PartyBox Reviews

42 | Oklahoma City, OK

42 Reviews for PartyBox

1 User photo

PartyBox 1

Chasen was fabulous!! The first time I met him we meshed well and he wanted to listen to my ideas, however since he has been in the business for awhile I loved getting to hear from him. He constantly reminded me that the event hasn't happened yet, and very flexible when I changed my mind. I loved getting to hear about the meaning behind the cake cutting which we see as a "tradition" however knowing the history really allowed me to cherish each moment. He was easy to get in touch with through text and email. He really knows how to engage the crowd by informing them what is about to happen which allowed them to trust him throughout the night. That was my biggest concern, but I didn't have to worry about anything. I also was concerned about what music to play with a mixed crowd, but he really knew how to read the crowd on the floor and everyone had a great time. My husband and I personally aren't big dancers, however we were on the dance floor most of the night having the time of our life!! I strongly recommend Chasen for your upcoming event!! You will not regret it!

Sent on 05/29/2013

PartyBox's reply:

Thank you for trusting me with your wedding reception. If this is who I think it is, YOU TWO ARE AWESOME PEOPLE! I can't wait to see what's in store for you as the chapters of your life are written.

H · Married on 05/10/2013

Chasen is amazing. He has the ability to fluidly deal with all issues, answer all questions, & just get it done smoothly & efficiently. He let me change portions of the reception without making me feel like a nut. He made our day easy & fun.

Sent on 05/20/2013

PartyBox's reply:

Thank you Mrs. F! Hope you enjoyed a much needed break in the Big Easy. And thank you for referring your friends to our photo booths. Hope I see you soon. All the best, CS

Virginia · Married on 02/02/2013

Soon to be brides, listen up!

We all know how difficult it can be choosing a DJ. That's why I'm taking the time to write a review for Chasen Shaw....he is absolutely nothing short of phenomenal. How great is he? His personal touch and care is so unique that we actually flew him out of Oklahoma to Hawaii for our wedding! Yes, you read that right--we outsourced our DJ, Chasen Shaw, instead of going with a local DJ...because he is that AMAZING!

From the moment you meet him to consult, from the beginning of the first dance, through the party on during the night, he will be on-point! He has years of experience, and takes the time to get to know you both, and what makes you "tick" so your day can be that much more special. He guided us through each special moment in our wedding, from speeches, to the cutting of the cake and the parents' dances. While not pushy, he can help lead the wedding along without missing a beat.

We've all heard the stories of inept DJs with low energy, little motivation and the general sense that they don't really "care". Don't take a chance on your friends cousin who has been doing this "for a while"....call Chasen and let him get to know you and what kind of special day you want! He's super friendly and really easy to work with!!! Plus, he played awesome music at our wedding! The party people wanted to keep it going but we literally had to start telling them to go home since the venue was closing!

Have a great day and good luck!

Sent on 07/02/2013
  • User3032024 · 2+ years ago

Chasen Shaw is an amazing person to work with. He is very professional yet personable, which made every meeting I had with him just absolutely perfect. Planning a wedding can be overwhelming and fun all at the same time. Chasen was there for my mother and I whenever we needed him. I would contact Chasen just for advice or to just vent and he always knew exactly what to say! He definitely understands the wedding business and is an absolute pro at what he does! To this day, our friends and family who helped celebrate our special day can't stop commenting on how wonderful and fun Chasen made our reception! Their won't be another reception like it, they say! He even surprised me with lighting at my reception, which almost made me cry! He knew what all I had gone through with my reception venue and that just really meant a lot to me that he would do that for me. I will always remember how he has impacted my life. He made my wedding reception the absolute best that it could be! I adore Chasen!!! He is by far the best, no exaggeration! Spend your money on a good DJ/entertainer and let that be Chasen Shaw! Thank you again for everything you did!

Sent on 01/31/2013

PartyBox's reply:

I don't have the words, Chelsae. Thank you doesn't seem like enough but THANK YOU! Looking forward to seeing your marriage (and family) grow through the years.

Kelli · Married on 11/24/2012

Chasen did an amazing job! I can't imagine having any wedding without him! He is professional, experienced, and very dedicated to making sure your wedding is exactly how you want it. He kept the event completely free of stress and kept everything flowing beautifully. He also read our guests desires and knew when to time everything so that they felt like they were at a celebration, not an awards ceremony. It was the greatest night of my life and I'm SO thankful that Chasen was a part of it! Look no further, Chasen is definitely the DJ you're looking for!

Sent on 05/20/2013

Emily · Married on 11/10/2012

After reading several reviews about Chasen, we met with him and hired him within the same week, no questions asked. We had no idea what type of quality we'd be sacrificing by hiring someone from another big box DJ company, and after hearing nightmares from other brides about their entertainment choice, we knew we had to have someone who would spend the time to get to know us and what we needed/liked/were passionate about. To me, there is none other than Chasen. He put in hours upon hours of work to make our day perfect, and never flinched when I had thousands of questions and needed advice & guidance. Our guests raved about him! He didn’t just show up and play music, he literally ran the entire ceremony and reception and made sure I was comfortable with every single thing happening. If I could give a bride ONE piece of advice: hire Chasen! He will make your day everything you want it to be.

