patrick mcnamara photography Reviews

162 | Cape Neddick, ME

162 Reviews for patrick mcnamara photography

Samantha · Married on 11/07/2015

Patrick and his assistant Connor have been amazing to work with from the start. Patrick is a true professional and a great resource. I had the opportunity to meet with Patrick before doing engagement photos, but my husband did not. Within the first few minutes of engagement photo session my husband was so excited to work with Patrick and relaxed, as well as myself. Not only did he capture amazing photos; recommend fantastic locations, but he was so genuine and excited about his work, which was contagious. Our wedding day couldn't have been better thanks to Patrick. He captured those spontaneous moments that we wanted and worked in sync with all of our vendors. Our wedding guests have passed along an out pour of praise for Patrick and Connor with respects to the photos and their interaction throughout the night with guests and vendors. My husband and I can't say enough praise. We can't wait to continue working with Patrick in the future!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Jillian · Married on 09/26/2015

Patrick was perfect! Patrick and his associate photographed our wedding in September. They were both very professional and accommodating to all of our needs. A few short weeks later we had more of the most amazing pictures then we ever could have dreamed of! Each and everyone is perfect. Tons of the professional shots you would expect from before, during, and after the ceremony, but also so many fantastic shots of our guests and family members enjoying the party. We could not have asked for better!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Colleen · Married on 09/12/2015

Patrick and his assistant photographed our wedding at the Union Bluff Meeting House and the York First Parish and they did an exceptional job! Patrick was recommended by our venue and from our first conversation we knew that he would do an amazing job. He had great suggestions for photography locations in the area and provided us with a timeline that worked with our schedule for the day to make sure we got our must have shots. He was extremely professional and fun to work with especially when having to maneuver our wedding party of 14 to various photo poses!

Soon after the wedding we received access to our online gallery to view our photos. It was great to have the opportunity to have the online gallery to share with family and friends. Our photos are such great memories to how much fun our wedding was. Patrick captured the joy and love shared on our special day and we are so grateful for that!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Samantha · event on: 08/19/2015

Patrick is an amazing photographer who really understands that what makes an event or photo session is the surroundings and the people as well as the main focus/subjects. Not only is he extremely talented and detailed oriented, but he is very responsive (especially considering his busy season) - he is passionate about what he does, all of which translates in to his work. I have been apart of weddings that work with fantastic photographers but despite the few good shots they got left an impression of awkwardness and coldness. Patrick is fantastic at making everyone at ease and comfortable to get those shots that you can't wait to get up on your wall. In a nut shell: he is a professional, that has a clear passion for what he does and it shows through and through in his art.

Sent on 09/04/2015

Hawthorne · Married on 08/01/2015

Patrick photographed our rehearsal dinner and wedding the weekend of August 1 and we couldn't be happier. There were two main things that my husband and I wanted in a wedding photographer- One; high quality photos without dominating our time, Two; a flexible and easy going person. Patrick exceeded our hopes in both areas. He listened to everything we discussed during our calls before the wedding and completely adapted to our needs and wants. He made taking photographs easy and fun. He helped plan the day to make the best use of everyone's time but was absolutely flexible on the day of when things had to change a little. The entire family was talking on Sunday after the wedding about what a nice, funny, and positive person Patrick was to work with. He had us laughing and enjoying every moment. We now have our photographs and they are stunning; they capture the personality and feeling of the event and people perfectly. When the big day is over, all you have is the photos and we are thrilled we had Patrick to capture the moments.

Sent on 08/30/2015

Sekeeta · Married on 07/18/2015

Patrick is truly amazing and what he does!! He photographer our wedding July 18th and our engagement shoot last September. I couldn't be happier with the picture he has produced and with how attentive he was during the whole wedding process!! He was always asking how planning was and if we needed anything and giving suggestions for other venders. On the wedding day he knew exactly what pics needed to be taken and where everyone should stand. We already have our picture and again I could not be happier with how they came out. Thank you Patrick!!

Sent on 07/26/2015

Kristi · Married on 07/14/2015

We are so happy we chose Patrick to cover our small wedding in Kennebunk beach in July. He was professional, friendly and very easy to work with throughout the entire process, as was his assistant Andrew. Patrick did an amazing job of capturing the beautiful setting, our guests, and of course us with the perfect mix of candid and relaxed posed shots. He did a great job giving us feedback while taking pictures to help make them the best they could be. I love that our photos really tell the whole story of our day in the beautiful coastal setting, by perfectly capturing the emotion, fun, excitement and romance of our whole experience. The quality of his work exceeded our expectations, thank you Patrick!!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Stephanie · Married on 07/04/2015

Patrick photographed our wedding on July 4th and the photo's look absolutely amazing! We are so happy with them and we were totally on the same on what images I wanted. He was very responsive and super helpful throughout this whole process. He gave recommendations on other vendors in the area to use as well as suggestions on direction for our engagement shoot and for the wedding day. We an magical wedding day and we were so happy Patrick was there to capture every moment. Thanks Patrick!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Emily · Married on 06/26/2015

