45 Reviews for Party Masters

Sound/PA System (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
40 Party Masters Reviews

4.7

We had Andy Wilfong DJ our wedding and were very pleased. Although he was very talkative at our initial meeting, he was a perfect emcee on the wedding night. He made sure to announce all the important dances/speeches/events (after making sure the necessary people were present) but didn't do any of the awkward/hokie commentating. He played fun music and had great lighting. He brought all of his own equipment, which saved us money on extra table/linen rentals. He did play one of the songs on my do not play list, but that was a minor infraction considering how smoothly everything else went!

Profile Picture Diana, 10/14/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Ricky of VA Party Masters really helped set the tone for our wedding reception but his services started weeks before the big day. DJ Ricky spoke with us on the phone to go over all of the different options we could utilize not just for the reception but also ceremony officiant audio and music. His wedding experiences seem to be vast and he made sure he knew what our preferences were for the big day, ie, what kind of music we wanted to play, no play songs, just how long we wanted to have that first dance with our parents, etc. He was very responsive when we needed to follow up, arrived to the wedding on time and set up efficiently. We couldn't have asked for more in a wedding DJ.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 10/8/17, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Andy Wilfong was the DJ for our wedding reception and we couldn't have been more pleased. He was so attentive in the beginning trying to get a feel for our personality as a couple. We weren't working with a wedding planner so we asked Andy for his advice on the order of events for the reception and he was so great in helping us figure out the flow. He was so flexible when in the beginning of the reception we decided to switch some things up and none of our guests even knew the difference. The repertoire of music he played was great and he really got the crowds attention. No one was left sitting in their seat at the end of the night!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/7/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones

Andy was one of our most responsive and organized vendors. He made it easy to choose the songs we wanted — and the songs we didn’t! He was a great emcee — kept the wedding on track and set the perfect tone. Our guests loved dancing to the music he played. Only downside was that he didn’t play all the songs we requested. Probably ran out of time, but it was too bad!

Profile Picture Betsy, 9/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our DJ Andy was simply incredible! He was very attentive to detail and worked with me to make sure he captured exactly what my husband and I envisioned. The music was perfect and he had our large group (150 guests) up on their feet enjoying the night the whole time! I could've have asked for a better DJ!! :)

Profile Picture Katie, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Set up went seamlessly. Andy's experienced was invaluable. We thought we had everything figured out but when we were pressed for decisions at the last minute he took over and new exactly what to do. A real life saver, actually real party saver. Great Job!

Profile Picture Rick, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Andy Wilfong DJ'd our April wedding at Early Mountain Vineyards and was awesome! We live in FL, so we weren't able to meet him in person before booking him, but he was incredibly accommodating and allowed us to do a Skype call with him after business hours when we got home from work. He's a former club DJ, so he knows how to read a crowd and make sure everyone is having a great time. He was also really accepting of my playlist requests, which was very important to me. I wanted to make sure certain songs were played at the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and reception, and I was very specific! He even made mash-ups for us and trimmed a verse out of our first dance song (at our request) to make it more custom for us. Andy is fun, friendly and a total pro at his job. I would recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Brittany, 4/8/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, MC

DJ Andy absolutely crushed our wedding reception. He was incredibly responsive from the initial inquiry email, through getting the contract together and modifying it to fit our needs, to blending our quite eclectic group’s favorites together. He was set up and ready to go at our reception far in advance and was the epitome of fun and professional. The questionnaire he sends to start compiling his set list is very thorough and helpful – it made us consider things we would have never thought about (last song? Cake cutting music?). He went above and beyond to even cut and remix the father-daughter dance song to fit perfectly in the evening. As for the party itself, he did an amazing job catering towards the range of guests in the early evening, inserting slow songs and oldies in when the older crowd had migrated off the dance floor. Later, the vibe definitely was geared towards the younger guests that remained and he worked in all the requests flawlessly. As we approached the end of the night he looked to us, the bride and groom, for what we wanted specifically. Our wedding would not have been what it was without Andy and Party Masters – you can’t go wrong with them!

Profile Picture Christine, 4/1/17, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

I felt like Andy knew what we wanted to hear at our welcome party and wedding better than we did! He was accommodating and so much fun. He was thorough and responsive throughout the planning stages. During and after the wedding our guests raved about how awesome our DJ was. He really made our wedding that much more perfect for us!

Profile Picture Catherine, 10/15/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We loved Andy! Our reception got started a little later than planned and he was super flexible with staying longer. The playlist was great and our only complaint from the night was wanting more time to dance with our friends. Very responsive and flexible throughout the planning process as well!

