Party Favors Reviews

68 | Brookline, MA

68 Reviews for Party Favors

lindsay · Married on 04/16/2012

The team at party Favors was really laid back and easy to work with. We picked out our cake and had no worries. They took care of everything including contacting our vendor. The cake was delicious and they even let us have 2 different flavors!

Sent on 07/11/2012

Jennifer · Married on 10/29/2011

We absolutely loved the "Tiffany's" themed cake that was made for us by Party Favors in Brookline, Massachusetts. They were helpful in reviewing several options for our cake design and the final product was not only tasteful and the talk of the ceremony dinner, but it was delicious as well! We highly recommend Party Favors to anyone. Thanks so much!

Sent on 02/05/2012

Lauren · Married on 10/01/2011

We had our wedding cake recently created by Party Favors. It was delicious!! We choose mocha with chocolate raspberry mousse and our guests LOVED it! They were able to create exactly what we envisioned for our wedding cake. Thank you!

Sent on 10/26/2011

Jo · Married on 09/10/2011

First and foremost: the cake was DELICIOUS!!!! I was familiar with their baking already, and new that they would be on the short list of vendors I'd be visiting to select a wedding cake. They were easy to work with and accommodating in setting up a tasting appointment, and afterwards were more than willing to accommodate the custom flavor combos we requested. I knew I wanted to go with them as they had the best TASTING cake around, but i wasn't sure about the aesthetics. I had a set image in my head of what I wanted the cake to look like (not something they had done before), and they delivered exactly what I was looking for. (A lot of the cakes on their website were more on the novelty/birthday or giant flower side of things, which made me worry at first -- thankfully, they were able to pull off understated elegance just as easily!) The price was decent as well, and there was a ton of leftover cake that we enjoyed at the big BBQ the day after our wedding :) I can't wait for our one-year anniversary so I can eat more! Way to go, Party Favors!

Sent on 12/29/2011

Leslie · Married on 09/02/2011

Party Favors did a great job for our wedding cake. They were the easiest to work with - we did a tasting, decided on look and flavors, and we were good to go! We worked with Chris and he was extremely friendly, professional, and helpful.

Most importantly, the cake turned out beautifully and tasted DELICIOUS!! Our guests are still raving about the cake - we got them all hooked on Party Favors!

We're definitely going to be using Party Favors for all of our cakes in the future.

Sent on 10/04/2011

Ali · Married on 07/04/2011

We used Party Favors for our wedding on 9/24/2011. Not only did they do our wedding cake, they also did a complete dessert table for us. They provided cupcakes in 3 different flavors, candy, chocolate covered oreos, chocolate mousse cups, and frosted brownie bites. Everyone RAVED about the dessert table. Not only was it beautiful but every single dessert that they provided was delicious! In addition, the price was very reasonable considering all that we bought! I would HIGHLY reccomend Party Favors to any bride to be!

Sent on 10/09/2011

Julie · Married on 01/16/2010

Jon from Party Favors was fantastic our cake was just what we wanted and delicious. Thank you for making our day so sweet! Julie and Issac

Sent on 06/30/2010

Anna · Married on 06/28/2009

Best frosting EVER. (If you like sugar more than butter in your buttercream, which I do.) We had a yellow cake with mocha filling. We also had chocolate and vanilla cupcakes. We actually ended up ordering a top and a bottom cake, because a friend of the family was making our "middle" layer (they weren't stacked) and they were so understanding and helpful. We did end up ordering WAY too much cake, but we enjoyed for days afterwords. Since we were moving across country shortly after the wedding, we were thankful Party Favors will make us an anniversary cake when we visit home, so we didn't have to try to transport a cake in the middle of the summer!

Sent on 02/19/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 05/23/2009

We knew from the time we got engaged that we wanted Party Favors cupcakes for our wedding cake. Not only were they delicious, they were delivered on time and in good condition (2 hours away from the store!), and everything was exactly as we ordered it and very affordable.

Sent on 06/09/2009

Jill · Married on 05/09/2009

Beautiful design! Ridiculously good tasting cake!

