Pearl's Reviews

Pearl's 4
Pearl's 5
Pearl's 6

Emily · Married on 10/06/2018

Great cake for a celiac bride

Unfortunately Pearl's is no longer in Charlottesville, but knowing about the bakery I was really interested in having them create a cake for my wedding. It turned out not to be a problem. We were able to pick up the cake the day before and it was absolutely delicious and beautiful and to a lot of people's surprise...entirely gluten-free! Their customer service is also wonderful, I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/19/2018
    Pearl's 7

Lauren · Married on 04/28/2018

We had Pearl's for our wedding cake and had the BEST experience with them! The cake was Amazing, and it looked absolutely perfect. All of our guests kept getting up and going back for second slices of cake, with many of them asking who we had gotten it through. We can not rave enough about how much we loved working with them through the process, and how easy they made it for us during the panning process-(especially being we lived out of town and were planning from afar.). We can't wait to get our first year anniversary cake from them next year! (And a cupcake or two the next time we are in town! ;)

Sent on 06/19/2018

Caitlin · Married on 12/16/2017

We had pearls do our rehearsal dinner cake, cupcakes for the wedding, and cake topper! I have so many allergies and they were so accommodating! They looked great and were SUCH a hit at the wedding!!!!

Sent on 01/13/2018
    Pearl's 8
    Pearl's 9
    Pearl's 10

Sasha · Married on 10/14/2017

Professionalism: All the staff are wonderful to deal with and very accommodating. I am getting married next October 2017, and initially had no idea what I wanted until I met with Laurie. She is so personable, and really helped me figure out what we wanted. The creative/decorative team is wonderful as well - they (Sarah) sat down with me and helped me come up with a cake design that I absolutely loved within a matter of 5 minutes. They also rent out their ornate cupcake/cake stands which just on their own are show pieces. I am very excited to be working with them.

Ok, now we get to the good stuff, taste: I live in NYC which has many places that claim to 'have the best cupcakes'. Pearls hands down beats out all the other cupcakes I've ever tried. My fiancé agrees. I mean, truly delicious. If you go to their website they have 100s of flavors (check our specialty cupcakes on their website) to choose from (and every single one I've tried so far has been delicious). The team works with you so that you know what would work best in a cake, etc. You can also do a mix of cupcakes and a traditional cake (which is what I'm doing).

Value: very reasonably priced for the quality of product you are getting and for wedding cakes! Laurie also was very straightforward about which combination of cupcakes/cake is the most cost effective. I like that I felt that I could trust her and she had my interests in mind.

If this post sounds like I'm raving its because they deserve nothing less. I am so excited they are doing our wedding desserts!!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/14/2017

Pearl's is just phenomenal. Laurie and her team are SO easy to work with and very flexible with changes to our flavor selections. The team that came to our venue and setup our cupcakes did an amazing job--our guests couldn't stop complimenting the display and how beautiful it was! and not to mention how delicious everything was. We can't thank y'all enough for doing such a fabulous job! and would absolutely recommend Pearl's to anyone looking for cake/cupcakes!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Heather · Married on 04/29/2017

We loved Pearls! The tasting was one of the best parts! Everyone raved about the cupcakes and at the end of the night, they were all gone. Also instead of having to eat our old cake on our anniversary, they gift you with a certificate to come back and they'll make you a new cake for your anniversary! They were also extremely accommodating with my dairy allergy, they made it so I was still able to do a tasting with vegan options.

Sent on 10/10/2017
    Pearl's 11
    Pearl's 12

Emily · Married on 03/03/2017

PEARL'S IS AMAZING! Of course, they came HIGHLY recommended and we certainly are grateful for all of the reviews we were able to read as well to help us navigate this billion dollar wedding industry! Decisions, decisions! Their cakes and cupcakes are SO exquisite! We got gluten-free cupcakes and they were a hit! Of course, one of the best things about Pearl's is their pricing. They have something for everyones budget. It doesn't matter if you're having a wedding or an anniversary or bridal shower or baby shower or birthday, they can handle it and with such finesse! They are true artists and it shows in everything they touch! Everything was perfect and delicious and the compliments poured in all evening!

