parisian events Reviews

17 | New York, NY

17 Reviews for parisian events

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Jessica · Married on 10/13/2012

Planning a wedding from New York in Paris with a six-month window could have proved to be a huge challenge had it not been for Kim. From our first conversation, we felt like we'd known her forever – she has a vibrant and engaging personality that puts any fears you may have about planning a wedding overseas to rest. She was invaluable in helping us bring to life our vision of a 1920s style party – from her creative ideas, insight into the French wedding culture, great venue and vendor relationships as well as the actual execution of the event made it truly the most memorable night of our lives. I cannot say enough good things about Kim (nor could our guests:)). She was truly amazing to work with and I wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone thinking of planning a wedding in Paris.

Sent on 11/21/2012

Pamela · Married on 05/18/2012

Kim was absolutely amazing when it came to coordinating our dream wedding in Paris! I searched the web for numerous planners who would be able to help us plan our special day, but no-one even came close to the personal touch that Kim and her staff is able to give to her clients. All we found were pre-packaged wedding deals from big companies that weren't interested in making the day truly yours, until we discovered Parisian Events.

After speaking with Kim for the first time, I knew we had found a special person to whom we could entrust our planning from across the Atlantic. She listened to all of the things we wanted to do on our wedding day and made it happen, even better than we could have possibly imagined! Her contacts throughout Paris for everything from hair and makeup (ladies, go with the young man she recommends, just trust me on that one!), to travel accommodations, flowers, catering and officiants are all top-notch. The individual approach that Kim took with us ensured that we shared with our family a day we will never forget. And after that day, we consider Kim a part of our family too!

For anyone looking to get away from the tried and true wedding ceremony to have a different kind of experience, we can't recommend Kim more than enough to help make those thoughts, ideas and dreams come true. She helped us create a one-of-a-kind ceremony that perfectly reflected our personalities and we have beautiful memories to look back on for many years to come.

Sent on 10/23/2012

Melissa · Married on 05/03/2012

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Kimberly Petyt and how she helped to make our wedding day and entire experience in Paris unforgettably fabulous! Our wedding celebration in Paris under the Tour Eiffel was like being in a fairytale, a moment in time that we will cherish for as long as we live! And we have Kimberly to thank. But it wasn't just the wedding day in Paris... From the moment I discovered her services online (not only was I taken by her incredibly informative knowledge, but also by her wit and charm!), to the minute we started the conversation about what my husband and I had in mind for our special day, and right up to the very moment we said our "I do's", Kim was there with us and understood exactly what we had envisioned, and she had all the tools to make it happen. From the florist, to my stylist James, our officiant Susie who wrote the most beautiful ceremony for us (we were in tears!), and Milos and Natasa, our amazing photographers, it was Kim that brought us all together. And not only did it work out to be a beautiful wedding ceremony, but a real connection was made with these wonderful people who shared our special moment. A connection we will cherish and continue to build upon. But that's not really all of it! From the moment we arrived in Paris, Kimberly had lots of special recommendations and information about where to go and what we might like to do in the days leading up to our wedding. And she was spot on about all of it. She allowed us to relax and enjoy the city. No stressful last minute wedding details, just lots incredible moments my husband and I shared in this most magnificent city. Needless to say, I absolutely recommend Parisian Events in helping you to make whatever your event may be, one that is most special and memorable.

Sent on 10/12/2012

Blair · Married on 03/05/2012

Kim was unbelievably helpful and patient, even when my fiance and I were dealing with the 6 hour time difference and calling at all the wrong hours. She provided excellent recommendations for our florist, and was an amazing location scout in the months before the ceremony. Having her level-headed, kind demeanor on our wedding day was priceless, and her services were worth every penny.

Sent on 09/19/2012

J · Married on 05/13/2011

Kim was an absolute pleasure and valuable resource to work with for our ‘big’ day. Her enthusiasm and experience are unparalleled. She was wonderful in advising and organizing the finer details to ensure that the wedding was exactly as we dreamed it would be. Kim - unlike the stories I hear of very professional planners creating a dream event tailored to their desires, Kim absolutely helps you to create the event of your desires (and if you don't know what they are, she is a encyclopedia of ideas!). From start to finish, brainstorming to execution, she was there to advise and implement. Everything was wonderful, from the look and feel, to the smaller details that made the day run ever so smooth. On top of it all, beyond being just a great professional, Kim is fun and lighthearted, which is very welcome and appreciated during what can be a very stressful period for the couple. Thank you again Kim!

