on 03/24/2013

Alexandra · Married on 11/03/2012

We worked with Jim from Perfect Honeymoons and Holidays to book our Honeymoon in Hawaii and the trip was amazing. He recommended outstanding resorts, restaurants, things to do and see. While planning the wedding was very time consuming, he took a lot of the details involved with planning the honeymoon and did a fantastic job. I would use Jim to book my next big vacation and would definitely recommend to anyone going on their honeymoon!

Sent on 12/17/2012

Brigid · Married on 10/13/2012

I don't think I could have ever dreamed of a better honeymoon! Jim did an amazing job at planning this for us. We meet with him and we told him what we were looking for. Then he gave us some ideas of what would be in our budget, before then mapping out our trip. It was wonderful that everything was taken care of for us. We never had to worry about a thing. We always had someone waiting to pick us up. It was so great because Jim had broken our trip up for us. We spend the first 4 nights on Malolo Island in Fiji. This island was amazing with lots of things to do. Then he planned out our last 5 nights at Qamea island resort. Both islands were so beautiful, but Qamea was just amazing with its jungle and was so peaceful. The staff on Qamea Island was wonderful and helped make the trip even more memorable. If you are looking for a once in a life time trip, then Jim is the man to go to. He knows his stuff and you don't have to worry about a thing. I really could not have imagined a better honeymoon! Thanks you Jim.

Sent on 11/05/2012

Working with Jim, aka Mr. Honeymoon at Perfect Honeymoon & Holidays was a great experience. He put together a fabulous trip for us and we could not have been happier. We definitely look forward to booking future holiday travel with them again soon!

Sent on 11/22/2012
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 09/29/2012

Best honeymoon EVER!!! Jim helped us plan the honeymoon of our dreams.. a 10 night trip to Greece! We spent time in Athens, Mykonos, and Santorini and absolutely loved it all. Jim handled all our bookings, transfers, and even got us a bunch of upgrades too! He personal knows about and has been to all the hotels he recommends and he makes sure you get VIP treatment all the way. We got free spa treatments, breakfast in bed, and a free romantic dinner! He also gave us great advice on places to visit and restaurants to try. He really knows his stuff!! I know people often don't want to pay extra for a travel agent, but it really was the way to go.. he was worth EVERY penny.. we really had a worry-free vacation!!! He listened to everything we wanted and made it all happen!

Sent on 10/26/2012

Crystal · Married on 09/29/2012

The last thing I wanted to do after planning a wedding for the past year was more planning for the honeymoon! A friend recommended Jim to us after using him for their honeymoon, and he did not disappoint! My husband and I didn't really know where we wanted to go - and we both have different tastes in vacations (he's low key and likes to relax, while I like to be active). Jim listened to both our likes and dislikes, and he found the perfect place for us in Maui, Hawaii. We had the most amazing time there, and Jim was so helpful throughout the entire process. He was so knowledgeable about the island, from places to stay, things to do, restaurants to try, etc. And it was great having him do all the legwork (flights/hotels/rental cars). We had a last minute issue with our hotel (it was about to be renovated the week we were going - i.e. loud construction etc). Jim was worried that it may affect our relaxing stay, so he helped us switch over to an even nicer hotel super last minute - which turned out to be complete paradise! Jim was great, and we are looking forward to using him again for future trips!

Sent on 11/06/2012

cori · Married on 09/15/2012

I had planned on planning and arranging our honeymoon on my own and spent countless late nights researching places on TripAdvisor. I wanted to plan a perfect trip so my husband and I could share the prefect honeymoon. In the midst of work and planning a wedding, this was just another added pressure. Finally, I decided to enlist the help of a travel agent. Jim from Perfect Honeymoons & Holidays immediately gained our trust and we were sure he could plan us the perfect getaway. He did just that! Having traveled to many of the hotels in the area himself, he helped us choose the perfect hotel and gave us a list of recommended restaurants and things to do. Our hotels were stunning and comfortable (and by far the nicest we have ever stayed at). We tried many of the restaurants he suggested and they were all terrific! Jim got us a complimentary room upgrade and also left us some honeymoon treats in our suites! He was a pleasure to work with and really took the time to get to know us in order to help us arrange the best honeymoon possible. It was such an AMAZING trip and we could not have planned it better ourselves! Thank you, Jim, for taking the honeymoon planning stress off my plate and arranging such an awesome trip!

I definitely recommend Jim and Perfect Honeymoons & Holidays! My husband and I will be working with them to plan our future getaways for sure!

Sent on 11/07/2012

Scott · Married on 09/15/2012

I had been doing my own research on honeymoon destinations and had narrowed it down to a couple of places. I ended up meeting Jim at a wedding expo and found out that he had been to the resort I was considering. My fiance and I went and met with him at his office and went over what we wanted most out of our honeymoon experience. We ended up booking a resort in Cabo San Lucas and couldn't have been happier. Jim took care of all the booking and helped me set up things like dinner on the beach, wine tasting, and flowers in the room upon arrival. We even got a room upgrade when we got there. I would highly recommend using Perfect Honeymoons and will be consulting with Jim for future vacations.

