Pastries by Design Reviews

125 | Bradenton, FL

125 Reviews for Pastries by Design

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 06/08/2013

Our cake was one of a kind and delicious!! They took our idea and made it possible!! We had so many comments on our cake and how unique it was, and still elegant for a wedding!!!

Sent on 06/18/2013

Anne · Married on 06/01/2013

I almost fell over when I saw my wedding cake at the reception. It was the most beautiful, artistic cake I've ever seen in my life. She also made the grooms cake, a replica of our pug, and it was beyond my expectations. The only thing better than the appearance was the taste!!

Sent on 06/03/2013

Sara · Married on 06/01/2013

My wedding was this past Saturday on June 1st 2013, and I have to say when I seen my cake at my reception I was just blown away at how beautiful it was! I didn't even want to cut/eat it because it was so amazing, but when I did bite into for the first time I was just so amazed, so moist, absolutely, so good! My husband is not much of a sweets person but I must say even he was impressed. We ordered the chocolate mocha cake and when we come back to visit the area we know where we are going for cake! Awesome Business!!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Natalie · Married on 05/04/2013

The most amazing job ever!! Delicious and one of a kind

Sent on 05/07/2013

It was a pleasure doing business with Pastries by Design. We met with the owner for the tasting, and she did a great job helping us decide on our cake. As soon as we met with her, we decided to go with their company because of her organization, friendliness and delicious cakes! We were beyond happy with our cake, as it was exactly what we expected and tasted great!

Sent on 03/20/2013

Heidi · Married on 03/02/2013

Pastries by Design came highly recommended to me. Not only were they the most passionate about their work, their cake beat out all others in the area in taste, price, style, and professionalism. I didn't think twice about my cake until I was eating it on my wedding day, and the only reason I thought about it twice then was because I had to get a second piece it was so tasty. It showed up looking perfect, tasting amazing, and never once did I worry about whether or not they would do a good job. There are plenty of difficult decisions to make when planning a wedding - don't make this one of them :) Pick Pastries by Design, you won't regret it!

Sent on 05/01/2013
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 02/23/2013

Lyndsy is fantastic!!!!! My cake was everything that I envisioned and more. Lyndsy is very responsive and professional. My cake was not only beautiful it was delicious!! I had originally planned to do a fresh flower topper with my florist but my florist situation became a train wreck right before my eyes. I called Lyndsy to let her know that it was less than 24 hrs before my wedding and I still didnt have a cake topper. I owe it to Lyndsy for creating my cake topper the DAY BEFORE the wedding and it looked better than the florist probably couldve done! After other things in my wedding messed up, even my husband even said "Well atleast the cake went exactly as planned". I mean if a guy takes notice to the cake, then you know you have a good vendor! If you want the wedding cake of your dreams, Pastries by Design is where you need to go! THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 03/01/2013

Anita · Married on 02/09/2013

Our cake was stunning and more importantly, it was delicious. Lyndsy McDonald, the owner, baker and decorator, is professional and easy to work with. She responds to her customers quickly. If you know what you want, she is ready to make it. If you are like we were, clueless, then she will kindly and thoroughly walk through multiple cake shapes, colors, designs, sizes, etc until you feel comfortable with the cake you choose. I cannot eat gluten, and she made one of our tiers gluten free so I could enjoy some of my own wedding cake -- it was delicious and I could not even tell it was gluten free! The price of our cake was incredibly reasonable, and I actually went in expecting it to be more. Lyndsy makes beautiful works of art that taste absolutely incredible. She is easy to work with, professional and responsible. I would recommend Pastries by Design to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 02/23/2013

Danielle · Married on 01/12/2013

Pastries by Design was awesome! Lyndsy knew exactly what we wanted during our consultation and created an amazing design for our wedding cake. All the cakes we tasted were delicious but we finally settled on the chocolate peanut butter as our primary flavor. To this day, guests are raving about how yummy it was! Our cake was more than enough to feed our fifty guests and we had a lot left over too. Pricing was very reasonable- actually the most reasonable in the area.