Sent on 12/18/2012

PartyBox's reply:

LOVE! You and Tristan are spectacular people and I was honored to celebrate with you. Can't wait to help make HoH a huge success this year. Thanks for trusting me with your ceremony and reception. Lots of love.

Very professional and organized. Very fun and thoughtful. Chasen is someone who cares about the event and wants to make it the best that he possibly can.

Sent on 05/29/2013

Brooke · Married on 06/16/2012

Chasen was such a great addition to our wedding. My husband and I were so relieved that we didn't have to worry a bit about of reception because we knew we had the best in charge! He was so easy to work with and had lots of ideas for our special day. We were so blessed to have him as our entertainment! He is excellent and really loves watching a couple make all their dreams come true on that one special day. He loves love!

Sent on 06/14/2013

PartyBox's reply:

Thank you so much Brooke! I do love Love and I love that you two are crazy about each other. Hope I get to see you both soon.

Candice · Married on 06/09/2012

I had the privilege of working with Chasen almost 10 years ago planning sorority events. Throughout the years his business has flourished, which isn't surprising. His passion and dedication for what he does are extremely evident. He takes the time to get to know his clients on a personal level which, believe it or not, makes a HUGE difference at your wedding. He helped us on so many aspects of the wedding, and brought ideas to the table we never would've thought of. When I started booking my vendors, I honestly didn't "shop around" for other DJs because I knew I wouldn't be comparing apples to apples. Now, I was in a unique situation because I was familiar with his services, but it's important to know what you're getting in return for the cost. Sure, we also could've thrown together a playlist and done it the DIY way, but my iPod couldn't possibly have provided us with the personalization, stress relief, organization and entertainment that Chasen provided. And sure as heck couldn't have gotten all those people on the dance floor!

Sent on 08/24/2012

PartyBox's reply:

To this day, you are STILL my favorite social chair I've worked with. Carl is so blessed to have you. Of course, you didn't do so bad in selecting a husband either. Thank you for inviting me to your wedding ceremony and reception and for being such a great person, and friend.

Blake · Married on 03/17/2012

Chasen really took time to get to know us as a couple so he could provide a reception experience that perfectly matched our personality! He did many things that were "above and beyond" what any other DJ would do!

Sent on 06/04/2013

Ace · Married on 09/09/2011

Professional, Gives 101%. Caring and understanding. On-time. Does what is agreed. TOTALLY Great Experience.

Sent on 09/09/2011

Karina · Married on 06/19/2010

Brides you will love Chasen! He's enthusiastic, organized and really fun. He's the secret weapon to having guests talk about your awesome wedding for years. Seriously, there's no one better.

Sent on 10/16/2011

Samantha · Married on 09/05/2009

We love him. Cory and I met him at my best friend's wedding. He was awesome there. Then we met with him after that and realized he could help us with the ceremony, lighting, the photo booth and the reception music. We had no idea he would go further than that though. He listened, gave us as much time as we needed, helped with music ideas and also with timing and the ceremonies and the meaning of it all. He cares about helping us get more out of the entire day. It wouldn't have been the same without him. And he just sent us an anniversary card last week. I recommend him to everyone getting married. Samantha and Cory Miller - September 5th, 2009 - The Woodlands, TX

Patti · Married on 08/01/2009

I speak as the mother of two former brides. Chasen was so professional and helpful. He was also very organized and we knew we could depend on him. He had very good ideas, but never tried to push them on us. He gave us guidance and excellent advice. I did not worry about anything at either reception because I knew that Chasen would see that everything went smoothly and on time.

Nikki · Married on 06/04/2005

Chasen helps you through the entire wedding process, not just with the music. Your guests have a wonderful time dancing to his song choices and you have zero stress with what comes next during the reception. Extremely professional and works with you so that your wedding experience is never forgotten by everyone!

Sent on 09/08/2011

Chasen met and exceeded all expectations that I had for the services rendered. I selected Chasen based on the recommendation of family members whose weddings I had attended. He did a top notch job of many things other than playing the role of a dj. His coordination and scheduling was invaluable. My bride and I were able to focus on things that mattered and not on the formalities. Being able to do so allowed us to relax in the lead up to the wedding and on the day itself. This provided for a much more enjoyable and memorable time for my bride and me.

Sent on 12/03/2015

Donna · Married on 05/18/2013

Chasen/Party Box was great. He was flexaible with my changes to the day of schedule. I was very pleased with how everything went on the day of the wedding. Everything went smoothly and he did a great job of reading my crowrd.

Sent on 06/07/2013