They were very easy to work with. O gave them a picture I liked and then made it to look just like the picture! They give you lots of free samples to try and find the best flavors for you. They also give you a free small cake on your 1 year anniversary. Best cake place ever!

Sent on 08/27/2009

Lorri · Married on 08/16/2008

Our wedding cake was delicious and looked beautiful! Another fabulous aspect about Party Favors is that they provide you with a free cake on your first year anniversary, which allows you to serve the entire wedding cake on the day of the wedding. I thought this was a really nice touch.

Sent on 09/23/2008

Crystal · Married on 05/03/2008

We actually had the choice of two other cake vendors as part of our wedding package. Unfortunately we had horrible experiences with both. Our coordinator referred us to Party Favors and even though we had to pay some extra money, it was completely worth it. The cake was delicious and beautiful! They were great to deal with as well.

Sent on 06/08/2008

Karen · Married on 12/29/2007

Absolutely fabulous! My daughter wanted cupcakes and only chocolate and yellow cake with white frosting. They helped her design a cupcake display that was special and beautiful and unbelievably delicious. We went back for 2 tastings - her fiance didn't care and then decided he wanted to taste them. They were really flexible and pleasant and helpful to deal with. Very professional without being snooty.
    They even did an unbelievable Red Sox cake for the rehearsal dinner. I was planning on picking it up that day and became overwhelmed with everything. I called around noon the day of the RD and they had it delivered to the restaurant by 2pm - with a very reasonable delivery charge. They then called me to let me know that the it was at the restaurant!
    My only problem with the cupcakes was that they were so good I ate too many!

Sent on 03/15/2009

Katie · Married on 09/15/2007

I loved so many of the cakes in the books at Party Favors but could not decide what to do; I showed them a picture of my dress and they came up with the idea to create my dress as the wedding cake! I gave them a swatch of fabric from my gown and they matched the frosting to the exact color. This cake was AMAZING. We did different flavors in every layer:

Top: chocolate cake with raspberry chocolate mousse
    2nd: yellow cake with mocha mousse
    3rd: chocolate cake with mocha mousse
    4th: yellow cake with strawberries and cream
    5th: (this was in back, because the cake would have been HUGE if it was all stacked up) chocolate cake with strawberries and cream

Prices are really great for Boston cake and the people are very nice. They create the cake to serve your guests - top layer is served and on your 1st anniversary they will make you a fresh cake if you give them a picture for their album.

Our cake was the cake written about in the Spring 2007 Bridal Issue of the Improper Bostonian.

Their butter cream frosting is the best I've ever had, and they have the best mini cupcakes (we had them at our engagement party and my bridal shower).

Delicious!

Sent on 11/22/2007

Samuel · Married on 05/27/2007

Delicious! Beautiful!

Sent on 07/13/2008

I have had my birthday cakes from Party Favors since I was born, so it was a no brainer on who I wanted for my wedding. The cake was not only delicious - it was gorgeous and exactly as I had asked it to be designed. Even my photographer posted on her own Facebook that she tries a lot of cakes in her profession but our cupcakes were her favorite of all time!

Sent on 10/18/2015
  • Z

Donna · Married on 06/24/2007

We had a cupcake tower with a small cake on top for cutting. This allowed to have different flavors for the guests - so they could choose from chocolate, vanilla and spice (our choices). It was beautiful and tasty. After many local tastings we chose Party favors as having the best combination of cake and frosting. And with the cupcakes we were able to take the leftovers home and serve the extras at brunch the next day. We also got our free top-tier on our one-year anniversary. Excellent service!

Sent on 03/30/2009

NS · Married on 03/03/2018

We worked with Party Favors for our wedding, and we planned for a small ceremonial cake and a variety of cupcakes. We worked with John for our tasting, which was a fun experience, and ended up picking a two-tier cake and five types of mini-cupcakes. We were impressed by how quickly they can turn around cakes and how helpful they were in developing a design and making decisions. We hadn't expected to afford as substantial a cake as we could - the price was very reasonable. They were incredibly accomodating and ready to work with us, no matter what our final decision was. One of the most fun parts of our wedding planning process!

