patrick mcnamara photography Reviews

162 | Cape Neddick, ME

162 Reviews for patrick mcnamara photography

Stephanie · Married on 08/02/2014

Patrick was an absolutely wonderful photographer to work with! My husband and I are not from Maine so we were not quite sure where to begin in determining wedding vendors. We met Patrick at a wedding show at the Nonantum Resort and were immediately put at ease.

Before even seeing his work, we were drawn to his genuine, straightforward personality. It was clear that he really loves what he does and wants each couple to be thrilled with their photographs. I will say this attitude continued throughout the entire engagement period. Patrick was extremely responsive, positive, and helpful in suggesting other great vendors in the area as well.

It was pretty rainy on the day we initially planned for our engagement pictures, and Patrick was very flexible with any direction we wanted to take it. He was happy to either move forward or reschedule to best suit our needs. Again, he really just wanted us to be happy with the session.

And then of course, on the actual wedding day I cannot say enough positive things. He captured amazing shots, was fun, easygoing, and also efficient. He provided great direction and pointed out good photo opportunities while also allowing us to truly enjoy the day. We are thrilled with the photos we have - so much so that I don't even know where to begin in picking for frames or an album...but that's a great problem to have! A few of my friends have already mentioned that they now know who to have when it comes to their weddings some day!

Sent on 09/14/2014

Denise · Married on 08/01/2014

What can we say AMAZING!!! Patrick was so fun and outgoing at our wedding his work is unbelievable he captured such great memories. Such a talent! All the guest enjoyed his energy! We highly recommend Patrick :)))

Sent on 08/22/2014

Laurie · Married on 07/27/2014

Just finished viewing the wedding photos from my daughter's wedding-Stunning and beautiful! As a very fussy mother-of-the-bride, I can say that I would recommend Patrick McNamara photography without reservation. He was extremely professional throughout the process, showing tremendous attention to detail on the day of the wedding. He was able to capture every moment from the prep before the ceremony to the last dance of the reception. Great formal shots, great candids- and most important of all, he was able to convey the joy and love that we all felt when sharing that special day.

Sent on 08/14/2014

Kelley · Married on 07/26/2014

Every bride wants her wedding pictures to be as beautiful as the moment she says "I do". Patrick did not disappoint. We will treasure our pictures and be forever grateful to Patrick and his talents. Thank you, Patrick.

Sent on 08/10/2014

Samantha · Married on 07/12/2014

We just got our pictures in from our wedding we are so happy with how they came out! We had family and guests comment on how professional and capable he was. I especially like how he prepped ahead of time with asking who and what groups we wanted pictures of... No stress or running around at the wedding and no important people left out. We would definitely reccomend Patrick!

Sent on 08/09/2014

Justin · Married on 07/11/2014

Patrick was an amazing photographer to work with and my wife and I are very happy that we chose the best photographer for our wedding. We could tell from the moment that we met him that he was very professional and experienced. He not only is knowledgeable about photography, but he is also a great resource for your wedding in general. He was very patient with the kids in our wedding, had great energy and has an amazing attention to detail. He has a knack for photographing the joy of the entire day and capturing amazing photos. We had high expectations for our photos, and he exceeded them! We would recommend him to everyone hands down.

Sent on 09/11/2014

Picking Patrick to shoot our wedding was easy, I met him at the tasting at the Union Bluff and immediately knew we wanted to work with him. His pictures are classic and beautiful. I don't consider myself comfortable in front of a camera, and we did not have an engagement session, so I was a little nervous the day of the wedding, but Patrick made me feel comfortable and was determined to get the right shots. We were able to cram a first look session & all of the formals into just over an hour (due to my last minute decision to do first look), which was a lot with a bridal party of 20!. We received the photos the other day, and the more I look at them, the more I love them. My wedding was by far the fastest day of my life, and I am so happy Patrick was able to document for us.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Samantha · Married on 06/21/2014

Patrick photographed my wedding on 6/21/14 and he is amazing! We received the pictures and they are stunning. Patrick is so great to work with and made sure he captured all of the best moments of the wedding.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Christine · Married on 06/14/2014

Hiring Patrick to be our wedding photographer was the one of the smartest decisions we made! We met him at a wedding showcase and were immediately impressed with his beautiful photographs. Patrick also did our engagement photos and was so wonderful to work with. He makes you feel at ease in front of the camera. It felt like having a friend there with us. He was also so helpful at planning out the wedding day and helped us make a wedding timeline. After the wedding was over, the images he captured not only brought our wedding back to life for us, but were simply outstanding. We've had so many compliments from everyone who have seen them. Our advise to you is book Patrick now and if he's not available consider changing the date of your wedding to a date that fits his schedule. Yes, he's that good!!! We'd also like to give a shout out to his top notch assistant Rory. They make a great team!

Sent on 07/03/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/06/2014

Working with Patrick for our Maine wedding event was an absolute pleasure. His vision for great photos was so refreshing and fun for our party. The end results were incredible, making us feel & look like the king & queen of the ball.

