Partytime DJ's Reviews

Partytime DJ's 3
Partytime DJ's 4
Partytime DJ's 5

Shannon · Married on 02/10/2018

Just got married over the weekend and Dave was our DJ. He was amazing and out did himself. People kept commenting on how this was the first wedding they have ever been to were the dance floor was full the whole time. He did awesome with the uplighting which we originally had not considered. People enjoyed the slideshow pictures of us and the dance videos that were played. We would recommend Partytime and Dave to anyone for any event. We could have asked for a better experience! We also rented Photo Booth from Partytime and it was a very nice well set-up photo booth. The person attending the photo booth was very professional and the props were awesome!

Sent on 02/12/2018

Meaghan · Married on 11/08/2014

TJ McKay was a fantastic DJ for our wedding. He kept all of our guests laughing, entertained, and dancing. You worry that there might be some lagging with a DJ or that it won't be as fun or interactive as having a band, but he was honestly the life of the party. Our wedding was three months ago and some of my co-workers are still talking about him!

Sent on 01/28/2015

Katrina · Married on 08/30/2014

The DJ we reserved through PartyTime was Jason (Jay). He did such a fantastic job. Our wedding reception was full of 20-somethings and a hand full of older relatives and family friends and EVERYONE was dancing. Each time I or my groom left the dance room to grab a snack or drink and spent some time talking to people and peeked back in on the other room, it was still full of people having a good time. The music was great and Jay did a fantastic job at reading the crowd to keep everyone going. Only problem we had was during our ceremony--we had 2 officiants and they were both mic-ed, however we were later told our guests could only hear one of the officiants. A bummer, but not a huge problem in the grand scheme of things. Overall we had a great experience!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Partytime DJ's's reply:

Hi Katrina, I'm sorry one of the lapel mics was not being heard. I'll ask Jason about this. Sometimes the Officiant forgets to turn it on and there's nothing we can do about it once the Ceremony is taking place.

Jay Book did An amazing job DJing our wedding! Not only did he step in last minute do to other issues but he was such a great help that day! We ran way ahead of schedule so he bumped everything up for us and kept the wedding/party going. He got everyone on the dance floor with his choice of music and had no problems with the requests I had. I honestly don't think our reception would of gone as smooth as it did without Jay! I highly recommend Jay & Party Time.

Sent on 11/26/2013

Jessica · Married on 11/20/2010

Partytime DJ's is awesome and I would recommend them to anyone needing a great DJ. Mike Lockaby was the DJ for our wedding reception a few weeks ago. He is super nice and friendly, and very easy to get along with. We met with him the week of the wedding and went over song choices and how I wanted the evening to run. He had great suggestions for me when I didn't have a song choice picked out (ex-bridal party/bride and groom entrance, bouquet/garter toss, etc.). In some cases he even pulled a song up on his iPad so we could hear the song he was referring to for a suggestion. At the reception, Mike was full of fun and energy and really kept the party going. I had several comments afterward from guests about how great the DJ was! He really encouraged everyone to dance and there were people out on the dance floor that I would have never believed would get out and dance! Also, we did not have any kind of wedding planner or coordinator for the reception and Mike was great at running the reception and signaling me when it was about time to do the next thing (cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc...) Overall a great experience!! Thank you for making a wedding reception awesome!

Sent on 12/14/2010

Leigh · Married on 03/16/2013

Tony with Party Time DJs was amazing! He truly kept the party going, played all the right music and made everyone (especially myself and my husband!) enjoy the night! They also provided the photobooth which everyone enjoyed. They posted all the pictures online for all the guests to enjoy.

Sent on 03/26/2013
  • xfiftyfour

Meghan · Married on 08/06/2010

3.5

Dave made the party hop! Everyone had a blast - exactly what we wanted! We gave him few directions (the only songs we dictated were our first dance and the mother/son dance) and really let him put his expertise to work. He read the crowd perfectly and had everyone (even guests we never thought would!) up and dancing. I've gotten nothing but complements on his professionalism and performance - and have had several guests ask for his info! Also, if you're hesitant about the media package (I was) - DON'T BE. It was seriously one of the coolest aspects of our wedding and everyone loved seeing their pictures up on the screen. A serious neat factor!

One thing I will warn you about is that he can be a little hard to get ahold of/forgetful before the event.. I'm sure he's a busy man, but this can sometimes be frustrating as a bride-to-be.. but be patient - he's very reliable when it counts and he definitely won't disappoint. Thanks again, Dave! Honestly the most fun I've ever had!!

Sent on 08/19/2010

Partytime DJ's's reply:

Thanks Meghan and Matt! Yeah, just too many irons in the fire...I need to slow down a bit. Thanks for your reference.

Rebecca · Married on 12/31/2017

3.0

Dave with Partytime DJ's was absolutely amazing at our NYE wedding. There were people on the dance floor from the moment we ended our first dance to the very end of the night. The photobooth was also one of my favorite parts of the night, especially because we were handed a USB with all of the digital copies before we left! I also love having the book with everyone's pictures and well wishes. Dave went above an beyond to make our wedding an amazing new year's party, even surprising us with confetti cannons at midnight.

