Peer Johnson Professional Wedding Photography Reviews

42 Reviews for Peer Johnson Professional Wedding Photography

• Linda

Linda · Married on 05/05/2018

Amazing photographer!

Peer and his assistant are incredibly professional. You can truly tell he loves doing what he does. He actually takes the time to scout the venue, and puts his full effort into his art. One thing we truly want to recognize Peer for is his patience. We had guests that LOVED taking photos, and Peer was very accommodating with them. We completely felt comfortable with Peer, and could not have imagined our big day without him!

Sent on 10/31/2018
  • Z

Zach · Married on 09/23/2017

All 5 Star reviews for Peer is no mistake!
    We barely know where to start. On a scale of 1-10, Peer goes to 11!
    He helped us manage the time and types of photos so well and captured so many great moments, we don’t believe anyone could have done better. Peer has a great eye and seemed to be right where he needed to be to capture those once-in-a-lifetime moments just as they happened throughout the day.
    He was able to get through family photos so quickly after the ceremony and keep everyone in line. He pays attention to little details as well, like making sure everyone took off their sunglasses.
    He came to the rehearsal the night before to meet everyone and give input on where people should stand and when to pause for photos to get the best shots.
    We did not pay for a videographer and with all the wonderful photos, we did not need one. He was able to capture the day so perfectly that we will be able to relive our perfect wedding day forever. He was there from getting ready in the morning, to the final dance at the end of the night.
    There is also the added bonus with Peer of the cost - we received quotes from several photographers so we know that he should absolutely charge more than he does (though we are happy he doesn’t, haha!)
    In the future, we would (and hopefully will) rehire Peer again. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone without hesitation!
    We ended up with over 1200 incredible photos, and he sent them to us only a week and a half after the wedding. We were still on our honeymoon, looking through our wedding photos.
    Peer - Thank you for the wonderful (and massive amount of) photos of our wedding day! You helped make the day more perfect than we ever could have hoped for!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Koryn · Married on 09/09/2017

Peer was amazing! He was flexible and super helpful as I was unsure exactly what I wanted. He even let us throw some last minute surprises in and change the order of things the day of. The photos are so wonderful I am having a hard time picking my favorite. I would definitely recommend him for any wedding photos you are looking to have done!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Kayla · Married on 06/17/2017

We hired Peer after reading many glowing reviews, and not only did he live up to each one, he exceeded our expectations and handled every curveball that we threw his way. When our MoH went MIA for the rehearsal, he stepped in and acted as our ad-hoc coordinator; when almost everyone at the ceremony wanted a group shot with the newlyweds on the beach, he tactfully and professionally posed the entire group (and there were A LOT), then offered to take more shots with individual family members standing beside the bride and groom, and then walked along the beach with us for 200 yards, taking many stunning (and possibly some of our favorite) shots. Throughout our ceremony and reception, Peer was simultaneously blending into the background and gathering and directing memorable shots, constantly reminding us to enjoy ourselves and that our leisure and celebration was more important than any timeline, yet becoming direct with guests and family when needed to make sure that we as the bride and groom didn’t have to be and to keep us on schedule. Throughout the day, we had photos taken at multiple complex locations, such as summer gardens with dappled light, seaside cliffs with wind and bright sun, and a public beach with background beachgoers and reflections off the ocean. He was prepared and well-equipped to handle each of these challenges and did so effortlessly and almost without mention. We are extremely pleased with both his performance and how our photos turned out and we would highly recommend Peer to anyone planning a wedding in San Luis Obispo County or the California Central Coast, as he definitely helped to make our wedding amazing and our pictures a perfect representation of the day.

