Paul Anthony Entertainment Reviews

Paul Anthony Entertainment 3
Paul Anthony Entertainment 4
Paul Anthony Entertainment 5

j · Married on 05/23/2009

Paul Anthony is the best DJ everrrrr! I am the third bride in my family to use him, and every wedding has been exceptional. All of the guests at the wedding could not stop talking about how fun the wedding was. The whole entire night was full of dancing. The ONLY time we sat down was to eat, and you could barely finish your meal before you wanted to get up and dance again. He is a very fun guy, and I totally recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 08/13/2009

Daryl · Married on 11/01/2008

paul was a great addition to the night. He played every song we wanted. He was able to mix all the songs we wanted and even some my mom wanted. I would highly recommend this dj!

Sent on 11/25/2008
  • Trisha

Trisha · Married on 09/05/2008

DJ Paul Anthony is amazing. He was able to get our wedding pumped and dancing the whole night without the cheezy hats and giveaways... Everyone said it was the best wedding they ever went to and the DJ was amazing. He played all the right songs at the right time. He is worth every penny he charges.

Also, highly recommend doing the plasma TV's with photo montage...all my guests rave at how great that was and unique... We had the photo montage right before they introduced us as husband & wife for first time.

Just such a great party and wonderful DJ.

Sent on 09/23/2008

brenda · Married on 08/30/2008

WHAT A GREAT DJ! We absolutely LOVED Paul Anthony! He definitely MADE our wedding! He was the perfect DJ. Played all types of music. He kept the crowd on the dancefloor and most importantly, HE WAS NOT OVER THE TOP! He said just enough and let the music do his talking! What a great time, our guests loved him and we could not have been happier to have him as our DJ!

Sent on 09/23/2008

Jennifer · Married on 06/14/2008

Paul Anthony and his assistant were GREAT!!!! Because of him, the wedding was fun and GREAT!!!!!! He's a winner!!!!!!

Sent on 07/08/2008

Suzanne · Married on 11/24/2007

Paul Anthony was fantastic! Great music selection which everyone of all ages enjoyed. Couldnt have had anyone better!

Sent on 02/18/2008

Deb · Married on 10/01/2005

We knew Paul Anthony was the DJ we NEEDED to have after seeing him at a friend's wedding. We wanted great music and someone professional - not over the top. Paul was perfect - great music all night long, really knew how to keep the party going - the dance floor was PACKED all night long!

Sent on 01/30/2009

Ginny · Married on 08/28/2005

Our DJ was James and he did an awesome job!

Sent on 08/02/2008

Paul Anthony's professionalism was evident when he was able to have all of my wedding guests "up on the floor and dancing" from the moment the wedded couple walked into the reception area until the end of the event.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Laura · Married on 06/22/2013

Paul Anthony was great to work with! He made the entire planning process simple by answering all of our questions and being flexible to all of our requests. He provided us with a lot of extra service options and created beautiful lighting for our reception. It was exactly what we requested. His performance during the evening was perfect and he played off our crowd perfectly. He noticed the little moments with my grandparents and called them out during the evening which made everything extra special. He was very professional but created a fun atmosphere that all of our guests enjoyed.

Sent on 07/07/2013

Christina · Married on 07/08/2011

Paul Anthony was terrific! I can't tell you how many guests (while on the dance floor ALL NIGHT LONG) told me repeatedly how great the music was. He was so flexible, as we had a long list of "must plays" (which he played) and we gave him a general idea of the fast songs, which he read the crowd and did EXACTLY what we wanted. He added a HUGE success to our entrances in providing the song our Best Man walked out to, which was a huge hit and MADE our entrance one that everyone has continued to talk about. In a stressful process of planning, everytime I met with Paul Anthony all stress was lifted. He was fantastic!

Sent on 07/25/2011

mae · Married on 06/11/2011

Paul Anthony was the DJ at a friend’s wedding last year – the dance floor was crowded all night and a great time was had by everyone. This past weekend Paul Anthony did an Amazing job at our wedding. Thank You!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Jessica Checchio · Married on 02/16/2019

Perfect Music Choices

We had Paul as our DJ for both the ceremony and the reception. During the planning process he was accommodating and met with us as much as we wanted to discuss music selections. He was very helpful in helping us to decide certain songs for things like the first dance or processionals. He was always very honest and real with us, and never pressured us into anything. He offers a lot of different services and we chose up-lighting, which turned out beautiful. We gave a basic outline of certain songs we liked and wanted played, and types of music we liked, but the rest we gave him free reign over. He didn't disappoint! Paul is great at reading a crowd and knew exactly when to play certain songs, or to get involved with the crowd. My guests loved him and everyone complimented us on the music choices. There was always a crowd on the dance floor, which is what we wanted! He did an amazing job and was so personable and easy to deal with. I think one of the best things about him is that he isn't a salesman, he never pressured us or tried to sell us any extras. He was just honest with what we needed, and what we didn't need. I would 100% recommend him to anybody!

