Pelican's Landing Reviews

14 Reviews for Pelican's Landing

• Michaela

Michaela · Married on 10/20/2018

Intimate beach venue.

Nina was very easy to work with. The beach setting is something you cannot beat. Since it was late October there was no one walking through our ceremony which was nice. We had the ceremony on the beach and the reception under a tent in the yard. I had five bridesmaids and everyone fit comfortably in the house with three of them having plus ones and I shared the master with my maid of honor. The house is a rental house so you do have to do standard rental house things like take all the trash out and strip the beds before you leave. My advice is to stay an extra night after your wedding so you aren’t frantically cleaning up at 7am the day after your wedding like I did. You can stay the night before the wedding, the night of, or add any additional days before or after which is super nice! Nina was super helpful in making sure I had the right rentals (like tent size) since the same company delivers it every time. My family stayed in other rental houses in the area and it worked out great! There’s also a huge public beach parking lot for guests to park at and walk to the venue. If you want a beach wedding this is the perfect venue!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 05/16/2015

Nina who is the coordinator and owner of this venue is absolutely incredible! When we found this location it took our breath away. This venue anchors a beautiful 5 bedroom home overlooking the ocean with great views and amenities. The Gazeebo entrance to the ocean is the perfect touch to the venue. This location encompassed the entire vision I had for our wedding. Providing a home for our family and a place for my girls and I to get ready as well as ceremony set up out by the water and reception in the back lawn of the home with tent rental and catering. I could not have chosen a better more beautiful place! Thank you Prlicans Landing for providing us our dream wedding!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Steph · Married on 04/11/2015

Pelicans Landing was absolutely amazing!!! The house was perfect size for our wedding of 100+ including children and adults. Everything was prepared ahead of time and set up exactly as asked. Catering from Coastal Provisions was incredible! Every guest complimented on the food and said how delicious it was. Food was brought to the wedding party during pictures so everyone could eat. Nina, the homeowner, was at the wedding the entire time checking on everything and making sure all was well. This is definitely the place to have your beach wedding!!! I couldn't have asked for anything better. DJ Bruce was awesome and kept everyone going all night-every guest enjoyed him!!! Alex Couey did photography and was great to work with! Great cakes did our cupcakes and cake topper, in which everyone kept asking for seconds!!!

Thank you so much Pelicans Landing!!! Thank you for my amazing wedding!

Sent on 04/14/2015

Katie · Married on 06/25/2013

Pelican's Landing was wonderful. Everything was right there and made for an easy ceremony and reception. The view was amazing and my wedding pictures are breath taking. The house was very nice and very clean.

Sent on 07/02/2013

Brenda · Married on 06/25/2013

My daughter’s dream was a beach wedding on the Outer Banks. Thank you for making her dream come true! We couldn’t be more pleased with our wedding at Pelican’s Landing. Nina was helpful in every aspect of our planning, from our first contact through the night of the wedding. We were able to visit the September before our June wedding, which I would highly recommend. Any concerns we had with the venue of the wedding taking precedence over all other aspects (i.e. that the catering might be less than perfect because the venue was just what the bride wanted) were dispelled. We had dinner at the Wine Bar & Café that weekend. Dinner was fabulous and we were given a wide array of samples of appetizers for our cocktail hour. We are a beach family and love fish. The fish we had for dinner was superb. The next day we ate at Coastal Cravings. Parents, bride and groom loved the barbecue and the Wahoo tacos. Nina was happy to fashion a menu for the reception that included both these items, as well as wonderful sides. In addition the week before the wedding we decided not to have a cookout for the rehearsal dinner and Nina was able to help us cater that event. The night of the wedding, all the event staff were polite and helpful. Guests commented on how good the food was. My brother who is the Dean of the Conrad Hilton College of Restaurant and Hotel Management at the University of Houston was impressed with the food and its presentation. The staff went beyond its responsibilities to help insure the evening was a huge success with everyone. The Pelican’s Landing Facebook page helped us find someone for flowers who also did a fantastic job. We cannot recommend this venue and its personnel highly enough. I can’t imagine a more perfect place for a beach wedding!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Sarah · Married on 08/04/2012

This was the perfect place for our wedding! Great view and Nina was so helpful.

Sent on 10/07/2012
  • O

Colleen · Married on 06/02/2012

Pelican's Landing is an absolutely beautiful venue and everything was amazing! We worked with Nina to set up everything and she is so accommodating, flexible, and professional. She really knows what she is talking back and guided us through the whole process of having a wedding at Pelican's Landing, from recommending vendors to letting us know what works best at her venue. She was there every step of the way to ensure that our vision for the wedding was met at her venue and that everything was set up properly!

We used the house as spot to get ready as well as a place for the bridal party to stay, which was absolutely perfect! They have really thought of everything with this house and ensure that it is a perfect venue for weddings and other events! I highly recommend getting married here and working with Nina! Our wedding was amazing here!!!!

Sent on 06/10/2012

Stephanie · Married on 09/10/2011

My wedding was just perfect!!! Nina and her staff were great!!
    Food was amazing too!!!!

