Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

57 Reviews for Party Starters Wedding DJ Services

3.8
Liability Insurance (2)

We happily recommend Eric Schneible’s Wedding DJ Services! He made it fun! Guests danced, we danced and things moved as planned. Eric gives you so many options, we’d sometimes just ask him what he thinks. He didn’t bug us. He was only concerned about making out Wedding day priority #1! He’s passionate, honest and made sure planning was covered and had special music remixes we wanted. We were able to approve everything in advance and his online client area has it all. Eric, you made us very comfortable and helped our families bond! You had great price rate and worth every penny! Than you Eric! You’re the best!

Profile Picture Nickolaus, 4/14/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

ONLY PUT 5 Stars so they would post my review but he’s ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!! Do NOT hire him!!! I don’t even know where to start.... so guess from the first mess up... he started playing the song my bridesmaids and I were Suppose to walk out to when the moms where being walked out had to yell for him to stop!! Then there was the lighting he promised... yahhh there was about 1/3 of the lighting he claims he does... THE BIGGEST MESS UP... he COMPLETELY I MEAN COMPLETELY DESTROYED MY FATHER DAUGHTER DANCE... to the point my father n I STOPPED DANCING and just looked at him!!! The he tried to claim that’s why I wanted... ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! Then he was suppose to do the hat game ever time some clinked the glass I legit had to be like hello your suppose to be doing sumtin!!! Next was when he announced on the microphone it was time for my parents to cut their SURPRISE anniversary cake... mind you this was before my husband and I had even CUT OURS YET!! Then as they were cutting their cake he started to play the wedding song WHICH he was suppose to play for them to dance too... I had To say in the microphone for him to stop plying it til they came to dance!!! He also claims this great online play list he can have you make DONT BOTHER he still just plays what he wants... AFTER my wedding was OVER he got a phone call and tried to blame that on why he had done such a terrible job as he looked my mother in her face... not sure how that affect you for my entire wedding when you received the call when it was OVER... and sadly I had many guest say after words about how he looked like he was jawing alll night... so apparently he looked like he was on drugs... super professional besides he was in sweatpants!!! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!!!

Profile Picture Korey, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Eric at Party Starters is the best! Our first meeting was live. We went over all the details, set a vision for exactly what we wanted, and received access to the online portal. Eric customized our entrances exactly as we requested and when one of our first dance songs wasn't on the portal he tracked it down. Eric kept everyone on the dance floor and was exactly what we wanted in a DJ. We highly recommend!

Profile Picture Brooke , 9/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

(Also: Video Testimonial Link Below) I am beyond happy that I booked Party Starters to DJ my wedding. I received so many compliments from guests about how amazing our wedding DJ was. Eric was the perfect combination of professional and funny, which is exactly what we were looking for. You can certainly tell he has a lot of experience in the business - from his pre-planning platform and consultation, to his leadership and direction at the event - he made everything so easy and smooth. His planning tools were so helpful to get me organized, and he sat down one on one to discuss what we wanted and to offer a few suggestions (which were genius!). He organized everything exactly how I wanted it with very little direction! He even had his staff record photos and videos throughout the day! I cannot thank Eric enough for making my wedding day absolutely perfect! I would recommend Party Starters again and again! (Video testimonial: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3lMir2DN--6bk83b3JpVXRMNlU )

Profile Picture Bethany, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Liability Insurance

We got married September 2016 and had a great experience with Eric! We had meetings with him usually at Panera and sometimes he brought his young son…but his son is so well behaved and usually just sat next to him quietly playing games on his electronics. He has such great ideas that he offers to keep people entertained all night long. He worked well with all of our other vendors as well. Our family friend who made our cupcakes was setting up and said she struck up a conversation with him and thought he was wonderful! Our photographer said he worked with Eric before as well and told us we made a good choice with Eric. He is an expert and knows what songs will get everyone out on the dance floor! He is also easy to get a hold of either via email or text. We had no issues with Eric and recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture User4617197, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
0.5

