Parsonage Events Reviews

82 | Clarkston, MI

82 Reviews for Parsonage Events

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Kelsey · Married on 09/22/2018

Parsonage Events, especially Sara Conklin, did an amazing job! Our flowers were stunning, and Sara was so creative and helpful. She came up with new ideas and ways to decorate to go with our vision. We were looking for natural and local flowers that were beautiful jewel tones along with decorations and lighting that would go with a farm wedding. Parsonage can help with everything. Parsonage works closely with our venue, Zingerman's Cornman Farms, on a regular basis, so that was an added bonus. We gave general guidelines but trusted their judgement, and we definitely made the right choice.

Sent on 10/09/2018
  • Grace

Grace · Married on 06/09/2018

We absolutely loved working with Parsonage. Everyone we spoke to was friendly and professional, and I felt like they truly understood and embraced what we liked and didn't like when it came to flowers, and helped us work through ideas and options. We went over some flowers and colors we liked during our consultation, and decided to leave a lot of the design up to Parsonage. We're so glad we did, we were thrilled with how everything came together, it was better than we imagined! The staff have an excellent eye for design, from the colors to the containers they used. They were also really accommodating helping us trim down our budget here and there as needed, without feeling like we were sacrificing anything.

Sent on 06/23/2018
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 09/16/2017

You cannot beat the creative genius of Parsonage Events. Their staff is amazingly talented, not to mention professional and fun. If you're like me and have no idea what you want apart from a few vague concepts, they can run with it and develop something more beautiful than you can ever dream of. I had them do my floral arrangements for my wedding, in addition to renting a number of their pieces, and we received so many compliments on how beautiful everything looked. I had a gorgeous cascading bouquet that looked like something you'd find in a magazine. The staff hand picked all my flowers from Michigan farms, then painstakingly crafted beautiful, one-of-a-kind bouquets and centerpieces. If you want to make your wedding actually look like something you'd see on Pintrest, you simply must hire Parsonage!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Devan · Married on 07/22/2017

We absolutely loved working with Parsonage. Their location in downtown Clarkston is welcoming and adorable (with lots of great restaurants nearby!) and their staff was detailed, creative, and really listened to our ideas and vision. I came in with a specific budget that I was trying to meet, and I appreciated their ability to stay within it while delivering gorgeous florals and event rentals that far exceeded my expectations. We initially worked with Kim to form a plan, but when she left a few months later for a new opportunity, our event was seamlessly transitioned to Liz, the owner. She listened carefully to my ideas about my bouquet, and was able to take my input and create something even better than I imagined.
    Our table decor was a combination of rentals from Parsonage, items provided by our venue, and candles borrowed from a friend, and Parsonage helped us tie everything into a cohesive design and did an amazing job on the setup. We used their succulents in our centerpieces, and at the end of the night we discovered that 4 of the succulents had mysteriously vanished, but Parsonage graciously didn't charge us for those. We also rented a chalkboard sign from them, and they created a lovely customized design for us based on an example I sent them from Pinterest.
    Parsonage, thank you for your part in making our big day extra beautiful!

Sent on 08/09/2017

Brenna · Married on 09/17/2016

Amazing! Liz is the best! an absolute job to be around. My flowers came out to be pure perfection! Soooo happy!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Cassie · Married on 07/22/2016

If you are debating for a second whether or not to hire Parsonage Events/Sara, DO IT! For my recent wedding, I wanted modern and fresh looking flowers and looking at Parsonage's photos, I knew I loved their style. Sara made our initial consultation and our trial so fun and totally got my vision, even though I didn't even know my vision. I totally changed my mind on everything half way through the planning process and Sara didn't show her annoyance at all - she happily took my 20 minute phone call explaining what I now wanted and updated the quote within a few days. During our trial, Sara told me she took some "creative liberties" and tried a couple of things she thought I would like and she was totally spot on. She also quickly put together a couple of boutonnières during the trial without charging me because my fiancé couldnt visualize them. On the day of the wedding, everything looked absolutely amazing. My new husband can't stop saying how much he loved my bouquet and he's not a guy who would normally notice flowers at all. We had two boutonnières for him since we used a more delicate flower and when I asked him when it got switched out, he said Sara was all over it and found him immediately after he ceremony. Also, my mom somehow managed to ruin her corsage from hugging people within an hour of putting it on and Sara quickly whipped up a new one for her without missing a beat. Parsonage is not the cheapest out there but they are worth every penny. I am so glad we used them and highly recommend Sara and Parsonage!