Sent on 01/08/2018

Partytime DJ's's reply:

Thanks Rebecca, it was the highlight to my year of DJing. What a great party! Sorry about the Times Square Live Stream freezing 20 seconds before Midnight...apparently lot's of other people thought that was a good idea also.

Elyssa · Married on 03/19/2016

3.5

We used Dave Gilbert (owner) with Partytime DJ's. You definitely cannot beat this group, especially for the price! Our guests' experience was one of our top priorities when planning our wedding and all of ours had a great time and danced all night! Dave was willing to customize the "party" to our liking with games, etc. to really make the celebration about us. We loved it! Check them out! They have many wonderful DJ's!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Whitney · Married on 11/14/2009

They have a great selection of music. The DJs were always upbeat at bridal shows and over the phone. They keep the party moving and love it if you have a themed event!

Sent on 12/01/2009

Leah · Married on 11/15/2009

DJ Dave did a great job, but I can't say that I felt his service was tailored more to meet my needs than it was a generic - meet everyone's needs. This wasn't a big issue, though. He was great, bringing me drinks whenever I couldn't make it to the bar, myself. The only real problem I had was that I'd specifically said that I didn't want a bridal party dance...and he did a bridal party dance. Oh well...overall, he was great!

Sent on 12/08/2009

Partytime DJ's's reply:

Don't want you to think I was trying to get the Bride Drunk. I've noticed the B/G never get a chance to get a refreshing drink right after the ceremony, so if I see this happening (I'm not doing a whole lot at this time) I bring them one. Sorry about the Bridal Party Dance. I would never have done this if it were on the planner. Somehow this was missed if you told me. Lastly.... Although I do take into account the specific needs of the B/G, I have to keep 200 people dancing at the event. It's hard to please everyone's musical needs. Party on! DJ Dave

Julie · Married on 07/03/2010

2.0

The guests loved him, and everyone danced all night. Dave was not showy at all and kept things moving. He abided by my “do not play list” and asked my permission during the night if a certain song was ok, which I thought that was nice. He certainly listened to me during the wedding and acted professional. However, he was horrible/impossible to get in touch with after we booked him--I’ll spare the details, but the end results was he used the wrong song list and played the wrong first dance, mother-son dance, group dance, and last dance. That was a bummer for me (still is), but the guests didn’t notice. Also, on the form I asked that he not play anything raunchy, and he played "Strokin" which is exactly what you think it's about. Would I book him again? Yes, probably. Do I recommend him? Yes. Four months later and after going to other weddings, my guests still talk about what a great DJ he was. He got the "flow."

Sent on 10/15/2010

Partytime DJ's's reply:

Wow, I'm glad I rocked the party, but this is the first time I've heard anythign about "playing the wrong first dances". I'm completely floored...this is a huge blunder, and quite frankly, it's almost impossible...we keep a Planning Form with dates, locations, names prominently on top. I honestly don't see how it's possible. Yes, I'm sometimes hard to reach...I'm correcting this...getting some secretarial help.
  • I

Jennifer · Married on 08/11/2007

3.5

I had a bit of a hard time contacting PartyTime to book them, but after that hassle was out of the way I was completely pleased with my decision! DJ Dave was so fun and really added a special touch to the reception. When we wanted it calm and intimate he was there for us, and when we were ready to party he was raring to go!! The guests really liked him and the music he played. We were on the dance floor all night and I even saw some people I didn't expect breaking it down and letting loose! He really helped lead the reception events and kept it upbeat and fun. I would definately recommend Partytime to anyone looking for a wonderful and professional wedding DJ!!

Sent on 04/23/2008

Laura · Married on 06/17/2006

3.4
      2.5
      3.5

I knew I wanted to work with PartyTime and met Mike Lockaby (our DJ) at one of the local bridal fairs. I booked with him on the spot, but it was some time before I received a contract in the mail. When you try to contact PartyTime, it goes directly to the owner's voicemail and you have to wait for him to call you back.
    I met with Mike a week before the wedding to go over the playlist and details. Even though he was a half hour late, the meeting went well and he gave me lots of options and took his time with me. He agreed to come to our rehearsal since my sister-in-law would be singing to a cd he would be playing during our outdoor ceremony. However, he never showed at the rehearsal and didn't answer his cell phone.
    I was busy getting ready on our wedding day, but others told me that he arrived early and went over the solo with my sister-in-law prior to the ceremony. Music during the ceremony and reception was great. The only thing I didn't like is that he referred to my dancing with my brother as the father/daughter dance, even though I explained to him that it would be my brother, not my father.
    He was very intent on the music being what we wanted and made sure any crazy requests (conga line, etc) were approved by us before he would play them. That was appreciated.
    He went above and beyond, by matching his tux to our wedding colors and by doing a number on the floor where he sang the Grease theme song to my bridesmaids (they were in pink dresses and we called them my pink ladies).
    I would definitely recommend PartyTime and Mike, but be sure you have everything outlined in your contract, as well as reliable contact information for them.

Sent on 10/01/2008

Partytime DJ's's reply:

We apologize for sometimes being hard to "get in touch with". All of our DJ's have full time jobs during the week but when it comes to your event, I can assure you, we are 100 percent reliable. You will always have our cell phone numbers.
    Dave