Patricia South's Bridal Reviews

134 | Fort Lauderdale, FL

134 Reviews for Patricia South's Bridal

Erica · Married on 03/28/2015

Patricia's was the first place I went to try on dresses. I fell in love with the third dress I tried on but wasn't ready to commit yet. Deborah was great & didn't make me feel pressured since she knew it was my first stop. I went to another salon and my dream dress was $200 more there. I finally went back and purchased my dress - when it arrived alterations was great in helping me make it fit perfectly. They also trimmed and sewed on a beaded applique that I purchased on Etsy. The dress was gorgeous and I received so many compliments.

Sent on 04/27/2015

Jennifer · Married on 11/12/2013

This was my third stop in my quest to find a dress and Shelley was great! I told her exactly what I thought I wanted but gave her the option of bringing me things to try on that she thought I might like. She did an excellent job on both fronts. She didn't try to pressure sell me something I didn't want and gave me suggestions for accessories. She was fun and interactive and did a great job of making the dress fit (even when it was a size 14 and I wear a size 4) so that I could see exactly how the dress would look if altered. I cannot find a better descriptive word that FANTABULOUS! I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 04/06/2012

Marisa · Married on 01/28/2012

The girl I worked with in choosing my dress was wonderful, although I know she no longer works there. The rest of the staff has been working there for a long time and they are all very nice and knowledgeable. I loved their large selection of dresses and they did a fantastic job on my dress. I had completely altered the neckline and the seamstresses was excellent.

Sent on 08/19/2012

Amelia · Married on 04/27/2018

3.0

Thank you Shirley for making shopping for my MOB dress successful. I appreciate your 110% effort in helping me get it right.

Sent on 03/22/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/01/2014

Patricia South's was an amazing bridal boutique from start to finish. We were so impressed with Deborah's skills in finding my dress that we ended up using them for the bridesmaid dresses and all of our tuxes. They truly are a one-stop shop and are readily available for assistance with all things wedding-related.

We had a few issues with picking up the tuxes, but our wedding was in the middle of prom and graduation season, so I would suggest ordering way ahead and checking up frequently (like once a week) to ensure that your sizing and orders are made properly.

Sent on 08/04/2014

Cari · Married on 01/25/2014

I worked with Haydee for alterations. She is amazing!!!! I wanted to add lace sleeves to my strapless dress. I only showed her one picture and in a month- it was perfect! I received so many compliments. I am so pleased with Haydee and the entire staff!

Sent on 02/01/2014

Kristen D. · Married on 11/24/2013

After shopping at many other bridal shops, we were thrilled after our first consultation with Katie. She really was genuine about learning what was most important to me as the bride and assisted me in finding the perfect gown for an awesome price! Katie was kind, prompt and attentive. The only challenge I faced as a bride was the onsite seamstress did not speak great English, so we had some challenges communicating my wishes. Also, the upstairs dressing rooms are outdated, falling apart and have terrible air conditioning. It did not reflect the quality of my gown or my experience with Katie. I loved my gown and veil and was pleasantly surprised to pay a lot less that the other places we shopped. I wish I went here first! They also have the greatest selection.

Sent on 12/18/2013

Leslie · Married on 02/11/2011

I found my perfect dress here and I loved it! Deb was my sales person and she was great. Marta was the sweetest lady in the world! She helped me with my alterations and she did an amaizing job! THANK YOU!

Sent on 03/01/2011

Lindsay · Married on 05/23/2009

Picking out the actual dress was a great experience! The consultant that worked with me actually picked a dress I never would have picked myself and it was perfect! And she was so great working with me when I ordered it, even matching a lower price I found at another store. The alterations was where I was a little disappointed. Not because they did a bad job on the actual alterations - they actually did terrific! I lost 30 lbs after I bought my dress and she was able to take it in so well you wouldn't have known it was falling off before. My issue was more that once I bought the dress, the service wasn't so great. I eventually called because I thought my dress should be there at that point, and they said it had been there for a month already. Supposedly someone called me but I never got a missed call or voicemail and after a month, nobody cared to try again. I had to call. Also, when scheduling a time to come in for alterations, they were not flexible AT ALL. I work during the day and the weekends are best for me, but they want to save the weekends for those buying dresses, not those who have already bought one. I understand that they want to give good service to those they are trying to convince to buy a dress, but I already spent a lot of money and should be able to come in at a convenient time and get good service and not feel like they are shuffling me out of the way because I am no longer a valued customer once they've already gotten my business. Instead I had to rearrange my work schedule. Not great.