We spoke to Eric (Party Starters DJ) in 02/2016 about our wedding on 8/27/2016, we had interviewed a lot of djs but Eric seemed to say all the right things and we decided to book with him. Per his policy we needed to give him a 50% down payment of $472.50 and pay the rest on the day of the wedding, which we sent out to him right away. After signing a contract over the internet (my fiancé and I live in New Hampshire) I found multiple negative reviews about Eric and began to get worried. We set up to meet with him in New York on April 10th where I had planned to ask him about these reviews. When the day came we waited for an hour and a half for him to show up. He “mixed up” our meeting location and “forgot” both his work and personal cell phones in his gym locker. He promised up and down to make our day perfect and that we had nothing to worry about, gave us a website with a packet to fill out and sent us on our way.Finally in June we had finished our packet, chosen our songs and I began trying to contact Eric since I had to go to Syracuse the weekend of 07/08/16 for my bridal shower. For 3 weeks I tried to contact him (we hadn’t heard a single word from him since April) I called and texted his work and personal cell phones, sent him a message and meeting request on his online planning website, and emailed him. The only response I got was to my email, an automatic reply saying he was on vacation and would answer emails when he returned. After leaving multiple messages that we needed to talk to him and figure something out he sent me a text saying he has been on vacation and very sick but would contact me when he was feeling better. . My Dad got him on the phone on July 8th, told him we no longer need his services and would like our money back. He then told my dad he didn’t have the money to refund us as he didn’t escrow our deposit (as required of him) but could get it to us by 07/22/2016. It is now 07/31 and still no refund and Eric will no longer answer any calls.

Profile Picture Jenn, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

This is Eric. I run Party Starters DJs. (not Party Starters Tampa, a great DJ service in Tampa Florida or CNY Party Starters or other pretend companies out there) I've decided to speak out against a case, a plethora of negative reviews and conspiracy theory of negative stories about cancellations. I am actively fighting, in court, negative, fraudulent and completely made up reviews of me and my service. I am also fighting a case in court claiming I cancel events and don't refund people. First, yes, I had a handful of issues as I tried to expand my business a few years ago. I tried to bring in DJs. But It backfired and the DJs were gone, leaving me with a handful of double bookings that I had to cancel and refund, which I did. This was the price of learning on the fly as a small business. I learned that a service such as DJ'ing needs a skillful person. That's why I only do weddings now, I won't ever want to expand. I have an extremely long proven track record of being an outstanding DJ. Folks, the case I am fighting will prove in my favor. I'm happy to confirm we are close to clearing my good name. I am also excited to clear up erroneous, exaggerated claims of lack of service, customer service, and false claims from jealous, small DJ company rivals. I encourage you to ask for my references. I'll provide an onslaught of recent and past clients who would be happy to provide me the highest reviews. You can see actual pictures and videos from their actual weddings. I invite you to my http://www.Facebook.com/wedding.djs page.... look at the weekly posts / events.
The pile of jealous, small individual ran DJ companies will be exposed. I am expecting by the end of the year or beginning of next year, to get all the court paperwork together to have negative and fraudulent reviews taken down everywhere and prove me right. And ladies and gentlemen, it's only about the provable, measurable, definable facts. It's just a long process I can't wait to win. Thank you!

Profile Picture Eric, 8/21/16, 1 Review
0.5

Avoid Eric at all costs! We booked party starters DJ over a year before our wedding including paying in full. With less then 48 hours before our reception was to take place he cancels on us saying he double booked us. I don't know how this could happen especially after booking it over a year ago. He includes language in his contracts that he has never cancelled, this is a total misrepresentation as you can see multiple reviews where this same thing has occurred. Avoid him at all costs you don't know if he will actually show up for your event.

