Paul Dempsey Photography Reviews

58 | Absecon, NJ

58 Reviews for Paul Dempsey Photography

• Jayme

Jayme · Married on 09/02/2011

Paul is exceptionally talented and a true professional. We fell in love with his website and knew as soon as we met him that we wanted to work with him for our wedding. He is caring, courteous, punctual and creative: all the things you want in a wedding photographer. He has a unique eye for great pictures and the style and quality of the images in amazing! He is great to work with whether you have been in front of the camera before or you are camera shy :) He made us feel comfortable and we had a lot of fun shooting with him. We did an engagement shoot, wedding day photos and "trash the dress" session because we couldn't get enough of his superb photography. We would 100% recommend him to our family and friends and anyone else looking for a fabulous photographer. We look forward to shooting family photos with him for years to come. Best wishes to all and Go with Paul!!!! :)

Sent on 11/13/2011

Melissa · Married on 07/09/2011

I would highly recommend Paul Dempsey! He was a true artist, who really captured every moment of our big day beautifully. He was very professional, and we got our pictures back in a timely manner. I was amazed that he did not push us AT ALL to buy any portrait packages or albums from him. He is more about the art of photography, than selling prints. His prices were also EXTREMELY reasonable.

Sent on 08/26/2011

Jessica · Married on 07/08/2011

I can't say enough great things about Paul.

From the day I first contacted him up until even after he gave me my wedding day photos, he was extremely responsive, quick in his replies, and seemingly eager to answer all my questions!

The day of my wedding, he was right on time and literally captured everything. When I told my mom he took over 600 photos, she said, "I didn't even see him all night!"

The photos themselves are everything I could have asked for. There's funny ones, serious ones, candids, posed, and lots of great ones that capture the guests and their dancing skills! There's also a variety regarding picture tone, with color photos mixed in with black-and-white photos and even some photos that have soft & muted coloring.

Lastly, I don't think you can beat the pricing. I know people that have spent a fortune on photography at their weddings, and I still like my pictures better than theirs! Paul was super-flexible regarding putting together a photography package that my husband and I wanted and could afford, and making sure we got the finished product we had set out to get.

I would recommend Paul to everyone!

Sent on 08/05/2011
  • Beach_Bride

Emily · Married on 06/12/2011

Paul Dempsey is a truly outstanding photographer. I should know too, because I'm a casual photo hobbyist myself. My wedding was on the beach and I'm so thankful he was there to capture the good weather and beautiful surroundings. He also got my photos to me much faster than I expected, just a few weeks later. I have hundreds of excellent digital photos to choose from for my album. He's very professional and never got in the way of anything. I don't know how he did it, but he really made my husband and I look like models. He gave us beautiful images to enjoy for years and years. I highly recommend Paul Dempsey.

Sent on 07/12/2011
  • Y

Adrienne · Married on 06/12/2011

As the mother-of-the-bride, I feel that my personal standards and expectations of what I want from a Wedding Vendor are greater still than that of the bride or anyone else involved in the wedding. When I expressed my vision to my photographer of how I wanted something to look, anything less than what I've asked for is unacceptable. Paul Dempsey's photographic work far exceeded my expectations and what I requested. There are photographs that at first sight took my breath away and gave me goose bumps. There are photos that make me fight back tears. From the moment Paul arrived at my daughter's wedding prior to the ceremony, it was evident that he had complete confidence and was in control of his cameras and was in control of the results they would produce. Without being at all obtrusive, Paul captured every step, every move, every nuance of every person of our most perfect day in a most beautiful way. Among the concerns I may have had on my daughter's wedding day, Paul Dempsey, our photographer was not one of them. In fact, through the day, seeing Paul easily mingling in and out of different groups of people gave me a sense of relief that all was going along fine. He seems to have a manner that puts his subjects at ease. My daughter had a beach wedding. Paul knew exactly how to work with the natural outdoor elements that enhanced the natural beauty of his subjects. At the end of the day, perfect photos are what we all want. For perfection, I wouldn't trust anyone other than Paul Dempsey.

