patrick mcnamara photography Reviews

162 | Cape Neddick, ME

162 Reviews for patrick mcnamara photography

Patrick was very professional and easy to work with, and his work is beautiful. He was very thorough in explaining his services when we first spoke with him, and was helpful in recommending some other vendors for services we had not booked yet.
    Patrick had us make a list of "must-get" shots, with the names of everyone we wanted in our formals, and recommended we have a family member coordinating these shots to keep things moving quickly. He was very interested in us having all of the pictures we want, without taking up too much of our reception time.
    Patrick captured many wonderful candid shots of our reception and dinner, but he was unobtrusive and very professional. Our portraits came out beautifully, in part due to his coaching on the best way for us to pose and his great sense of humor.
    We appreciate Patrick's services and would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 07/03/2013

Rachel · Married on 06/08/2013

From the moment we met Patrick at our initial meeting my husband and I knew that Patrick would be the perfect photographer for our wedding. Whether it was taking engagement or formal photos he was able to get us to relax and enjoy the moment. Patrick was able to help us streamline exactly what photos we wanted and were looking for from our big day. All of the guests who have seen our formal wedding photos so far are raving about them! Patrick has worked many weddings with our venue and dj, so we knew we could count on him to get us through the day. We would recommend Patrick to anyone!!

Sent on 07/15/2013

Tara · Married on 06/07/2013

Our ceremony was suppose to be outside but it poured on our wedding day! I was nervous about how the pictures were going to come out inside. We had Patrick Mcnamara as our photographer and not only was he professional and organized but his pictures came out amazing! He caught the best moments on camera! He photographed things that I forgot even happened! He is a wonderful photographer and you will not regret hiring him. I am so glad we chose him for our wedding day!

Sent on 06/19/2013

Kara · Married on 05/18/2013

We can’t say enough about Patrick and his crew (Joe and Rory). He did an amazing job capturing our special day. He is so easy to work with and he makes the process of taking photographs on your wedding day with your family and friends seamless and enjoyable. We can’t thank him enough for our amazing photographs – we will definitely be looking at our pictures with fond memories for a long time to come. We are looking forward to working with Patrick again in the future!

Sent on 06/29/2013

Sue & James · Married on 05/04/2013

As Patrick McNamara came so highly recommended by so many different professionals in the hospitality industry, we had no doubt that he would do a wonderful job. What we didn't know was that he would go so beyond our expectations! He was helpful, professional and funny from the first phone conversation on. (He even contacted a bride from a previous shoot because I saw her gown in one of his albums and wanted to know where she bought it!) We had a lot of fun with him on our wedding day, and due to his suggestions beforehand, the formal pictures were organized and quick. At the reception, it was as if he was one of our guests taking pictures - so unobtrusive, yet so thorough. We were absolutely thrilled when we saw our pictures! He captured the whole happy feeling of the day so beautifully. We will treasure these pictures always. We highly, highly recommend Patrick!!

Sent on 06/19/2013

Anna · Married on 10/07/2012

I can sum up my review in four short words: “Hire Patrick McNamara Photography!!!” However, if you really need more detail, here is why Patrick is so phenomenal: First, Patrick is incredibly courteous and professional. From our first meeting to our engagement shot to the big day, Patrick was on time, ready to go and out to catch the best photo possible. Second – and this might seem strange – but this is both Patrick’s “job” and “passion”. He is an artist and it shows in his work… he isn’t out to capture 1,000,000 okay shots; he is out to capture 1,000 amazing shots. Third, Patrick is willing to go that extra mile to capture your big day… in my case, this included discussing multiple back-up rain plans, riding around on a crazy golf cart to find just the right “fall tree”, completing my entire “nice to haves” photo list (which was actually very extensive), climbing up on balconies to capture our guests dancing, and staying extra late to document all the final moments. Granted I haven’t seen my final photos yet, but if they look anything like our engagement photos, I know I will be happy! Trust me, book Patrick McNamara Photography… it will be one of the best wedding decisions you make!

Sent on 10/26/2012

Rachel C · Married on 10/06/2012

I can not say enough about Patrick McNamara photography. I was in awe from day 1 when I stepped in to his studio/home. After seeing many album samples and magazine layouts, I knew he was the one! And to top it off his prices were amazing. To have a photographer that has had cover shots and magazines spreads gives you bragging rights.
    On the day itself Patrick was spot on. He captured every photo I had asked for and many more. Also, he had no problems staying later than planned. He had a great sense of humor and captured so many great moments that I was to busy to see.
    Cheers and many thanks to Patrick for all of his beautiful pictures!

