Penguin Wedding Music Reviews

45 | Brooklyn, NY

45 Reviews for Penguin Wedding Music

hadley · Married on 09/14/2012

Stephen and Chris were amazing -- total pros. Everyone love the guitar/cello combo! I'd definitely recommend them for ceremony and/or cocktails music.

Sent on 09/28/2012

Elaine · Married on 09/08/2012

I am so happy to have had Penguin music play for our ceremony and cocktail hour. I read about them initially in New York magazine and loved the idea of a guitar cello duo. It was perfect for us and our overall style - classic but fresh at the same time.

One of the things I love about their setlist is their versatility. Our parents came down the aisle to the very traditional Canon in D. Then my bridesmaids and I appeared to the Hawaiian version of Somewhere over the rainbow/What a wonderful world. Two very different songs, but one seamless feeling. Plus I had really specific requests about the way they interpreted the song and they were able to nail it spot on. On top of it, my parents are very picky, traditional people and they were absolutely enchanted by their playing.

I honestly feel blessed to have found them. They set the perfect tone for our event.

Sent on 09/26/2012

Marian · Married on 06/02/2012

My now husband and I used Penguin Music for our ceremony and cocktail hour at our wedding on June 2, 2012 at The Foundry in L.I.C, NY. They were the one vendor we booked without having personally met beforehand. Our selection was based purely off their samples from their website and we could not have been more pleased with their performance. I cannot even begin to describe how even more amazing they sound in person. The music they played was so fitting for our venue and wedding style. Our playlist (most of which we did not even get to sample) consisted of songs that were more on the non-traditional side (Coldplay) and they sounded fantastic. Steven & Chris are very professional and extremely talented musicians. Steven was also extremely helpful in providing direction and recommendations in choosing songs for our ceremony. I would most definitely recommend Penguin Music for any event calling for awesome acoustic music.

Sent on 06/17/2012

Jillane · Married on 05/12/2012

As the bride I was not able to actually hear ALL of the music that was played pre-ceremony and during the procession - but according to my guests, they were awesome! And as far as service and responsiveness, Steven could not have been nicer or more helpful. I can't wait to see my video so I can hear all of the beautiful music that they played...but if the guests' responses are any indication, this cello and guitar duo is fantastic!!

Sent on 05/17/2012

Jessica · Married on 04/28/2012

We could not have been any happier with Penguin music and the guitar and cello duo. We had them play for our ceremony and during dinner and they were able to create the beautiful and elegant ambiance that we had envisioned. Regardless if they were playing new songs or classical music the music was always beautiful and perfect for what was occurring during the evening. I never write reviews, but I could not help myself given what job they did to create the perfect night for us. You are insane not to book them for your next event!!

Sent on 05/14/2012

Laura · Married on 04/27/2012

We were thrilled with Penguin Music's performance at our wedding at the St. Regis. They were professional, understanding, and very accommodating to our music requests. A pleasure to work with--Steven was so patient during the planning process. I trusted him to compile the playlist since I was overwhelmed with wedding planning and we were so impressed. It was just perfect. They surpassed my expectations. The guitar and cello duo is beautiful and really enhanced the evening. We could not have been more pleased. Penguin Music is highly recommended!

Sent on 05/31/2012

Keith · Married on 03/31/2012

My event was high stress, elegant and extremely susceptible to disaster...Steve and penguin music were supportive, responsive and flexible..the most important attributes a vendor can posses to help and aide with an important situation of this nature...plus their set list rocks and they will accomadate you

Sent on 04/03/2012

Cedric · Married on 12/18/2011

These were awesome. Great song list and great sound. Our guests were so impressed.

Sent on 05/09/2012

Burke · Married on 10/15/2011

Penguin Music is an incredibly professional duo.They performed a wide range of music for our wedding and reception. They are great classical muscians and played beautiful classical and popular music that we selected with them for our wedding. For the reception they also did popular music and swinging jazz to boot! They are really classy and great guys too. Everyone loved them at our wedding!

Kevin C Burke and Miguel Pedraza-Cumba

Sent on 04/22/2012

Heather · Married on 07/26/2011

Hi there Steven and Chris.

Just wanted to write a review to convey how amazing you guys really are, and just to pass on our huge thanks to you both for making our special day on July 26th all the more special.

You guys have such an amazing talent and we were both in awe as to how you managed to re-arrange two songs in a matter of weeks to sound absolutely beautiful. Everyone (and we truly mean everyone!) commented how fantastic you both sounded – we could've listened to you both all day long!

You were always prompt in replying to emails and the distance between us here in the UK and yourselves didn't present any problems in arranging the music for the day.