Sent on 05/04/2010
  • Destiny_Williams

Destiny · Married on 05/02/2014

3.5

I bought my dress here, it was the 3rd I tried on and a done deal. So affordable omg!! I loved my dress, wasn't too happy to spend so much on my alterations but It was so worth it, Janet altered the dress perfectly. My groom got his tux and groomsman tuxes here and O'shane was very helpful.

Sent on 05/13/2014

3.0

Working with Patricia South's has been wonderful. They have been so helpful and patient with me, even though it took me 3 visits back to the store to decide on my dress. I also purchased my attendant's dresses through them. I will say that attire was one of the areas we went over budget, so Patricia's is not in the inexpensive category. The one negative thing I will say about my experience there is that they are always looking for the upsell, but that's just retail in general. Otherwise, I would recommend Patricia South's to South Florida Brides looking for a wide selection of gorgeous dresses!

Sent on 03/27/2013

Nicole · Married on 10/02/2010

I've shopped at so many bridal boutiques in South Florida and was so disappointed with the customer service and how we were treated until we stopped at Patricia South's Bridal. My bridal consultant Deb made me feel like a princess! The whole staff was very friendly and helpful! My mom and I thought we would never have that perfect bridal experience that you always dream of but everyone at Patricia South's made sure that was exactly the experience we got!!!!! We found the PERFECT gown our first visit and also found dresses for my bridesmaids and my mom! Their seamstresses were so amazing and made my gown fit like a glove =-) I recommend that every bride buy their gown from Patricia South's Bridal!!!

Sent on 11/09/2010

4.2

I had a WONDERFUL first experience at Patricia's. It's an adorable boutique with dresses that are very reasonably priced, but excellent quality. I loved my bridal consultant.
    Unfortunately, midway through my planning process she left and nobody from Patricia's communicated that with me. While everything seems to be working itself out now, I do wish I would have been contacted first, rather than having to investigate and request a new bridal assistant myself.
    With that being said I DO recommend Patricia's to a bride looking for a beautiful dress and an intimate experience.

Sent on 12/18/2015
  • User3209503 · 2+ years ago

4.2

Got a beautiful wedding dress from them. I also got my bridesmaids dresses from them, but they were on the expensive side and charged bridesmaids even more to ship the dress to them if they lived out of state. Tuxes were great and had a good price.

Sent on 07/02/2014
  • User3620991 · 2+ years ago

4.2

Lizette was my bridal consultant. I randomly went in the bridal shop not really knowing what i wanted just that i needed something that would go with my Grammas necklace. Lizette nailed it on the head and picked out the perfect dress for me. I put my dress on every month on the 9th for fun. Love It!!

Sent on 10/21/2013

4.2

I would highly recomend going going to Patricia South's Bridal to find the perfect dress for your wedding.

Sent on 09/04/2013

3.0

Got my wedding dress and veil here. Debra was my consultant and she helped me pick out my dress and was my favorite person to work with. I had a hard time with the people in the alterations due to language barriers. They did a great job changing my zipper to a corset in the back of the dress. Only complaint was that once they made that change, the dress didn't fit my chest area as well and I couldn't get everything taped down to where it was comfortable so I was checking myself at the wedding often. Overall the dress was amazing and they are very helpful. Debra helped me when I had a meltdown from problems with the dress and me, and she calmed me down. It was hard because I didn't live in the area so I only tried on my dress a few times and it was difficult to make an appointment. Great place! Lots of great dresses. :)

Sent on 12/10/2014

Danyelle · Married on 03/07/2009

3.0

I purchased my wedding gown and veil from Patricia's. The staff for the women's section is very helpful and I would highly recommend them for this. Although, to hem my dress in one section was $100 and my bustle was $100, which they did my bustle inside out and I did not discover this until the day of my wedding. No one explained the bustle to me when I picked my dress up and they gave me a hard time when I requested a refund. We also used the men's section for the tuxedos and I would highly recommend going somewhere else. They messed up all the sizes and it was a huge headache for us and our bridal party.