Sent on 07/02/2017

Gina · Married on 04/15/2017

Peer is great! We are so happy with our photos. He always arrived a little early. He was professional, experienced, friendly and attentive to our specific requests. Highly recommend.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Heather · Married on 10/22/2016

Peer's photography is beautiful! We absolutely love our wedding photos, and he managed to capture some really beautiful moments between my husband and I.
    Peer was also such a pleasure to work with in planning the schedule for the wedding and on the big day itself. He was so much more flexible and accommodating than the other photographers I looked at. Unlike most of the wedding photographers in the area, even photographers that charge twice as much, Peer did not put a time limit on the day and he made himself available when it made most sense for our schedule. When we asked him to start a bit earlier to make sure he could spend some time with both the bride and groom getting ready, he was willing to do so without a problem. He also came and photographed our welcome party the evening before the wedding for a few hours, and we are so happy we have some professional shots of that evening. Throughout the day of the wedding, Peer kept us on-track with timing and made everybody feel comfortable and relaxed. We are so thrilled with the photos we have to remember our special day.

Sent on 12/04/2016

David · Married on 07/09/2016

Peer did an incredible job with our wedding photography and engagement shoot, and he is sooo easy to work with! I've had so much fun looking at the photos he took, I'm basically able to relive the whole night! It's really amazing how Peer is able to be in the right place at the right time... and yet you never seem to notice that he's there!! He's like some kind of photo ninja! In all seriousness though, Peer is a consummate professional and an awesome guy. I'd recommend his services to anyone, you will not be disappointed if you hire him.

Sent on 07/30/2016

Beth · Married on 06/17/2016

Stating the facts that Peer was on time, professional, and amazing to work with feels like an understatement for us! We booked him online easily and only met Peer the night before, at our rehearsal dinner, and instantly felt comfortable with him. I get emotional and tense and he helped me loosen up and it felt completely normal to have him there for the intimate moments! He really listened to what was important to us and that showed in the pictures! We had a crazy group of guests and Peer was everywhere and didn't miss a single opportunity! Every photograph is gorgeous! We could not imagine having any other photographer!! His genuine personality and enthusiasm showed so much that our guests are even still talking about how great he was!!

Sent on 08/01/2016

Rhina · Married on 03/14/2015

Peer was great from the moment we met him. He was easy to work with, responsive, friendly and very professional. His work is absolutely flawless. We had all of our pictures (engagement and wedding) within 10 days of the event and we were blown away by how great they came out. ALL of our guests raved about how he worked so diligently all night to capture the perfect moments and he never missed a beat. This is reflected in our beautiful wedding pictures. Thank you.

Sent on 03/28/2015

Peer was such a key element to the success of our wedding in November. Not only was he professional, energetic, and talented, but he also helped keep everyone on schedule and provided a lot of guidance during the planning process. The staged pictures were gorgeous, but his unique talent is the ability to capture moments. We did a lot of research before choosing Peer, and his portfolio stood out because of his fantastic candid shots. He did a great job of blending in during the ceremony and reception, and the results were incredible! We highly recommend him for any couple, especially those who value candid moments as much as we do.

Sent on 01/20/2015

Lorie · Married on 09/27/2014

I hired Peer for my wedding on September 27, 2014. He was so amazing! We first met months before the wedding to discuss my family and who would be attending the wedding. On the big day he was ready with an organized timeline of when and who to shoot so everything went smoothly. I hear of people waiting months even a year for their wedding photos. But after less then two weeks I was already able to view my photos online. Which you know is very exciting to be able to view so soon after the wedding. Peer was very professional and I truly enjoyed working with him.