Sent on 03/28/2018

Hilary · Married on 08/13/2016

Have an idea of the design/decorations you want before going for your tasting; we only picked out flavors but hadn't thought enough about the decoration, which impacts the price.

Sent on 08/21/2016

I have been a massive fan of party favors since I met my now husband, he used to live in brookline and we'd get cupcakes every weekend so when we got engaged I knew where we would go. Our cupcake tower turned out perfect!! The colors were prefect and as always they tasted delish!! They were very flexible and let me change the delivery time the day before the wedding. My one and only complaint is that when you schedule a tasting you need to pick flavors and fillings on the phone so you need to know in advance what you want and they can't add new flavors with short notice. It would be better if they had all the options available so you can taste everything.
    I gave 4 star for responsiveness because I was on hold for almost 5 minutes when I called to change cake delivery time and I once used there email to ask a question and didn't get a response...that being said I would still strongly recommend.

Sent on 09/03/2013

A · Married on 03/31/2012

I got my wedding cake here, and it 100% did not disappoint. The cake arrived at the venue, on time, and was completely and totally gorgeous. It was a chocolate cake filled with French mocha buttercream, frosted in white buttercream, edged with purple ribbon, and topped with a fondant bow. It was as delicious as it was beautiful, which is a rarity with wedding cakes. The cake was so delicious at the tasting that we started hoping our guests would pass on cake, so we'd get to keep more for ourselves. We ended up with the whole top layer left over, and it was just so beautiful I was upset cutting it to eat the leftovers. People left raving about the cake and are still talking about it!

The tasting process was a little odd, in that Party Favors only lets you taste 2 cake combinations per appointment. So we had to select two cakes, frostings, and fillings, and then mix and match on our fork. The other thing I didn't like about the ordering process is that they just have scrapbooks of previous cakes they had done for weddings, and you have to design one from scratch, without any idea as to how much each "element" is going to cost. You design a cake, and THEN they give you an itemized cost list...after you've fallen in love with your design. They also show a lot of floral cakes, but they don't do flowers- they make the cake, and your venue florist does the flowers.

If you provide a photo of your cake for their portfolio, you get a free anniversary cake on your anniversary, which is awesome and keeps you from having to freeze your actual wedding cake, and then eat gross freezer-flavored cake on your anniversary.

Anyway, beautiful, delicious, affordable cake followed by more beautiful, delicious, FREE cake a year later? Yes, please!

Sent on 04/09/2012

Amy · Married on 04/30/2011

Without a doubt you won't find a better tasting cake than from Party Favors. Their frosting is incredible, and each flavor of cake we tried was incredible. We ordered our wedding cake from them, and it was really beautiful. Oh, and no more saving the top of your cake in a freezer - they provide a free small cake on your anniversary to celebrate!

The only reason for giving them anything less than 5 stars was that they seemed to be a bit unorganized and at times I became worried that our wedding cake was going to show up completely with the wrong flavors and colors, but this did not happen... I had to go back on one occasion because they didn't seem to have written down the cake and frosting flavors that we had ordered. Honestly though, I think they are just extremely busy, and in the end everything was perfect so I can't complain too much. Go for a tasting and you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 05/31/2011

Kasyla · Married on 08/15/2010

A week before my wedding I went to Party Favor to order my cake, not only that they could accommodate to it last minute the cake was perfect.

Sent on 08/30/2010

Leslie · Married on 06/23/2007

Wonderful service and very nice staff.

Sent on 04/17/2009

Tessa · Married on 05/23/2015

3.5

I really enjoyed working with Party Favors for both my cake and my invitations. The cakes that we tried were all so delicious it was difficult to decide on flavors! The staff at Party Favors is extremely flexible, easy to talk to, and very helpful. The cake turned out to be absolutely beautiful and I got so many compliments on the taste. I would highly recommend Party Favors for both cakes and invitations.

Sent on 05/05/2008