Sent on 03/31/2009

3.5

I bought my wedding dress here which I loved and I received a lot of compliments on the day of my wedding. The value was great as well for both my dress and for the suits as well. Unfortunately I did have some issues throughout the process but the manager ask that I work directly with her going forward which helped. I just felt at times that when you entered they didn't have enough staff available because you have to wait a while in the front to get assistance. The alterations were done great but a little pricey. Overall I think the value is high but there just seems to be lack of workers maybe during the weekend to assist all the people that come in.

Sent on 11/18/2012
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 04/08/2011

Deborah was my bridal consultant when I went to try on dresses there. She was very friendly and helpful. I ended up purchasing my bridal dress, veil, alterations, bridemaids dresses and tuxedos through Patricia South's. The guys in the tux shop are great and very personable. They shipped the bridesmaids dresses directly to my girls, as they were all from out of state. I did not need any alterations, just a design change to the neck line of my dress and a bustle. The price of alterations was half of what I had budgeted for, which was great! The ladies in the alterations department were so kind and did a great job. I have no complaints and had a great experience. Side note: they are every busy on Saturdays and it can get crazy in there. I would recommend making a week day appointment if you want to try on dresses. It was very quiet there when I went on a Wednesday afternoon. I was the only one trying on dresses, so it was private and a peaceful experience. The dresses there are affordable too!

Sent on 05/03/2011

Sandra · Married on 03/20/2011

3.5

I love my dress. It is true what they say, when you try on the wedding dress and it is the one, you just know it. Everyone loved my gown as much as me. It made me feel like a true queen. I love my gown. I wish my wedding day would not have gone so fast. I didn't want to take it off. Thanks Sandra and Sean.

Sent on 03/27/2011

3.0

It has an old school feel that makes you feel welcomed. Wish they would upgrade their lighting inside though. It was always hard to really see anything you tried on in good lighting.

Sent on 04/08/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/10/2014

3.8
      0.0

I've gone to five different places before finally my co worker suggested it. I found "the one" here, so of course I have to give them 5 stars! But not just because of that. The customer service was great and Judy, who helped me through the entire process, was very helpful and attentive. She never neglected my wants and needs.

Sent on 06/07/2014
  • Y

Yamiris · Married on 06/21/2016

3.6
      1.0

I really loved my dress and Lisa my consultant was absolutely great. She was easy to work with and her bubbly personality is what a bride needs to keep her uplifted when unsure.

So why the rating. It all comes with hidden costs. They make it seem everything can be done but do not disclose charges upfront. Alterations for my dress was $600 plus tax which was disappointing to know and happened after I received dress and had in on with pins already on it. I felt helpless and left with no options. If I would've known that prior, I probably wouldn't have gotten my dress there. Just disappointing. They need to be more upfront and provide full disclosures to the brides.

Sent on 07/08/2016

Sonia · Married on 06/27/2015

3.6
      2.5
      3.5

Since last time I was there, my bridesmaids have had a bit of difficulty time with the staff at the shop. The attendants were rude and the service inflexible as they were not able to accommodate the girls needs. Two of my bridesmaids (of four) ended up having alterations done somewhere else.
    A good word of advise for the staff at the shop, "be kind and have manners when attending customers, after all , the customers are your bread and butter and should be treated with up most respect".
    No complaints about the time when we went to try to dresses. We purchase over 1000.00 worth. And everyone was nice. However, the bad service came after we had already purchased the dresses.
    Leads me to be believe that they only care about getting the business in but do not do a very good job at keeping the the same experience through the alterations process.
    As a bride I am disappointed and embarrassed I had asked my out of town bridesmaids to used their services.
    I'm a fair person , i am also a business woman, thus I expect a lot from a business when I read good reviews. Unfortunately, I am disappointed and have to take back the initial good reviews I gave when we first bought all the dresses.

Sent on 02/09/2015