Sent on 10/30/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/09/2012

I truly cannot say enough amazing things about Patrick! He captured our special day perfectly- my husband and I are so thankful to have these beautiful photos to admire for the rest of our lives! We had the best time at our wedding and Patrick fit right in. He's so easy to work with and made even our formal photo shoot enjoyable. He is incredibly talented, and his professionalism blew us away. We recommend Patrick to any bride and groom looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Richard · Married on 08/24/2012

My wife and I had a very small wedding but wanted professional photos for our future memories. Peter worked with us on every aspect and was always very responsive. Always professional and was willing to walk back with us from the wedding site to the reception hall to take more photos , this was 1 mile jaunt but provided excellent photos. We reviewed the photos and they are stunning. The cover photo was so well done we thought we were looking at model picture. Absolutely great and Peter's will always be suggested for future events.

Sent on 09/11/2012

Kelli · Married on 08/04/2012

After meeting Patrick on the day of my daughter's wedding, it became immediately clear why Cori and Paul had selected him to record their event. Professional, easy to talk to, creative, knowledgeable, unobtrusive, personable, effective and clearly an artist with the camera. The photographs are absolutely beautiful and demonstrate how he works the background, lighting, subjects and content of each frame. We could not be more thrilled with the final results....I cannot make up my mind on which 500 photographs to put in my album!

Sent on 09/17/2012

Cori · Married on 08/04/2012

Working with Patrick was one of the best decisions we made when planning our Aug. 4th wedding. He is incredibly professional and has the natural ability to make everyone feel comfortable. Long after the wedding, we were still getting compliments from our family and friends on how much they thought he did a great job of capturing our big day.

In addition to how great we felt working with him on the day of the wedding, the pictures he produced were amazing! We were thrilled with how many variations and angles Patrick was able to capture. Narrowing down the photos to our favorites was incredibly difficult. From there, actually selecting ones to print and/or add to an album was even more of a challenge! My husband and I had the best experience with Patrick and couldn't have been happier with the results. We look forward to other life events (down the road) when we can work with Patrick again!

Sent on 10/14/2012

There were three things that impressed me most about Patrick and his amazing team:

1. He prepared me so well with the correct expectations prior to my wedding day. We confirmed times, talked on several occassions, and created a list of photographs together so that I could capture all the correct moments.

2. His execution was BEATUIFUL. He's polite - funny, in fact - and is competely professional. He treated everyone around him with such respect, and you could really tell he knew exactly what he was doing. He requested photographs that I would have never thought of, and I was completely comfortable - excited, in fact - in each scenario.

3. He worked with every other person - my wedding coordinator, the person at the church, my mother - with patience and grace. He's not only a great photographer, but he's a really nice person.

If you're getting married in Southern Maine, you'd be CRAZY NOT to use Patrick. He's exceptional. Easily the best of the best!

Sent on 08/08/2012

Lizzie · Married on 07/25/2012

Brides-to-be: Book Patrick to photograph your wedding! He went above & beyond for our special day. We had been referred to him by my florist, and we're so glad! From the first phone meeting, I knew we picked the right photographer. We met him in his lovely studio and he made us feel so comfortable. We hadn't really given the photos much thought until then, but after speaking with him we were so excited about them. He provided us with a standard list of suggested formal photos, which was very very helpful, and then we just added our ideas from there. Patrick showed up early to our wedding to take site & prep shots, and he was completely focused on every moment of the celebration and stayed until we gave him the go-ahead to take off. We got a link to our web gallery in record time, and have looked at the hundreds of photos hundreds of times. Patrick's personality is wonderful, he's very professional, and his work is the BEST.

Sent on 08/16/2012

Heidi · Married on 06/23/2012

Patrick was a professional at their best! Even before our special day he jumped into action helping us out. Two months before our big day our wedding venue closed its doors. Patrick made several phone calls on our behalf helping us secure a new venue for our big day. He went above and beyond to make sure our day would go on. Then on the day of our wedding he captured the most beautiful pictures I'd ever seen. He is a master at his craft and his personality is so comforting. I felt like Patrick was my friend for years!! His prices a reasonable and his a la cart menu makes him reasonable for anyone's budget.

Sent on 07/29/2012

Meaghan · Married on 06/17/2012

It's difficult to even put into words how amazing it was to work with Patrick! From the first time we met with him, we knew he would be able to capture our special day better than anyone else could. He is not only extremely talented and professional in every aspect, but also a wonderful and caring person who made us feel comfortable throughout the whole process. He offered invaluable advice/suggestions with not only the photographs, but with details for the entire wedding.
    The photographs are absolutely beautiful and exceeded all of our expectations! After the wedding we also worked with Patrick on a slideshow and a photo book, which he designed, and we could not have been happier with either product!
    Patrick goes above and beyond for his clients, and his photographs are proof of his immense talent and commitment to his work. We could not have asked for anything more and we are definitely looking forward to working with Patrick again in the future!