Sent on 07/13/2011

Courtney · Married on 05/28/2011

If you are planning the perfect wedding day and you want pictures that capture every glorious moment then Paul Dempsey is the perfect choice! After searching long and hard for a photographer that was reasonably priced, I came across Paul's website. After viewing his site, I called him to set up a consultation. From our first encounter, I knew that he was going to make sure my wedding day was absolutely perfect. He said, "whether it rains or shines, any day can be beautiful". He was extremely professional from beginning to end but what stood out to me most, was his personality. He was an absolute pleasure to work with. Very easy to talk to, listened to all of my wants and needs and responded to all of my emails very quickly. He made me feel like I was the only bride that mattered! Paul was truly outstanding and I know that if you choose him, you'll get the same Royal treatment that I received.

P.S. After reviewing the pictures, I put several up on facebook for family and friends to see and I can't tell you how many compliments I received about Paul. Everyone talked about how beautiful my pictures were and how phenomenal my photographer was.

~ Courtney

Sent on 07/08/2011

Stephanie · Married on 05/07/2011

Paul did an excellent job on my engagement pictures, wedding pictures, and wedding album. His photos capture real emotion and come out absolutely stunning. I also had Paul make my wedding album and it is by far the best wedding album I have ever seen. Paul is very easy to meet with and has offices in convenient locations.

Sent on 11/16/2011
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 04/30/2011

We just got our pictures and they are fantastic! We really love them and hardly noticed them being taken.

Sent on 05/15/2011

Lisa · Married on 04/16/2011

It was wonderful working with Paul...The moments that Paul captured on my wedding day still bring tears to my eyes! Ladies, make the right decision and use Paul Dempsey if you want beautiful pictures and those memories captured!!! From the moment we contacted Paul, I felt confident that he would deliver, and I just got my photos back and boy did he!!! Couldn't be happier!!

Sent on 04/30/2011

Lindsey · Married on 11/13/2010

I haven't received my proofs back yet but I am not worried at all. Paul was very professional and flexible since we booked him. We loved our engagement session and the pictures. He has great value for cost which is not comparable to other photographers in the area. We booked a second photographer for our wedding day, he choose a wonderful photographer. They each took a different route when shooting to get us a wide variety of shots. While Paul did the more traditional and head on shots, the second photographer got unique angels and details! I cannot wait to see all the photos!
    What really made my parents and I choose Paul was his buisness concept. In his eye's a bride is hiring and paying him to capture her wedding day. Not to nickle and dime you by making you purchase your photos and digital proofs later, which many photographers do. This sold us!

Sent on 11/30/2010

Gina · Married on 11/06/2010

Amazing photographer! Easy to work with and very accommodating. Willing to do anything to make the bride and groom happy. Photo album was everything we dream of..... pictures are priceless and Paul did a great job placing them all together to capture the best day of our lives! Would highly reccommend him to anyone!

Sent on 06/28/2011

Courtney · Married on 10/30/2010

We have not gotten our final proofs back from the wedding, but we are so pleased with our engagement shoot and Paul's level of professionalism. He was really great. Our engagement picture came out amazing and he is really easy to work with. Im sure we are going to be extremely pleased with our final pictures! We also had Erin work as a second photographer for our wedding and she was just as amazing..Definately a great deal for what he charges and he is a super nice guy also!

Sent on 11/23/2010

Victoria · Married on 09/25/2010

Paul was absolutely amazing!!! When we first met with him, he came to my house and showed us his work! We knew right off the bat we wanted him! He was so friendly and kept up with everything!! He always had an answer for my questions!! We had the highest package and we are so glad that we got it! He throws in so much and you get SOOO MUCH for your money! We got a free engagement session and a free 16x20 picture WITH frame for our wedding! Paul was incredible and you couldnt even notice that he was at your wedding! Looking at all of our pictures we had no idea he was standing there for some of the stuff that we did!My wedding party loved him. He was so friendly, fast, and passionate about what hes doing.We did however look over one time and saw he was standing on a chair to take pictures. Not to mention during our engagement session, he was jumping through trees to get the perfect shot!HE WILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET A PERFECT SHOT! I recommend him to EVERYBODY! My florist loved his pictures so much that they asked for his number so they could possibly partner up! I will ALWAYS use Paul for ANY pictures that i will need in the future! Thank you so much, Paul!

Sent on 01/17/2011

Jill · Married on 09/18/2010

We chose Paul as our wedding photographer, and he was an absolute pleasure to work with. Everything from our engagement photos to our reception came out perfect! We had a huge crazy wedding party (17) and only a short period of time between the ceremony and the reception. Paul was able to get so many great shots in that short period of time, and made sure EVERYONE was included. I chose to have my engagement session in the fields by my house, (during tick season) and Paul met us out there, trucked through the mud and bugs, (without a compliant) and took so many beautiful pictures. After the wedding I had all my pictures within a matter of a few weeks. The entire experience was positive, I would defiantly recommend Paul Dempsey!