Sent on 03/11/2017

Rebecca · Married on 10/22/2016

We ordered cupcakes and a single tier of cake for our wedding (even though my husband is more of a pie person). Even my husband agrees that these are the most incredible cupcakes in the entire world. Pearl's also offered us the opportunity to rent cupcake stands and they were absolutely beautiful. Even with the stand rental, we came in under budget for cake. We intentionally ordered more cupcakes than we needed since we were having 3 different varieties. One of our varieties was completely gone at the end of the night. And I was so excited to come home with extras. We served them at brunch the next morning and I have never seen kids so happy. Pearl's also gave us a gift certificate for an anniversary cake. They told us that they don't want anyone eating year-old cake. I love them and their amazing cakes.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Rachel · Married on 10/15/2016

Pearl's was fabulous. I knew I liked them right off when they actually treated my husband-to-be as part of the planning, and not just an accessory to me, the bride. They were a great price for what they offered, and delicious. I had multiple people say they don't usually like cake, but they LOVED the ones we had. Multiple people also said that they ate a slice of each flavor (Candied Sweet Potato and Fancy - brown sugar rum cake with pear filling). Our GF guests also raved about the GF cupcakes we added on, and our two dairy allergy guests were blown away by the dairy-free cupcakes. It was so awesome that we were able to order just a handful of their GF and DF "cupcakes of the day" instead of having to order a whole dozen specially. I was also so happy that their cake setter uppers needed minimal instruction to put the flowers on it at the venue during set-up.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 10/01/2016

Pearls created our wedding cake and grooms cake and I can honestly say that the grooms cake was the most talked about detail of the whole weekend! They created a beautiful 5 tiered elegant and classic cake for our wedding cake and then created the most amazing stadium cake for our grooms cake. My husband and I met at Auburn University and he is a die hard football fan. I surprised him with this stadium cake for his grooms cake and he was so impressed and in love with it that he didnt want to cut it at the wedding! I only gave them a few pictures of some similar stadium cakes I had seen, but they created something that was so much more than I could have ever imagined! Seriously amazing!

Not only are their cakes so tasty, but they also give you a voucher for a "1 year anniversary" top layer cake so you don't have to freeze and eat 1-year-old cake on your anniversary!

I highly recommend Pearls!!!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/16/2016

Pearls made our cake dreams come true! You really can't go wrong with so many flavors to choose from. We couldn't decide, so had 3 separate cakes: Choconut (think Nutella, it was the crowd favorite), triple threat (a lavender infused vanilla cake with a triple berry compote filling frosted with a honey lavender buttercream), and Lemon Ricotta (lemon ricotta batter with a blackberry compote filling topped with blackberry buttercream). They were easy to work with and super affordable, and created picture perfect cakes! Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/07/2017
  • User6200943 · 2+ years ago

Cupcakes were absolutely delicious, and the set up was beautiful. The staff were all very helpful with tastings as well.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Lauren · Married on 07/03/2016

My husband and I were so excited to go with Pearl's for our wedding cake and cupcakes! We wanted a more complicated design for the cake, which worried me (two layers, the bottom a suitcase and the top a globe, in brown and tan for a rustic look). But when I saw the finished product I was floored! We also ordered cupcakes for our guests. Pearl's had so may options and flavors, it was hard to choose. The even worked with us to change some of the colors to our wedding colors! Lastly, they gave us a cupon for a free cake for our first anniversary. The only thing I caution is that they don't do delivery on Sundays, when they are closed. But the staff was great and willing to work with us, so we just picked everything up the day before. We even had them make a carrot cake for the rehearsal dinner, which everyone loved. The are truly amazing bakery artists.

Sent on 09/11/2016

Sarah · Married on 04/30/2016

Pearls makes delicious cupcakes, so when I decided I knew I wanted to get married in Charlottesville, I knew I had to use Pearls. The cake they made for the wedding was delicious and they did an amazing decorating job. They included a voucher for our first anniversary (so we did not freeze our top layer). They were very easy and did a great consultation. I highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 05/11/2016

Christie · Married on 04/23/2016

We had 5-6 different cake tastings and we could not stop talking about Pearls. We went with the Champaign and Red Velvet flavors and there were a hit with everyone. I found a picture of the cake I wanted and Pearls ensured they could do it. From beginning to end Pearls knocked it out of the park. So many people complimented the cake and asked where it came from. We have no complaints and recommend their product and services as both were outstanding.

