Pastries by Design Reviews

125 | Bradenton, FL

125 Reviews for Pastries by Design

The cake was AMAZING!!! Never expected the cake to be such a hit- but it is all people are talking about!!!! Thanks Pastries by Design!!

Sent on 04/25/2015

Pastries by Design's reply:

Thank you so much for your comment :-) Congratulations!!

Charissa · Married on 04/11/2015

Our wedding cake was amazing. The cake was beautiful! We had the red velvet and also the key lime. They were both phenomenal. The guests told me they loved the key lime. Thank you for making our wedding cake fabulous!

Sent on 04/22/2015

Pastries by Design's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind comment, It was an honor to make your cake. Congratulations and Best wishes.
    Pastries by Design.

Brandi · Married on 02/21/2015

Thank you so much for a amazing wedding cake and the taste was so moist and rich.

Fultz wedding. 2-21-15

Sent on 03/01/2015

The cupcakes were delicious! Everyone raved about our cake toppers also, the sugar work was beautiful.

Sent on 01/12/2015
  • Future-Mrs.Smith

Brittany · Married on 12/07/2014

Our wedding cake and cupcakes were beautiful and delicious! Everyone loved them! Pastries by design can make any cake vision come to life!!

Sent on 12/15/2014
  • Ali

Ali · Married on 11/16/2014

Everything from Pastries by Design was amazing!

We loved our wedding cake and the grooms cake was so so cool looking! Fortunately, by word of mouth, we found pastries by design early in our wedding planning. I was looking for someone that could do a fully gluten free cake without it tasting dry, grainy, or like cardboard. My florist recommended them, and after the cake tasting, we were blown away by the flavors and the good consistency of GF cake! We had an outdoor wedding and she was really good about warning us that the buttercream frosting (we did not want fondant at all) could potentially melt or the cake could do funny things, but thankfully none of that happened and the integrity and beauty of the cakes remained the entire night until we ate it.

Sandy is awesome to work with and the cakes were so beautiful. I showed her a couple of photos i wanted her to combine for our main wedding cake (hexagon shaped 3 tirer mint and white with edible gold flecks) and she nailed it. I also looked through a couple of her photos and she came up with some ideas for my husbands grooms cake- UF, football, gold and landscape all came together in a super cool cake that she designed. And the flavors-- for the big cake we had carrot with chocolate ganache, dulce de leche, and lemon with lemon curd. For the grooms cake we had death by chocolate-- holy cow!! SO good!! We had so many compliments on how good the cake was..... my husband now sometimes purposely swings by that are of LWR to pick up a cupcake or two. :)

Thanks Sandi for an amazing experience with your company and for the delicious memories!

Sent on 12/10/2014

Jennifer · Married on 11/15/2014

I had my wedding cake and groom's cake made by this bakery and the groom's cake was basically a cake sculpture- all you have to do is look at their gallery to see that they make pieces of art, not just cakes. No only were they beautiful, they were so delicious that there was almost nothing left to take home!!

Sent on 02/15/2015

Jk · Married on 11/08/2014

Sandi made the most delicious and beautiful wedding cake for my wedding. It was absolutely perfect. It looked exactly like I had envisoned. She was a pleasure and so personable to work with. I highly recommed using Sandi if you are considering getting married.

Sent on 11/20/2014

Flavors and design were fantastic!

Sent on 10/12/2014

Patricia · Married on 06/14/2014

Fortunately, by word of mouth, we found pastries by design. My daughter the bride, lives in Illinois and me being a new resident of Florida was tasked to find a bakery. We were blown away with the "tasting" experience. But we felt we owed it to ourselves to check other vendors......well needless to say, after the second baker, it was a no brainer....we went back to pastries by design. Sandy is awesome to work with, her ideas are great and the cake was so beautiful. The cake flavors were chocolate, lemon and carrot. We had so many compliments on how good the cake was......don't waste your time, go directly to pastries by design you will love them....ps my husband get cupcakes every now and then and enjoy those and the cookies as well.

Sent on 08/25/2014

Heather · Married on 05/20/2014

Pastries by Design did everything I had asked for, for our wedding cake. It looked beautiful. There attention to detail and skill is amazing. Instead of a grooms cake, I surprised my husband with a mini sculpture of our beloved dog on the back of our cake. He looked exactly like our dog and my husband loved it. The cake tastes amazing as well, which is always important. The staff had great communication, which was awesome since we were planning a destination wedding and could not meet with anyone in person prior to the wedding. You can't go wrong with Pastries by Design.

Sent on 08/11/2014

A friend of mine recommended Pastries by Design to do our wedding cake for our wedding 05/17/14. My fiance and I went there and tasted their cupcakes and decided right then and there we wanted them to do our wedding cake.Everybody at our wedding just raved about our wedding cake.How absolutely DELICIOUS it was!!!! That they never had one like it!! It was orange grand marinier ,Soooo Goood!! Thanks for making our wedding cake a memorable one, our top layer is tooo good to leave for our 1st anniversary!!