Sent on 06/19/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 05/17/2014

Picking Patrick as our photographer was a no-brainer. He had a ton of experience at our venue and once we met him, we knew he would be a great fit. He has a no-nonsense approach to his pricing, his personality and his photos. He efficiently got us through formal photos and bargained with our ring bearer so we could get shots without his stuffed animal! The turn-around time was very quick (2 weeks from our event date), and I can't stop looking at the pictures. I can't wait to make the album! We would recommend him without hesitation.

Sent on 06/03/2014

Patrick was great to work with and we are so thrilled we decided to have him capture our wedding day! He was not only a great photographer but also a wonderful resource when we were planning our wedding. He was very knowledgable about vendors as well as various wedding details. He helped our wedding day go smoothly and was able to capture our wedding perfectly!

Sent on 05/07/2014

Kemily · Married on 01/19/2014

A winter wedding in New England? No problem for Patrick. It was freezing, it snowed the day before, and we had a very small window for outdoor shots. Patrick captured some of our favorite photos while navigating the snow and ice. The other WW reviews sum up his talent, professionalism, and how easy he is to work with. But for my husband and I, we really felt like he cared and could tell that he's truly passionate about photography. He also made us rethink some shots we had originally nixed, including 'getting ready' photos that we're glad we have. We'd highly recommend Patrick and hope our paths cross again in the future.

Sent on 04/09/2014

Tiffany · Married on 10/18/2013

Patrick is incredibly gifted and talented at his craft. He doesn't just take pictures, he captures special moments. He has such a warm and friendly personality and instantly makes you feel comfortable.
    We were very fortunate to have an engagement shoot with him and we are so thrilled we did! Not only do we have breathtakingly beautiful pictures, but he also took the time to get to know us as a couple. It was a great bonding experience. After seeing the amazing images he captured, we were even more excited for our wedding pictures!
    For our wedding we felt so at ease. He genuinely cares about you as a couple and doesn't see you as just a client. He wants to make sure you are not only happy, but that he exceeds your expectations, and I assure you he will!
    He also has an incredible balance of capturing those artistic shots and those wonderful candid shots. He will get all the details you may have otherwise missed on your special day and shots with that twinkle in your eye. You really will get the best of both worlds with Patrick!
    I would highly recommend him for any photography needs! For any special moment you want to be sure you have the best of the best and that is exactly how we would describe Patrick!
    Thank you so much for capturing such incredible moments on our big day! We will cherish them for years to come! Love, Tiffany and Patrick :)

Sent on 11/27/2013

Anthony · Married on 10/05/2013

Patrick was so helpful with the whole process. We had a destination wedding so finding vendors was not easy. We chose Patrick as our photographer and from the beginning he was so helpful with everything. He would help us with anything, like references on cake people and florists. He was so helpful with the wedding details besides even the photography. When it came to the big day he was very professional and efficient. He made the whole process as painless and fun as possible.

Sent on 11/03/2013

Kathleen · Married on 09/20/2013

Although Patrick came highly recommended, all our business was done by phone or email. You can imagine my relief when I finally met Patrick and found that he was personable, but very focused at the same time. When the pictures went online, I saw that they captured the spirit of the wedding. Patrick took the list of requested shots, and got them all beautifully, and more of his choosing. I would choose him again in a second. Thanks, Patrick. From M-O-T-Bride

Sent on 10/25/2013

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Patrick!! I had met him briefly at a wedding expo in Maine (before I was even engaged) and his pictures were absolutely beautiful!! He also had a very nice way about him that put you at ease and that made you feel comfortable. When we did get engaged, we didn't hesitate for one minute in picking Patrick to do our engagement and wedding photos - and we are so thrilled with our decision!! During our engagement shoot, we had so much fun with him and he really took the time to get to know us as a couple. The pictures came out gorgeous!! We would definitely recommend doing these because it made us a lot more comfortable the day of the wedding - and it was great to have such beautiful shots in a casual setting! Leading up to the wedding, Patrick was very responsive and took the time to plan the day and figure out what was important to us! We were so impressed at how smoothly everything ran the day of - we didn't have to worry about one thing. We had a very large, boisterous wedding party (that did not want to pay attention after a few glasses of champagne) and Patrick did an excellent job of keeping everyone focused and thanks to him, everything ran on time and all of the special moments of our day were captured beautifully!! We would highly recommend working with Patrick - he is so talented and such a good guy! We really felt like we became friends with him over the past year and we will miss working with him!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Tricia · Married on 09/07/2013

I cannot say enough great things about Patrick. Making the decision to have him for our wedding photographer was an easy one. From the very beginning he was very professional and responsive. He was an absolute pro during our engagement photo session and the pictures came back gorgeous. On our wedding day we had many people coming up to us saying that Patrick was fantastic. He was so friendly to the guests and everyone couldn't believe how much he was running around and taking the most amazing shots. We just got our photos back last night, must earlier then expected and they far exceeded anything I could have imagined. We LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Everyone that has seen them thus far cant believe how well they turned out. Choosing the right vendor for your wedding can be very stressful but I promise you that choosing Patrick is the easiest and BEST decision you can make!

