Pennington's Cakes Reviews

124 | San Marcos, TX

124 Reviews for Pennington's Cakes

Kate · Married on 04/17/2016

We loved our cake! Since we live in Boston, we were unable to come in for a cake tasting before choosing Pennington's for our wedding. However, we hired them based on all of their amazing reviews, and they were definitely right! After a 20-minute phone consultation with Steven, we placed our order. The cake was absolutely DELICIOUS and looked just like I imagined it would! Our wedding coordinator saved the top tier for us to enjoy on our anniversary, but the cake was honestly so good that we couldn't wait. We invited a few friends back to our hotel and polished off every last crumb the same night! Oops! ;) Thank you for your beautiful and yummy work!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Kate! We are so thrilled that you loved your cake. Loved meeting your sweet family briefly at the resort. We wish you and Emmanuel many blessings in your life together!!

Claire · Married on 04/08/2016

Very kind and helpful staff. The owner often corresponded with us directly and was always happy and helpful when answering my questions, making suggestions, or working with me to make changes to our order.

Sent on 05/28/2016

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you Claire! We send you blessings for a long and happy life together!

The cakes were absolutely deliciously amazing! Everyone LOVED the way they looked and tasted!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you for choosing Pennington's Cakes! Many happy wishes for you!

Erika · Married on 03/20/2016

Pennington's Cakes did an amazing job on our wedding cakes. They are incredibly friendly and very accommodating. And the cake is delicious! I would highly recommend them for a wedding or any event!

Sent on 05/24/2016

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you Erika! We are thrilled that you loved your cakes. We loved making them for you! Many blessings to you and your husband!

Tori · Married on 02/12/2016

Pennington Cakes was the only must have on my list. And it really was not negotiable! The flavour and presentation was everything I had hoped for and more. LOVE their cakes. Don't know how I am going to get one for my anniversary as I am on the other side of the world... might have to air freight it!

Sent on 08/31/2016

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks, Tori! We miss you on this side of the world!

It was Thursday 12/17/15 and I realized I forgot a crucial part of my wedding...the CAKE!!! I heard about Pennington's Cakes through wedding wire and saw all the good reviews so I called them Thursday afternoon. Even though it was very short notice I called and was transferred to Stephen. He was extremely helpful knowing I was getting married in less than one week. I didn't go to any consultations or taste their cakes. I got off their Facebook website and asked if I could get it exactly like that and when they delivered it, it was even prettier than the one I saw. When it was time to cut the cake I was extremely excited because I couldn't wait to taste it. When I had the first taste it was amazingly delicious!! The top part of the cake may not even make it for my husband's and I one year anniversary because it was that good!! I would definitely recommend Pennington's Cakes to anyone who is having an event or even just to satisfy their sweet tooth. I live four hours away from San Marcos and I will definitely drive the four hours to get another taste of their cakes!!!

Sent on 01/03/2016

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

We loved helping you in your dilemma! And we are thrilled you loved your cake. Thank you for the kind words. I hope you're enjoying wedded bliss together. Many blessings to you and we hope you come see us again - maybe for an anniversary cake? :-)

Monica · Married on 10/04/2015

Pennington’s was recommended by a close family friend who used them for their own wedding. Stephen, the owner, did a tasting with us and was very helpful. My fiancé and I aren’t into anything super sweet and to our pleasant surprise, their sugar-free icing was exactly what we were looking for! They were easy to work with, had delicious cake and were very reasonably priced. I changed my mind on a couple of things during the planning process and they were very easy to communicate with. I showed them what look I was going for and left it up to them and my flower girl to create my cake. I had complete faith that they would do an amazing job, which made it easier for me to relax on the day of the wedding, which was invaluable. I am so happy I used them for my wedding! Kind people and a fantastic product!

Sent on 10/10/2015

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Monica! We are so grateful you chose us for your big day. Many blessings to you and Heath in your new life together!
  • User4020228 · 2+ years ago

I decided to go with pennington's cakes after all the great reviews I have read about them and their services. We met with Stephen for a tasting and I can't even begin to describe how amazing all of the flavors are they offer. We decided to go with Italian creme and they were able to work with me on the cake design I found on pinterest I wanted. Also, my fiance is a game warden and they are able to make camo cupcakes for his grooms cake!
    They were so easy to work with and change my order as I have needed so far. I can't wait to taste everything and see how it all turns out.

Sent on 03/01/2015

Rowdy · Married on 04/25/2015

Great job all around. The cakes were delicious and beautiful, arrived on time and the whole process was hassle free.

Sent on 08/09/2015

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks you guys! So appreciate your kind words. Many blessings in your life together!

Sabrina · Married on 04/04/2015

Excellent cake vendor!