Patrick photographed our wedding last week as well as our engagement pictures. He responded quickly to all emails and I honestly felt like he was also our wedding planner- recommending amazing vendors for our DJ, flowers, cake/cupcakes. We were so happy with all of them. Patrick talked us through our wedding day and what would happen when which was incredibly helpful especially earlier on when we were a little lost putting all the pieces together. At our engagement shoot, he talked us through posture/ body positioning which was really helpful on our wedding day. He also captured the most amazing back drops with these pictures. For our wedding, he went through our must have photo list and we were able to get our photos done quickly and efficiently. He was picky about how everyone in the pictures looked which made them all come out amazingly and cut down on wasted pictures. Did I mention it's 6 days after our wedding and we have all our pictures and are in love with them all. I Would definitely recommend Patrick to anyone- his photos speak for themselves but his personality will also put you at ease and make your wedding day stress free.

Sent on 07/02/2015

Thanks to Patrick, our daughter's wedding memories will last a lifetime. From our first contact to receiving almost 900 gorgeous, professional photos, Patrick exemplified professionalism, sensitivity, and creativeness. He captured every aspect of the wedding including some of the bride and groom's unusual requests (wedding rings on a lobster's claw and rings on top of succulent plants). I had been to weddings where the photographers were intrusive and became the focal point and was delighted that Patrick was able to get even the most intimate shots without any of us being aware of his presence. He worked beautifully with the DJ, always in the right spot when important events took place. Now that the whirlwind planning is over, we shall spend many relaxing hours enjoying the pictures Patrick so artistically has provided us.

Sent on 06/26/2015

Claudia · Married on 06/18/2015

Patrick performed his work in a highly skilled and professional manner. Patrick's highly developed interpersonal skills , professional demeanor, and powers of persuasion helped him to orginize ,for photos, a very unfocused group. He met all expectations of the bride and groom and went well beyond!The construction of his photographs, using all of the local senic background of Maine available to him, to our advantage , produced absolutely fabulous pictures to support our life long memiories. His turnaround time was extremely short and the quality of his work is impecable.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Sara · Married on 06/06/2015

Patrick and his team are absolutely outstanding. Let's be real, the photographer is one of the most important vendors that you hire for your wedding, and my husband and I - as well as all of our family and friends - were THRILLED with Patrick's performance & final product.

We chose Patrick for a few reasons. He was on the list of preferred vendors from our venue (Wentworth by the Sea Hotel) and had photographed there before. His portfolio was beautiful. He is very competitively priced (good photography has a price, 1000% worth it, trust me). When we spoke on the phone, he immediately understood our vision and my personality (very type A & constantly stressed). He is clearly very knowledgeable & skilled, not only with photography, but with the wedding industry. He recommended a DJ to us who also was fantastic, and helped us figure out the timeline for the big day.

When he arrived to the craziness of the bridal "getting ready" suite, he didn't bother any of us as we put final touches on ourselves. He and his assistant went upstairs and took pics of the dress, shoes, etc. that were STUNNING. He managed to take candids while we got ready and throughout the night that happily surprised my husband and I when we looked through the final set of proofs (almost 900 photos btw). We gave him a list of formal shots that well exceeded the limit he had set for us, but was flexible and managed to get every shot without making us feel rushed. He made my mom, who HATES photos, feel comfortable in front of the camera - which is a miracle - and she looks gorgeous in all the pics (yay!).

He even orchestrated a BEAUTIFUL and emotional "first look," and the photos made my mom and friends cry (no joke). During the ceremony he and his assistant were unobtrusive, and the shots are OUTSTANDING. He got into the ballroom before the reception and got stills of the table, cake, centerpieces, etc. During the reception, he captured EVERY moment of us and of all our guests.

Sent on 06/19/2015

Patrick is amazing! He took both my engagment and wedding photos. Being an out of state bride, Patrick made everything easy for me. He is very prompt in returning messages or emails, we made appointments with him at my convience and even made suggestions on local vendors. My husband and I felt very confortable with him and even my 2 small nephews loved "posing" for him during the wedding! He takes wonderful pictures and has a great eye for lighting. I have so many beautiful photos it's hard to choose!! Patrick is the best!!

Sent on 07/16/2015

I highly recommend Patrick to anyone who is like me and doesn't want to stress about wedding photography! Besides contacting him I barely had to do a thing. He was so extremely kind and helpful from the first phone call to my big day. He created a customized package for me when I told him I was having a small wedding but he still managed to capture every little detail I wanted. My pictures came out flawless and we had them back in less than a month! He has a great system of making everything go as smoothly as possible and just talking to him will calm and anxieties you will have! 5 stars isn't enough for Patrick!!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Sarah · Married on 05/30/2015

Dream wedding photographer. I was so impressed with his photographs! He was so great to work with - very understanding of how flighty I was about returning emails, which in my case was a bonus, I was overwhelmed a lot with planning and I didn't always respond in a timely manner. The quality of his photography was outstanding. Definitely the best bet to hire for your wedding!