Sent on 07/24/2016

megan · Married on 07/16/2016

You will not be disappointed, they have the best flowers and everything they do is beautiful!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/25/2016

Sara and the team at Parsonage Events helped create my dream wedding! From the day I walked in and sat down at their shop to work through my vision, I was blown away. Sara not only understood my vision but helped me bring together all my pieces and ideas to create a night I will never forget.It sounds cheesy but, during my wedding I had time in between the serving of the salad and main entree at dinner, to just sit and admire the work they had done with my head table, all of the other center pieces, and the decor, I couldn't stop smiling! I would HIGHLY recommend this vendor for any bride! -Ashley E

Sent on 07/14/2016

Lyndsay · Married on 01/23/2016

The team at Parsonage Events is professional, fun, knowledgeable, and helpful. I worked with Liz on creating the perfect ambiance for our winter wedding. She gives such great advice and was always there for my most random questions. Honestly, whenever we would meet to chat, it was like sitting with a good friend discussing fun decorating ideas. I also used Parsonage for my table numbers, escort board, place cards, and directional signs. Sharon and Cristina helped in creating a design specific to our wedding. They both were very flexible, even when I had some last minute guests decide they wanted to attend. The designs that were created were wonderful and whimsical, perfect for our winter wedding. I cannot say enough about their services...just awesome! :).

Sent on 02/05/2016

Josilyn · Married on 09/19/2015

Liz was so awesome and fun to work with! I just gave her some ideas and colors to run with, and seeing the reception hall all decorated brought me to tears! The whole team created such beautiful flowers and people couldn't stop talking about how beautiful everything looked! 100% would recommend (already had a couple guests who were recently engaged that attended the wedding that plan on booking the parsonage for their own weddings they were so impressed!)

Sent on 10/19/2015
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 08/29/2015

Liz was our designer and we couldn't be happier. I came to her with vague ideas, mostly colors, examples of arrangements and photos of other aspects of my wedding. She took my few ideas and ran with them, somehow intuitively knowing what I wanted. The end result was perfect. We received so many compliments. Parsonage also provided my table numbers and escort cards, which also turned out beautifully.

Our communication was mostly easy. She usually responded fairly quickly to emails and our in-person meetings were full of enthusiasm for our wedding and laughter. Liz is a genuine, friendly person and that made it that much easier to trust her with our design.

I'm not sure how costs compared to other companies, but Liz & Parsonage was worth every penny and then some.

Sent on 09/03/2015

Parsonage made my bridal bouquet and all my bridesmaids for my 8/15/15 wedding. I had bright pink and light pink shades with some corals, greens, and babys breath. I absolutely loved the flowers. They did an amazing job. I wish I could have had them do my centerpieces as well, but we ultimately couldn't afford it - we put the money into a band and other things. I highly recommend the parsonage. We also got our gold chivari chairs through parsonage and they were great too!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Christie · Married on 08/14/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Parsonage Events! WE just got married this month, and Parsonage flawlessly executed all of our flowers for the ceremony and reception along with our linens and chair covers.

During the planning process, we worked closely with Liz and she was so wonderful and helpful. She has an extremely creative eye, and knew exactly what I was looking for when I described our colors and theme. Her recommendations and the arrangements she proposed could not have been more perfect for our big day.

Seeing our flowers and linens on the day-of, we could not have been happier with the result. The cafe au lait dahlias were stunningly gorgeous and we received so many compliments from our bridal party and guests. The linens were a perfect fit, and the table arrangements with floating votive candles really just completed the look and ambiance we were looking for.

Through and through, Parsonage Events was just the very best. Their staff is professional, friendly, down to earth, knowledgeable and very talented.

I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Thank you, Parsonage!

Sent on 08/23/2015

Courtney · Married on 07/18/2015

Parsonage Events is hands down the best!!! Liz and the rest of the staff at the Parsonage are fantastic. The flowers and decor for my wedding exceeded my expectations. With Liz it feels like you are working with a close friend or sister. She makes you feel so comfortable and puts together the most amazing decor. We got so many compliments of how our venue looked.

Sent on 08/05/2015

Veronica · Married on 06/20/2015

I loved working with Parsonage Events. I visited a few other florists before I made a decision, but Liz was the only one who really understood what I was looking for! I showed her some photos, and she asked me lots of thoughtful questions about what I liked and didn't like. She put together a Pinterest board with her ideas for me (and a detailed list of costs, which was very helpful), and I was in love! Liz and her staff were so kind and friendly, and really made me feel comfortable that they knew what they were doing. I was so happy when I saw our bouquets and our reception arrangements on the day of, I was so happy. Everything turned out beautiful!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Michelle · Married on 12/27/2014

The team at Parsonage Events did an amazing job at making my wedding vision come to life. We used them for my flowers, decor, menus, programs and table seating chart. I highly recommend all of their services! Thank you Liz and team! You rock! :)

Sent on 01/15/2015

anna · Married on 09/06/2014

Words simply cannot express how incredible Liz at Parsonage Events was to work with. Planning the entire wedding myself, Liz went above and beyond her role as my florist from helping me to pick and arrange vintage furniture, to stuffing and folding napkins with my place cards, to helping me pick out every NON-FLORAL detail like linen colors. She has an impeccable eye and was able to immediately understand the aesthetic I was going for and make it a reality. Above all, Liz cares. She understands the importance of your day and treats your wedding as if it was her own. In addition, Liz worked with me extensively to get the floral budget down to where I felt comfortable - giving me honest feedback on ways to cut back and incredible cost-saving (like vintage candelabras!!!) ideas.