Sent on 02/09/2013
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 08/18/2012

It was a pleasure working with Jim and Perfect Honeymoons in planning our dream honeymoon. We were referred to Jim by another couple that had a wonderful time on their honeymoon as well. When we first went to meet with Jim we had all intentions of going to Bora Bora, but due to recently purchasing our first home, we had to scale back our budget. Jim didn’t let us get discouraged by a smaller budget and only a week to spend on our honeymoon. Instead he gave us a questionnaire to gauge what exactly we were looking for in a vacation. After completing it and asking us some follow-up questions he suggested Anguilla. Our first reaction was, “where is Anguilla? We’ve never heard of it.” Anguilla is this beautiful small island in the Caribbean that honestly blew us away. The people, the food, the beaches, just simply amazing! After selling us on Anguilla, Jim gave us all the insider tips on the island (extremely helpful). He also suggested ways of getting upgrades as honeymooners, but he did caution us that they may and may not work (worked 40% of the time). When our departure plans got impacted due to Hurricane Isaac, I contacted Jim immediately with a one-liner email “Help!!!” and he did just that. I’ll be honest, I expected the song and dance of “well good luck”, “you’ll be ok”, or “don’t worry”, but Jim made sure we got back safely and followed up with us along the way. One of those personal touches that in my opinion separate Jim and Perfect Honeymoons from other travel agencies. I would definitely recommend Jim and Perfect Honeymoons to plan your honeymoon or next vacation as you will be tremendously impressed and overly happy with your selection. I know we were!

- Lenny & Michelle

Sent on 10/09/2012

Laura · Married on 08/05/2012

Jim Augerinos was fantastic. We had a wonderful experience meeting with him to book our honeymoon, and he let us know that because we were booking a trip to Mexico in hurricane season, there was a possibility that we may have to change our plans at the last minute. He included travel insurance in our booking and assured us that he could help rebook if necessary. Sure enough, the day before our flight, we learned that a hurricane was heading for our resort in the Riviera Maya (Secrets Maroma Beach) and would affect the area for the entire duration of our trip. We called Jim and he found us several options for last-minute alternatives. He ended up securing us a flight and a stay at another property of the same resort company (Secrets St. James) with nearly all of the same perks that we had originally booked - and he did it all eight hours before we took off. I can't speak highly enough about Jim and Perfect Honeymoons. We had the trip of a lifetime!

Sent on 09/10/2012

Stephanie · Married on 08/04/2012

My husband and I planned to go to Costa Rica for our honeymoon. We sought the help of Jim from Perfect Honeymoons. We told him what we wanted in our honeymoon and he took our budget and our wish list and made it happen. We did not have to worry about anything. Jim took care of everything and gave us some awesome recommendations. Of course we took all of his recommendations and had an amazing honeymoon. We want to thank him for giving us the best honeymoon we could have every dreamed of. We plan on going back to Costa Rica for our one year anniversary and recommended him to all of our friends. I highly recommend Perfect Honeymoon for your travel needs. He did an amazing job and owe him many thanks for the wonderful experience we had.

Sent on 09/20/2012

Karen · Married on 07/16/2012

Jim planned our honeymoon to Italy for us and we couldn't have been happier with our experience. When we initially met with him, he had a lot to share as he had taken a similar trip recently. He had lots of photos and recommendations to share. He was also mindful of the budget we had, and suggested places where we could splurge and where we could cut back. A week before leaving, we met again to go over final details and this was hugely helpful. All of our travel docs were neatly organized and very clear. It gave us such peace of mind knowing that should anything go wrong overseas, we had someone looking out for us! The trip itself was exactly what we were hoping for and the special touches at our accommodations were a nice surprise. We are so thankful that we decided to leave our honeymoon planning in Jim's good hands - it was incredible! We would highly recommend him.

Sent on 08/26/2012

Jim managed to plan the perfect honeymoon for two world travelers who have pretty much been everywhere and done anything. It was a big challenge for him (and us) to narrow down where to go, but we went to Costa Rica for two weeks and wouldn't have changed a thing. Jim planned something that was unique and involved our interests including sustainable travel, options for some serious hiking and whitewater, plenty of out of the way adventures and not only that he planned it in such a way where we didn't have to worry about a thing. Not connections not drivers not internal flights - nothing. On top of that, while we were there we showed up to our hotels often with complimentary massages and once a complete room upgrade! It was great and one of the most fun and relaxing vacations. More importantly, we could not have planned this ourselves. We wouldn't have known where to begin, but he turned it around in three or four days. It was one of the easiest parts of our wedding planning in fact. If we do a big trip again, Jim will be planning it - even if it isn't our honeymoon. If you think you are a jaded world traveler who could do this on your own, think again. Just go to Perfect Honeymoons and get just that!