Profile Picture Tonya, 10/7/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Andy Wilfong, from Party Masters, did an amazing job for our wedding. He met with us very early in the planning process and requested a listing of all music we wanted and music we absolutely did not want. Taking our lists into consideration, Andy took our mixed music requests and brilliantly combined them with a bit of his own personal touch to light up the night and keep everyone out on the dance floor. He stayed in touch with us over the entire course of our wedding planning process and was quick to make any modifications necessary to make our day perfect. He was very professional as well and made sure that all traditional song requests were exactly on time and played without a hitch from our First Dance to the Father Daughter dance. In addition, Andy’s energetic and fun personality helped us pull of our perfect day. Everyone at our wedding expressed how great our DJ was, and we highly recommend Andy to any other future Bride and Groom!

Profile Picture User7426801, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Andy was very easy to work with even during the stresses of planing our wedding. He kept the floor packed and understood the importance of blending our two families.

Profile Picture Erika, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Andy was great! We booked him about a year in advance from our wedding. I highly recommend him as your DJ for both your ceremony and reception. He is really great about listening to your requests and making sure to find the correct version of any/all songs. He even took time to meet up with us before the ceremony to make sure our songs, timeline and other details were all in order prior to the big day. The day of the wedding he arrived early to our ceremony to set up and test equipment. The ceremony songs were spot on, and the lapel mic and extra hand mic were great for the ceremony as well. After the ceremony, the evening and night flew by! Andy really does a great job of making sure your guests are out on the dance floor. We had a great crowd on the dance floor the whole entire night. We ended up having a lot of guests make requests (something we didn't think would happen), but Andy handled it great and did a great job of blending songs when requested songs weren't a popular choice with the rest of the crowd. Several people commented to us later that they really enjoyed the DJ and how everyone seemed to be having a great time out on the dance floor. I'd highly recommend Andy to any future Bride & Groom!

Profile Picture Dana, 4/23/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: One Event Per Day, Microphones

Party Masters was a dream to work with. Andy came highly recommended by both my wedding planner and the venue coordinator. My husband and I were provided worksheets that helped us stay organized and ensure that Andy had everything he needed for a smooth and amazing wedding. We used Party Masters for both the ceremony and reception. Their package pricing and value was unbeatable. From start to finish, Andy was professional, caring, kind, thorough, and most importantly AMAZING! His talents as a DJ and MC made the night go by effortlessly.

Profile Picture User5221050, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Andy Wilfong was our wedding DJ and did a fantastic job. Throughout the whole planning process, Andy listened carefully to our requests and was proactive in reaching out to meet in person and discuss our ideal wedding playlist. My husband and I didn't have a very specific list of the type of music we wanted, so DJ Andy worked with us to create a really fun playlist that both our younger guests and older family loved. Our dancefloor was packed for the entire reception! He also was very professional in emceeing the various wedding events throughout the night. Both my husband and I and our guests had a great time with DJ Andy.

DJ Andy also provided music for the ceremony and I was really pleased with his performance. He arrived early to set up and his timing was spot-on for fading/switching songs during the ceremony. As I said, I was really happy with his performance!

Profile Picture User6669940, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Andy did an amazing job DJing our ceremony and reception, We are thankful we chose his services and will again for future events

Profile Picture Jimmy, 12/31/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

As an event director, I think Andy is great to work with on any event! He provides a detailed checklist of services, and then follows through with the individual requests. He's on time, prepared and flexible, if arrangements change. He keeps the crowd up and dancing without him being the center of attention!
I'd highly recommend Andy for your next event! Enjoy!

Profile Picture vickie, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Andy Wilfong DJ'ed our wedding Labor Day weekend. We had SO much fun and there were guests on the dance floor the WHOLE NIGHT! Andy even showed up early to set up ceremony mics for us, which we didn't ask him to do until last minute. Not only did we enjoy just getting to know him, but he was professional, knowledgeable and was able to deal with lots of guest requests and a controlling bride (lol). My family has been to lots of weddings in the past couple years, so the pressure was on to make ours fun & stand out (And we let Andy know this!) He handled it with grace, and I couldn't have asked for a better experience! Thank you Andy!

Profile Picture Mallory, 9/6/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We, our family and friends were delighted with Andy's warm, professional and inviting style and fantastic mix of music choices. His proactive outreach, prompt attention, eagerness to listen to us, and wise advice in the weeks leading up to the wedding meant a lot to us.