Profile Picture David, 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

By far the best DJ I have every seen at a party! When we hired him for our wedding it was about a year away. He had me convinced he would make it a great party and would do anything possible to make our night fantastic and that's exactly what happened! After signing I read the ugly reviews about him and got nervous. He reassured me everything would be fine and it was! Truth be told, why should I need to contact my DJ so often? Bridezillas out there, guess what, you don't need to be in contact with your DJ every week or even month! I had other things to worry about and didn't need to be bothering him. He said he would be there and he was! We met up after filling out the super freaking helpful packet and I started to get really excited. (BTW the packet was amazing. Things I wouldn't even think of he had in there for me to think about. It was one thing for the wedding that was stress free!) I messaged him I think the week of the wedding and then the day before and everything turned out good. Our wedding was outside and it was iffy on the weather. Lightning struck his speaker at our ceremony and arched into him through his phone. We had no clue because he continued the music as we ran inside to escape the rain immediately following our ceremony. Long story short, he should have went to the hospital and thank goodness there was a 4 hour break between ceremony and reception for him to get seen by the ambulance and he felt better by the time the reception came. (We told him to get checked out and that his health was more important to us than music but he felt better) He STILL put on an amazing show and there were no complaints anywhere! He transitioned music so well and could feel the crowd and knew exactly what songs would be a hit! It was a fantastic (and electric!!!) night and there were people on the dance floor right up until last song! I HIGHLY recommend Eric at Partystarters! Thank you so much!!!

Profile Picture Samantha, 8/13/16, 1 Review
0.5

PLEASE BEWARE- HE CANCELS! We spoke to Eric a full year before our wedding July 16th of this year. He was a great salesman on the phone, said all the right things. So we booked him and paid in full. A few months before the wedding we had our meeting with him to set up the flow and itinerary. The meeting seemed normal and I was getting excited. 2 weeks before the wedding we started to get nervous because we hadn't heard from him. The week of the wedding I got an email saying he knew or wedding was coming up. He and I exchanged texts for the next three days but he kept making excuses as to why he couldn't actually call and speak to me. This really made my husband and I nervous. Thursday before the wedding he texted and said everything was all set for Saturday. ........them the bomb. ........Friday morning- THE DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING, I woke up to an email telling me why he couldn't dj the wedding. He gave us several long winded excuses in the email. I was absolutely freaking out. I could not believe he could do something so terrible. We found a BETTER dj service and our wedding turned out perfect, no thanks to Eric. We were informed that we were not the only ones he had done this to!! Please be cautious. I would never want this to happen to anyone else.

Profile Picture Linda, 7/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Party Starters did such a marvelous job from start to finish with our wedding reception. We were so comfortable after speaking with them the first time over the phone that we booked them before meeting in person. In fact, we never met until our wedding day. We planned a wedding out of town and Party Starters couldn't have been more accommodating and generous with their time in the weeks leading up to the big day. The lighting and ambiance created was simply awesome and the music played kept people on the dance floor all night. These guys are truly professionals and we would recommend them for ANY type of event. Thanks for making are huge party such an unforgettable blast!

Profile Picture User5481557, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
2.0

We had the same experience as the previous reviewer- we contacted the DJ, sent a check and then NOTHING for months. Only when I proceeded to step things up did we get a response. Eric was unavailable for our wedding but promised he would send his expierenced brother with equipment in his place. (This service came recommended by our reception vendor). We did not get any kind of discount. Feeling better after meeting in person, we got all of the details squared away. Filled out lots of questions about our music preferences (alternative, rock and 80s)
The DJ showed up with equipment for the outside ceremony and played everything we asked not to be played while guests were seated. All of our processional music was fine, our officiants Mic worked and the outro music was correct. As we were announced into our reception, the DJ pronounced my married name wrong (after going over it). Our dances were requested to be cut short, they were not (i had to tell him to cut the Mom/Son dance). All of our "want to dance to songs" were played during dinner. I (bride) had to physically go tell him to switch the music (and my dinner was taken away in the process). The Mic wouldn't work for any of the speeches and we had to walk him through the cake cutting stuff. At the end of the night, I realized id never thrown my bouquet. He kept playing Disney music and thankfully we didn't want to do any of that extra reception stuff we opted out of on the website. He did stay "after hours" (3pm-11pm) for an additional $40 and was very nice. On the bright side, the overall cost was much less than other DJs in the area.