Sent on 05/26/2011

Kimberley · Married on 10/12/2010

Even a National Strike could not stop Kim from making our day perfect in Paris. She really is amazing and wonderful. If we hadn't been watching the news we would never have know about the national strike, Kim had everything covered and not a thing went wrong. The vendors were excellent (hair, flowers, etc) and came within the set budget. It really was a perfect day.

Sent on 10/29/2010

Jamie · Married on 10/08/2010

5 Stars for Kim @Parisian Events, she is wonderful! She is great at answering the many questions you'll have with a wedding abroad (like I had!), and she asked questions too! I really feel like she's more like a good friend, and not just my wedding planner!

Sent on 11/04/2010

Nativa and Steve · Married on 01/16/2010

We decided to get married in Paris at the very last minute, and were SO happy that we went with Parisian Events. I was especially nervous about not being able to communicate with anybody, and Kim took the time to go over all of the contracts and everything with us. Even though we only started planning in September, she was able to work miracles and get us the venue that we really wanted. Our wedding was so beautiful, so romantic, so unforgettable, I would highly recommend Kim and Parisian events to anyone who is thinking of getting married in Paris.

Sent on 02/08/2010

Michelle · Married on 04/26/2009

Kim Petyt did a phenomenal job. I can't praise her enough. She was wonderful to work with and fully individualized our wedding day to perfectly reflect us. Our guests were also incredibily impressed. We could never have pulled it all off without her and she made it such a joy! It was the best day of our lives.

Sent on 05/05/2009
  • F

Floriana · Married on 09/22/2008

Parisian Events did such an amazing job planning my wedding. After everything was done, I couldn't have pictured it any different.
    Kim Petyt was always responsive to my questions ( I live in NY), and was always on top of things from the beginning.
    I love Paris and now I will love it even more!

Sent on 10/13/2008

Michelle Kathryn · Married on 07/05/2008

Kim organised two wedding celebrations for us - first our wedding party for a small group of friends and second our blessing ceremony with our family. She is professional, responsive, creative, enthusiatic, principled, diplomatic, calm and was indispensible in our ability to create memorable days!! I would recommend her highly.

Sent on 07/12/2008

Kerry · Married on 04/04/2009

Kim was amazing in helping us plan our wedding. We both work alot, and travel often so her flexibility or responsiveness was key in getting the wedding organized. Also, she understood the finer details of a Franco-American wedding and the traditions are important in each culture. She also understood us - she took the time to get to know us and did an amazing job of presenting us options that fit with our personality and our vision of our wedding.

She found vendors in the city that we would have never found on our own, including an american cake baker who created a fabulous 3-tiered cake! She organized each visit so that we did not waste time seeing places or vendors that were not worthwhile or unqualified, and she made efficient use of our time in the planning process. The day and night of the wedding she handled every thing that came up - we only had to go to her and she got it resolved so we had the maximum amount of time to spend with our guests.

We can't thank her enough for working with us on our wedding and makeing the day so special and a perfect reflection of our personalities.

Sent on 04/21/2009

Carolyn · Married on 03/17/2008

Kim Petyt knows weddings!! Her strongest assets are her creativity, intimate knowledge of Paris and a long list of trusted, FANTASTIC vendors. We could not have been more pleased with the selection of hotels, restaurants, photographers, florists, etc. that Kim provided for our Parisian elopement. Our wedding was truly unique and we couldn't be happier with Kim's work.

Sent on 04/05/2008

Christina&Nick · Married on 09/26/2009

Our Parisian wedding was everything we dreamed of thanks to parisian events. Kim was great to work with. We had a couple bumps along the road and prices were sometimes a bit more expensive than quoted.

Sent on 10/24/2009

Jennifer · Married on 09/06/2008

Kim was wonderful to work with. Very friendly and provided us with a lot of insight to how things are done in Paris. Planning a wedding in Paris is very different than in the US in terms of the timing in booking vendors. The US industry pushes to book a year in advance and in Paris things were still in the works 4 wks up until the event. This was something I had to get used to and just trust that Kim had it all under control, which she did!

Sent on 10/19/2008

Eric · Married on 05/25/2010

Kim was extremely helpful and quickly zeroed into exactly what we were looking for. She clearly understands the difficulties in planning a wedding from a (great) distance and did a great job addressing the key hurdles. The people she works with for photography and transportation are excellent. Although there are few options when trying to find an American wedding planner in Paris, she is clearly a cut above the rest and would have no trouble holding water with the best planners in any city on the west side of the Atlantic.

Sent on 06/16/2010

Ben · Married on 01/02/2010

3.5

Kim has access to some really top notch professionals who know how to navigate the french weddingscape and was critical to the success of our operation..thx Kim

Sent on 01/20/2010