17 Reviews for Patina Bridal and Formal Wear

3.6

My experience finding my wedding dress here was amazing. In high school, I always went there to get my prom dresses so I knew they would be the perfect location to get my wedding dress. Upon arrival, I was assigned an employee that asked me questions about what dresses I was interested in and then helped me find my dress from there. My dress was the 2nd one I tried on thanks to her attentiveness to what I wanted! She was extremely helpful. Later that day, I had another dress appointment in the area and their service was no where near as great as Patina's. Later that day, I called and asked if I could come try on my dress one more time to make sure it was the one and they were extremely flexible and let me come in right before they closed. They had a huge selection and you can tell they are so happy to have your business! Will definitely be going to get my bridesmaid dresses there as well!

Profile Picture User4489296, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
0.5

I had a horrible experience with this company. I would not recommend shopping at Patina ESPECIALLY for a wedding. They ordered a dress for me that was 3 to 4 sizes too big. Keep in mind that they measured me and told me what size I would need. It is very convenient that they also do not offer any alterations. I paid them $200 for a dress and then had to pay an additional $70 for rush alterations. I asked they they help with the alteration costs or give me a partial refund on the dress and they refused. Then they said that per myself I requested that dress size. What a dishonest company.

Profile Picture Susan , 7/25/15, 1 Review
1.0

I don't even want to give this place a 1 star. Worst customer service I have ever experienced. Do not recommend this place to anyone.

Profile Picture Betsy, 7/11/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Found the perfect bridal gown here! The girls are great to work with!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 4/25/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Michele at Patina (as well as everyone else there) was so easy to work with! She listened to what I was looking for and the price range I was looking for... I was worried I wouldn't have that teary eyed moment, but the cathedral veil she recommended for my dress pulled out the water works! I couldn't have asked for anything better! The best part, they have great prices!!!

Profile Picture JoBeth, 10/11/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Patina was my last stop when searching for my dress. I shopped at David's Bridal and Amrhein's prior to Patina, and found a few nice options but not... dun dun dun... "the one". I arrived at Patina and immediately saw 4-5 dresses that were a complete toss-up. They were all amazing! After visiting the store a couple more times with various guests, I finally landed on a beautiful Allure gown. It was everything I was looking for and I absolutely loved it (and so did everyone else)! Everyone at Patina was very helpful and made the process very easy and worry-free. The dress was ordered according to schedule and it arrived on time!

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/4/14, 3 Reviews
0.5

I recently ordered my bridesmaid dresses from Patina-Greensboro and let's just say it was a disaster. Long story short I received my dresses 5 days before my wedding, two weeks after the promised date of delivery. No bride or bridal party should ever have to go through an experience like we had, it was awful and unprofessional.

Profile Picture User3260972, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

My wedding is going to be in Canada since that is where my fiancee and I will be living. So since I am moving and will be doing a lot of wedding planning over the internet with my family this was my last chance to try on dresses with my Mother, Younger sister, Aunt and Maid of Honor.
From the minute I walked into the door I felt important and that I mattered to the staff. I wasn't just "another appointment" for the day. Every hoop I had my consultant Michele jumped through. They were kind an enthusiastic and I genuinely felt that they were just as excited about my moment and my wedding as I was. There is a very small selection of places where you can shop for wedding dresses here in Roanoke, and based off of my experiences in the one other well known bridal salon in Roanoke, there is no other place I would recommend to someone other than Patina's. They go above and beyond to take care of you and have your best interest in mind.
They have a big selection of different styles and I found my wedding dress there. It's gorgeous and it made my Mother cry!
Thank you Patina's! You guys are SO amazing!

Profile Picture Madylon, 7/29/14, 1 Review
0.6

Five weeks before my wedding, there was a issue with the manufacturer for a dress I ordered for my wedding; The owner was hateful and refused to contact the manufacturer to see if the conflict could be resolved. This business had received full payment for everything (over $2000), and since they got their money, they didn't care. The owner looked me in the eye and said "I don't have to help you".

Profile Picture New User, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
0.6

Wedding: [Private]
Services Used: Dress & Attire

Profile Picture User4076937, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Patina's at Keagy Village in Roaonke Virginia was GREAT! Our sales person, Michele was FABULOUS! I would highly reccommend that anyone patronize this shop! Better service, quality, attention to detal and overall atmosphere than the Amreihns in town!

Profile Picture RoxAnne, 5/3/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Great place! Purchased my bridesmaid dresses here. They were very helpful and prices were cheaper here than two other places.

Profile Picture Helen, 10/6/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My dream dress was found here, they allowed me to purchase floor sample for an amazing discount. Lovely to work with.

Profile Picture Valery, 10/4/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Their staff was helpful when I came to try on dresses. My order came in correctly, and several weeks ahead of schedule.

Profile Picture Alaina, 9/28/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My experience at Patina was perfect! After being ignored during an "appointment" at David's Bridal and then fussed over at a small town boutique; Patina was the exact atmosphere I was looking for. They were helpful but did not try to control the appointment and they were super friendly. I also think they have the best selection of gowns around if you're looking for a truly spectacular designer gown.

Profile Picture Joanna, 9/14/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I absolutley adore the staff at Patina. They were incredibly supportive through the entire dress buying and fitting process. They know their dresses and they know how to fit dresses as well as being very personable. You immediately feel welcomed and valued when you step through the doors. I have recommended my consultant, Michele and the entire staff at Patina for any formal attire needs.

Profile Picture Stacy, 7/21/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I went to a couple stores in the area to try and find my wedding dress. I even had some cut outs of ones that I liked. However, whenever I went to actually try on the dress, it just didn't look right. I went to Patina's and I was trying on a dress, when one of the assistants came over and said, "Honey, I know just the dress for you." I was a bit skeptical, but then a few minutes later the assistant came over with this big cupcake dress. I was still a bit skeptical. Anyway, I put it on, and I looked in the mirror, and it was the right dress. I never would have picked it out otherwise. After that they were very good about helping me get everything else I needed- a speical order viel, low and wide satin heels, and alterations. I was very happy.

Profile Picture Laurian, 7/15/06, 5 Reviews