Profile Picture User3726472, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
0.2

The experience started out very good. We had several good conversations on the phone, and then finally met with him a few months before the wedding. After we paid in full Eric seemed to Vanish until we decided to call him 3 days before the wedding. It took him a full day to get back to us. When it came time for the wedding his computer crashed as soon as he plugged it in. He couldn't figure out how to fix the situation, and thankfully one of our guest was able to figure out via a phone call with her dad. While the situation pushed the wedding back 45 minutes he was down by the venue getting changed for the wedding (not helping). He was very reassuring that one of our friends was taking care of it. Our guest was giving him a break. Once the problem was fixed he asked a different guest to use their credit card to pay for songs off of itunes. During the reception he skipped almost all of the songs we requested in the must play list, and he was very rude and confrontational with guests when the requested songs. I would never hire him again. EVER

Profile Picture User5380680, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
1.0

I hired Eric about a year before our actual wedding date. We discussed everything I wanted (DJ services, photo booth and a monogram). We discussed prices and we paid in full. We set to meet with him a few weeks before our wedding (we're from out of state so meeting him for the first time before our wedding was crucial). He never showed. That was red flag #1. Our wedding happened and everything seemed to be OK. He made a few mistakes. The day after the wedding we realized we NEVER received the photobooth OR monogram. I spoke with Eric for 2 hours upset over paying for something that was never provided. He informed me there were separate contracts needed for both (something be NEVER mentioned). He later told me "it's on the link I sent you, you misread it and overlooked it." Basically blaming me for missing something I had no idea ever existed. Then he told me that I needed to design the monogram and that the link for that was on the wedding page he created for me (this is also where you plug in the song list for your wedding). I had accessed this site numerous times and had never seen this link he was speaking about. He told me he'd call me back in 10 minutes. Just to make sure I logged onto his site and there was NO link for his monogram. When he called me back he told me to refresh the page and BOOM there it was (shady, no?) He agreed to refund us and said he'd be in touch with my parents. It's now been 3 weeks and I had to reach out to him AGAIN to check on why he had not contacted my parents yet. He sent back a cruel email basically blaming me for my childish behavio and telling me it was my fault I overlooked these other contracts. He even stooped so slow as to say my parents even said I had a bad attitude. WOW! Poor customer service, and he does not even care. He told me I can go to all lengths (hire an attorney, sue him) but nothing would change.

Profile Picture Adeline, 8/8/15, 2 Reviews

RUN AS FAR AND AS FAST AS YOU CAN AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AND ERIC

We hired Eric a full year before our wedding date and paid him in full for services agreed upon (DJ/MC, a photo booth and a monogram). Eric is hard to get in touch with, did not show up to our meeting before the wedding (my now husband and I flew in from out of state to meet with him) and he failed to provide the photo booth and monogram at our wedding.

We had a couple phone calls where he promised to reimburse us the $500+ dollars we had paid for the photo booth and monogram, only to be ignored for months. Upon following up on his word of reimbursement, he started using profanity and called me a spoiled bitch and would not be refunding us as he had already spent that money and did not have any in reserves apparently to give back what he stole from us. He kept making excuses, and upon me freaking out about losing that money he continued to call me a bitch and stated he only said he'd reimburse me because he thought he could get future business out of us, but when we said we'd never use him again, he promptly retracted his reimbursement statement and said if I called him again he'd pursue a harassment charge (for me bugging him too much about getting our money back).

He is extremely unorganized and made many mistakes during our wedding reception despite the fact that we filled out his gigantic wedding package with every detail.

He may offer a good price, but you get what you pay for. And Eric is ANYTHING BUT PROFESSIONAL. We will never use him again and will NEVER recommend him for anything. And I am writing this review AGAIN to warn everyone I can about what a scam this company is.