Sent on 09/30/2011

Beverly · Married on 06/26/2011

Pelican's Landing was the perfect place for my daughter's dream wedding at the beach! The home is beautifully decorated and has a walkway that served as the bride's "walk down the aisle" that goes up to a gazebo and then down the other side to an ocean side ceremony! Plenty of rooms for the girls and guys to get ready and other guests and a very large deck which served as our reception area and a huge green lawn off the deck for the tented dance floor and other activities!
    The manager was very accomodating and a pleasure to work with - so helpful in assisting us prepare for this special day! The food was delicious - everyone that attended loved our menu choice of lobster and filet mignon and I was constantly being told how much they enjoyed the dinner and the catering staff was very professional and provided great service throughout the evening! We truly had a wonderful and memorable wedding day experience at Pelican's Landing and I would highly recommend this event house for your special wedding day at the beach!!!!

Sent on 06/30/2011

K · Married on 10/06/2012

We chose Pelican's Landing as our wedding venue for several reasons. First, it is an oceanfront home with a big beautiful back yard that is super affordable when compared to other locations in the Outer Banks. You can rent the house for the entire week leading up to the wedding and it is STILL cheaper than renting most spaces in this area for just one night! Second, this venue is owned and managed by the owners of one of THE BEST caterers on the Outer Banks, Coastal Provisions Market. Nina and Scott (owners) are a great team and have really done a fabulous job at turning this rental property into a well-oiled wedding machine! By booking the venue, you already save so much time because you don't have to decide on what caterer to use for your wedding and you don't have to rent all of the dishes, tables, glasses, flatware, etc--it all comes with the house! Their food is fresh, delicious, and they have so many different pricing options to suit your budget. Their crab cakes are BY FAR the best I've ever had...and don't get me going on the mac-n-cheese appetizers. AMAZING! This venue is perfect for the couple who is interested in doing more of a DIY wedding. The downstairs space is perfect for getting props/decor/food/drinks ready. There are multiple refrigerators and freezers for food/drink storage as well. You really have a lot of control over how you want your wedding to be at this venue. It can be as casual or as fancy as you want it! Nina does a great job coordinating the details of your day, and really makes you feel at ease when you sit down to hash out the specifics with her. The catering staff was well dressed, polite, attentive, professional, and hard working. Additionally, the set-up of the house is great for getting ready for your big day. The upstairs loft is perfect for the bride and her bridal party to get hair/make-up done and enjoy the ocean views. Overall, Pelican's Landing was perfect for our big day--we loved it! THANK YOU NINA!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Mandi · Married on 09/12/2010

We loved every minute of our stay at Pelican's Landing. The house is amazing and the view can only be described as breathtaking! We could not be happier with our choice to hold our wedding ceremony and reception at Pelican's Landing. The gazebo at the top of the sand dune gave us a unique entrance for the ceremony and a perfect place to have our receiving line. The private, quiet beach area in Corolla kept the ceremony intimate, just like we wanted.

We highly recommend Pelican's Landing for the perfect beach wedding.

Sent on 01/29/2011

Grace · Married on 05/02/2015

3.5

This was the PERFECT setting for my wedding. The physical environment, layout of the property flows very well for an event home. The pliable venue made it possible to make the space how you envision it to be, and can be changed from luxuriously plush or simply serene and everything in between. Every time I stepped on the grounds of Pelican's Landing, I felt like my wedding would be perfect and it was. Part of the success of your event was Nina!! Nina is well versed in the wedding/event community in OBX; she knew the Fire Marshall needs and handled it before we could even began to worry. Nina's relationships with our vendors, and she knows all the right people to recommend you to for any unforeseen wedding needs. She also has held tons of weddings at Pelican's Landing and is a wealth of knowledge, from layout, to timeline, to decor ideas. Simply put She's great!

Sent on 05/17/2015

Emily · Married on 06/23/2012

3.5

This served as the place that we (nine of us) stayed before and after the wedding and our ceremony and reception venue. As far as beach houses go, it lacked a lot of kitchen supplies as a lot of beach houses tend to (dull knives, not a lot of cookware, etc) but since we had so many leftovers, it was never a huge issue. It was a nice house and included a ton of things that caused us not to have to rent -- tables, dance floor, and all dishes. We had issues with the cable/internet while we were there which wasn't at all Nina's fault but she was very responsive and contacted Charter Cable to come to the house. DH texted her and it seemed to be a good way to get a hold of her while staying at the house. There were staff members that did set up on Friday; all tables, dance floor, and chairs, staff members that set up on Saturday, dishes on tables, benches on the beach, and Nina came back Sunday morning for clean-up. There was a lot of coordination included with having the wedding at Pelican's Landing (and the fact that they own Coastal Provisions catering) that I know you wouldn't get by renting a home that is classified as an event home.

Sent on 07/20/2012
  • connors819

Christen · Married on 10/02/2010

4.2
      3.5

Nina of Pelican's Landing was great to work with. She handles a lot in the OBX but manages to pull it all off! I felt like we asked a lot of questions and had a few special requests and on our wedding day, everything was perfect and just how we wanted it. She works well with the other vendors to make sure nothing goes wrong. The house itself is wonderful and beautiful. The gazebo looking over the ocean is amazing and a wonderful addition to the venue. Our guests loved it and also loved the whole reception from start to finish (we had our ceremony at a different location). I would recommend this as a venue for your ceremony and reception or just one or the other!

Oh, and the guest suite on the third floor of the house is so wonderful for getting ready for your big day! Big mirrors and many outlets. :)

Sent on 06/26/2014