Sent on 10/02/2013

Mike · Married on 09/06/2013

Patrick did a great job throughout the entire process and was an absolute pleasure to work with. He is highly responsive and extremely knowledgeable and experienced which made a major difference in ensuring we had a great wedding day experience. Unmatched quality and attention to the smallest details. Patrick is simply the best and I would unequivocally recommend working with him.

Sent on 10/10/2013

Mark · Married on 08/31/2013

We used Patrick for our engagement shoot as well as our wedding and we couldn't be happier. Patrick has a great ability to make you feel relaxed and at ease when working with you. We found that he also was very good at listening to what we wanted and working to be sure we got the end result. Our pictures were incredible from both our engagement shoot and our wedding. I would highly recommend Patrick to anyone who asked.

Sent on 10/04/2013

Melisa · Married on 07/27/2013

My husband and I were thrilled with Patrick's photography services. The photos that Patrick captured of our new family are priceless. The quality of our wedding photos are top notch and capture the emotion of the day. No detail went unnoticed by Patrick and the small, personal touches that we incorporated into our wedding from the rings, to the sand ceremony, to the favors, flowers, and centerpieces were all magazine quality. The ceremony, family, and portrait photos are stunning. His read on locations and lighting were right on, and he was quick! We were back and enjoying our guests in no time and had our photos in two weeks! He was professional and worked so well with us, our kids, our family, and our guests. We couldn't be more pleased and look forward to having Patrick photograph our family again in the future as we grow together.

Sent on 08/10/2013

Kelleigh · Married on 07/20/2013

Patrick was amazing and gave us some really incredible wedding photos. From the first meeting, he was very easy to work with and catered to everything that we wanted. On the day of the wedding, he was there early and was constantly taking photos and even stayed late. He made us all feel very comfortable through out the whole day, which showed in the pictures. He had the photos back to us in less than 2 weeks on a online site that all of my family and friends could see. He really captured every detail of the day and gave us wonderful photos. We will definitely use him again for any pictures that we may need in the future.

Sent on 08/07/2013

Kristine · Married on 07/19/2013

Where to begin about Patrick McNamara? I was blown away by the quality of his work in my first meeting with him. As I looked through his various books I could see the stories come to life. Patrick is extremely professional and yet, humble. He has a great sense of humor, he is so easy to work with, and he is an absolute perfectionist. My husband and I both have complicated families, which meant our formal photographs were going to be a challenge. Patrick had many suggestions and handled everyone beautifully. The bridal party loved working with him and our wedding photos are absolutely stunning. Patrick not only gave us beautiful formal portraits with breathtaking backgrounds and lighting, he also managed to catch so many special moments that happened throughout the day. Often, my husband and I did not even know he was there. What really amazed me was how quickly he got our photos to us. We went on our honeymoon and 2 weeks later we were thrilled to return to an email stating that our photos were ready to be viewed. I would recommend Patrick to everyone I know. Hiring him to shoot my wedding was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Sent on 08/10/2013

Amanda · Married on 07/07/2013

I do not live in the U.S. so my parents went to a bridal show and met Patrick. I trusted their judgement and decided to choose Patrick McNamara as our wedding photography. We had a few phone discussions but most was done online where he sent a complete work up of what works best and takes the thinking out of it on the wedding day. I feel so privileged to have had him at our wedding. Patrick's photography tells the story of our wedding day. Patrick took shots that any bride would want- useable candids, portraits, action shots, intimate moments and in all they whole heatedly captured every memory from that day. I will never be able to forget those special moments because Patrick made our day, his day as well and his care, professionalism and attention to every detail allowed all of my guests to sit back and relax while he did the work. There have been endless comments about how incredible the shots with The Colony behind my husband and I were. Patrick's eagle eye behind the lens captured the true essence of beautiful surroundings of the ocean, The Colony and our happiness. Patrick worked seamlessly with all of the other vendors and appeased all of my guests. Everyone who attended and even those who didn't attend the wedding have been so excited because Patrick posted the pictures to an online site in less than 2 weeks after our wedding where all of my guests have been able to view and purchase shots. I heard that within two days of the pictures being posted, people have already bought some shots. I hope I have an opportunity to use Patrick's services again.

Sent on 07/23/2013

Sarah · Married on 06/23/2013

Patrick was amazing! He was very easy to work with and a lot of fun! I was planning my wedding while finishing up my last semesters of undergraduate college and Patrick understood my hectic schedule. He was great at keeping email contact and even called me to keep me on track. He suggested other vendors to help me plan as well. The photos came out amazing and he keep my husband smiling though the whole shoot, a hard thing to do! Patrick kept the reception rolling and worked great with all my other vendors. He kept the whole day relaxed and we loved working with him!

Sent on 07/08/2013