Profile Picture User6828033, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
0.0

On August 18, 2014 my daughter signed a contract with a DJ service for her upcoming wedding. Her wedding was July 11, 2015. The name of the company is Party Starters which is owned and operated by Mr. Eric Schneible. Ten days prior to the wedding date, Mr. Schneible sent an email to my daughter stating he had double booked her date and would not be able to attend. He did not offer a substitute dj and simply said good luck. Mr. Schneible never performed the service. Payment was made in full to Mr. Schneible on August 27, 2014. The check was made out originally to the company name, then he requested the check be made out to him personally. Mr. Schneible first stated he had returned the money, then said he would return the money, then said he does not have any money. After multiple calls and emails Mr. Schneible has gone silent and refuses to return the money owed. Due to Mr. Schneibles lack of response and inability to do the right thing we have since reported this incident to both the New York State Police and the New York State Attorney Generals Office. Both agencies are conducting investigations. If you feel that you have been victimized by Party Starters and Mr. Eric Schneible please contact the New York State Attorney Generals Office at 315-448-4848, ask for Ms. Jean Ryan. The complaint number is as follows: Party Starters file number 2015-1250404. The New York State Police can be contacted at 315-699-9661 and ask for Trooper McDonald.

Profile Picture Edward , 7/11/15, 1 Review
4.7

We hired Eric for our wedding on the 4th of July. It was quite an emotional roller coaster with my family being reunited with my brother and he was very respectful of the interruption and kept things going while we visited and got pictures. Eric is very professional as well as flexible. He got the party going and kept everyone on their feet. Everyone I have talked to had a blast. I am glad I decided to go with Party Starters and I would agin in a heart beat.

Profile Picture Hollie, 7/4/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Without question, my wedding DJ was the best DJ I've ever seen and I've been to a lot of my friends and family's weddings. My husband (yay!) and I got married on January 17, 2015 and we had to book Eric last minute due to an issue with our other DJ having personal problems. Eric was our superhero! He did what we had not done and that was putting together a solid plan, itinerary and game plan based off the information we filled out in his planning packet and online planning area as well. Speaking of that, his organization and ability to make planning our wedding was unbelievable. He has a planning packet which allowed us to customize everything. He then gave us an online account where we looked thru wedding charts of music from today's music all the way to the 50's. It was all very easy and helpful to use. When we got to our venue I took a moment to go see the room and my heart dropped. It was beautiful. I had no idea that his Uplights were included. Our room was already gorgeous but his lights were all around our room, under the cake table and highlighted our entrance way. I cried. When we eventually got introduced, had dinner and began partying, I had no less then 50 compliments specifically addressing our DJs music selections and the wonderful lighting around the room. My husband and I shared the same sentiment, we felt Eric put his heart and best efforts into our wedding. We really won't ever forget what he did for us. Everything was magical and perfect. We believe in fate and we knew the prior troubles we had with the other DJ were worth it because we got Eric. I would suggest any couple to look at Eric as a possible DJ. We will be telling all of our friends and families about him and we hope nothing but the best for all of the future couples reading my review. Love always, Kaleigh & Robert.

Profile Picture Kaleigh, 1/17/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Having Eric dj our wedding was the best choice we made! We spoke with him first and contacted several djs afterwards. Every company we spoke with seemed decent but it was Eric's extra effort, time and willingness to answer all of our questions that stood out. Ultimately, he made us feel comfortable and allowed us to figure it out without pressuring us. Regarding his service and pricing, I know he is one of the most affordable djs in the area and he gives you everything you could ever want. He includes sooooo much at a great price! He managed our whole day and our guests loved the music. Our wedding was a lot of fun and it was all made possible by Eric. His planning and his system he used was really helpful because he was really able to customize things the way we wanted it. I would highly recommend that you consider him as your DJ because he will really make your wedding day like he did for us! Thank you so much Eric!