We actually booked Pennington’s cakes for our October wedding this year without even trying it beforehand. We don’t live locally and got married in Lockhart so it was hard to find the time for us to both try it. Based on other reviews we booked it and were incredibly pleased. The cake tasted amazing and the people at the shop were so friendly and easy to deal with. Would definitely recommend them for cakes

Sent on 12/01/2019

We used Pennington's for a Graduation cake and they were awesome! We selected a design from their photos, made some custom requests, and asked for delivery to the restaurant where we had the graduation party. They were wonderful to work with over the phone (we were in another city), the cake was delivered as promised, looked exactly as we had requested, and I can honestly say this was the best cake I have ever tasted!!! Everyone raved about it! It was fresh, moist, beautiful and delicious! I would highly recommend them as a wedding caterer!

Sent on 12/22/2014

The cakes were amazing! When we went to the cake testing, the options were all so delicious that we had trouble deciding. We had a bridal cake and a groom cake. Both looked beautiful and tasted great. We had three flavors; strawberry swirl (my favorite) raspberry filled white cake and a chocolate cake. All the guest enjoyed it and all complimented the great taste. I would definitely recommend Pennington Cakes!

Victoria · Married on 11/15/2014

The bride and groom cakes we're exactly how I wanted them!! Absolutely perfect and delicious!!!!

Sent on 12/05/2014

carla · Married on 11/15/2014

I had an idea for my wedding cake and visited with Steven and he asked me a few questions and I looked at his huge selection of books/photos and with his assistance, came up with a beautiful wedding cake and a grooms cake. Very happy with his team and the service I received. They all truly love their work. I would highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 12/16/2014

They were super easy to work with, very nice and helpful. They were patient with me and my husband picking out our cakes (we had no idea what we wanted). I had to call and change the size of the cakes twice, which they were fine with. They called the week of the wedding to make sure everything was still going as planned and delivered the cakes when they said they would and they both turned out perfect. I forgot to return my cake stand to them the following week, they called me that next week asking about it, and did not charge me for it, even though I had signed a paper saying I would be charged if I did not return it by a certain date. My mom and mother-in-law have both used them now. Would definitely recommend them!

jessica · Married on 10/25/2014

Our wedding cake was so delicious. Everyone raved about how good it tasted. The price was perfect.

Sent on 12/05/2014

S · Married on 10/24/2014

Absolutely loved everything about Pennington Cakes, if you want great service, reliability and the most delicious cake ever, you won't be disappointed with Pennington. Best cake ever!

Susan · Married on 10/11/2014

The cake was fabulous! The cake tasted even better! I couldn't have asked for more! Steven was so great and was so helpful and nice every time I wanted to change it!

rachelle · Married on 10/11/2014

The best ever!!!!!! I sure will always remember our cakes.. they were sooo amazing...

Heather & Christopher · Married on 10/11/2014

I only had to visit one vendor, Pennington's Cakes, to find the right baker. Pennington's took the time to create a special spiced apple cake for us to try. Of course, this required a second visit to the bakery - we weren't complaining! - where we tried not one but THREE new apple-spice creations. They were all delicious! I have never had a bad experience with Pennington's. Although the price listed here may be frightening, it was absolutely reasonable for what we were asking. The cake and cupcakes were beautiful. Thank you Pennington's for a fantastic and stress-free experience.

Sent on 12/21/2014

Robert · Married on 10/05/2014

Thank you to Stephen and the gang for creating a beautiful masterpiece. Your cake was the hit of my daughter's wedding.

Sent on 10/07/2014

Erin · Married on 10/04/2014

This company was very professional and helpful during the whole process. They were good about staying in contact with me and gave me friendly reminders about bill pay dates but never hounded me. Very excepting of cake changes that I wanted to make. Cake was very beautiful and delicious... EXACTLY LIKE I PICTURED!!!

Sent on 12/07/2014

Ashley · Married on 10/04/2014

They we're awesome to work with from tasting to wedding day!

Sent on 12/09/2014
  • W

Windi · Married on 09/05/2014

Working with Stephen was such a pleasure. He was very quick to respond to emails and questions. Pennington cakes was highly recommended by two family friends that have used them on many occasions and I felt very confident that the cakes would be perfect. I was extremely happy and satisfied, the cakes were EXACTLY what I had envisioned, tasted amazing, and the prices were VERY reasonable. I couldn't be happier with my decision to use Pennington Cakes for our wedding!

Nancy · Married on 06/12/2014

I contacted Pennington's Cakes about three weeks before my wedding. That's when I learned that people order their wedding cakes months and months in advance and that they go in for consultations to make informed decisions. Three weeks before my wedding, I had no time left to drive to San Marcos for a consultation, but Mr. Stephen made the time to have my consultation over the phone. I emailed him a Pinterest picture of the wedding cake I wanted, I mailed him actual ribbons matching my wedding theme and ...voila! I had exactly the cake I wanted arrive punctually on the day of my wedding. To top it off, they had the best prices I could find in the San Marcos area. Clearly, they know what they're doing. I highly recommend their services.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Nancy! I hope next time you're in town, you stop by and say hi! Blessings to you and Guadalupe.