Pat's Floral Designs Reviews

Pat's Floral Designs 5
Pat's Floral Designs 6
Pat's Floral Designs 7

Adam · Married on 09/01/2018

Southern Blooms provided our bouquets and boutonnieres, and they were absolutely perfect. They accommodated certain special requests, and were incredibly responsive throughout the planning process. Delivery on the big day was prompt and seamless. We appreciated working with Pat and her team. Thank you for everything.

Sent on 09/22/2018

Pat's Floral Designs's reply:

Thank you for your reviews! We really appreciate it and are so glad that we were able work with you!

Lauren · Married on 06/11/2017

This was one of my favorite parts of wedding planning and the big day. We absolutely LOVED everything about our experience with this company and Pat and Sherry. My mom and I got to have a meeting with them to discuss our floral preferences and it was one of the most fun conversations we had during wedding planning. We felt as if we all left as friends. They were an absolute JOY to work with. As far as their flowers? Pure artwork - every creation they did for us was absolutely beautiful. The flowers had me speechless on wedding day. You have nothing to fear when you hire Pat & Sherry to provide the florals/greenery for your wedding day. They took my vision and made it even better than I could have imagined. Our pictures are absolutely gorgeous. I wish I could have kept all of the flowers forever. Can't speak highly enough of them! There's nobody better in the area and they are worth every penny!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Pat's Floral Designs's reply:

Lauren - we so loved working with you and your mom throughout the entire process! Thank you for including us in your amazing day and we can not stop looking at your gorgeous photos!

Jacqueline · Married on 05/28/2017

Southern Bloom by Pat's Floral Design is hands down THE BEST FLORAL DECISION YOU'LL MAKE. They're easy to work with, quick on communication, and put together the most beautiful floral arrangements I've ever seen. Working with Pat and her team was a dream -- they knew exactly what we wanted to see and really brought our ideas to life, far exceeding our expectations. I've received soooo many compliments on my florals, and in particular, the chuppah! They made my wedding an absolute dream.

Kelly · Married on 11/19/2016

Unbelievable. I could not have asked for more beautiful flowers for our wedding. They were great to work with, offered excellent suggestions based on our interests, and executed it perfectly. They were able to provide us with some additional furniture rentals which was an added bonus to avoid an extra delivery fee had we needed to do it with another vendor. There is a reason these guys are featured in so many magazines! So beautiful!

Lindsey · Married on 10/22/2016

If you want a genuine, kind, talented, dedicated group of individuals look no further. Pat's floral design is amazing! They took the time to meet with us, capture our personality and work small details into the wedding design to make everything just perfect! They literally tied figure eight knots into the bridal bouquet to help highlight our passion of rock climbing (they also added rope detail into the groom and groomsmen boutonnieres). They obviously really care about the work they do and it really shows in their flawless execution. They were a joy to work with and helped make our wedding absolutely perfect! Thank you!

Lauren · Married on 09/24/2016

Easily one of my favorite vendors that we had! Not only were the ladies at Southern Blooms the sweetest people ever, but they have such an incredible passion for what they do and understand your vision. This should say a lot-- I trusted them so much that I told them my colors and generally the flowers I liked and let them do the rest--I told them I wanted them to come up with all of the centerpieces with whatever they thought and they absolutely blew me away! See the video of Lauren & Brandon for details (by Ian's Creations). Can't wait to see all of the pictures!

Kelly · Married on 06/20/2015

Choosing florals for our wedding was one of the most important priorities alongside choosing a photographer and venue and I promise you Southern Blooms does NOT disappoint! I knew we were in good hands from our very first meeting and I really enjoyed visiting their gorgeous new show room where they have tons of rental pieces to choose from. Pat and her team are so sweet, laid back and easy to talk to, they are incredibly professional and you can tell they truly love what they do! Not only were they able to keep us within our budget by giving us lots of ideas such as re-using some of the ceremony flowers during the reception, but they also completely brought my vision to life better than I could have ever imagined! I had originally planned for a gorgeous floral arbor for our outdoor ceremony, but due to the rain we had to execute our Plan B and have our ceremony indoors. Southern Blooms was able to create two large STUNNING arrangements instead of the arbor at the last minute that looked as though we had always planned it that way! Our wedding was breathtaking with all the greenery and pretty florals and I highly recommend Southern Blooms to any future brides-to-be!!

Sent on 07/15/2015

Pat's Floral Designs's reply:

Kelly - You are so sweet! Thank you for your wonderful review. We loved working with you and wish you all the best in your new lives together! They say rain is good luck on your wedding day!