Sent on 08/14/2012

David · Married on 04/21/2012

Simply fantastic, would never consider going with another photographer after how well our wedding photos turned out. My wife and I both work extremely long hours, and Patrick could not have been more accommodating to our schedules. That alone was worth his weight in gold. How he managed to get our many camera-shy family members in our formal and casual photos (and looking superb!), I will never know. Thank you Patrick!

Sent on 06/19/2012

Joan · Married on 12/31/2011

New Year's Eve Wedding at The Red Barn at Outlook Farm......night time, chilly, and very dark outside, but somehow Patrick found "the light"......magical misty outdoor photos of bride and groom....the photos of the entire evening, right up until midnight capture the party mood, amd the black and white photos of the wedding party by candlelight are our favorites. Thank you Patrick for giving us such great photo remembrances and memories we will now have forever. The Burnaps

Sent on 02/07/2012

DeNuzzio · Married on 12/31/2011

Patrick's quality of service and professionalism were just what we were looking for. He took amazing photos throughout the whole night, and I absolutely LOVED the ones he captured in the evening light. We didn't want the formal photos to take too long either, as we wanted to get to the cocktail hour, and he helped make that possible. We highly suggest using Patrick for you wedding photos OR any event for that matter.

Sent on 05/04/2012

Laura · Married on 12/17/2011

Patrick captured truly every detail at our wedding. Not only was he professional and kind, he has an amazing eye. I was a nervous wreck on our wedding day, he was calm and collected and not at all in the way. We barely knew he was there. From my sparkle Kate spade pumps to my grandmothers dancing the night away, Patrick got it all. My pictures came out sooo beautiful. I have heard from so many friends and family how unbelievable they are. He is very helpful in the ordering process as well. I recommend Patrick to everyone now. He is the best!! Thank you again Patrick. We look forward to working with you again in the future

Sent on 03/09/2012

Megan · Married on 10/22/2011

We could not have been more pleased with Patrick and his work. Throughout our planning and wedding day he was extremely helpful and a complete professional. We are thrilled with our photos and feel that he couldn't have done a better job. It was such a pleasure working with Patrick, we cant' recommend him enough.

Sent on 11/15/2011

Colleen · Married on 10/01/2011

Patrick's professionalism, skill, and artistry were evident from our first meeting. We immediately knew we were in capable hands, and Patrick didn't let us down. He directed us confidently during our pre-ceremony photos, managed a rowdy crowd during the formal pics, and worked unobtrusively during the rest of the event. He captured amazing photos (even though the weather didn't fully cooperate). We highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Jenn · Married on 09/10/2011

Patrick is awesome! He captured some amazing memories from our special day. He is professional yet willing to have my crazy family dance around him to get my 20 month old nephew's attention so he could capture the perfect picture. I would highly recommend Patrick's services!

Sent on 09/26/2011

Mike · Married on 09/09/2011

My wife Sheila and I had our wedding in York Harbor Maine in September, 2011. We met with Patrick face to face about a year prior to the wedding at his office, Patrick made us feel extremely comfortable and laid out all of our options.
    When I first started researching wedding photographers I won't lie there was a little bit of sticker shock. In my naivety all I could think was "all they do is take pictures" boy was I wrong. Patrick's prices were right in line with all other photographers, I can whole hardheartedly say that hiring Patrick was our best investment of the entire wedding. He was a professional first, an artist second and lastly a photographer.
    One short story... While the groomsmen and I were getting ready for the wedding mass, none of us could figure out how to tie the bow tie for our ring bearer. Thank God Patrick was there to save the day.
    The final pictures were nothing short of AMAZING!!!
    Thank you Patrick for making our wedding an amazing day. We will never foget you. I will never recommend anyone other than Patrick, I can't even imagine someone being better.

Sent on 10/01/2011

Samantha · Married on 08/05/2011

Patrick encompasses everything you could ever ask for in a photographer. He is the perfect balance of professional and personal, efficient and casual. From our first appointment to the big day he was an incredible resource for vendors and wedding advice. I did not think that we could be more pleased with choosing Patrick as a photographer ... and then we saw the pictures. Book Patrick now! All of your other vendor choices will just fall into place.

Sent on 09/06/2011

Courtney · Married on 07/03/2011

Patrick is extremely professional, but also has artistic flair (which makes for outstanding photos). He kept the family and wedding party in good spirits during the formal shots (even my grumpy grandma). The turnaround time on seeing our photos was super quick. My new husband and I were stunned with the work - he captured so many wonderful moments! You cannot go wrong with Patrick. A+++!

Sent on 08/03/2011