Sent on 04/11/2019

Scott · Married on 08/03/2012

DJ James was awesome. He knew exactly what to do and what to play to get everyone going. We received multiple compliments from our guests. The guitarist they provided for the ceremony was excellent

Sent on 08/13/2012

Meredith · Married on 10/13/2012

3.0

Overall, I really liked my experience with Paul Anthony Entertainment. We elected to have a DJ do the music for our ceremony and reception (we both in the same non-religious venue). We worked with Vince Costa, and he did a good job of getting the party bumpin'. Vince was open and communicative, and definitely read the crowd well and accepted requests. This was great, because we didn't give him much of a playlist, other than asking for not a lot of rap or corny songs like the Electric Slide. The only trouble spots we had were minor: there were some flubs with the wedding party's names and he accidentally swapped the Father/Bride dance song with the Groom/Mother song. Not by any means ruinous and everything was corrected quickly. The ceremony was perfect and we're glad we had him on hand. Their prices were on par with their competitors, so that's great too. We didn't elect to use their photo-booth or add on packages (like lighting), but if you're looking for more than a basic DJ these guys are well equipped to handle it. The owner, Paul Anthony, is very personable and I appreciated that he didn't give me a "hard-sell" pitch like other DJ companies did. I do hope he gets a secretary or assistant because he was at times difficult to reach. But, we had no issues once he connected us directly with the DJ on staff, Vince. Overall, this is a well-done outfit and I recommend it!

Sent on 10/22/2012

Joelle · Married on 07/14/2012

3.0

Let me start this review by saying that James was our DJ (employed by Paul Anthony Entertainment) and he was fantastic. He really felt out the vibe of our wedding and played amazing music that made us VERY happy.

All of the paperwork was done with Paul Anthony (the owner of the company), and since he is usually booked up, he then assigns you to a DJ that he feels suits your needs. He assigned us with James, and he was spot on. While Paul is professional and extremely knowledgeable, we did question some of his prices during negotiation because he was on the high side. Instead of explaining the difference in price to us between him and the other guys, he made some remarks that made me uncomfortable negotiating. My other gripe was that the day before the wedding, we agreed via e-mail that two uplights (uplighting was purchased through him as well for the event as a package) would be placed outside. This never happened. I was never told why or what happened - I am sure there was a good reason it didn't happen, but I probably should have gotten an explanation as to why my guests were in the dark outside.

To sum it up, besides a few minor hiccups, the DJ was amazing (James), the uplighting in the ballroom was AMAZING, and the equipment and DJ stand looked extremely professional. I would definitely recommend Paul Anthony Entertainment for any wedding or event.

Sent on 08/29/2012

Paul Anthony Entertainment's reply:

Joelle, thank you for your review.
    In response with regards to the lighting outside. When I was on site earlier in the day to set up, the outdoor area where the 2 up-lights where requested was not secure. The outdoor area of Women's Club faced a street that had a lot of foot traffic and I did not feel safe leaving the lighting gear there unattended for such a long period of time.

Sabina · Married on 06/27/2010

2.0

We had Paul Anthony DJ our wedding as well as a bongo player which was awesome! Paul captured the crowd with his creative spin on playing music to get everyone up and dancing. People were amazed how great he was and the song choices were perfect for dancing. Paul is extremely talented with mixing songs and it made us feel like we were in a club dancing to our favorite songs.

Sent on 08/06/2010

2.2
      1.0
      1.0
      3.0

James DePaul was our DJ, he asked us to send him a list of songs to play and not to play. We did just that and were mis-led, from the list we provided he did not play most of the songs we noted. Also we specifically asked that no requests be made and at our wedding and he opened up the floor asking guests for requests. Because of this I had to hear all night happy birthday this person, happy anniversery that couple. It wasn't the sophisticated behavior we asked for when we met with Paul Anthony in 2009. During the wedding there were a couple of songs played that wasn't blended properly, example during the ceremony a song was cut short because of poor timing and during the reception at one point the CD skipped! In the end the music was not what we wanted and I did not throw a bridezilla fit, instead I took it in and made the best of it. We have a few events turning up later this year and 2011 and this is one vendor we are going to stay away from.

We met with Paul back in 2009 and he interviewed us and asked about our style and what we wanted and didn't want. We told him we were looking to have an elegant wedding, something with a DJ that would play music, not someone who is constantly on the mike giving shout-outs and attempting to get the party on the dance floor by voice. Paul suggested we use DJ Paul DeJames, he said he was the best and there was an extra charge for him because he was that good. We were sold.

A week before the wedding we were a bit worried because we paid a deposit in 2009 for a 2010 wedding and never received any contact with the vendor. Email, voicemails were left and it took a few days to receive a response. The excuse for the delay is they are expanding and we were told we would get a call from our dj. Our DJ called and we met with him in person, we told him we wanted no rap music at all and our wedding guests were of an older generation and wanted no bubble gum pop. He told us to trust him and to send him a list of the music we wanted to play and not to play. Regrettably, we were lied to and our reception was mixed with rap, bubble gum pop and shout-outs. Not the sophisticated wedding we wanted or asked for.

Sent on 07/05/2010