Sent on 02/11/2016

Jamie · Married on 05/24/2015

We had the perfect day for our wedding at the Nonantum Resort and Patrick was able to capture every aspect of it! He did such an amazing job and our pictures our priceless! We can thank him enough for all his hard work making our day memorable!

Sent on 07/02/2015
  • Isaiah

Isaiah · Married on 05/24/2015

Detailed experienced photographer!

I played music for a wedding rehearsal dinner that Patrick was shooting! Such of a great human, loved chatting with him, and just as incredible of a photographer. If you've checked out any of his other reviews or work throughout the years, you know you're going to have top notch photos of the most important day of your life.

Sent on 11/01/2019

Caidra · Married on 05/23/2015

Patrick was the first photographer I met with and I knew right away that he was the photographer for me. Not only was he completely professional but also incredibly knowledgable about his feild. At my wedding he was fun and engaging and helped make the event special. I just viewed my wedding photos and they came out spectacular. Patrick is truly a wonderful photographer and I would highly recommend him to any bride.

Sent on 06/15/2015

K · Married on 05/09/2015

I honestly don't think I can say enough good things about Patrick! We were planning our wedding from a distance and didn't know any vendors in the Portsmouth area so we relied a lot on websites and online reviews on weddingwire and the knot. As soon as I saw Patrick's website (and read through everything and his blog, too!) I knew we had found our photographer! His pictures were stunning and his matter-of-fact / honest website really made me very comfortable in our choice. After speaking with him on the phone I was even more assured as he was just as wonderful to talk with. He spent a lot of time helping me understand the "day of" and how everything was going to work, and even offered to give me any suggestions for other vendors we might need (or feedback if I had one in mind.) (He gave me the recommendation of Craig and iWed Films and I couldn't be happier with our video & lighting Craig provided.) Patrick was so amazing to work with leading up to the wedding, and on the day of was just what we needed - a wonderful, calming presence who knew exactly what to do and say to make us all feel special. My bridal party, family and even my very nervous groom all said what a really nice, kind and fantastic person he was! It's such an overwhelming thing to be the center of all of the "paparazzi" and could have been very stressful, but Patrick and his team made it very much a fun and special time for us all! Everyone has been RAVING about how stunning the pictures are that he took - the lighting, camera angles, all fantastic! We really can't recommend Patrick enough, nor thank him enough for capturing such amazing and treasured moments for us!!

Sent on 07/28/2015

My wife and I interviewed only two photographers because after meeting Patrick we both knew that we had found our photographer. Patrick is a wonderful person and a great photographer. Even my wedding party commented on how great he was. Then we saw our pictures....incrediable! Patrick capured our day in a way that absolutely perfect. We plan to ask him to take family photos in our future. We would recommend Patrick without hesitation.

Sent on 05/26/2015

Kira · Married on 12/13/2014

Patrick Mcnamara Photography is absolutely wonderful. They go above and beyond all expectations! I was such a nervous and stressful bride, so having the re assurance of Patrick and his calm assertiveness to get things done was awesome! His work speaks for itself, I got married in the city of Boston, and I personally don't think anyone could have taken a better picture; they are all just absolutely stunning with so much attention to detail! Any picture you can dream up, Patrick can make happen. Rest assured when you book with them, your wedding pictures will tell the most amazing story!

Sent on 01/01/2015

jennifer · Married on 10/18/2014

Patrick and his team did an amazing job documenting our special day. Not only was he incredibly responsive during the planning stages, during which we had several thorough consultations via Skype, he was professional, punctual, and extremely thorough on our wedding day. Most importantly, the pictures of our day are absolutely incredible. He was able to capture the stills, the portraits, and the candids -- just beautifully. I received a ton of compliments on our photos, and will cherish the memories forever. Thank you Patrick!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Lauren · Married on 10/04/2014

So happy with patrick, he truly was amazing! Our wedding photos came out great, and he was so on top of everything! We are very happy we chose him for our special day.

Sent on 12/05/2014

All I can say is Patrick was great. The pictures are beautiful. Patrick is very professional, clearly very experienced and creative in his photography. He was willing to stay flexible around the amount of time we needed for the wedding. Very easy to work with, always there, but never in the way. He actually added to the wedding day by making the photography formals fun.

Sent on 09/14/2014

Rebecca · Married on 08/09/2014

Patrick was a fantastic photographer to work with and my husband and I couldn't have been happier with choosing him for our wedding. He was extremely professional but at the same time fun to work with and made our whole wedding party laugh. Also he was so patient with our little nieces and nephews and did a great job getting them to smile. Our guests could not say enough good things about him and how many great pictures he was capturing throughout our wedding day. I would highly recommend Patrick to any couple considering him as a photographer!

Sent on 09/04/2014