Emily · Married on 06/13/2015

Southern Blooms (Pat's Floral Designs) was the perfect choice for my wedding at The Inn at Willow Grove in Orange, VA. They were experienced and knew my venue and what would look best. They also helped me decide how to reuse some flowers like the ceremony arrangements and bouquets to help decorate the reception. They have a beautiful new showroom space full of great rental pieces that helped me polish the look and feel of our wedding. I also rented two gorgeous farm tables from them to use as our head table. They were available to answer questions and were punctual about delivery and set-up. After having seen the work they had done on other area weddings, I knew I was in good hands and did not have to worry. They took the color palette that I chose and some notes about my favorite flowers and then worked their magic! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 07/03/2015

Pat's Floral Designs's reply:

Thank you Emily for your kind review! We really enjoyed working with you on your special day and love to hear feedback on your experience with us! We do work very hard to get to know each bride and love seeing it all come together for you! We wish you all the best and thank you for working with us!

Camryn · Married on 06/13/2015

Southern Blooms (Pat's Floral Design) did an absolutely amazing job with the flowers for my June wedding in Keswick, VA. The ladies were so easy to work with and SO SWEET. They immediately understood my color preferences and design aesthetic, and worked with me to select beautiful vases and table elements that really brought the design of our wedding together. On the wedding day, my jaw actually dropped when I saw the bouquets and table center pieces!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Pat's Floral Designs's reply:

Camryn, thank you for your review! We are always so glad to hear about our brides experiencing that "wow" moment - it means a lot to hear you had that moment and thank you for allowing us to take part in your special day! We wish you all the best!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 05/03/2015

Pat's is absolutely the best! After one meeting they were able to create incredible centerpieces, arrangements, an altar archway, and the most beautiful bouquets you've ever seen that all perfectly blended with my vision. The ladies at Pat's are some of the sweetest and most generous in the wedding business and they are SO talented! PLUS they have an amazing barn full of every decor item you could think of (we used candelabras, votives, etc.) that add that extra zing! Whether you are having a rustic, more organic wedding or a luxe fete I am certain that Pat's will give you the flowers of your dream!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Pat's Floral Designs's reply:

Thank you Stephanie for your sweet review! We truly enjoyed working with you as well and have really enjoyed seeing your pictures that Rachel May shared with us and that were on Southern Weddings blog! We wish you all the best!

NICOLE · Married on 04/12/2014

Lindsay was simply a joy to work with! She took our vision and our budget and made it work. The flowers were just incredibly beautiful! She exceeded our expectations and everything was perfect!! Our guests raved about how elegant everything looked. I was concerned when looking for a florist that once they showed you their previous work and you pointed out what you liked, that you would get a "cookie cutter" design based on color palate. Rest assured, that is not what you get with Pat's. It was completely tailored to our vision and style. We could not be more pleased and would definitely recommend them!

• Tammy

Tammy · Married on 10/05/2013

The fresh fall flowers of the "Southern Blooms" design selected for my bouquet & my groom's boutineer were absolutely beautiful. The flowers were so fragrant and added the special touch to our special day.

• Anne Cary

Anne Cary · Married on 08/10/2013

Pat's Florals did a fantastic job with the flowers for our wedding. She really made my vision come to life and created stunning arrangements.

We chose Pat's based on their fantastic reputation. Pat and Sherry absolutely exceeded expectations, and everything they delivered was top-notch. They've been doing this for a long time and had lots of great tips for what in-season flowers to use as well as how to re-use flowers during the course of the day to save money. They do amazing work and are simply the best florists in the Charlottesville area.

Pat and Sherry were professional, responsive and accommodating during the entire process. They accommodated a special ribbon request and were responsive to numerous changes up until wedding day.

We received numerous compliments both during and after the reception about the flowers. We would absolutely use them again and would enthusiastically recommend them to friends and family.

Sent on 08/21/2013

Pat's Floral Designs's reply:

Thank you so much! We loved being a part of your special day!

Pat, Sherry, and their team are incredible! We worked with them for our wedding and rehearsal dinner in May 2013. From the moment we first had a consultation with Pat, I knew we didn't need to look any further. Their work speaks for itself but to top that off, they are so friendly and nice. It was so comforting to know that all of our florals would show up the day of and be absolutely beautiful - this is incredibly important when picking a florist! They were constantly willing to come out to our venue (which was our home) for site visits to ensure everything would be set up correctly the day of - we really appreciated this. The flowers lasted and never got droopy which I have noticed at other wedding tends to happen with bouquets especially ones with hydrangea which ours had. As well, they have the most beautiful farm tables available to rent which really add to the decor. We are so thankful we found them and I would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding!

Elizabeth · Married on 12/08/2012

Pat and Sherry were the greatest to work with for my daughter's wedding. They took time to meet with us and find out what we liked and did not like. The bridal bouquet was perfect- beautiful with peonies, hydrangeas, and sahara roses. The bridesmaids bouquets were also beautiful- perfectly matching the dresses. The centerpieces for the seated dinner at Farmington could not have been more lovely. We planned half low centerpieces and half tall. They had gorgeous silver candelabra which we used and put flowers in the center of it. The room looked beautiful. We could not have been more pleased. I would highly recommend them!