BUT..... I haven't even mentioned how insanely, incredibly gorgeous the flowers were. My entire wedding was beaming at the elegance and beauty of Liz's work. When I pulled into the venue on my wedding day, I was in complete awe - Liz had surpassed my wildest dreams and the wedding was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined.

Do yourself a favor and work with Liz. She is an incredible florist, and an amazing human being.

Sent on 09/23/2014
  • User4219907 · 2+ years ago

The Parsonage provided beautiful fresh flowers, linens, candles and with their creativity made a ballroom into a beautiful spring evening! Their professional and caring staff put us at ease and helped us make choices that were within our budget, and the result was a creation that looked like it was beyond our budget. We also used their graphic design staff and was extremely pleased by the menus, signs and table board created.
    Sara was a pleasure to work with and her enthusiasm and joy was contagious!
    Truly the staff at the parsonage was a blessing to our wedding and we are grateful to have had the opportunity to work with them and know them.

Sent on 07/02/2014
  • User4205809 · 2+ years ago

Beautiful flowers, amazing consultant!

Sent on 06/26/2014

Emily · Married on 02/14/2014

As event professional that has seen SO many beautiful flowers and designs throughout the years, when it was time to plan my wedding, I wanted a design that would top all others - Parsonage Events did just that! My flowers, linens and stationery were beyond anything I imagined. It was a little difficult for me to put into words what I wanted and I am so grateful for every single designer at Parsonage that help me bring my dream and vision to life! When I saw our reception and how beautiful it was, it literally brought me to tears! (not exaggerating!!!) I loved only having to think about one thing that day - my husband! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 05/07/2014
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/28/2013

Where do I even begin? We visited Parsonage Events as our first look at a florist. Within minutes, we chose to go with them before ever stepping foot into another florist. We were completely blown away by the staff, decor, designs, even the building was absolutely adorable! We met with Sara as our floral consultant and I have a million good things to say about her!! We gave her an idea on what we were envisioning and she literally made our dreams come true. From the ceremony site to the linens to the centerpieces all the way to the rented items like easels, a chandelier, banners and more! Sara was so kind, fun, professional, efficient and accommodating. We gave her our budget and she was able to make it absolutely breathtaking without cutting corners at all. Not only all of that but because of Parsonage, our wedding photos will shine and will be so very memorable and portray the gorgeous wedding day we had because of Sara's creativeness and eye for detail. Parsonage was by far one of the best vendors that we had the pleasure of working with and we look forward to working with Sara again and again for any future events.

Sincerely,
    Ashley & Scotty Iulianelli

Sent on 10/21/2013

Ali · Married on 09/14/2013

ELEGANT and SOPHISTICATED are the words our guests used to describe the look and feel of our wedding. Never would have been the case without the help of the Parsonage. Debbie and her team are incredibly talented! They will work with you to recommend ideas and I was super impressed with how creative she was working within our budget to create the designs we were trying to achieve. I am obsessed with Peonies, but since they are not so practical in September ($$), they showed me so many other similar options to consider without compromising what I was envisioning.

Also, it was such a bonus that we were able to rent our chivari chairs, up-lighting, and lounge area couches and tables through them as well. Made the entire design and planning process so incredibly easy for us.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Mary · Married on 06/15/2013

Parsonage events is a rare gem! The staff at Parsonage are absolute visionaries. My daughter was married 6/15/13 at Pine Knob Carriage House. My daughter and I were fortunate to have Sarah as our wedding planning guru. She was wonderful to work with, so sweet, and was always so accommodating. My daughter explained the look she was going for and the finished product far surpassed anything we had hoped for. It was like walking onto the pages of a magazine! It absolutely took our (and all of our guests) breath away. We used Parsonage for our flowers,linens,invitations and other stationary needs. Everyone there is so helpful. They truely go above and beyond. Thank you to Sarah(for everything!) Sharon(for the beautiful invites and for figuring things out!) Christina(the graphic artist we didn't think we could afford. Not only are you reasonable,you're very talented!) This wedding would not have been what it was,absolutely gorgeous!, without all of you lovely ladies. Thank you for making my daughter's dreams come true. Sincerely, Mary Cribb (MOB)

Sent on 07/28/2013

Beautiful flowers and great service.

Sent on 01/10/2013

shannon · Married on 10/20/2012

Parsonage did my bouquets and centerpieces for my wedding and everything was perfect! They did an amazing job and everything was beautiful!!!

Sent on 11/01/2012