Sent on 04/18/2013
  • Tory

Tory · Married on 12/01/2012

Best tasting cakes in the Bradenton/Sarasota area! Lyndsy and her team are so awesome and accomodating! When we went for our cake tasting Lyndsy asked our vision for our cake and we just described to her what we liked and she sat there and drew us a picture, and this is while we are tasting these amazing cakes and frostings that she has to offer! She does this all before you even sign a contract with them! They answer any questions you have, you can even bring a picture of your wedding dress and she can incorporate the design into your cake! What I also liked about them was that they do not like to overbook how many wedding cakes they do in a weekend so that they can make sure everything is perfect for each cake!

Sent on 12/29/2012

Lia · Married on 11/10/2012

Lyndsay did a fantastic job. The cake tasting was by far one of our favorite planning activities. Everything was delicious. I sent her pictures of my dress and the girld bridesmaid dresses and she airbrushed the patterns on the cake. It was a great way to bring everything together. It looked beautiful and tasted great too!

Sent on 11/18/2012

Brigitte · Married on 10/26/2012

If you not only want a BEAUTIFUL cake but one that tastes FANTASTIC you have to call Lindsey at Pastries by Design! At our first meeting she captured the vision and actually drew what the cake would look like. The day of the wedding she brought it to life! It was BEAUTIFUL! We not only had her do the wedding cake but the grooms cake and we ordered 9 dozen assorted cup cakes. They were so DELICIOUS that we had no cupcakes left by the end of the evening and most of the wedding cake was also consumed! Thank you Lindsey!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Megan · Married on 10/26/2012

Delicious and beautifully designed!

Lyndsy and her team are incredible and we highly recommend their services. Taste-testing cakes has to be the best part of wedding planning, but we never dreamed it could be as delightful as it was at Pastries by Design. We've eaten plenty of cake in our lifetimes, so that is saying a lot! :)

The team was incredibly accommodating as we visited from Ohio to nail down all of our details. We had communicated with a few different bakers beforehand, and simply corresponding with Lyndsy made us inclined to go with Pastries by Design. One taste of her cakes and we were hooked.

Lyndsy was amazing throughout the whole process. We wanted a few different flavors of cake and had a particular vision. She was incredibly flexible and encouraging about whatever made us happy. When I contacted her a month or so before the wedding about making a groom's cake (and a complicated one at that) she was so excited to make whatever I thought my husband would like.

All of the cakes turned out both beautiful and delicious!!! Guests raved about the taste and the design. Lyndsy somehow piped the lyrics to our first dance song onto our tiered cake, matched one of the other cakes to the paisley on the groom's tie, and designed the others each with incredible detail and creativity. For the groom's cake she created a sports-themed cake with Fenway Park, UK basketball, Bengals football, and Bruins hockey... sounds crazy?? She made it crazy awesome! And man did the groom love it!!

We absolutely recommend their services -- you will not find a larger selection of flavors, each one more delicious than the next! We cannot wait to dig into our top tier during our one year anniversary :)

Thank you Lyndsy and team!!!

Sent on 06/08/2013

Lyndsey is amazing! She helped us create not only a beautiful cake but a amazing dessert bar full of custom desserts! Everything was delicious!

Sent on 11/16/2012

Love, Love!!!! Our wedding cake was beautiful and taste very good!! The customer services was great!! I would tell anyone to please have you wedding cake made by this company. Our guest loved how good the cake tasted and the beautiful presentation.

Sent on 11/07/2012

Bethany · Married on 10/03/2012

My mom took care of the cake for our small beach wedding reception. The cake was very affordable and they even delivered the cake to our venue location for dinner. I was so pleased with how beautiful the cake looked and how much cake there was for the price! Everyone raved about the taste! I couldn't have been happier with it. Thank you!!

Sent on 10/23/2012

Their cakes not only taste amazing, they also look amazing! I didn't know exactly what I wanted for my wedding cake so I gave them several ideas & photos & let them work their magic! It was fun to see our beautiful cake without really knowing what the finished product was going to look like.