• JonEll

JonEll · Married on 09/29/2012

Pat's Floral Designs did all of the flowers for our wedding. They were everything we could have asked for and more! We even ordered a garland for my daughter to wear as the flower girl and she looked absolutely perfect with this flawless addition. We were very delighted with the care that went into each piece - from the bride's bouquet to the bridesmaid's flowers and the family boutonnieres.

Sent on 10/05/2012

Pat's Floral Designs's reply:

Thank you! We are so glad to have been a part of your special day!

Mirentxu · Married on 08/31/2012

From the Groom... Pat was amazing. We had started working with another Florist, but had to leave because it wasn't working out. Pat took us on and made my bride feel amazing about the floral arrangements that weren't decided upon and to be done in 3 more months! We were on a budget and she went back and forth with the bride until she found something that worked. The bouquet was a work of art and everyone commented on how beautiful it was. They rented us some lanterns and other things for things for the center pieces that made the tables look amazing.

Sent on 09/10/2012

Pat's Floral Designs's reply:

We were glad to be a part of your special day and we are happy everything worked out so well, looking forward to seeing pictures!

Kellie · Married on 06/16/2012

Pat's Floral Design was great to work with! I didn't have specific flowers I wanted other than some roses and wanted my colors incorporated. Pat and her team used their creativity and came up with all of my bouquets which were beautiful and an amazing floral decoration which they put on an arbor that my parents made that we got married in front of. It was very beautiful and we will have those pictures forever! I would definitely recommend Pat's Floral Design to other brides.

Sent on 09/05/2012

Thank you Kellie!
    It was a real joy to work with you!

Leslie · Married on 04/28/2012

Pat and her team were amazing. I absolutely LOVED my flowers. They took the time to understand my color palette, what design elements I liked and gave me the most beautiful flowers for my wedding day. My budget was definitely smaller (unfortunately), but they helped me figure out how to reuse flowers from the ceremony at the reception to maximize every dollar. Better yet, the bouquets that put together for me looked like top-dollar creations. Pat and her team are friendly, professional and helpful. I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Pat's Floral Designs's reply:

Thank you Leslie, it was a joy working with you!

Annie · Married on 11/05/2011

Pat's Floral Designs was the first wedding vendor my husband and I met with, and we were so happy we did! Immediately, Pat and Sherry made us feel at ease with their combination of creativity, professionalism, and warmth. They were a huge part of the overall design process, suggesting interesting pieces in addition to floral elements. Meetings with Pat and Sherry were fantastic--they made us even more excited about the big day.

My husband and I had a general idea of what kind of flowers we wanted, but for the most part we let Pat and Sherry work with what they thought was lovely and appropriate to our theme. As a result, everything looked gorgeous and matched perfectly with the other decor elements. It was great to know that we could let Pat's Floral Designs work their magic and everything would turn out beautifully.

Pat's Floral Designs is way more than just a florist. Pat and Sherry have an amazing attention to detail and an eye for beauty.

Jean · Married on 07/16/2011

I absolutely loved my flowers! I am not a creative person but I knew the colors I wanted in my wedding. I met with the florist and she helped me pick out colors for each bouquet. She took my thoughts and transformed them into beautiful flower bouquets. She also worked within my price range and substituted seasonal flowers to make it cheaper whenever she could. She also suggested that we place empty vases on the head table at the reception and place the bridal and bridesmaids' bouquets in them as flowers for the reception. She provided and set up empty vases at the reception site so they were ready for the bouquets when the bridal party arrived. She also provided flower petals and arranged them beautifully on each table at the reception. She also provided flower petals that our guests threw for our getaway after the reception. It looked gorgeous! I was so grateful for their expertise! I highly recommend them.

Amy · Married on 06/18/2011

Pats Floral came up with helpful, innovative ways to work with the budget I gave them. Their work exceeded expectations.

Sent on 07/12/2011

Pat's Floral Designs's reply:

Thank you! We enjoyed working on your fun wedding - we would love to see some photos! We wish you a wonderful future together!

Emily · Married on 06/04/2011

Pat and Sherry were so much fun to work with! Their work is AMAZING - everything was better than I imagined. The flowers were beyond my expectations and many of our guests commented that they had never seen such beautiful flowers at a wedding. They have so many ideas, tips and suggestions. I highly recommend working with Pat's!

Sent on 07/20/2011

Pat's Floral Designs's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to take part in your special day! We truly enjoyed working with you and your mom throughout the process and it was fun seeing it all come together. You were a joy!

Laura · Married on 05/27/2011

Pat and Sherry did an amazing job on our flowers, I couldn't have been more pleased!!!

Sent on 06/22/2011

Pat's Floral Designs's reply:

Thank you! You were a pleasure to work with and we wish you all the best!