Sent on 07/21/2012

Justin · Married on 07/07/2012

Gretchen helped us plan our honeymoon to southeast Asia and she was awesome. She adjusted to our ideas and was always open to suggest other things we could do on our honeymoon. The process was easy, fun and we will definitely do it again.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Heather · Married on 06/02/2012

I can't say enough about perfect honeymoons! Jim was awesome to work with, so knowledgable. He worked within our budget and our trip exceeded our expectations!!!

Sent on 06/25/2012

My husband I are worked with Jim to help us plan our honeymoon. We have never gone through a travel agent before, but in this case, because there are just so many logistics when planning a long honeymoon, we decided we wanted to find someone to do all the detail work for us. When we met with Jim, we weren't certain where we wanted to go. We gave him our top 3 choices, and he was completely upfront and honest about the pros and cons of each area. He did not try to sugar coat anything. He had been to all of the locations himself, so it was great to hear his firsthand experience about each place. We really appreciated that because, when planning a wedding, we all know how much people are trying to take advantage of us. One we narrowed it down to Hawaii, he gave us a wonderful proposal just 2 days later! He had covered everything: flights, rentals, and hotels. All the stuff that is painful to search for when you don't know an area. A few weeks before we left for the wedding, we went to pick up our travel documents from him. This allowed us to ask all of those last-minute questions. He had organized the entire travel itinerary for us, complete with maps and the top things to do in each location. And we did quite a bit of those things on the package of information he provided for us! So how was the honeymoon? Spectacular! Jim really took our requests when picking the hotel locations for us. And because of his relationships with these hotels, we were put in beautiful rooms on both islands. Because Jim has been a travel agent for a long time, and has personal experience to all of these locations, he makes for a fantastic travel agent. Even though we went on our honeymoon 3 months after getting married, it was just so nice to have someone do all of the details. We highly recommend Jim as a travel agent, and plan on returning to him in the future when we plan our next big trip.

Sent on 10/27/2012

After many wonderful reviews from friends my wife and I chose to meet with Jim to plan our honeymoon. He did not disappoint at all. We chose to island hop throughout the Caribbean and that brought about complexity and cost. Jim very easily planned everything and made our lives easy within our stated budget. After speaking with him about what we like and what we wanted he was able to suggest the perfect honeymoon for the two of us right down to the very small details. When you are planning a wedding we all know it is super stressful so there is no reason to stress about a honeymoon. Jim took this off our hands and made it a very memorable vacation. I look forward to planning the 1 year anniversary with Jim shortly.

Sent on 02/05/2013

Matthew · Married on 05/05/2012

Jim at Perfect Honeymoons was a huge help in planning our honeymoon to St. Lucia. We had initially tried to find a location on our own but quickly got overwhelmed with the selection and the reviews. At our initial consultation, Jim gently grilled us on what we were looking for and came up with St. Lucia and some specific resorts. He was also very helpful in walking us through the choice between all-inclusive and a la carte and explaining the psychology behind some of the reviews. His fee was extremely reasonable. About a month before our honeymoon, Jim sent us an email saying he had renegotiated our rate with the hotel, saving us about $1,000!

We had a great time on the honeymoon. It was a perfect blend of relax time with some active excursions. Jim clearly recommended the right location for us. Booking through Perfect Honeymoons gave us some perks at the hotel too, including an upgraded room and free breakfasts and massages. What more could you ask for ??

Sent on 05/21/2012

Andrea · Married on 05/05/2012

I must say Perfect Honeymoons is the way to go. I worked with Jim and his extremely great to work with. He is very responsive at answering all of my questions and concerns. He is also very flexible in meeting me with my hectic schedule. I just came back from my Honeymoon to Greece and I loved how Perfect Honeymoons made my travel feel a bit V.I.P. They made my husband and I stay at some of the gorgeous hotels on some of the islands of Greece. All of the hotels we stayed at during our trip all had GORGEOUS Views and the services of each hotel were amazing. Traveling from Athens to Mykonos and Santorini would have been a bit nerve reckoning if we wouldn't know were to go or how to travel from one place to another. At each place (Athens, Mykonos, Santorini) there was already a ride waiting for us to drive us to our next hotel. I cannot begin to say how pleased, grateful, and thankful we are to have booked with Pefect Honeymoons. Booking with Perfect Honeymoons made our trip so delightful, safe, easy, and most of all RELAXING....which is exactly what we NEEDED!! I definitely recommend Perfect Honeymoons!! I myself would like to work with Pefect Honeymoons & Holidays again...maybe a one year anniversary sounds great :) Jim, THANK YOU for everything. It is my one and only Honeymoon I will Never Forget and ENJOYED SOOO MUCH :) Thank you.

Sent on 05/23/2012