Sent on 11/20/2012

Danielle · Married on 07/21/2012

My cake was beautiful. I had a vision, which included elements from 6 other cakes I saw online, and Pastries by Design was able to make the cake exactly the way I wanted it. They were also able to make a special cake for my daughter who has numerous allergies. I would highly recommend Pastries by Design!!

Sent on 07/31/2012

Kelly · Married on 06/09/2012

We chose Pastries by Design to make our wedding cake. We were blown away by how beautiful our wedding cake was!!! From the moment we met with Lyndsy we knew that she had a talent for making cakes. She was very friendly and she drew out a sketch of my dream wedding cake just from me telling her what I envisioned. Not to mention the cake was DELICIOUS!! I had so many guests raving about our wedding cake! I will be using pastries by design for future occasions in my life and I recommend pastries by design to every bride!

Sent on 07/09/2012
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 06/08/2012

We ordered our cake from Lyndsy and Co. for our June Wedding in Longboat Key. We requested a Key Lime Cheesecake- our favorite -even after other bakers had told us that there was NO WAY. I sent her a picture of my flowers and a few cakes that caught my eye. I could not believe what was sitting on the table at the reception. It seriously took my breath away! Sounds silly, but seriously, it was fabulous! And then... we cut the cake. Oh, dear Lord. It was in fact the best Key Lime Cheescake that we, or our guests had ever had! Our guests are still talking about that bad boy! The cheesecake was 3 layers tall, with a fabulous fondant icing-it was perfect, not hard or chewy like others I have had. And then she covered it with hundreds of little pearls, and the most beautiful sugar orchids, roses and calla lillies; they had a little shimmer which was FABULOUS. We can't thank you enough Lyndsy and Co.! For the record, We tried to call a few times to thank you personally. I sure hope you see this- YOU ALL TOTALLY ROCK! I wish I could upload a picture. -C and R...

Sent on 06/22/2012

Megan · Married on 06/01/2012

Pastries by Design bakes probably the most delicious cake I've ever tasted and after our June 2012 wedding, our guests continued to rave about how gorgeous the cake was, and how delicious too! At most weddings I've been to, the cake is always a letdown, and since my husband and I both have sweet tooths, we knew a delicious cake was a priority. We are so happy with our decision to use Pastries by Design... they were so professional and they really delivered!

Sent on 08/24/2012

Melissa · Married on 05/25/2012

My cake for my wedding was the best cake I ever ate. I had my bottom layer as cheese cake. It was wonderful. It makes my mouth water just writing this review. I am not easily please with cakes for decorating or taste as my mom throughout childhood had her own cake decorating business and I was her biggest critic. For my destination wedding my mom could not make my cake, but Pastries by Design exceeded all my expectations in design and flavor.

Sent on 06/05/2012

Stacey · Married on 05/19/2012

Pastries by Design put my cupcakes together at the last minute as my original cake person backed out. It all worked out better using Pastries by Design as all of the guests raved about how delicious the cupcakes were. I definitely would recommend them to anyone who is looking for delicious cupcakes or cakes for any occasion. Their prices are competitive and the quality far exceeds what is expected. Thank you so much for pulling together my order at the last minute.

Sent on 07/03/2012
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 04/14/2012

Our cake was amazing!! Lyndsy was so helpful with us on ordering our cake. We were a destination wedding, so I didn't get to meet in person for a cake tasting. She was quick with communication and extremely affordable! Other bakeries in the area wanted a lot more for a lot less. Others were even rude when I told them what Pastries by Design was quoting me for the cost of the cake. We sent her a picture of what we were looking for, and our cake looked EXACTLY how we wanted. And it was delicious! Everyone at our reception said it was by far the best cake they have ever had. That even included my sister-in-law who just got married herself not too long ago! :)

Sent on 08/29/2012

Ashley · Married on 03/31/2012

Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful! Five tiers and so elegant looking. It looked exactly how we wanted it to. It was two flavors on the inside. Every other layer was vanilla/raspberry and peanut butter/chocolate. Lyndsay is wonderful! She also did the grooms cake. Both cakes were delicious!

Sent on 04/15/2012