Sent on 05/27/2016

Ariel · Married on 03/12/2016

My husband and I went into Pearl's while we were searching for a cake vendor and purchased two of their daily cupcakes to try out. We requested a contract with them that night via email. The Pearl's staff is fantastic and so easy to work with. I communicated with both Laurie and Kiyanna to set up the contract, and they were so accommodating! At the time, we were unsure of the type of cake/cupcake distribution we wanted, and our guest count was nowhere near finalized, but Pearl's allowed us to book our date with an estimated count and deposit.

Kiyanna came in on a holiday to help us with our official tasting. She helped us finalize all of the color and flavor details for our cutting cake and cupcakes. We chose to have two cupcake flavors, but Pearl's does allow up to five. A month before the wedding, we were able to increase our cupcake count without a hitch. From there on, Pearl's communicated directly with our reception venue to deliver and set up our cake and cupcakes. We were very flexible with our cake and cupcake design; our only request was that the Nutty Bee cupcakes and the inside of our cutting cake be purple. WOW is the best word I can use to describe what Pearl's came up with. The purple color was absolutely gorgeous!

Pearl's flavor choices are to die for! We are still working on our leftovers and are looking forward to visiting again! THANK YOU so much for helping us celebrate our special day!

Sent on 03/29/2016

We love Pearl's! We chose to do cupcakes (regular size) for our wedding and our guests couldn't get enough. Luckily Pearl's advised us to get a couple dozen more in addition to the number of people we expected which was excellent advice as everyone had at least 1 cupcake. We'll definitely be back for our 1 year anniversary to celebrate!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Brittany · Married on 10/17/2015

We made the best decision when we chose Pearl's to make our wedding cake/cupcakes. Everything was absolutely delicious and beautiful!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Katelyn · Married on 08/08/2015

We recently used Pearl's Cupcakes for the cake and cupcakes at our wedding. Both the cake and cupcakes were absolutely delicious, not to mention beautiful as well. Our guest couldn’t get enough! Throughout the entire process, Pearl’s was very friendly and easy to communicate with! On the day of, everything was delivered in a timely and orderly manner. They are incredibly talented at what they do. We would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of a baker for their special event.

Sent on 12/26/2015

Pearl's made a two-tiered wedding cake for our small wedding and it was delicious! We did a traditional white cake with buttercream and strawberry filling. This was coordinated through our venue's wedding coordinator, who said Pearl's is their go-to cake shop for weddings. We are looking forward to ordering our anniversary cake!

Sent on 06/30/2015

We used the Pearl Bake Shop in Charlottesville. Had the most wonderful experience. The cake was stunning and incredibly delicious! The Pearl team is incredibly talented!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Ashlee · Married on 05/16/2015

Loved my Gluten Free Cake from Pearl's. It was just like I imagined it and everyone commented on how good it was!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Working with Pearl's Cupcakes to plan and design our wedding cake was a pleasure. They are very professional and have mastered the process to make everything easy for all parties involved through each stage.
    You do not have to pay for a cupcake tasting with them! You are allowed to pick 5 flavors and you are greeted with 10 full size cupcakes (2 of each flavor) upon your arrival to the tasting appointment. Whatever you can't eat they will pack and you will take it home with you.
    Our wedding cake was delivered exactly as discussed. The cake tasted amazing and looked beautiful too. You will also receive a certificate for a free 6 inch cake that you can claim on your first anniversary!:) It doesn't get better than that:)

Sent on 05/18/2015

Meg · Married on 01/31/2015

They were wonderful, affordable and easy to work with, even on such short notice. We requested macaroons on the Wedensday before our wedding (a last minute decision) and they handled my request with ease - like it wasn't a difficult feat at all. Thank you so much for helping to make our big day so special!

Sent on 02/28/2015

Sarah · Married on 01/03/2015

Wonderful establishment!! Delivery was right on time and my wedding cake and cupcakes were delicious!! I will be using Pearls for all of my future events.

Sent on 01/27/2015