Sent on 10/11/2014

Michelle · Married on 09/13/2014

I booked Peer off a recommendation from another vendor (since I don't live in the area) and I am so glad I did! Peer is amazing to work with and his pictures speak for themselves (so beautiful)! He was super responsive right from when I first emailed him for general information through engagement pictures and the wedding. He is very organized and on top of things (like scheduling the timing of pictures that day and making sure we get all the shots we wanted) but also has a super calming/relaxed energy about him that made us feel comfortable the second we met him. It never felt like we were rushed and he kept reminding us to savor the moments and enjoy the time we had together on our wedding day. He offered enough suggestions on what we should do (i.e. walk this way, move your head that way), but not too much where it felt posed or stiff. I was a little worried when first booking him about the fact that he works by himself (doesn't come with a second photographer) since I always thought how could 1 photographer possibly get all shots. Well I was wrong, somehow he gets it all! My guests even mentioned they never really noticed him. He isn't one of those photographers running all over the place and distracting during a ceremony, but somehow he does get every shot you would want. Peer also has a clause in his contract that says he will have our wedding pictures ready within 4 weeks of our wedding. We got the link to see all the pictures within a week and a half while we were still on our honeymoon! To top it all off, Peer is one of the less expensive photographers in the area and the only one I found that also makes you an album (in addition to DVDs with all pics) and doesn't have a time limit on the day of (he was there from getting ready through the last dance)! Thank you so much Peer! We couldn't be happier :)

Sent on 10/07/2014

Cassidy · Married on 05/17/2014

Peer was fantastic! Totally easy to work with and a brilliant photographer! Thank you so much Peer!!

-Cassidy & Darin

Sent on 06/04/2014
  • cassell

cassell · Married on 03/22/2014

Peer is fantastic! He's on top of the day before it starts and made sure he got every important shot. Wedding photography is too important to trust just anyone to and we feel really lucky to have been able to get Peer. He's reliable, he's flexible and more importantly, he's very talented.

Sent on 04/05/2014

melissa · Married on 09/15/2012

Peer was INCREDIBLE to work with. Very professional and down to earth. He made my husband and I feel so comfortable right away and we really can't thank him enough! Him and his wife, Rhonda, both helped us out tremendously through out our day and made everything so perfect for us. BTW, Rhonda is THE BEST makeup and hair artist in California, if you ask me.
    Do yourself a favor and book him now!!! He's worth every penny and more- you will not be disappointed.
    we love you
    Missy and Jake

Sent on 09/20/2012

Audrey · Married on 09/08/2012

Peer was a great person to work with! My husband and I really felt we got our money's worth. Every photo Peer took turned out wonderfully. My husband and I had a very hard time choosing a photographer based solely on the quality of photos posted online. Since we had a semi-destination wedding in Cambria, we were unable to meet with anyone in person. We decided to hire Peer, and finally met him just a couple days before the wedding! Peer was a very positive regular guy, whose personality meshed with ours easily. His professional organization and experience in the business showed when he presented to us a logical outline of when he felt photos should be taken throughout the event. Double checking with us, he verified which family photos would be most important as well. The wedding day came and he was right on time. Familiar with the area, he was able to suggest locations for individual and group wedding party photos before the ceremony. At the time I thought that the location we chose was a little questionable, but trusted that he knew what he was doing. When I saw the photo's later, they definitely knocked my socks off! During the ceremony, Peer was a one manned show, so he was busy running around getting all of the shots he needed. Some say that having two photographers is a necessity in order to get all of the photos you want. However, Peer was able to get everything. I almost feel like I have too many amazing photos from the wedding! I can't decide on my favorites because I really do love them all! Peer really knows how to work with what you give him, and make it even more magical. There are too many wedding photos I want to put on canvas and hang all over my condo. I need more wall space!!! Anyway, working with Peer was truly a pleasure! I do hope to work with him again in the future. He is very responsive, professional, and talented, and his services are high quality and inexpensive. He did a fantastic job celebrating our wedding through his artistic mean.

Sent on 12/24/2012

Jocelyn · Married on 04/10/2012

We had such a blast with Peer. He was so professional, fun and very creative all in the same instant. We planned on an outdoor wedding, but our plans were spoiled with a little rain, but Peer was willing to go out in the rain to get the best shots. I got to see some of the photos on his camera that day, he has impeccable taste and a keen eye for set-up and lighting. He truly is a master of his craft.