For our first dance, we requested The Talking Heads' "Naive Melody (This Must Be the Place"), an unusual and slightly lengthy song (at five minutes or so). We love the song, and we didn't want to cut it short, and so, we asked if we could simultaneously bring in my Dad and Josh's Mom for the second half of the song (instead of switching to a different number). Andy reassured us during the planning process, and true to his word, when the moment arrived, he made our decision feel easy and graceful. As someone who shies away from the limelight, myself, I really appreciated his sensitivity and tact - I didn't feel self-conscious at all; I simply felt present, relaxed and ready to enjoy the music!

It was wonderful to benefit from his expertise and experience for deciding on flow for the first dance, wedding cake and all the festivities through the last number. A great time was had by all, and his talented artistry played a big role in creating a lively and joyful atmosphere.

All generations enjoyed the music, and one aunt said it was also the music she enjoyed growing up - this is exactly what we had hoped for! An ideal blend of hip, fresh and classic songs brought everyone to the dance floor. His DJing drew even the more reserved folks in the group to join in, inspiring one ordinarily-quiet guest to proclaim the reception "the best party" he'd ever been to. Andy worked magic, indeed, bringing to life the jovial, collective spirit in the room in a beautiful way.

We will treasure the memories of that evening always - thank you, Andy!

Profile Picture Lucy, 6/13/15, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Andy DJ'ed our wedding and we couldn't have hoped for a better experience from the day we contacted him until now. Andy delivered on everything he promised, and more, and we loved his DJ services. His sound system was great for our outdoor ceremony, and the reception music was great! Our guests had a great time and loved dancing the night away! Thanks Andy!!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/9/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Andy did a great job at our wedding! So much fun

Profile Picture Bethany, 4/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Andy is a talented professional. He arrived early to set up and brought all the sound equipment we needed for our big day. After set up he did a quick costume change and was our well-dressed party master. Thank you Andy.

Profile Picture Alex, 1/3/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Andy was a lot of fun and very willing to work with us on special requests (mashups, bubble exit, taking songs from youtube if he didn't have them, etc.) He was also totally professional and not cheesily/sensationally narrating every step of the wedding - we didn't want this, though I'm sure he'd do it if you asked. We loved working with him!

Profile Picture molly, 1/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

This review is such a pleasure to write, and I would HIGHLY recommend DJ Andy Wilfong for any DJ performance needs... DJ Andy Wilfong was our wedding DJ and we cannot say enough good things about him and his performance! From the beginning, Andy was professional, extremely easy to work with, and a pleasure to meet with for planning purposes. My (new) husband is really into music, so he was in charge of finding our DJ - and was going to be quite picky about it. He and Andy hit it off immediately on the phone, and our first in-person meeting with Andy was nothing short of wonderful (and fun!). Andy really listened to what we wanted and gave suggestions when he had them. He performed for our entire day - ceremony, cocktail hour and reception - and everything was just fabulous. For our reception, we gave Andy a short list of songs we wanted to hear, just to give him an idea of the genres we wanted, and we let him do the rest. He certainly did not disappoint! Our guests were on the dance floor all night long! Even after our reception ended, Andy performed a "90s dance party" encore when he found out that my twin brothers-in-law had the same birthday (the day after our wedding) as he did! Our friends and family are still raving about how great of a job Andy did.

Additionally, Andy went above and beyond his call of duty prior to our wedding. When my grandfather got sick, and my husband and I were planning to live-stream the ceremony for him, Andy couldn't do enough to help us figure out the best way to live-stream. He did some research, some trial runs, and gave us options of what would work best. This meant the world to me, and we'll always be grateful for all of his help.

Thank you, Andy!! You rocked at our wedding, and we are truly thankful!

Profile Picture Sara, 11/1/14, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Andy Wilfong was the DJ at our wedding in September in Crozet, VA. He was a pleasure to work with from start to finish and was always very responsive to our questions and concerns. (Though he is a busy guy, so you may have to book him early.) He let us personalize music for the ceremony, wedding party introductions, first dances, cake cutting, bouquet/garter toss, and last dance, as well as incorporating a handful of songs that were particularly important for us to hear on our wedding day. He does a fantastic job of letting clients have autonomy in song selection and setting the mood/vibe of the reception, while still having plenty of song choices on hand and a personal knack for selecting songs that will get everyone on the dance floor regardless of their music preferences. On the day of, he was incredibly professional, fun, and flexible, and often even had to perform some of the tasks of the person who should have been acting as our day-of coordinator. His prices are also very reasonable compared to some other DJ's in the area. In short, all of our guests had a fantastic time, as did we, and I think a large part of that is due to Andy!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/28/14, 4 Reviews