Profile Picture Jackie, 12/13/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

You were amazing Eric! Rob & I want to thank you for your hard work. Everything about your DJ services were professional. You were well organized, always easy to get a hold of, very caring towards our specific needs and just a real pleasure to do business with you! I can not thank you enough for the beautiful wireless up lighting, it really pulled out fall theme together. You made everyone feel very comfortable with your music selections and we haven't seen our families dance like that, ever! We will be happy to tell our friends and family about your services. Thank u so much!

Profile Picture Gwen, 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Eric was responsive, passionate, extremely talented and an incredible DJ. His price was amazing and he included everything we could of ever wanted. The ballroom looked stunning because he setup his up light units across the walls and in the corners of​ ​the room. He handled everything for us including creating a typed itinerary which he gave to our photographer and coordinator. He was well spoken during introductions and made it a lot of fun, while keeping it classy. Eric even DJ'd for an extra hour and did not charge us. Not only did my grandma and grandpa have a great time, my friends said it was the best wedding they had been too. We could not be happier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​​​

Profile Picture Olivia, 10/10/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Eric was referred to us from my husband's old Sergeant who had Eric DJ his wedding a few years ago. We were told he was awesome and he was! We would seriously like to recommend the services of Party Starters to anyone looking for a great DJ! Eric was fantastic and literally created the best wedding we could have ever imagined. We did our due diligence prior to hiring Eric last minute after a DJ cancelled on us. Eric was extremely transparent with everything regarding questions we had prior to hiring him. He explained everything to us and we were provided references, videos and pictures at our request. We are so glad we went with him! Our friends and even our families haven't stopped texting me telling me how much they enjoyed themselves. Frank and I are both appreciative of Eric's stellar performance. You will not regret hiring him one bit! Thanks Eric!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/7/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Eric did an amazing job providing our wedding DJ services. As we were planning our big day from across the country, it was great to work with someone so flexible and responsive. Eric also provided very useful suggestions based on his experience and planning tools that he made available to us right away. He was as involved as we wanted, and worked with us to help manage the wedding itinerary throughout the night. Not sure what we would have done without him!
I highly recommend Eric for any event.

Profile Picture Katrina, 9/6/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We can not thank Eric enough for the services (MC & DJ) he provided on our big day. One of our main goals was to create an atmosphere in which all guest could have a great time and we sure succeeded in doing that! Eric is incredibly personable, willing to help out with any aspect of the wedding, as well as answer any question from the moment you meet him till beyond your wedding. He creates a sense of comfort during the wedding planning process that was greatly appreciated.

The online services and music databases that Party Starters Wedding DJ Services offer leading up to the wedding were very helpful. On the day of the wedding Eric provided a great flow of music which kept the dance floor packed all night and all guests happy.

Not only did Eric provide the DJ & MC services for our wedding but he also provided the lighting for our outdoor wedding reception. Eric provided several high quality LED lights that flowed with the music, theme, and provided general illumination.

Eric's services far exceeded our expectations and we would certainly recommend Party Starters Wedding DJ Services to anyone planning a wedding.

Profile Picture Jeff & Cortney , 8/23/14, 1 Review
0.0

We had a terrible experience with Eric.
We felt great after our initial meeting with him. He seemd to really know what he was talking about and the value of the services he was offering us was unbeatable... too good to be true.
After signing our contract, we didn't hear from him at all. Several weeks before our wedding, we attempted to get in touch with him. After a few attempts of calling him and getting sent to voicemail, somebody answered and said that the number that we had on file for him was no longer his number. He had never contacted my husband or I to inform us of this. We searched the Internet and buried under some very positive reviews, we found reviewers sharing similar experiences. When we were finally able to get ahold of Eric, he had no idea when our wedding was (thought it was only several weeks away) and gave us many excuses for his poor service. We ultimately decided that we could not risk being let down on our wedding day, so we called another DJ service in the area with a positive reputation and re-booked with them. When we talked to owner of the other company, he told us that we weren't the first to have this type of exerience with Party Starters.
Eric had told us that we would likely be able to get a refund (with the exception of the price of a deposit), but after sending him a letter via certified mail, we never heard back for him.

Profile Picture Courtney, 8/23/14, 3 Reviews