Sent on 10/27/2010

Josilyn · Married on 07/30/2010

Paul Dempsey was very nice and easy to work with. My husband is not one to take posed photos, but Paul made it comfortable for the both of us and let us be ourselves. I absolutely loved our engagement photos and how he allowed us to include my 7 year old was great and so much fun. He was patient with me and my girls on the day of the wedding, captured all the special moments and still had time to take care of the guys, which was great! I was so distracted and just having too much fun that I forgot I had a photographer for the reception, but Paul managed to get all these great photos of me, my husband, our friends and family! He did such an amazing job with our album, it was absolutely beautiful! I HIGHLY recommend Paul Dempsey Photography!!! You will not be disappointed!

~The Landi's

Sent on 12/01/2010

Jaclyn · Married on 07/17/2010

My husband and I truly cannot say enough wonderful things about Paul. From our very first meeting we knew he was the photogrpaher for us. He has wonderful artictic vision & makes some fantastic suggestions without being pushy and he always listened if we had ideas we wanted to try. We shot our engagement shoot last October & were so comfortable working with Paul it was like having an old friend take pictures of us. Then with the wedding 3 weeks ago, he went above & beyond anything I expected. He captured so many wonderful & beautiful moments & all of our bridal party were impressed & comfortable working with him. My matron of honor who was married 2 years before me even commented that she wished she had known about him for her wedding.

Paul was extremely professional, always returning my calls & emails immediately, while still being laid back enough to make me feel completely at ease. Not once the day of my wedding did I worry about missing a certain shot or feel I was posing for photos. It was a wonderful experience I would highly recommend Paul to anyone who's looking for a phenominal photographer at an extremely reasonable price.

Sent on 08/09/2010

ellen · Married on 07/11/2010

Paul was great to work with. I refer him to anyone I know that needs a photographer. He worked with whatever we needed and anytime I emailed him with a question he got back to me that day.

Sent on 12/06/2010

Shazia · Married on 06/26/2010

I had a few months to plan my wedding for June 2010 and spent a lot of hours researching a photographer. One day, I stumbled onto the Wedding Wire site and I read Paul's reviews. They were very good and I made it a note to contact him.

I met Paul and he was very respectful and easy to talk to. He worked around the fact that my husband was in another country and was able to meet both of us just a few days before the wedding to go over the details of what we wanted him to try and capture.

Paul was a wonderful photographer. He arrived early and was extremely professional. He took wonderful photographs that my family absolutely loved and will keep forever. He was extremely patient and tried to get as many shots as he could with all of the various "events" going on at my wedding. He also rolled with whatever happened next. When a group of people got up and came up to the stage to congratulate us, he stepped back and took some great shots. At first, I thought that because there would be no dancing, it would be hard for Paul to take a variety of shots, but his advice of walking around and talking to people really worked, and he took some great candid shots.

Another wonderful part of the experience was that Paul was able to provide us with a few shots from the wedding a few days after so we could share it with those who were not able to make it, and then he finished the entire album not too long after that. I take photographs myself, and know the amount of time it must take for photographers to sort through and upload pictures. I was extremely thankful that Paul did not take a very long time in providing us with our digital album. It had been one of my concerns since I had read reviews of other photographers and how some of them take months before providing negatives.

I would highly recommend Paul Dempsey if you are looking for a great photographer. It is no wonder why he has so many positive reviews!

Sent on 03/11/2011

Pamela · Married on 06/25/2010

It was an absolute pleasure working with Paul Dempsey! From our first meeting with Paul we were not only blown away by his professionalism, but we felt confident that Paul photographs weddings because he truly loves to capture each couple's story. Paul was always easy to contact - either by phone, via email or even in person, and very quick and thorough in his responses to my questions. Throughout our wedding planning process, we thoroughly researched each of our vendors so that we would receive the most for our money. By far, Paul Dempsey offers the most "product" in his packages for the most affordable price! We could not believe how many items were included for the price we paid, yet we never had to sacrifice quality for affordability. Paul's photographs are top-notch! Throughout our engagement session, Paul directed some shots, simply captured others, and gave us a creative license to offer our input and ideas as well. On our wedding day, Paul was prompt and dressed professionally, right from the start of the day. Much like our engagement session, Paul was clear that he would take any shots we wanted, as well as direct us during our formals. Paul has a fantastic creative eye! The angles and light were perfect in each shot. He captured all the important moments of our day with such clarity and precision. I was most impressed by Paul's dedication to the "full day" part of our contract. Paul said his goodbyes to us after our guests had left, we had changed out of our wedding attire into our travel clothes, and after the reception room had begun the "tear down" process. He did not miss a moment of our day, and we are eternally grateful to Paul for so beautifully capturing our wedding.