Sent on 06/08/2014

Beautiful cake and super tasty! Couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 05/19/2014

We were so happy with our wedding cake from Pastries By Design. Not only did it look exactly how we envisioned it, but it tasted AMAZING! We chose alternating layers of chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and carrot cake with buttercream frosting. Both were incredible and we had so many guests tell us it was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Leah · Married on 04/04/2014

Not only was the cake gorgeous, it tasted SO GOOD too!! They were awesome about letting me taste different flavors I was interested in and were so detailed helpful and patient during our appointment to design the wedding cake! The final product was nothing short of a masterpiece and the price was so reasonable for the quality of service we received! Thank you so much to all the staff at Pastries By Design!!

Sent on 04/27/2014

Bonnie · Married on 03/23/2014

From the tasting, to the left-over...Pastries By Design was the perfect choice for our Wedding Cake! They were so helpful with details and very prompt and communicative. The cake was absolutely beautiful and exactly what we envisioned! Best of all, it was DELICIOUS. Every layer was a different flavor and each of them were moist and tasty. Every bride should use them!

Sent on 03/30/2014

I could not have been happier with the cupcake tower and cake that Pastries by Design made for our wedding. It turned out even prettier than I imagined it would. Even though it was a relatively simple order, it was clear that Lindsey and her staff took special care with every detail and really cared about making sure we got what we wanted. Oh, and not to mention the fact that the cupcakes themselves tasted phenomenal. So delicious -- all the guests were raving about them! Everyone at the bakery was a delight to work with. I can't say enough good things! I'd definitely recommend Pastries by Design to others in the area; they really can't be beat in terms of taste, appearance, or customer service.

Sent on 01/08/2014

Christina · Married on 11/03/2013

I could not have been more pleased with my wedding cake from Pastries by Design. Because I was planning my wedding from a distance, I was not able to sample the cakes before the event date, but I was not disappointed. The cakes both tasted and looked AMAZING! I wanted a simple theme, and the staff at Pastries by Design made it classic. They were also timely and professional with delivery. I would definitely recommend this vendor for any special event in the Sarasota or Tampa area.

Sent on 11/18/2013

Cheryl · Married on 11/02/2013

Awesome experience from every aspect. Lindsey is a sweetheart with a lot of vision and a passion for what she does. The cake she did for my daughter's wedding was spectacular. The flavors we got to chose form were amazing. Everyone at the reception raved about the cake.

Awesome; highly recommend!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Alison · Married on 10/19/2013

Great initial tasting and consultation experience, although difficult to decide on favors because they were all so wonderful! I was able to combine elements I liked of various cakes from their portfolio and add elements of my own to achieve the look I was going for. After the sketch was done and I dropped off my topper, I didn't have to worry about a thing! My cake was delivered on time, topper in place and looked beautiful! A month after the wedding, I'm still getting compliments about how great it tasted. My mom also used Pastries by Design for my shower cupcakes which were amazing also! They have a huge variety of flavors and fillings and will customize anything you could ever want.

Sent on 11/23/2013

Blanca · Married on 10/12/2013

The design of the cake and finished product was simply stunning. I LOVED it!! Each different flavored layer was moist, fresh and delicious . The addition of the flower cascade was executed perfectly. We can't wait to dig into the top drunken monkey layer in a year :)

Sent on 10/26/2013

Caroline · Married on 09/28/2013

I'm not sure if I can put into words how my husband and I felt about our wedding cupcake tower. It was even more beautiful than we had imagined, it truly brought tears to my eyes. The craftsmanship and detail was unparalleled; Lyndsy's artistry is astounding - she drew our entire cake design right in front of us during our first meeting, taking into account every request we had. She even made us vegan soy-free cupcakes that were so divine non-vegans were grabbing them! Our guests raved about how moist the cakes were, and how light the frosting was. We highly recommend Lyndsy and her staff!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Meghann · Married on 09/28/2013

They were so open to whatever we wanted to do. We worked with Lindsay and she was great. She got the lillies on the cake absolutley perfect. And the words we wanted were coreect and even better they were spelled right. But the best part...the filling! We had strawberry shortcake with whipped cream cheese frosting. Absolutley fabulous. We also had two dozen cupcakes made for the staff of the restaurant were we had our dinner and they were loved!

Sent on 10/18/2013
  • I

Ian · Married on 08/17/2013

Our Cake came out exactly as we desribed it to Pastries by Design. It was Beautiful!
    We had 4 different flavors and they were delicious. Our guests are still talking about the cake.
    They were great to work with and would recommend them again.
    Also, check out their great cupcakes!!

Sent on 08/25/2013

Melissa · Married on 06/22/2013

Awesome cakes from this vendor. Beautiful work. Did our daughters wedding cake and shower cake. Love them.

Sent on 07/11/2013