Sent on 04/26/2012

Jessica · Married on 03/07/2012

Amazing color, such a wonderful person to spend the afternoon with. My husband usually dislikes being in front of the camera but felt so comfortable with Peer. He EXCEEDED our expectations and was super flexible. His creativity really made our elopement special

Sent on 07/03/2012

Hannah · Married on 01/06/2012

Very professional, nice, friendly, and flexible with our schedule. He worked great with our wedding party and crazy family members too! Great "action" shots of our dancing reception group!! Highly recommended even if on a budget--he will work with you to get the most for your money.

Sent on 02/15/2012

Joanna · Married on 11/11/2011

Peer is the best! My philosophy was this; at the end of your day, photos will be all that is left. The photos were really important to us from the start so I interviewed a ridiculous number of photographers before deciding on Peer. Best decision we made! He worked with our budget to be able to add engagement shots to our package and I'm so glad he did; it really allowed us to get on the same page about exactly what our vision was. He was flexible, accommodating, helpful, professional and most of all talented! I chose to hire his amazing wife, Rhonda Johnson, to do the girl's hair and makeup. Great choice! Those two make an incredible team!

I can't stop looking at our photos and everyone I show them to just "oohs and awes" about them looking like they are right out of a bridal magazine. Thank you Peer! You know we will be back for anniversaries and family milestones throughout the years!

Sent on 12/16/2011

Amanda · Married on 04/22/2011

Peer was so great to work with! He was prompt, very professional, very relaxed and has a great sense of humor! His photo style is very natural. He lets his couples be themselves on film so that the true nature of their relationships really come out in their photos. Nothing is overtly staged or forced and we love that about our pictures! Our wedding was on his home turf and it was great being able to take our photos in places he knew and was familiar with. He knew when and where we needed to be to get some really wonderful photos of us. We also loved that he had our e-photos back to us in a couple of days, our wedding photos were in our hands within a couple of weeks! We will find a reason to work with Peer again in the future, it's that much fun and that comfortable to be around him.

Sent on 05/11/2011

K · Married on 03/27/2011

I can't describe how amazing our experience with Peer was. He is an absolutely incredible photographer - our pictures are better than I could have imagined. Every person who has seen my pictures have commented on the amazing photography! On top of the photographs, he has a great personality and was an absolute pleasure to work with. We actually had a lot of fun taking the pictures, largely due to Peer's style and personality (the 3 hour session went by before we knew it!). I corresponded with him several times by phone and email, and he was always very responsive. To top it off, he provided the pictures both online and on a dvd. I wish I could give more than 5 stars!

Sent on 04/17/2011

jennifer · Married on 03/12/2011

Peer's photography is better than we could have dreamed of. Besides providing us with the most beautiful pictures of our special day he was also wonderful to be around. He seamlessly wove around guests and caught great candid shots along with shooting all the important moments that we would want to remember. His friendly and attentive nature put us at ease. He is a true artist and anyone would be lucky to have him as their photographer.

Sent on 04/02/2011
  • W

Wendy · Married on 02/26/2011

Creative, prompt with finishing proofs

Sent on 04/04/2011
  • W

Will · Married on 02/05/2011

Peer was recommended to us by my makeup artist (& his wife, who I highly recommend). After checking out his website, and compairing it to others, we decided to go with him, because I liked his photos. He's not ridiculously expensive but gave us a high quality shoot. And as one other reviewer said, he's pretty invisible. My only "complaint", is he didn't crack the whip as I expected. He was really laid back, and focused on getting the shots. -Brides, I suggest you make a list of things you'd like to have a shot of. I was too laxed and gave no direction, and although Peer is flexible and actually got a lot more than I expected (natural shots of guests, shoes, swings on the beach that he previously scoped out), I didn't get a pic of certain items that blended in too well with the beach house party decor. (i.e. my unconventional guestbook was a large seashell shaped vase with seashells inside that guests chose from and marked their names on. We love it as part of our home decoration, but I would of loved to have pictures to show to relatives in other countries. oh well.) I highly recommend Peer. NOTE: He as the photographer, and his wife as the makeup artist make for FABULOUS pictures. Think Red Carpet!

Sent on 03/01/2011