Sent on 08/11/2010

Eileen · Married on 06/07/2010

Paul is a consumate professional while being a very easy person to work with. He was a delight actually and he made us feel at ease during our wedding photo shoot, which allowed us to get amazing shots. From our initial meeting with him for a consultation to the details afterward involving the finished product he was superb. I would gladly recommend him to anyone I know and as a matter of fact everyone who sees our pictures loves his work. We have been told over and over how great the pictures came out and how Paul's style is really amazing. A co-worker of mine actually said although she doesnt have a "victim" yet she knows who she would want to photograph her wedding, Paul!

Sent on 07/13/2010
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 05/22/2010

My husband and I loved having Paul as our Photographer. His service was outstanding. Just from meeting with us and working together he captured our wedding the way we wanted it. He even was willing to shoot outside with us in the rain for our engagement session and the pictures were amazing. I would say he went above and beyond all of our expectations to capture a day we will never forget. Thanks Paul!!!

The Levins!

Sent on 06/12/2010

Jennifer · Married on 04/30/2010

Paul was introduced to me by the bridal shop i bought all the gowns and tux's from. I was about to sign a contract with another photographer but wasn't feeling very comfortable and my dad was not happy at all, he felt they were unreasonable and rude. As soon as i spoke to Paul and set a date and time to me I knew he was it. He walked through the door and I could tell my dad was comfortale trusting his only daughters wedding to Paul. On the wedding day Paul arrived early, he was amazing to work with. From what I could see he captured everything, (even my messy bathroom). I get an email from Paul saying my pictures were ready and in his email he said he made every picture in color and black and white, because he remembered me saying I like black and white pictures. Well i logged on and there was over 2000 pictures!!! My husband and I sat for hours looking at each and every one, we laughed and cried and smiled. I am still in shock as to how Paul captured the details of our wedding(yes he really took a picture of the messy bathroom). I highly recommend Paul. I can't even find the right words to say just how amazing his work is and how easy he is to work with. Friends and family have also commented on how approachable he is.

Sent on 05/25/2010

Lisa · Married on 04/10/2010

"Anyone who gets married and doesn't hire Paul as their Photographer - Is CRAZY!" That is what my husband said after seeing the first pictures Paul took of our amazing wedding day and I think it says it all. Paul was responsive, professional and open to any ideas we had for certain shots - which was great. He blended in with our crowd and everyone is not only commenting on how amazing & beautiful our pictures are, but also how nice, personable and "artsy" our photographer was with many people asking for information on him and what other events he photographs. Most importantly, two weeks after our wedding day, my husband and I sat down to look at the pictures from Paul and they took our breath away. He truly captured each moment of our special day and preserved them for us in an amazing way. Your wedding day has a way of rushing by so quickly - it is important to pause for a moment here and there throughout - just to take it in and enjoy it and if you have Paul Dempsey there with his camera, he will ensure you can do exactly that - for the rest of your life - through his images. The best! We consider him a friend.
    Lisa & Drew

Sent on 05/06/2010
  • clmajor23

Caprece · Married on 01/23/2010

Paul is the absolute best! It doesn't get more professional than him! We look at our pictures everyday and comment on how much we loved working with Paul. I can't wait until we start our family so we can have Paul create more beautiful memories for us!

Sent on 06/24/2010

Cathy · Married on 01/02/2010

Paul Dempsey's service and professionalism are outstanding. We are very happy with the pictures that he was able to capture and that he took the time to get to know us prior to the "big day". So many photographers simply show up on event day and just do their job. He had met us at our home a few weeks prior and then again at the venue a few days prior and watched us practice our "first dance". This gave him an opportunity to not only get some great candid shots of us, but to also get a feel for the lighting and other aspects of the place. He has an artist's eye and it really comes through in his work. He gave us over a thousand pictures, both online and on CD, to enjoy. A super choice !!!

Sent on 01/23/2010