We will definitely recommend you both to friends and family who maybe thinking of getting married in New York. You were both very professional as well as calm and collected given how hot it was in Central Park on that particular afternoon!

Many thanks once again for making our special day all the more special and good luck to you both in the future.

Oh, and before we forget – you've made it onto a full-page in our wedding photograph album.

All the best for Penguin Music, take care and kind regards,
    Heather and Mark Bateman.

Sent on 09/02/2011

Veronica · Married on 03/26/2011

I really can't say enough great things. Steven was so responsive and helpful and most importantly everything went perfectly at the wedding. They were so professional and the cello and guitar combo sounded amazing. Again, they were awesome and Steven was so helpful from beginning to end.

Sent on 07/14/2011

Kinga · Married on 09/18/2010

I have nothing but good things to say about this guitar and cello duo!
    Prior to our wedding Steven took the time to meet with us and discuss music options. He offered to even learn two extra songs to play at our ceremony as long as we gave him the heads up first. And sure enough, we got to hear a guitar and cello version of Journey's "Don't Stop Believing," just like in the movie the Wedding Singer, and "Unchained Melody" by the Carrie Brothers...and both songs sounded beautiful and were so original! Our guests loved the music during our ceremony as well as cocktail hour.
    I would recommend Penguin Wedding Music to anyone who can afford it because they are truly talented and their professionalism is apparant. Steven and Chris came to our wedding on time with plenty of time to set up, dressed professionally, and were a pleasure to do business with throughout the whole process.

Sent on 10/01/2010

sara · Married on 05/17/2009

Penguin Music made my wedding day even more special. They were so accommodating, flexible and talented. I would definitely recommend them to everyone I know.

Sent on 05/24/2009

Jo Ann · Married on 05/09/2009

Penguin played at our daughters wedding. They played beautifully and we were impressed by their professionalism. They were easy to work with and dependable. We received many compliments afterwards from guests.

Jo Ann

Sent on 05/28/2009

Rachel · Married on 07/02/2006

Penguin Music is extremely professional and has a fantastic sound. They were flexible enough to learn a couple of obscure songs that they didn't already know and performed them flawlessly!

Sent on 05/28/2009

Brad · Married on 07/04/2004

Awesome! Beautiful music! Very professional! A joy to work with them!

Sent on 07/06/2009

Clarice · Married on 09/04/2015

Chris Loxley and Nate Jasensky (Penguin Music cellist/guitar duo) took our ceremony to the next level. They are professional, talented, and able to accommodate any music request. Our guests couldn't stop raving about them!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Haya · Married on 06/22/2008

The guys were real friendly and helpful, asking me questions about the details that I hadn't thought of yet. My husband wanted some classical pieces during ceremony, and I wanted something more modern, and we were happy with the excellent musicians who could do them all!!

We hired a 2-piece, a guitar and a cello, and were happy that they were punctual and professional. I've heard of accidents during ceremony, like a broken guitar string, or music not coming out of amplifiers, but these guys got to the site early and checked everything out so we don't have to worry about it. Good thing, because we had plenty of other things to worry about.

We highly recommend these guys!!!!

Sent on 05/24/2009

Kim · Married on 09/13/2014

We hired Penguin to do the ceremony music at our wedding, I was looking for live music that was laid-back, modern but still classy and after listening to a lot of their samples on their website, really fell in love with the guitar/cello sound. Booking Penguin was very easy, they were responsive over email and had a very simple worksheet. On the day of, our musicians were on time, dressed professionally, and performed AWESOME music. We chose popular music for the half hour before the ceremony and there were just so many amazing songs that I enjoyed from the backroom with my Bridal party—they do a particularly wonderful acoustic Call Me Maybe. :) My only complaint is that we weren't able to preview the piece that we asked them to learn for the bride’s walk down the aisle. It wasn’t done quite right and as I was walking down the aisle, neither my husband nor I recognized the song until I was all the way at the front of the aisle. I wish I had pressed them to share this with us prior to the day of the wedding, it appears from the other reviews that sometimes they can do this if they are not too busy. Otherwise, I would still fully recommend Penguin to any bride looking for talented musicians for live ceremony music that is fun, modern, and beautiful, and would definitely use them again!

Sent on 01/25/2015

2.0

Amazing addition to our Brooklyn wedding! The music was beautiful and so many of our guests commented that it was the perfect addition to the ceremony and cocktail hour. My only complaint is that they were often quite difficult to get in touch with/not very responsive. Other than that, we were so happy with Penguin Music!

Sent on 06/17/2014