Peaceful Valley Resort Reviews

12 | Lyons, CO

12 Reviews for Peaceful Valley Resort

Amy · Married on 09/22/2017

I am a little late in reviewing this venue but we had the most amazing wedding here this past September 2017! From the attention we received from Amanda and her staff to the food (YUM!) and willingness to accommodate us, everything was fabulous! The views are spectacular from the mountain top! So if you're wanting great photos this is your place. We had around 75 people attend and 40 stayed over the weekend. So many of our friends who came actually sent US thanks you cards because they had such a great time. Thank You Peaceful Valley! You made our special day one to remember!! Dave and Amy

Sent on 04/26/2018

Dixie · Married on 06/16/2016

Be sure to take a look here for your mountain special event. Our rehearsal dinner was top notch from beginning to end. Jessica was great to work with, the tables were set just as we requested and looked great, the servers were attentive and the food was perfect. We did the BBQ and many commented on the great taste. Loved the setting and the people.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Shannon · Married on 04/14/2012

My husband and I fell in love with the location the moment we pulled up to the parking area. It only got better from there after touring the main lodge, the chapel, and the Hideaway cabin! The view out of the chapel was so gorgeous that it made it a lot easier to have an indoor wedding. Wedding in the mountains in April with the Colorado weather it ended up snowing which made our day & wedding so much more special! Most of the employees knew us by name & everyone treated us with respect and kindness. The food was fabulous throughout the entire weekend. I can't say enough wonderful things!

Sent on 04/24/2012

Sandy · Married on 10/17/2015

Our guests loved the rustic laid back venue. The location was beautiful for my son's Fall wedding. Jessica Lecher was most helpful and responsive to all our needs and requirements. She was great to work with! The dinners at the rehearsal and reception were outstanding as well as the breakfasts on both mornings we were there.

My only negative feedback would be the condition of some of the cabins and rooms.....they seem to be in desperate need of "makeovers" especially for the hefty rates charged.

Sent on 10/28/2015

We loved this venue! Jessica was easy to work with and very flexible and accommodating. She went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed (including putting breakfast aside for us when we needed to sleep in to recover!)
    She also does calligraphy-and so our chalkboard signs looked polished and professional!
    It was a wonderful location and our guests had a fabulous time dancing in the big dance hall.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Paul · Married on 10/07/2017

My wife and I held our wedding at Peaceful Valley Ranch in October 2017. It was amazing -- exactly the cozy, intimate, community-focused vibe we were going for. Amanda ensured that everything ran smoothly and the chapel was a stunning venue. Food at the reception was great.

Sent on 11/02/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/17/2015

Jessica the wedding coordinator was really great to work with. As well as the other staff. The reception and rehearsal food was excellent. We had the most wonderful and unforgettable wedding at peaceful valley ranch.

Sent on 10/27/2015

CHRISTEL · Married on 07/10/2016

4.2

If you are looking for a property where friends and family will spend quality time together, this is the place. Most of our guests spent two nights, and had nothing but great things to say about their experience at Peaceful Valley Resort. Many came all the way from Europe.

Sent on 08/15/2016

3.8
      2.0
      3.5

We absolutely loved this location because it is unbelievably beautiful... We are very very happy we chose this venue for our wedding; however, we were very disappointed with the customer service we received on the actual day of the wedding and throughout the planning stages. It was near impossible to get a hold of anyone to answer questions and we would constantly be talking to someone's voicemail. It was extremely frustrating and nerve wrecking.The location itself is amazing and in the end we were happy we chose Peaceful Valley - it just would have been great to have had better communication amongst the staff and more involvement in the planning process.

Sent on 07/15/2013

Linda · Married on 07/10/2011

3.4
      0.5

The Peaceful Valley venue is absolutely beautiful. The mountain top wedding site made for a phenomenal backdrop for my daughter, Ashley's September outside wedding. The Dining Hall and Dance Hall areas made a wonderful backdrop for both the rehearsal dinner and reception celebrations. The staff was incredibly helpful, their attention to detail extremely invaluable and professional.

When dealing with the administration, be absolutely clear that everything you agree to is in writing in the contract. Be absolutely clear to keep every correspondence you exchange. Know that this is the one place in Colorado, where a "handshake" or informal agreement, is not upheld by the administration. While our wedding was on the books, there were no less than 3 wedding event coordinators assigned to our wedding. As each wedding event coordinator left, a gap was opened up and those items initially agreed to but not written down were discarded leaving us with last minute details to deal with in a very limited amount of time costing us several hundred dollars in additional charges involving other outside vendors.

Sent on 10/09/2011

3.4
      2.5
      3.5

The mountain top venue has spectacular views of Sawtooth mountain. My husband and I had our rehearsal dinner by the creek behind the main lodge, which also has spectacular views. Peaceful Valley recently hired new chefs and the food was amazing at all of the meals. The main problem I ran into was response times and trying to get a hold of people at Peaceful Valley and having questions answered. There also wasn't enough guidance on how things are done. Most of the tips and how-to's and how things should work advice I received from my photographer and hairstylist, not from Peaceful Valley. Overall though, it was the perfect place for me to get married because of the location (mountains) and aside from my planning complaints, my guests only had good things to say.

Sent on 10/04/2015
  • Antoinette

Antoinette · Married on 06/25/2016

1.0

STAY AWAY BRIDES! This venue has been stressful since day one. They promised we would be priority after we booked and made a deposit. A couple months later, I got an email from wedding coordinator that said we need to hold rooms for our guests or another family reunion would compete with us. Really? After they promised us priority. After this, booking rooms was a nightmare for our guests. They booked another 2 parties at the ranch, and our guests couldn't book rooms. Boo! Wedding day came around, and our guests who booked rooms had run out of water. PVR never mentioned to guests that this could happen. Plus, guests had to keep going to front desk for service of towels, toilet paper, and ice, etc. They add on 18% gratuity to all rooms, which if you are going to, then provide the service you promised. Peaceful Valley was a complete mess. In addition, during our wedding ceremony site which we paid $2500 they were setting up for another party's buffet. Amanda the owner was watching to make sure we were almost done with pictures so they can squeeze right in while we still have venue paid for. Not cool! We were promised priority and that other parties wouldn't compete with us. WRONG!! We still had the site paid for.
    To top it off, they changed menus on us and we signed up for a buffet, but charged us the higher price even though we saw on menu that the obvious price per person was. Other owner Ben said he would accommodate us. His way of accommodating us was to offer us a free room at their place. No refund on difference of menu price, no gratuity reimbursement to guests who had no water to shower, etc. This place is a COMPLETE disappointment. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE STRESS AND DISAPPOINTMENT. BOOK ELSEWHERE. THEY HAVE A LOT OF PLACES IN THE AREA!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Peaceful Valley Resort's reply:

Antoinette,

We have had such an enjoyable relationship with you guys and many laughs when you came to visit before your wedding and for the free tasting you had which was to introduce our new selections and prices. Jess deemed you as one of her favorite bride and took on your wedding like my own which was a wonderful beautiful event. I'm sorry if you feel that you weren't given good information on the booking side of things. We give the bride amble time to book every room they need to accommodate their guests and then as any business would, sell the vacant rooms if we can. We have 4 sales reps doing so and freed up rooms as soon as we knew we could. We explain to all brides that there may be other events going on the same wkd and they won't interfere with the wedding dining. That put us in a pickle as your wedding started late and we were waiting to start set up under the tent. 6pm hit and we had guests that have dinner up there. I was not up there until 6 pm seeing how your beautiful wedding was going, I wanted to take a picture of you guys to put on FB as you were complete and taking family pictures. I knew you had all your main ones done. Based on the fun we had created up to that point I had no idea that was your take on things. Your wedding was stunning and the whole weekend was loved by all the participants that I talked to. Most guests were down eating nibbles and wine when we set up top for the dinner. Again, we were insuring that the other guests were not near your wedding evening. Very sorry that this has turned sour and you would put a review like this. I literally am quite stunned by it all. ---Amanda